AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-01, 04:45   Link #2101
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Just give the title to Toki already =_=
Old 2012-11-01, 05:16   Link #2102
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

A yawning gap has developed between Kuro and Hisa's vote totals. Other voters are getting their own yawns and are staying away from this match. It's almost like they're willfully throwing Hisa under the bus in favor of Kuro and an all Achiga-hen Side-A Finals. Just past the 18 hour mark and she still has less than 40 hardcore supporters behind her.

She is going to need a miracle rush to catch up - except Miracle Rush is Achiga-hen Side-A's opening theme.

Spoiler for MIRACLE RUSH!:
Old 2012-11-01, 06:07   Link #2103
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Side-A wasn't even that good >_> Sometimes I wonder what's on the average Japanese otaku's mind...

Last edited by npal; 2012-11-01 at 06:34.
Old 2012-11-01, 06:21   Link #2104
RJ TAYLER

Someone call the mercy rule into play, I can't stay through two more innings of this slaughter.

Riku Harada may have only got into the 2003 final with 95 votes but her opponent was only 11 behind, that was as far as I can recall the previous low-water mark.

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-11-01 at 07:08.
Old 2012-11-01, 06:37   Link #2105
JW1

I have to say that, since Hisa is one of my favourite Saki characters, it's very disappointing that she has barely topped 40 votes with just two hours to go. She deserves better than that.
Old 2012-11-01, 06:45   Link #2106
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Thing is: we've already seen Toki vs Kuro... twice... at the mahjong table.
Toki vs Kuro part 3.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:35   Link #2107
Hachiko
The Akita

Sho Taniguchi is with us, he is down in Achiga City and the Girls' Academy, where they are enjoying themselves. Sho, what's going on over there?

Sho: High spirits and high hopes for an upset. The musical troupe Green Leaves is performing their smash hit "Yatta!" and everyone is dancing along to the music. It's a cloudy evening down in Nara but there is no rain, and that is a good thing. The hope here is that Kuro Matsumi, who is currently leading Hisa Takei in this contest, will pull off the "Upset of the Century" against Toki Onjouji but they are aware that if it doesn't happen, they shouldn't be surprised. To get this far, and to see the Dragon Lord finish this high is already a victory in and of itself. That's the scene down in Achiga, we'll send it back to you.

Just a reminder, folks, the General Election for the Saimoe Prime Minister, the Grand Final of this 2012 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament will take place at 1 a.m. JST on Saturday, November 3. Be sure to vote at ast2012.saimoe.me and follow our tracker at fc.jpn.org/ast2012. Coverage of the Victory Rally at the National Stadium in Tokyo will begin at about 8 p.m. Our international correspondent from Australia, RJ Tayler, will cover the final hour and a half for you here on 2channel World. This is the 2012 2channnel Anime Saimoe Tournament. Stick with us.

Spoiler for YATTA!:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-11-01 at 07:49.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:54   Link #2108
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
She is going to need a miracle rush to catch up - except Miracle Rush is Achiga-hen Side-A's opening theme.
Spoiler for MIRACLE RUSH!:
I really like this song, actually. Which is funny because I'm ambivalent towards every other -Saki- song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Side-A wasn't even that good >_> Sometimes I wonder what's on the average Japanese otaku's mind...
Well, it was better paced than the original. And it had Kirame. And better music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
I have to say that, since Hisa is one of my favourite Saki characters, it's very disappointing that she has barely topped 40 votes with just two hours to go. She deserves better than that.
Yeah I'm happy she got this far, but it's tragic to see her go like this. Looks like most people had just been voting for her because she's from -Saki- and not because they particularly like her. Not a happy revelation.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:24   Link #2109
AP24

Interesting fact is the ones who beat Nodoka in the past tournaments became the champions. I guess this means Toki will win this year.

If this is true then poor Nodoka, three times didn't get to become champion because someone else beat her and became the champion instead of her
Old 2012-11-01, 08:31   Link #2110
RJ TAYLER

Well thank you to all at 2channel world, I am broadcasting from a super-secret and very special location tonight. The official tally-room at SAIMOE 2012 HQ, my annual visit to the engine room that drives the tournament every year. Amid the banks of computers and operators are some scrutineers from the rival camps and from the Japanese electoral office to make sure everything is as per usual and votes tallied properly. Also with us today are representitives from the various media outlets, NHK, BBC and CNN as well as "Aya" and "Hatate" from the Genesokyo press association.

Over inside the Budokan tonight the fans have been entertained by some of Japan's best musicians including for one night only X-Japan and Godiego, playing a medley of Anime's greatest hits. A highlight for me has been the return of Yuki Nagato & Haruhi Suzumiya alonside ENOZ, proving that time improves performance. Speaking of which the drummers of all the bands tonight will gather as we close in on the announcement. As well we have a feature from last night's entertainment alongside me to receive the envelope containing the winner of tonight's contest Miss Azusa Nakano who will do the honours tonight.

An honour also has been received by the KHSMC a second special semifinalist's chair, the only such places that have two are the rebuilt Applefield Orphanage and the only residence in Japan that two are present the Hiiragi home and shrine. A chair has also been delivered to the Achiga Mahjong Club as well, so girls at the appointed time could you make your way there as we get your reactions win or lose.

Well Miss Azusa Nakano would you like to make a few remarks, "Well good luck girls It was wonderful to be back in competition this time round and I had a bit of time to enjoy it and catch up with my fellow finalist Nagi who bears no grudges. Not like last year, the tears were truly shed by all HTT members. Time awaits you in Toki too so you need some truest luck when you go against her."

Now we cross live to the arena, a mass traditional drumming starts to gather pace....

The results have been checked as ok. Azu-nyan take it away....

"The final place in SAIMOE 2012 will be taken by.......

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-11-01 at 08:47.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:53   Link #2111
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Yeah I'm happy she got this far, but it's tragic to see her go like this. Looks like most people had just been voting for her because she's from -Saki- and not because they particularly like her. Not a happy revelation.
That's why I'm starting to feel like it would of been better if they sacrificed Hisa for Peace or Shana earlier.

1位 257票 松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 126票 竹井久@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-11-01 at 09:05.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:05   Link #2112
Hachiko
The Akita

Welcome back, and we can tell you that it WILL BE Toki vs. Kuro for the Final.
Spoiler for SF 2 Result:

Sho! You're down in Achiga. How is it down there?

Sho: People here are chanting "We've got second place! We've got second place!" It seems that they are not expecting Kuro Matsumi to defeat Toki Onjouji, even though there are some who are clinging on to hope that this will indeed be the case. Listen, it has been a great campaign for Kuro, the Dragon Lord, but it seems that her road will end here at the final. Nonetheless, it's been a great run for Achiga Girls' Academy. And to see one of their aces make it to the final says a lot about the quality of moe here in Nara Prefecture. It's been a great ride. I'll be back on Saturday to report from the National Stadium in Kokuritsu, back to you, Hachi.

And we will resume coverage of the 2012 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament with the Final Showdown of the Vanguards (and this time it's for all the marbles) on Saturday, November 3, live from Tokyo and the National Stadium, where there will be a large crowd welcoming the champion. Will it be the Futuristic Player, Toki Onjouji? Or the Dragon Lord, Kuro Matsumi? Find out on Saturday on your home for coverage of the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament...2channel World!

Spoiler for Final Preview:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-11-01 at 09:16.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:17   Link #2113
Team Rocket Elite

As many expected, Hisa's run finally comes to an end at the hands of Matsumi Kuro. Kuro won by a lot more than I thought she would but I guess same series matches can end up one sided like this. I probably should have expected more from Kuro after Toki killed Nodoka in the previous match. Unlike with Toki's match, the vote totally in this match is pretty bad like Kuro's previous all Saki matches. It seems only Toki is able to draw in voters when only one series is involved in the match. Both finalists will not only be Saki characters but they will be characters that didn't appear in the original anime. Good luck to Kuro against Toki, she'll need it.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:22   Link #2114
Archaeon

Toki vs Kuro for the third time.

Talk about epicness.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:32   Link #2115
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guessing...
Toki. Like she'll lose at this point.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:35   Link #2116
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

*cue Miracle Rush one more time*

Images
before

Images
after

Surprisingly (or maybe not) this match was practically devoid of fakes. Hisa had an epic near-vertical rush, but it was short of the miracle she needed. In a merciless show of force, Kuro ruthlessly responded with an even more vertical rush of her own. Almost as if to drive home the message that it is these fresh faces who now own the faction's Miracle Rush™. This curbstomp by the Dragon Lord on a fellow faction member completes the ousting of Saki's old guard by the new blood.

Perhaps Kuro's performance here is also partly a display of power to project the image that she has what it takes to face against Team Saki's leader. Only time will tell if Kuro really has it in her, though. She'll definitely need everything she has against the absolute, unstoppable Toki.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:36   Link #2117
spencer7x7

At this point it's anybody's game, but I'm picking Kuro, I gotta have faith man.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:43   Link #2118
Hachiko
The Akita

Final Odds.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:55   Link #2119
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Come to think of it, the coming Final Match is also a proxy match of sorts between the moe talents of Kana Hanazawa and Yui Ogura - two seiyuu known and admired for their adorably soft and sweet voices.

By virtue of their contributions to the "field" of moe, both deserve at least one character as champion. As to who those characters should be, is another matter entirely.

Yui has a stronger character advantage this time, though; Evidently with Toki's consistently strong performance.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:19   Link #2120
Hachiko
The Akita

Classification...

3rd Place: Nodoka Haramura
4th Place: Hisa Takei

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament