Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-12, 00:41   Link #381
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
He told Kabuto that he trusted him with all of his heart during the Tsunade confrontation. That sounds like a new best friend to me.
Assuming that Oro's words are correct, for Oro, Kabuto is more like a doctor, servant, maid, or something along those lines rather than a friend.

But, considering Oro's personality, that trust looks more like fake rather than real. I don't think there is anyone he trusts completely, or considers as a friend.

So, if Oro obtains the Sharingan, and if upgrading normal Sharingan to MS is possible for Uchihas using the way Kakashi found, I am sure Oro will be able to find that way or achieve MS using a similar method. As a non-Uchiha originally, he might be able to think of ways an Uchiha might have difficulty in or show ignorance towards seeing or finding.

Considering what Kakashi has achieved with a non-Uchiha body and a single Sharingan, two Sharingans in addition to the Uchiha blood in the hands of Oro seems to promise better results (such as the answer to how many different versions of MS Oro can be able to achieve with Sharingan).

Anyway, these all depend on whether Oro is the winner of the latest Uchiha confrontation or not.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 07:24   Link #382
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Anyway, these all depend on whether Oro is the winner of the latest Uchiha confrontation or not.
I'm pulling for him winning personally.

It just seems lame for Sasuke to beat him so easily and then shrug off the victory.

Considering all the hype that has surrounded Oro's jutsu and the fact that they gave us new insight into how it works I think it is a guarantee that he succeeded, perhaps to a lesser capacity though.

One thing is for sure, if Oro won Sasuke is NOT gone forever. He is too integral to the storyline.

Oro could be killed off but I do not think Kishi would do it in this fashion, he has been a major part of the current evolving plot.

I'm intererested in seeing what sort of traits Oro possesses if he wins. Does he have access to Sasuke's memory? Including what he knows about Itachi's childhood, Mangekyo Sharingan and the "true purpose" of Sharingan detailed at the secret Uchiha meeting place?

Does Sasuke have access to any of Oro's memory while lying dormant in the alternate dimension of his mind?

What will become of that curse seal that is on Sasuke's neck?

Oro displayed some freaky regeneration powers against Naruto that may have come from his last host's bloodline or unique abilities. With Sasuke's body and by extention all of his jutsu, element affinity and strength and Oro's own jutsu it would be very interesting to see what the new Orochimaru is capable of.

The idea of Sharingan snake eyes creeps me out.
Old 2007-03-12, 10:26   Link #383
MobiuS

3 slit sharingan? :P
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 10:43   Link #384
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
I'm pulling for him winning personally.

It just seems lame for Sasuke to beat him so easily and then shrug off the victory.

Considering all the hype that has surrounded Oro's jutsu and the fact that they gave us new insight into how it works I think it is a guarantee that he succeeded, perhaps to a lesser capacity though.

One thing is for sure, if Oro won Sasuke is NOT gone forever. He is too integral to the storyline.

Oro could be killed off but I do not think Kishi would do it in this fashion, he has been a major part of the current evolving plot.

I'm intererested in seeing what sort of traits Oro possesses if he wins. Does he have access to Sasuke's memory? Including what he knows about Itachi's childhood, Mangekyo Sharingan and the "true purpose" of Sharingan detailed at the secret Uchiha meeting place?

Does Sasuke have access to any of Oro's memory while lying dormant in the alternate dimension of his mind?

What will become of that curse seal that is on Sasuke's neck?

Oro displayed some freaky regeneration powers against Naruto that may have come from his last host's bloodline or unique abilities. With Sasuke's body and by extention all of his jutsu, element affinity and strength and Oro's own jutsu it would be very interesting to see what the new Orochimaru is capable of.

The idea of Sharingan snake eyes creeps me out.
you are talking as if it is confirmed 100% that orochimaru is in that body , we don't know , we have to wait : we didnt' see what happenned and we saw that the ritual is over so most people antisipated that orochimaru took over sasuke's body. Also sasuke is far too smart , i think and i might be wrong he would never had attacked orochimaru unless he knows that he has something that can kill him. Itachi said to Orochimaru against those eyes you will never win, what if sasuke activated the mangekyou sharingan during the ritual ?? a lot of possible things
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 10:55   Link #385
Rurik
Golden

What I would want to know is that, if is indeed Orochimaru, Why he doesn’t need the Bandages, he used when he Got the last Body.
Old 2007-03-12, 11:01   Link #386
rman0099
On my nut

I believe that Oro has won and taken over Sasuke's body. But as Shuriken_Jay said, he isn't gone forever. Look at page 7 of the manga. We see faes of other bodies still stored within Oro. Sasuke's consious will most likely still remain within Oro for someone to rip out. I'm guessing Oro stores others consious's to access them for THEIR jutsu. It'll end up being more like a BDZ Buu situation but of the mind. Naruto or Kakashi will end up in Oro's mind and rescue Sasuke and bring him to the front. Sasuke will then have all the knowledge that Oro had. My guess is that Kakashi will have to use his Sharingan to access the Oro/Sasuke mind to save him and end up sacrificing himself in the process.

But Kishi has definately set something along these lines up given page 7. In the second panel you can clearly see the woman's body he had during the chuunin exams and the third must be his body during Sasuke's transition.

I just don't like the "Oro's body falls apart after 3 yrs" thing. It was never stated that he HAD to change after 3 years. That was just the minimum time he had to wait after transferring. Who know's how long he was in the previous one and only left that one due to the seal on his arms (if i'm not mistaken, I may not remember things properly since its been awhile). If there really is a 3 or 4 year viability limit, then way is the point of having an Uchiha body when it won't last!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 11:20   Link #387
Miles54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
I believe that Oro has won and taken over Sasuke's body. But as Shuriken_Jay said, he isn't gone forever. Look at page 7 of the manga. We see faes of other bodies still stored within Oro. Sasuke's consious will most likely still remain within Oro for someone to rip out. I'm guessing Oro stores others consious's to access them for THEIR jutsu. It'll end up being more like a BDZ Buu situation but of the mind. Naruto or Kakashi will end up in Oro's mind and rescue Sasuke and bring him to the front. Sasuke will then have all the knowledge that Oro had. My guess is that Kakashi will have to use his Sharingan to access the Oro/Sasuke mind to save him and end up sacrificing himself in the process.

But Kishi has definately set something along these lines up given page 7. In the second panel you can clearly see the woman's body he had during the chuunin exams and the third must be his body during Sasuke's transition.

I just don't like the "Oro's body falls apart after 3 yrs" thing. It was never stated that he HAD to change after 3 years. That was just the minimum time he had to wait after transferring. Who know's how long he was in the previous one and only left that one due to the seal on his arms (if i'm not mistaken, I may not remember things properly since its been awhile). If there really is a 3 or 4 year viability limit, then way is the point of having an Uchiha body when it won't last!
even if the body doesn't last he will have the sharingan so it doesnt matter
Miles54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 13:35   Link #388
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
What I would want to know is that, if is indeed Orochimaru, Why he doesn’t need the Bandages, he used when he Got the last Body.
The last body was a random guy, he didn't have the CS2 which is most likely a way to prepare the body for posession. Also the body didn't last much time, it barely lasted 3 years.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 13:37   Link #389
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The last body was a random guy, he didn't have the CS2 which is most likely a way to prepare the body for posession. Also the body didn't last much time, it barely lasted 3 years.
Thats why Im asking, why is the reason he doenst have the Bandages, could be the CS2 (or CS1)?, could it be a weak body? could it be that Oro did not succeed?
Old 2007-03-12, 13:49   Link #390
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Thats why Im asking, why is the reason he doenst have the Bandages, could be the CS2 (or CS1)?, could it be a weak body? could it be that Oro did not succeed?
I see
Well first it appeared as Oro's jutsu is mostly of a parasitic nature. But it's not true, it's more complex, involving some kind of genjutsu, a whole world in Oro which kind of eats the soul of the host body. Which is indeed it's weakness from the sharingan perspective, as we know that sharingan masters are themselves genjutsu gods.
However Orochimaru should have known from his first attempt on Itachi that he is weak against those eyes, so i think that he has thought of a plan. It's the only logical way, as a smart ninja like Oro shouldn't fall two times for the same jutsu. Which means Orochimaru is probably alive, if the manga did not made him suddenly dumb. However Oro didn't expect for Sasuke to be so strong on his own, remember Sasuke used a jutsu unknown to Oro, it may be Oro miscalculated with Sasuke's genjutsu power too.

This last chapter was cool because this way it may be that both Sasuke and Oro still live, i mean both souls are in one body. My tip is that Sasuke will destroy Oro's soul when Oro is about to kill Naruto, that way Sasuke saves Naruto and Naruto saves Sasuke by waking up Sasuke's sleeping soul. That way Naruto loses the battle but wins the war to save Sasuke. And in the same time Sasuke redeems himself by saving Naruto in a possibly suicidal way (and of course that where Sakura's medical jutsu can shine again).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 13:50   Link #391
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
Naruto or Kakashi will end up in Oro's mind and rescue Sasuke and bring him to the front. Sasuke will then have all the knowledge that Oro had. My guess is that Kakashi will have to use his Sharingan to access the Oro/Sasuke mind to save him and end up sacrificing himself in the process.
Invading Oro's mind and then having ability to overpower him is something I would think that currently only Itachi has the ability to do and Sasuke has the potential to do. But then again, Kakashi is full of surprises post-timeskip (MS, Rasengan, double Rakiri) so it's not out of the question. Still, if Oro has taken over the Sasuke's body I think Sasuke will be made to eventually overpower Oro by himself, just to show the strength of his will.

Quote:
I agree. Maybe the length varies from body to body depending on the strength of the vessel. However anyway you look at it, Oro is still limited to how long he can stay in any body. That means in a best case scenario (a normal lifespan) he could get maybe 40 years of use before the body would no longer be able to perform at its peak, then he'd need to switch again. The question is whether or not Oro somehow has the ability to carry the bloodlines he gains from body to body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi
we didnt' see what happenned and we saw that the ritual is over so most people antisipated that orochimaru took over sasuke's body. Also sasuke is far too smart , i think and i might be wrong he would never had attacked orochimaru unless he knows that he has something that can kill him. Itachi said to Orochimaru against those eyes you will never win, what if sasuke activated the mangekyou sharingan during the ritual ?? a lot of possible things
It's true it hasn't been confirmed whether or not Oro has taken over Sasuke's body. But we did see Sasuke's genjutsu appearing to fail and Oro's snakes almost completely submerging Sasuke. And face it, regardless of his intelligence, Sasuke severely underestimated Oro's abilities. I doubt he was prepared for having to fight with Oro inside his own mind. As for using MS to escape, I don't think he used it. If and when Sasuke uses MS for the first time, it won't be shown through a flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
I guess the same reason he doesn't have the snake eyes, it would be too obvious. Either that, or Oro didn't succeed even though storywise, I don't see much of a point of bringing up the possibility it didn't happen
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 15:34   Link #392
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

It's obvious that Oro's soul did get transferred over. However, I believe Sasuke's sharingan has suppressed Oro at the moment.

So that way Kishimoto pleases all the Oro-fan girls (and boys) by having oro still living on!
Old 2007-03-14, 12:28   Link #393
reloaded
skywalker

Well from the manga page that was being discussed earlier in this topic Sasuke seemed to have a dissapointed look on his face, this could have been because he had to resort to Itachi's ways by attaining MS in the same manner which he didnt seem to like thus he spared Naruto. I doubt Oro would have succeeded in taking over sasukes body it doesnt seem likely.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 17:58   Link #394
caitlinrockss

sasuke kills oro. and kabuto takes some of oro's blood or something to that matter
after he sees sasuke has killed oro. sasuke found some people and organized
a group to track down itachi and kill him. they are called heru or he something.
srry for the spoil.
caitlinrockss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 21:18   Link #395
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Finally! If anyone becomes orochimaru it is Kabuto. The questions of who is keeping who's memories should be directed at Kabuto/Orochimaru since it was mentioned somewhere (either by Yamato or Kabuto himself) that Oro WILL inevitabley consume him, and that he will take revenge on Sasuke. He wouldn't take revenge on Sasuke if Oro was already inside of em, that would be contradictory and would be like getting revenge on your lord or master.
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 00:40   Link #396
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

................ wtf
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote