AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-28, 16:34   Link #141
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MTT]Kamikaze View Post
I'd like to know who does the voice for Grimoire and Ponera in Soul Eater: Monotone Princess. I can't find the information on most sites. I'm guesing that Grimoire is voiced by Sho Hayami, but it's only a guess.
Ponera - Ishidzuka Sayori
Grimoire - Kirii Daisuke
Old 2008-11-05, 10:30   Link #142
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

This just came to my mind -- Are all weapons named 'demon weapon' or just those who eats human souls?
Old 2008-11-05, 14:17   Link #143
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
This just came to my mind -- Are all weapons named 'demon weapon' or just those who eats human souls?
They are all listed as Demon Weapons If I am not mistaken.
Old 2008-11-06, 21:20   Link #144
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

What color are Black Star's eyes? For some reason I cannot find a good picture where his eye color is visible.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:26   Link #145
Katocchi
Your Order ?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Katocchi
^ Maybe ... Uhmmm ... I think is Black ...
and give comment ^^

Old 2008-11-13, 20:57   Link #146
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Has the question of Crona's gender been answered?
In the fansubs I watched Medusa said Crona was her daughter but someone else told me in the subs they saw, they never clearly state Crona's gender EVER.
Can someone clear this up for me!?
THANX!
Old 2008-11-13, 20:58   Link #147
Hisago

No. Any fansubs or translations pinning a gender on Chrona are incorrect. Officially, Chrona's gender is simply 'unknown.' It has never been stated explicitly anywhere.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:41   Link #148
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
What color are Black Star's eyes? For some reason I cannot find a good picture where his eye color is visible.
which reminds me....Black*Star's eyes colour is green.
Old 2008-11-19, 19:37   Link #149
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Is this show popular in Japan?
How is it doing, ratings-wise?
Old 2008-11-19, 20:13   Link #150
Hisago

Are we ever told when exactly Soul Eater takes place? It seems fairly modern...
Old 2008-11-19, 20:29   Link #151
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
Are we ever told when exactly Soul Eater takes place? It seems fairly modern...
Well, obviously it takes place in a fairly modern fantasy-ish version of our world. However, I would hesitate to link it to any actual year or history. I mean, look at the sun. People turn into weapons, witches exist, and gods take an active role in history. Linking it to a place in real history would be almost nonsensical. They use a phonograph to play records at a party, while Justin uses those tiny kind of headphones...
Old 2008-11-20, 18:14   Link #152
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Considering it's set in Nevada, and there are no Native America,s slaves or pilgrims, it's pretty fair to say it's set in modern day. Just a fantasy version of modern day.
Old 2008-11-24, 07:38   Link #153
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
I decide to start watching this series, so I wanna know: Is it something like Bleach or Death Note? Can I expect a dark feel from this anime?

Last edited by Kelrys; 2008-11-24 at 07:56.
Old 2008-11-24, 15:42   Link #154
Hisago

It's more comparable to Bleach than Death Note, since it has a good balance of light and dark moments. I'd say its dark moments do get a tad darker and freakier than those in Bleach though...
Old 2008-11-24, 19:17   Link #155
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

It's darker than Bleach but it has a whimsical art style and comedic style akin to something like one Piece. It's like OP if Tim Burton directed it basically.
Old 2008-11-30, 02:21   Link #156
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I'm starting to wonder. If the manga is monthly, but the anime is weekly. That would mean that the anime will eventually catch up to the manga's story. It seems like one manga chapter equals to about one anime episode, but that creates a problem with time. In one month the anime gets four episodes, on average out, but the manga only gets one out. I wonder what they plan to do to prevent that? Filler arc to give the manga some lead way?
Unlike FMA, Soul Eater follows the manga almost to the letter. It does shave some of the fan service though. (i.e. Sid's pantie flash interrogation, all of Maka's pantie shots, some Blair scenes, and Mizune's breasts.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
It's darker than Bleach but it has a whimsical art style and comedic style akin to something like one Piece. It's like OP if Tim Burton directed it basically.
The whole mood anf feel of this series always made me think, "If Tim Burton made an anime. This is probably what it would look like.". It's touches like the sun and moon that give me that feel. Also characters like Sid, Stein, and Shinigami-sama.
Hell, Dean Koontz has a manga out. That was surprising when I saw it at the book store. I thought someone put one of his books in the wrong section.
Old 2008-11-30, 02:40   Link #157
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I'm starting to wonder. If the manga is monthly, but the anime is weekly. That would mean that the anime will eventually catch up to the manga's story. It seems like one manga chapter equals to about one anime episode, but that creates a problem with time. In one month the anime gets four episodes, on average out, but the manga only gets one out. I wonder what they plan to do to prevent that? Filler arc to give the manga some lead way?
Unlike FMA, Soul Eater follows the manga almost to the letter.
Unlike most series with filler, this is not meant to go on indefinitely. It's got a 52 (51? something like that) episode run and then that's it. Some other show will take its slot. So there's very little motivation to pad things out. At this rate, it'll basically end at where the manga is now. They'll either end it on a cliffhanger and maybe start it up again in a few years or they'll just make up an ending. Considering that they've recently been squashing things rather than drawing them out (it's often closer to 1.5 chapters per episode), I'd say that they intend to make up an ending and are trying to leave themselves enough room to create one that wouldn't be so sudden.
Old 2008-11-30, 03:09   Link #158
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Unlike most series with filler, this is not meant to go on indefinitely. It's got a 52 (51? something like that) episode run and then that's it. Some other show will take its slot. So there's very little motivation to pad things out. At this rate, it'll basically end at where the manga is now. They'll either end it on a cliffhanger and maybe start it up again in a few years or they'll just make up an ending. Considering that they've recently been squashing things rather than drawing them out (it's often closer to 1.5 chapters per episode), I'd say that they intend to make up an ending and are trying to leave themselves enough room to create one that wouldn't be so sudden.
I'm not so sure they will just end it like that after 51 episodes. In chapter 55 they just reached Arachna.
I think if they would just make up another end they would of started that sooner. To date it's followed the manga spot on, despite a few fan service changes I mentioned above.
The anime has had a few filler episodes. Mostly Excalibur stuff.

I think you'd tick a lot of people off if you just did cliffhanger end. Would of been better to hold off airing the anime until the manga was further ahead.

Recently, chapter 55 was released last week translated, and episode 34 was released very recently. Episode 35 is out tomorrow. That means that on average the anime will catch up within 20 weeks. It's literally almost moving 4 times faster then the manga.
Old 2008-11-30, 04:49   Link #159
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Recently, chapter 55 was released last week translated, and episode 34 was released very recently. Episode 35 is out tomorrow. That means that on average the anime will catch up within 20 weeks. It's literally almost moving 4 times faster then the manga.
I think there's fewer than 20 weeks left of the anime.

Currently, I'm expecting the anime to remain (mostly) true to the manga up to the current manga arc. From there, they can adapt or totally change the arc to suit whatever ending they are planning. But I do not understand how they could wrap up all of the major baddies in the eps left though, so my guess is they might pull an original movie/OVA later to finish off whoever is left standing, if profit/interest permits.

Although, IMO, the current manga arc is terribly interesting in how an amazingly good-sized chunk of the cast is in the same place at the same time. A lot of Shibusen's problems could be cleaned up here as there's only one major baddie unaccounted for. It gives me hope that perhaps the series can end somewhat faithful to the manga, if unfinished story-wise.
Old 2008-11-30, 06:17   Link #160
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
The manga is released monthly? One chapter per month? Hell that's slow...
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a