Notices

Old 2008-11-29, 23:36   Link #141
Mark15
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Mark15
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Is haki really somethin that can be mastered so easily, if at all?
Shanks has been use's that ability for a long time time, why do you think that he nock out hella whitebeards pirates
Mark15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 23:38   Link #142
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark15 View Post
Shanks has been use's that ability for a long time time, why do you think that he nock out hella whitebeards pirates
Not quite what I was getting at...
he may be good with his Haki, but I'd hardly call Shanks a master.....
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 23:42   Link #143
Mark15
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Mark15
Exclamation

Quote:
Not quite what I was getting at...
he may be good with his Haki, but I'd hardly call Shanks a master.....
READ THIS, I FOUND IT IN ONE PIECE WIKI : Haki (覇気) is a form of spirit energy of sorts that a few notable characters use. The way it is common with the Kuja suggests it theorically could be used by anyone who learn it, although there are special types of Haki that only a certain group of "chosen ones" can use.

Levels:
Haoushoku (覇王色) - Also known as the "King's Disposition".This is the Haki level achieved by a select chosen few (one in a million). This Haki was powerful enough to take out many of the Kuja warriors who are already accustomed to regular Haki. So far the only two identified with this level of Haki are Luffy (who recently only began showing signs of and doesn't even know about it) and Boa Hancock.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-30 at 05:48.
Mark15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 10:23   Link #144
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
At some point in the last hour of my Psychology class, the image of Buggy cos-playing as Rayman entered my head. I was suddenly hit with a sense of realization: if Buggy does possess some form of Haki, could this be possible?
Basically, could you imagine Buggy tossing "flares" from his hands?

This gets into something of recent (meaning just thought up right this second) interest to me: could DF abilities affect Haki?
In Buggy's case, he has the power of the Chop-Chop Fruit, so could his potential Haki, as a manifestation of his body, be "separated" as well?

The possibilities just keep coming don't they?
I shudder at the thought of what could happen if a Logia managed to get a grasp on Haki...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 12:17   Link #145
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
At some point in the last hour of my Psychology class, the image of Buggy cos-playing as Rayman entered my head. I was suddenly hit with a sense of realization: if Buggy does possess some form of Haki, could this be possible?
Basically, could you imagine Buggy tossing "flares" from his hands?

This gets into something of recent (meaning just thought up right this second) interest to me: could DF abilities affect Haki?
In Buggy's case, he has the power of the Chop-Chop Fruit, so could his potential Haki, as a manifestation of his body, be "separated" as well?

The possibilities just keep coming don't they?
I shudder at the thought of what could happen if a Logia managed to get a grasp on Haki...
Two major points come to mind at the moment. First, the Logia with Haki: It reminds me of Naruto trying to infuse an element into his rasengan, only... it would work backwards. Infusing pure energy(for lack of a better description) into an element. I'm thinking something along the lines of a "super-charged" logia. Let's use Ace as an example: His flames would burn hotter.
Now buggy as a specific entity using Haki: Well, I was thinking each body part may manifest its own Haki seperatley; he would be at his strongest as a whole....
Perhapse he already uses a slight form of Haki to control his body parts...?
I always thought that devil fruits somehow altered one's haki abilities, anyway....
Old 2008-12-01, 14:36   Link #146
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Two major points come to mind at the moment. First, the Logia with Haki: It reminds me of Naruto trying to infuse an element into his rasengan, only... it would work backwards. Infusing pure energy(for lack of a better description) into an element. I'm thinking something along the lines of a "super-charged" logia. Let's use Ace as an example: His flames would burn hotter.
Now buggy as a specific entity using Haki: Well, I was thinking each body part may manifest its own Haki seperatley; he would be at his strongest as a whole....
I always thought that devil fruits somehow altered one's haki abilities, anyway....
Well, not everyone has Haki, though I suppose you could say all have the potential for it. It's a discipline, like a martial art...

Hmm, so I could then compare Ace to Azula if I were to follow your theory?
I like it.

Well, again, for Buggy I was thinking that... look at it like this: let's say Haki is a physical manifestation of "will", as such it could physically be a part of someone's body so to speak.
So, if Buggy could physically manifest his Haki, if he has any to begin with, it would be plausible to say he could "separate" and launch it like any of his body parts.
Again, think Rayman.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-12-01, 14:40   Link #147
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Well, not everyone has Haki, though I suppose you could say all have the potential for it. It's a discipline, like a martial art...

Hmm, so I could then compare Ace to Azula if I were to follow your theory?
I like it.

Well, again, for Buggy I was thinking that... look at it like this: let's say Haki is a physical manifestation of "will", as such it could physically be a part of someone's body so to speak.
So, if Buggy could physically manifest his Haki, if he has any to begin with, it would be plausible to say he could "separate" and launch it like any of his body parts.
Again, think Rayman.
Seeing as how everyone has the potential for Haki, who says that not everyone could use it? I was saying something to the effect of DF's affecting your personal Haki, activating it, and mutating it to an extent.

Actually, with the Buggy comment, I was thinking of each body part being its own sentient being, to some extent...
Old 2008-12-01, 14:51   Link #148
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Seeing as how everyone has the potential for Haki, who says that not everyone could use it? I was saying something to the effect of DF's affecting your personal Haki, activating it, and mutating it to an extent.

Actually, with the Buggy comment, I was thinking of each body part being its own sentient being, to some extent...
As to your last remark... hell, Haki is weird like that, I wouldn't be surprised by it.

That first part made me think of X-men... we just keep coming back to this huh?

Old 2008-12-01, 14:53   Link #149
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
As to your last remark... hell, Haki is weird like that, I wouldn't be surprised by it.

That first part made me think of X-men... we just keep coming back to this huh?
Well, there are subtle differences, with X-men, but this teory of mine also explains the logic behind what would happen if one ate two Devil Fruits. Your Haki would mutate too far, trying to become two things at once, forcing your body to split from the stress.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:29   Link #150
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well the mythical side of the story is simply that you would have two spirits of the devil inside of your body, and as a way of punishing the greedy, you explode, scattering your body to the four winds.

But no, with a combination of Haki and Devil Fruit Powers, you would gain an all new level of power. So Luffy's moving up in the world, getting ready to battle Blackbeard himself. Even with his ability to take Luffy's Devil Fruit power, he's still going to have some trouble, because not only does he have both of these powers but also supernatural strength and fighting ability. Luffy's almost ready.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 15:16   Link #151
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Since you've mentioned Luffy in particular, I have an idea for how his abilities: the rubber-band man.

Basically, imagine if Luffy could trap a force, like say an enemy blow, using his Haki and then cause it to flow through his body. Combined with the momentum factor in his rubber attacks... Luffy could potentially pull off something to a kami blast.

Side note: In philosophy, we got a little handle of Nietzsche's notion of the "Will to Power."
It is the idea that every living being acts in accordance to a desire to garner strength and to dominate others.

Just thought I'd throw that out there considering the topic.

Old 2008-12-09, 15:32   Link #152
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Since you've mentioned Luffy in particular, I have an idea for how his abilities: the rubber-band man.

Basically, imagine if Luffy could trap a force, like say an enemy blow, using his Haki and then cause it to flow through his body. Combined with the momentum factor in his rubber attacks... Luffy could potentially pull off something to a kami blast.

Side note: In philosophy, we got a little handle of Nietzsche's notion of the "Will to Power."
It is the idea that every living being acts in accordance to a desire to garner strength and to dominate others.

Just thought I'd throw that out there considering the topic.
Actually, your iea reminded me more of the Impact dials. Luffy couldbecome a living version of one, and learn how to use it better from Usopp, of all people.
As for the will of power? Couldn't describe Haki more succinctly if you tried.
Old 2008-12-10, 06:50   Link #153
crescent_essence
The Best of the Best.

Send a message via MSN to crescent_essence
Sorry but...hasn't Haki been discussed enough already? This thread should be left alone from here on out, since you two (OteisRagnarok and BlickNhite) have just been putting forward strange, purely original, (while appreciated, not very logical at the same time) contributions, whereas the thread has already come to an established array of conclusions, and further discussion is not only not-very-useful, but now becoming counterproductive.

Why do I say so?

Well, this forum is a very large, and very popular one, and we have newbies coming in all the time, and recently, the main question coming out has been "Hey, I'm new here. Sorry, but What is Haki?"

Or questions like: "IS Luffy really destined to become a King?" or "Does this mean that Haki can neutralize DF powers?"

And our response is usually "Hello, new user. It's nice to see you around. In response to your Haki related questions, we would like to refer you to our One Piece Haki Discussion Thread, where C.A., marvelB, Blackbeard D. Kuma, holypanl, and various other have pretty soundly reasoned it through."

But if you two come here and keep posting random speculation, then when they enter the thread, they meet unfounded, whimsical posts, about your personal theories, (which, by the way, are unsupported by the manga) they would either get the wrong ideas, or have to search through a very long thread to find the good stuff.

Posts like this are not useful when we refer newbies to this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark15
Shanks has also mastered that ability "Haki".
Quote:
Is haki really somethin that can be mastered so easily, if at all?
etc...It just occured to me I'd have to almost quote this whole page.

So while your ideas are definitely interesting, and innovative (the post about the Haki being able to amplify Logia abilities was amusing, definitely), for the best of the ease of use of the thread, let's just leave the posts by C.A and Blackbeard D. Kuma, etc to be within ease reach.
crescent_essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:55   Link #154
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Well gee comrade, I'd suspect that if you really wanted to know about Haki you'd at least have the common sense to read things from the beginning of the thread to get a more "rounded" view of th subject.

But still, I can see your logic in stating just how lazy people can be in that regard and I suppose I shall respect your wishes.

I'll just move this over to the Theories and Discussion Thread then, that should be relevant enough correct?

God forbid the newbies get confused looking into something that is 100% speculation...

Old 2008-12-13, 22:52   Link #155
Hiandromon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With how you guys explained this "Haki" technique, I'm guessing Nami will have to learn it in order to defeat Jimbei at Fishman Island. It would be much interesting to see Nami go against that fishman dictator.
Everyone's learning something new, Luffy's going to use Haki which I believe is more Like WillPower,His Will is what cuased those things to happen and seem's like a likely theory, right?
Hiandromon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 20:31   Link #156
marvelB

Been a while since I've posted here. Well, time to bring up something interesting:

In some past threads, I've mentioned the possibility of Buggy being able to use Haki. Sure, he may not have herculean strength like Luffy, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of using it (besides, I doubt that any of the Kuja amazons save Hancock (and maybe Nyon) were stronger than Luffy, either). Frankly, I don't really expect Buggy to be a powerhouse. Besides, he always struck me as being someone who relies more on weapons (and his DF power) more than his own brute strength, anyway..... and here is where I believe his Haki comes into play.

Now, I believe that we may have actually seen a hint of Buggy using Haki early in the series. Recall Buggy's cannonballs, if you will. Remember how just one of them was powerful enough to wipe out a small village? What if that was because Buggy infused the cannonball with Haki? Sure, some could say that it's because a little extra firepower was added to them (right james0246? ), but.... what if there were more to it than that? I mean, we already had a hint of Shanks using Haki in the very first chapter of the series, so I don't find it impossible that Oda snuck in an extra hint a little bit afterwards. Besides, I think it makes sense: Haki arrows can crush stone, while a single Haki cannonball can blow a village to kingdom come. I really feel that we'll see Buggy's true potential during the Impel Down storyline.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 17:27   Link #157
Casshern

Quote:
I would think Kizaru might be someone to infuse his light abilities with haki when he wants to make his light pierce instead of reflect, or when he forms his light saber to maintain the shape.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 14:04   Link #158
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I would think Kizaru might be someone to infuse his light abilities with haki when he wants to make his light pierce instead of reflect, or when he forms his light saber to maintain the shape.
Exactly what I was thinking.
But think a little further. His DF is his haki ability. What I was thinking was that Devil fruits alter the way one's haki works, and makes it do something specific, without training it to do so.
Most people need to train their haki to be able to do things with it, right? I like to think of DFs as a shortcut to that training. Not so much that it gives you haki all of a sudden, but rather gives you a direction in which to train it. You can train it in other ways, but you'll be most effective in using it to augment your DF powers...
This is all just speculation, though.
Old 2009-06-11, 02:27   Link #159
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, now that people have a better concept of Haki than before I guess, I'll do a compilation update on the various Haki posts I've been randomly typing all over the sub forum.
-----------

Ha: The word 'ha' means domination. To have the ambition to rule supreme over others, to be better than others and rule over them.

Ki: The word 'ki' is the spirit, the lifeforce, or just the force that's found in everything in the universe. It is also the person's well being, his mood, emotions, everything that's part of his spirit. It is also the presence, the atmosphere of something or someone that is emitted or in the air. Or you can call it the 'aura' of things.

Because Ki is everything, it can be in many forms. When you ask whether someone is 'genki', you're asking whether he is feeling fine, whether he is in good spirits. 'Tenki' is the weather, the atmospheric condition, the condition of the air. 'Warugi' (gi is another pronounciation of ki), is an evil spirit, an evil presence, you can feel the evil from a place if it looks eerie, sometimes a person can also feel evil. There are many types of ki, all coming from the meaning of the spirit, atmosphere or mood of things.

Then there's also Sakki, the killing intention of a person or animal. When a person is expressing agression, and is holding a knife, you can feel his killing intention. There's an atmosphere of danger towards you, you feel threatened and have this fear of death.
----------------

Then we have our main topic, Haki. Yes, you should be able to understand its a 'spirit of dominance', 'ambitious spirit', 'a will to dominate', something like that.

What can Haki do, or what does it do? A spirit, a lifeforce, a will to rule over others, what does that mean? How do you rule over others?

There are 2 ways, they either fear you and succumb under your powers or they become attracted to you and becomes your allies. This are 2 fundamental ways to rule over others.

We have seen in One Piece that Haki can intimidate people. The Seaking feared Shanks so much that it ran off. Think of the instances where people feared so much that they couldn't even move. And then there were times where people have so much fear that they foam in the mouths and pass out. Yes they all had fear, they were enemies of those who a powerful Haki, those who had a powerful spirit.

Can Haki be so strong that even light would freeze in its tracks? Or rather, the one who wielded light, to freeze in his tracks? Can you have such powerful intention in hitting someone that your punch will hurt someone that can't be hurt? Can you will your arrows into splitting rocks apart? Do you have the will to think that you can do these?

If you know someone on your side who's extremely confident, powerful and charismatic, would you be attracted to him? Would you choose someone like that to become your leader?

Because a person with strong Haki would mean that he has a strong spirit, a strong will to rule over everything, it makes his allies feel that they can depend on you. With strong allies, you can have a strong fighting spirit. People with strong Haki will become powerful leaders and as a powerful leader, you'll have similarly powerful Nakama. Haki can become stronger when people bind together, their spirits, their 'ki' merge and support each other, becoming an even stronger force.

This means Ki is a variable force, it changes with your mood, your spirits. If you're down, you won't be able to bring out your Haki, if you're spirits are high, you'll have a powerful Haki. But Haki is limited by your ambition, your dreams, the stronger your will to accomplish those dreams, the stronger your Haki.

If you're someone who only wants to open a small shop down the street, you don't need mcuh Haki. But if some day, you feel like becoming the best shop, you're ambition starts to build. And then you feel like making a franchise, you want to become a CEO, you want to rule the industry. Your Haki builds up. And to build it up, you need to have powerful sponsers, investors, allies. To attract such people, you must have that charisma, the confidence, you must be able too convince people to join you. You must have the Haki.

You can build Haki if you really have that will, ambition and dream. But some people are just born with it, some people are natural leaders. Be it their character and personality, whether they're just charming, overwhelmingly confident or extremely nice, incredibly powerful and determined, these people have strong Haki from the start.

People like Luffy, he is extremely confident, he has incredible will and determination, he makes people around him feel that they can do anything, they have no fear with him around. His Haki is so strong that it is equivalent to a king, a ruler that rules over ally and enemy, he was born with such a personality and Haki.
--------------

I guess that's about it for today, not sure if I missed out any points in Haki.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 02:59   Link #160
marcusJulius

I don't know how it is gonna be, but haki should be introduced as main part of the story soon. If not, there is no way for Luffy to deal with Logia users. It is OK to run from a Marine captain if you can at the beginning of the story or get beaten few times and then learn a trick to beat a powerful logia user again at the beginning. However, when the story progresses there should be some element for hero to deal with stronger foes. The most promising thing seems to be Haki. To be honest, I don't want him to be beaten easily again and be at the mercy of the enemy.

I think Haki will be like aura,ki from other series to strengthen the defense of a person or make the attacks stronger.
marcusJulius is offline   Reply With Quote