AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-24, 10:15   Link #1
Kijuto

Shows similar to (SnS, ZnS, Tora)...

My favorite show of all time, and of the first shows that really got me into anime was Shakugan. For some reason I loved Kugumiya as a voice actor, and don't quite know why nobody else does. After I finished that, I looked into other similar shows and found Zero no Tsukaima of course. Now, recently I have watched through Toradora and currently Index.

They all seem to just get that original feeling from each other, be it the voice acting or animation being similar. Are there any shows that you would recommend be it because of her voice acting (+ any other meritable one) or a similar plot line that these followed? Was looking into Hayate.

Edit: Watched FMA in Japanese and English and unfortunately liked the English more for some reason. Is the new season just a remake or new material though?

Last edited by Kijuto; 2009-03-24 at 11:06.
Old 2009-03-24, 10:51   Link #2
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Arguably Kugimiya Rie is most famous for being the voice of Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist. It's really nothing like any of the other series you mentioned but is still quite fantastic. If you haven't watched it yet I would make it a priority. Fortunately, we have a whole new series of FMA starting next month, and she is reprising her role in it.
Old 2009-03-24, 11:43   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I don't really have anything to recommend you, but Kugimiya has lots of fans lol, I mean really alot, plus they're sometimes quite rabid
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-24, 12:19   Link #4
Echoes

Yeah, I really don't know where you've gotten the idea that you are the lone champion of Kugimiya Rie out there, I've found her to have a huge following.

I suppose you could look into Rental Magica. It's a fantasy-action series, with Kugimiya in the main cast, though not in the lead.

You mentioned you were looking into Hayate no Gotoku, which is really hit or miss, you either get it, or you don't for the most part. With 52 episodes, an OVA and an upcoming second season you'd have your Rie-fix for a long time if you did end up liking it, though.
Old 2009-03-24, 12:36   Link #5
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijuto View Post
Edit: Watched FMA in Japanese and English and unfortunately liked the English more for some reason. Is the new season just a remake or new material though?
The new series is supposed to follow the manga storyline far more closely, whereas the previous series was only loosely based on it.
Old 2009-03-24, 14:28   Link #6
holyalexander
holy alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
The new series is supposed to follow the manga storyline far more closely, whereas the previous series was only loosely based on it.
that's good to hear...
Old 2009-03-24, 19:23   Link #7
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Yea, there are alot of kugimiya fans out there... even some extreme ones.
Yea, you should look into Hayate; I liked it as I watched it, but never really felt the urge to watch it, if you know what I mean.
You can also try Mnemosyne, but that might be too much, as it has alot of blood, gore, violence, nudity, etc etc.
You might like Rosario+Vampire, though I didn't like it.

You should just check her wikipedia page because there are quite a few. It lists almost all major and minor rolls she had.
Old 2009-03-25, 18:13   Link #8
Kijuto

Thanks for those, probably starting Hayate now. Lets hope I can make it last unlike Index, which I burned through in 2 days...
Old 2010-01-25, 23:47   Link #9
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

eh.. this stuff matters alot do they?..
Old 2010-01-26, 00:18   Link #10
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well, check the list of roles for more Kugumiya that was linked up thread.

For more anime with a similar feel... well I think you got the closest variations. If you step out one ring further to shows that have similarities but have some important differences you can try:

Full Metal Panic
Ranma 1/2
Inuyasha
Chrono Crusade
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Chrome Shelled Regios
(I think you'd really enjoy Felli Loss).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-01-27, 04:25   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

First role of hers I noticed was Kagura from Gintama, it's mainly comedy but has quite a number of serious action arcs.
Quote:
Is the new season just a remake or new material though?
It branches off to an entirely different storyline after a certain point, it's worth checking out.
Closed Thread