AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-08-25, 15:50   Link #221
jfs
Aegisub dev

Well there is also the "Banner" effect that goes in the Effect field, just Aegisub doesn't have any GUI for that. (You can look it up in the old/traditional ASS and SSA format docs, we're mostly trying to ignore that function over here )

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 02:42   Link #222
Once and Current Subber

Ran into a bizarre bug while working on a friend's file.

She was exporting to SSA format in preparation for Captions Inc timecode ramping (ugh, my kingdom for a native ASS timecode feature... or better yet, a DVD sub export function with timecode!) She'd left it set on US-ASCII instead of UTF-8. When her files finished exporting, something like half the lines weren't in the exported file! Kind of random which ones were and weren't included, too. She wasn't doing anything outrageous with the character set (just English letters, numbers, and punctuation), so it's not that.

Changing the setting to UTF-8 allowed her to export a "proper" SSA file.

Probably not important - I set mine to UTF-8 back when I was first configuring the box, and haven't had any problems or reason to mess with it since. Was just curious. Went to look at the bug tracker, but it seems to be down? (Or rather, it only has a picture of a kappa...)
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 04:13   Link #223
jfs
Aegisub dev

Hmm that sounds pretty weird... most likely some kind of bug yes. The bugtracker address is bugs.aegisub.net btw., and I just checked that it works.

Oh, and don't use US-ASCII for any purpose. If you really need a single-byte character set for English text just use ISO 8859-15 or Windows 1252, as those actually define most of the commonly used special and accented characters used in western European languages too. US-ASCII is limited to 7 bit code.
(Still, lines that can't be exactly represented shouldn't disappear. And if they can be represented they most certainly shouldn't disappear!)

Old 2008-09-29, 14:31   Link #224
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Can anyone tell me why this looks freakin' ugly? :P

Quote:
Pics:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8...ngbord1cf2.png
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6...ngbord2ag3.png

Code:
{\fad(970,500)\bord2\be1\shad0\b1\fnBD Cartoon Shout\3c&H272D27&\fs18\frz11.978\frx2\fry2\fscx108 .75\fscy122.5\c&H364639&\pos(276,229)}
That's what the first frame look like as the fading kicks in.

Using Aegisub v2.1.2 r1987, vsfilter 2.39 and CCCP blablabla...
Old 2008-09-29, 14:52   Link #225
jfs
Aegisub dev

That's the unfortunate side-effect of the fix for the "fade to black" bug in VSFilter, as it's called by some. It can also be called "using \fad or other draws the border colour behind the fill colour during fades unless \1a or \2a are non-zero". Unfortunately the fix causes those seams you can see... I'm not entirely sure why but I can't bother trying to figure out it.
The fix for your problem is either to use an older version of VSFilter without that bugfix (which means you'll also lose the new features added) or to use some ugly hack to emulate the old behaviour. I can't think of a good way off the top of my head, though.

Old 2008-09-29, 15:23   Link #226
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

i c, thx for the help.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:07   Link #227
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Since version 2.55 of AVS, it's possible to use multiple version of the same filter in single script, you can extract that one line, render it with older vsfilter, and still render the rest with new version.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:30   Link #228
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

So what vsfilter are you supposed to use now? ^^
The new CCCP contain a vsfilter called "vsfilter 2.39 r796"

Sorry for being n00b. =)
Old 2008-10-01, 19:49   Link #229
jfs
Aegisub dev

That version is based on the latest guliverkli2 code, which means every single known patch applied, aka. the very latest and (arguably) best.

(Disclaimer: May no longer be true in a month or two, I don't know if any more development will happen on it.)

Old 2008-10-10, 19:57   Link #230
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Actually it's from the MPC-HC svn, which has all of your work in guliverkli2 plus the few extra things they've added (blu-ray subs and such I think).
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 19:08   Link #231
Jonouchi

How do you make the border change color? I know with a tag like this '{\r\be1\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&HB8C011&)}' you can change the color of the main text, but can you adjust it for the border? Or even the shadow? Thanks~ ^_^
Jonouchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:38   Link #232
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
The \1c part.

For border, change it to \3c, and for shadow, \4c
Old 2008-12-04, 05:36   Link #233
Karia_Chan

How can I bend the text like in this picture, and even make it move like a waveform?

Karia_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:30   Link #234
jfs
Aegisub dev

Lots and lots of manual work, unless you want to spend a lot of time writing a new tool.
Either by creating a line per character and positioning them manually, or with the huge-\org-and-rotate trick, having a slightly different rotation per character.

Old 2008-12-04, 06:34   Link #235
Karia_Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Lots and lots of manual work, unless you want to spend a lot of time writing a new tool.
Either by creating a line per character and positioning them manually, or with the huge-\org-and-rotate trick, having a slightly different rotation per character.
I knew it wasn't easy, but I was afraid that it was some kind of AE effect. It would be great if they write a new tool for it. Thank you
Karia_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 23:09   Link #236
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
I know this question has probably been asked to death, but I'm pretty sure I've already covered all of the possibilities that it could be about the spacing issue.

I don't know if it's because of the fonts I'm choosing or what, but when hitting Apply Karaoke Template, the individual romaji syllables in some cases will overlap on each other.

Script and Video resolution match. first thing I always do with the raw script after loading it or when starting a brand new one for typesetting is hit Resample Resolution to make sure it's 704x396, 704x480, or whatever I'm working with.

Simple code I use as my base effect (the outline grow and flash effect):

{\3a&HAA&\shad0\pos($x,$y)\t($start,$mid,\bord3\3a &H55&\3c&HE9C2C3&)\t($mid,$end,\bord2\3a&H00&\3c&H 584545&}

Although it usually doesn't take too much time to manually fix the overlapping syllables for a couple of layers, I'd rather not have to do this every time I create a new one, especially if later on I do more complex effects with a lot of layers.

When I did the OP for Clannad AS, I didn't have the syllable overlapping problem, and I think really the only difference besides the fonts of course was that I was working with a 640x480 video raw.

Here's the one for Negima Ala Alba 1 that I'm working on. Note that this is an anamorphic source with Override Aspect Ratio set at Default (setting it to Widescreen will make the text show the correct horizontal and vertical sizes), and yes, the overlap problem shows in either mode I'm displaying. Overlap issue occurs in usual 704x396 cases as well.

Original:

Overlapping:

Notice how the first "t" in "kitto" is layering on top of the previous syllable.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 00:22   Link #237
jfs
Aegisub dev

I think your problem is two-part.

First, there's the problem of outlines overlapping the fill. When the outlines are thick enough (that is, bigger than 2 or 3 pixels) they'll often end up overlapping other nearby syllables. This happens because the syllables are on their own line so they're rendered as separate "objects" and have the outlines applied separately, instead of "joined" as it is when everything is rendered by a single line.
The solution is really rather simple: Put the outline in a separate layer. That is, make one template line containing the effects on the outline (but it should probably have the fill hidden by \1a&HFF&) and make that template Layer 0. Then make another template which has no outline (by \bord0) and put the effects on the fill in that template, and make sure it has Layer 1. (You can of course use other layer numberings as long as the fill has a higher layer number than the outline. If you want shadow too, put that in yet another layer below the border.)
When you do the outline and fill in separate layers like this you should avoid outlines overlapping fills.

The second thing is that you really need to use sub-pixel positioning. The $x and $y variables (and their family) only contain whole-pixel precision, but VSFilter handles up to 1/8 pixel precision and all modern versions of VSFilter can take floating-point coordinates in \pos and \move.
Usually you can get away with using $y for the vertical position, but it's $x that's problematic.
Instead of $x, try this: !line.left+syl.center!
That'll only work with \an5, \an2 and \an8 btw, if you use another alignment you'll need to use syl.left or syl.right instead of syl.center.

Old 2008-12-14, 02:01   Link #238
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a shot as I've got two more karaokes to get done coming up soon. BTW, I'm currently using Aegisub 2.1.2, though someone told me that 2.1.6 is out. Does that have the latest VSFilter that you're mentioning? I know that I have the one in the csri folder that says 1.0.1.3, though my AviSynth folder has 1.0.1.4
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 11:23   Link #239
jfs
Aegisub dev

Don't count on the version number VSFilter.dll itself contains in the resources (the one you can see in Explorer.) It has never been correct in any way.
Yes 2.1.6 should have the very newest VSFilter, a 2.39 version. In fact, the same version as is included with the newest CCCP.

Old 2008-12-15, 13:30   Link #240
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
On the same idea, I have had the same type of problem with $x, but it seems most problematic with the character "t" - most of the other characters work fine.

Is there any reason for this, or is it just a weird fluke?

Tags
aegisub, help thread