Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 09:32   Link #781
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Discussion not started with only VN adaptions... But even if you talk about only them if you want to prove anything you cant make just subjective list. You need to either make list wirth all of VN adaptations or use one of statistic tools (check sample etc)
1. It didn't start with them but someone frown the phrase that "at least not ion VN adaptations".
2. The list includes most non-otome and non-hentai VN adaptations. You could just check AniDB and see yourself
3. I can't judge about animes I didn't see so of cause I exclude them. Someone else could add them to the list so we could saw more proper statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai
you cant count normal sister/brother relationship as osananajimi
1. We are not talking about normal relationships. The are talking about romance.
2. I said "could count" not "should" or "must"
3. For me sister is equal to osananajimi cause the case in relationships are the same. Protag and her know each other since childhood or for a long time which affect the relationship
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:33   Link #782
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We'll see if they would still continue with that letter, but it feels to me like they're just getting it out of the way, kinda like the whole Isara bullying scenes.

Still, I've been burned before...Twice... With half of the series left to go, I'm not ready to call anything definitive yet.
Without giving anything, everything will probably be used and maybe it will make sense later. The anime is combining things from every route so far to make a super route (like relentlessflame mentioned).
So that's why i am not counting Mifuyu out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
。1. We are not talking about normal relationships. The are talking about romance. 。2. I said "could count" not "should" or "must"。3. For me sister is equal to osananajimi cause the case in relationships are the same. Protag and her know each other since childhood or for a long time which affect the relationship
While some of their traits are similar, i don't treat sisters and childhood friends as the same archetype. In some VN's or eroge, you have both a sister (eiter a younger or older one) and a childhood friend in the story. (small example: Hareten, Hoshimemo and the recent Lovely Quest)
They don't have the same pupose for the story. The sister is more used to create an awkward/taboo relationship, while the childhood friend is more a natural type of relationship
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:38   Link #783
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Without giving anything, everything will probably be used and maybe it will make sense later. The anime is combining things from every route so far to make a super route (like relentlessflame mentioned).
So that's why i am not counting Mifuyu out yet.
I swear, this is going to be my last VN-eroge adaptation My weak heart can't take anymore of this
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:44   Link #784
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
While some of their traits are similar, i don't treat sisters and childhood friends as the same archetype. In some VN's or eroge, you have both a sister (eiter a younger or older one) and a childhood friend in the story. (small example: Hareten, Hoshimemo and the recent Lovely Quest)
They don't have the same pupose for the story. Thje sister is more used to create an awkward/taboo relation, while the childhood friend is more a natural type of relationship
1. There are enough VN's there you have couple of osananajimis actually and what?
2. Yes you are right abiout purpose of adding a sister heroine. Bun, unfortunatly, there are a lot of cases there this fact don't mean much. The just got typical "they are not blood-related" event and all the drama ends(there even could be none of it). For example Hinata's route in Wind VN or Koharu's route in Hinatabokko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I swear, this is going to be my last VN-eroge adaptation My weak heart can't take anymore of this
I promised this to myself couple of times already. But still watching them

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-26 at 19:16. Reason: merge double-posts again
Old 2012-08-26, 09:57   Link #785
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
1. There are enough VN's there you have couple of osananajimis actually and what?
2. Yes you are right abiout purpose of adding a sister heroine. Bun, unfortunatly, there are a lot of cases there this fact don't mean much. The just got typical "they are not blood-related" event and all the drama ends(there even could be none of it). For example Hinata's route in Wind VN or Koharu's route in Hinatabokko.
I was explaining why i think that there is a difference between the osananajima and the imouto/oneessan archetypes in eroge/VN's in general.
Both are however similar as in they are already close to the protagonist with less need of a romantic development than the regular classmate, senpai and kouhai.

1. I have no ide what you are implying with that question.
2. While i haven't seen the anime adaptations nor read the 2 (older) titles , but i have read many games that that the (non)blood-relationship issue is causing atleast some drama and in some games it's even the main focus of the story.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:02   Link #786
Dorsai

Ok i watched episode 7 and what we saw in begining is more clear now... For me its obviously that he want to be with Chisato, but he is afraid to make next step... Thats why he dont want to touch her... What important now its why he is afraid... They are few possible solutions-

-afraid to lost bond he have with her till now (like always in relationship with childhood friends);
- Chisato younger brother and chocolate case...

Anyway we will know answer soon...

Nachtwandler for you osananajima and imouto/oneessan are same, but for most people there are two different archetypes... Anyway since there are some differences thats why they are two different archetypes...
Old 2012-08-26, 10:04   Link #787
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
1. I have no ide what you are implying with that question.
2. While i haven't seen the anime adaptations nor read the 2 (older) titles , but i have read many games that that the (non)blood-relationship issue is causing atleast some drama and in some games it's even the main focus of the story.
1. It was on you comment "it's common to have both sister and osananajimi in story"
2. Yeah there are enough cases than it plays large or at least descent role but there are enough than not. Sister heroine not always mean "incest drama" unfortunaty sio sometimes they are just the same as osananajimi
Old 2012-08-26, 10:13   Link #788
Dorsai

Nachtwandler because its only VN, fictional stories for boys- brother/sister relationship can evolve into love... But in begining of story usually bond and relations between them is different then bond and relations with osananajimi.

Anyway we should focus more on relations between characters in this anime then how it usually end in other ones...
Old 2012-08-26, 10:17   Link #789
Shadow5YA

Quote:
OK. Someone here said that osananajimi never won in VN adaptations. Here's some list. But one note. For me personally sisters(blood-related or not) are the same as osananajimis so you could count them too

I didn't count onece I didn't watched, otome and once without main romance.

Legend:

Osananajimi won
Sister won
Osananajimi won in one of the arcs or you could count winner as one or there are some issues
No osananajimis in the story
Noone won/open ending/there's additional ending for osananajimi but still
Osananajimi lost

Spoiler for Title list:
I was thinking of more than VN adaptations, like manga, anime, light novels, etc included.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:22   Link #790
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

My list currently is about 680 anime titles. It's not a problem to make chart for all romances there but it would take some time. Or we could all make one just of curiosity.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:24   Link #791
Xaturas

Quote:
My list currently is about 680 anime titles. It's not a problem to make chart for all romances there but it would take some time. Or we could all make one just of curiosity.
Not worth the effort to prove a point that we all already know about on internet forum.
Old 2012-08-26, 10:38   Link #792
Dorsai

Nachtwandler i check some of titles on your list and you need to remember about one thing:

there is difference between childhood friend/osananajimi who live with MC or close to him all her life and between them who met only in childhood and separate for 5,10 and more years... Bond between them is different... If girl spend her life separately and they grown up apart then she is childhood friend only in name. In reality she isnt any different from others girls who try to seduce MC... Yes girls like this wins often, only childhood friend who live with MC all her life rarely wins...
Old 2012-08-26, 13:59   Link #793
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

hey wait a minute i just remember an anime in which the childhood friend is in the lead of a harem: IFINITE STRATOS! YAY! lol ;p
Old 2012-08-26, 14:03   Link #794
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
hey wait a minute i just remember an anime in which the childhood friend is in the lead of a harem: IFINITE STRATOS! YAY! lol ;p
Now you just killed the atmosphere @_@.
Sooner girls will use bricks as dildos, than Ichika will get close to any girl.
Old 2012-08-26, 14:30   Link #795
Dorsai

First- there are two childhood friends in IS, second- they both was separated from him for few years and grow up apart, third- Ichika actually made some progress with Houki and even take initiative trying to kiss her... That was really suprising, because dumb guys like him make progress like this usually close to end of anime/LN, but thats just first season... And its big sing of his real feelings...

But thats not discussion for this thread...
Old 2012-08-26, 14:48   Link #796
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@xaturas your just a buzzkill lol ;p

but anyways i'd thought id just throw that in there lol
Old 2012-08-26, 19:34   Link #797
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Basically, the rule for Visual Novel adaptations is that the character most central to the plot premise (and thus closest to the protagonist) will tend to be the final romantic partner, unless the show wants to make heartbreak a central element of the story (in which case a secondary character will usurp the first as closest to the protagonist, resulting in heartbreak both for that character and for the viewers that were cheering for her romance).

In this case, it was pretty telling to me that they chose a scriptwriter who is most famous for writing for writing romantic stories with lots of dramatic elements (ef, KgNE, the "famous" episodes of Shuffle, etc.). So, based on this and on what we've seen so far in the anime, my prediction is that the anime will go for a dramatic finale. I suspect that will include heartbreak as a central element. But, of course, as we already see, there are already a bunch of different angles they could play on, even if they do want to include this element. We'll see what they do...
Old 2012-08-26, 21:20   Link #798
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Drunk on campus I wonder how Hazuki still have a job

Sigh it would be nice to see the Yaoi ending
Old 2012-08-26, 21:49   Link #799
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Basically, the rule for Visual Novel adaptations is that the character most central to the plot premise (and thus closest to the protagonist) will tend to be the final romantic partner, unless the show wants to make heartbreak a central element of the story (in which case a secondary character will usurp the first as closest to the protagonist, resulting in heartbreak both for that character and for the viewers that were cheering for her romance).

In this case, it was pretty telling to me that they chose a scriptwriter who is most famous for writing for writing romantic stories with lots of dramatic elements (ef, KgNE, the "famous" episodes of Shuffle, etc.). So, based on this and on what we've seen so far in the anime, my prediction is that the anime will go for a dramatic finale. I suspect that will include heartbreak as a central element. But, of course, as we already see, there are already a bunch of different angles they could play on, even if they do want to include this element. We'll see what they do...
Spoiler:

I think what's ironic is that while the focus on the election keeps its core focus pretty well intact, it also weakens the strength of the other elements oddly enough.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:10   Link #800
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Comparison to the game story structure, no future spoilers:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen