Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-10-27, 11:39   Link #1661
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Machine Robo Rescue.
People are calling him "KRr Spartan", "KR Halo", "KR Master Chief", or "KR Metal Hero".
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 11:48   Link #1662
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The steering sword is so silly

Dimension cab's power is really cool, but it doesn't seem very practical for combat.
Old 2014-10-27, 12:38   Link #1663
Galaxian

I love how committed Drive was with its joke in this episode. Specially Dream Vegas sulking in the rain and Shinnosuke walking up behind him with and umbrella, so glorious
Old 2014-10-28, 00:06   Link #1664
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think that was supposed to be a joke. O_o
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 13:48   Link #1665
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I was legitimately unsure of how to take that scene. I mean we have this colorful beeping car that's apparently been dedicated to finding the Roidmude who hurt his partner, which has apparently been effecting his performance and attitude, and then Shinnosuke has a moment with him in the rain .

I get that the Shift Cars seem to have personalities and intelligence, but maybe it would help if they had VA's and could talk? Though I imagine that could possibly lead to some more complaints about them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The steering sword is so silly

Dimension cab's power is really cool, but it doesn't seem very practical for combat.
I actually liked the steering sword... and that little gag of Shinnosuke giving it it's name and Mr. Belt not liking it .

I get that it looks a little silly, but those scenes of Drive sliding and slicing with it were pretty cool in my opinion. As were his two fights with Machine Chaser .
Old 2014-10-28, 14:53   Link #1666
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Remember that it is primarily a kids show and we're just part of the peripheral audience. There's enough stuff in there to entertain us, but that doesn't mean they should forget about their main target audience altogether.

Kids have an easy time empathizing with toys. Maybe even easier than with adults.
Old 2014-10-28, 16:10   Link #1667
Galaxian

Quote:
The characters play it straight, but to me that's a joke. The umbrella in the rain is an old cliche and they recreated it in Drive where one of the participants is a sentient toy car, that's hilarious.
Old 2014-10-29, 01:50   Link #1668
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People may think it's funny but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a joke. For one, there's no punchline.
Old 2014-10-30, 12:13   Link #1669
Galaxian

To me is a joke, because they are parodying and old cliche with a toy car. The punchline is Shinnouske walking up to Vegas with an umbrella.
Old 2014-10-30, 13:37   Link #1670
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So are you saying Vegas's feelings aren't real?
Old 2014-10-30, 14:21   Link #1671
Galaxian

Quote:
So are you saying Vegas's feelings aren't real?

If they weren't real, then it wouldn't be a joke. The funny part is that the show plays the absurd situation it completely straight.
Old 2014-10-31, 02:42   Link #1672
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I hadn't looked at it from that angle.
Old 2014-10-31, 11:51   Link #1673
anime fan99

currently watching Kamen Rider Decade and Currently at episode 13 and I have a question about Yusuke is he get a Memory problem or is just simply stupid is like he Forget he is Kamen Rider Kuuga

Because of the time they left his world I think he became Kuuga once

Most of the episodes he is standing there does not offer help at all
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 14:26   Link #1674
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
currently watching Kamen Rider Decade and Currently at episode 13 and I have a question about Yusuke is he get a Memory problem or is just simply stupid is like he Forget he is Kamen Rider Kuuga

Because of the time they left his world I think he became Kuuga once

Most of the episodes he is standing there does not offer help at all
If that's the Agito arc, which I'm pretty sure it is, then it's probably because he's trying to become the G3 of that world in order to get closer to the woman who's exactly identical to the female detective whom he worked with in his own world. Granted, Kuuga would probably be more efficient for dealing with the Unknown than G3, but I guess you have to admire his dedication .
Old 2014-10-31, 17:46   Link #1675
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
If that's the Agito arc, which I'm pretty sure it is, then it's probably because he's trying to become the G3 of that world in order to get closer to the woman who's exactly identical to the female detective whom he worked with in his own world. Granted, Kuuga would probably be more efficient for dealing with the Unknown than G3, but I guess you have to admire his dedication .
The problem not becameing Kuuga he do that in all the arcs After the Kuuga arc Example in the Ryuki arc he did nothing to help with the Kamen Rider Trial Even when Abyss Kicked Knight, Decade Ryuki ass At the beginning of episode seven He did not think for himself maybe they need help no
Old 2014-10-31, 20:55   Link #1676
Galaxian

AFAIK, there was a disagreement between Decade's two main writers. One wanted him to be involve in the action and one wanted him to be comic relief. That's why he sometimes joins the battle and other... Well... World of Den-O...
Old 2014-11-01, 03:48   Link #1677
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The arc where he becomes G3-X is one of his better arcs though. Den-O arc... not so much.
Old 2014-11-01, 04:08   Link #1678
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm just gonna say this as a repeat watcher of decade and one of its fans.

That show was a mess of a clusterf@ck.

It just tried to do too many things at the same time. The problem also lay in that it was only planned to have 30ish episodes. The writing is a mess and fan theories made more sense than the actual end movie that should have tied everything up.

So yeah, don't expect good writing as opposed to acceptable
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 13:08   Link #1679
anime fan99

so Currently at episode 26 of Decade

I wonder what the order of watching the rest of the series and how it related with the movies
Old 2014-11-01, 22:06   Link #1680
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
so Currently at episode 26 of Decade

I wonder what the order of watching the rest of the series and how it related with the movies
The Decade summer movie (All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker) is set between Decade's episodes 28 and 29.

Decade's true ending (Movie War 2010) is set, more or less, between Kamen Rider W's episodes 16 and 17.

Decade was the 3rd KR series I watched and, to this day, is my favorite. There are a lot of missteps towards the end and there are a few loose ends, but it's surprisingly solid when you look at the entire series. Despite the reported rewrites, at lot of the original ideas were still present in the finale.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu