AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 20
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 46 37.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 25 20.33%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.69%
6 out of 10 : Average... 1 0.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.81%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-17, 19:50   Link #61
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Maybe the reason why Kirito didn't use dual blades from the get go was because his pride is still hurt when he lost the fight with her sister using them? And since apparently ALO has no system assist, which might also affects his confidence in using them.

And then somehow Leafa starts to have double image of her onii-chan on Kirito because of that dual wield: one more bawwww flag.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:54   Link #62
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Even though he doesn't know, Kirito seems to instinctively treat her like a little sister. Poor girl.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 19:58   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Kirito did it again...!!! Awesome fight scene and new additions to his harem!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:07   Link #64
TinkyWinky
Derpy derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Even though he doesn't know, Kirito seems to instinctively treat her like a little sister. Poor girl.
She has the same reactions than his sister IRL, that's perfectly normal: tsun tsun I hide my feelings dere dere I love you. What a really poor character!
TinkyWinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:17   Link #65
HandofFate

Where did Kirito get all that money from?
I doubt it was just from killing one general.

Was it his SAO money? The items was garbled messed up data, but the currency stayed the same?

Anyway, this episode had me laughing the whole time. Especially when Kirito pulled the big bluff in the beginning about the alliance. Then when he burrowed Leafa's sword and started dual wielding. It doesn't come as a surprise, but it was great seeing that.

Then the Salamander's reaction after watching their general get killed. Instead of "oh no!" it was "AWESOME, GREAT FIGHT" lol, such a typical and realistic mmo player reaction.

The guy covering for Kirito was kind of weird though. Even if it was for sparing him earlier, its seems the 'trade' is off. Though, to me, it looks like the general KNEW the guy was covering for Kirito, from his look right after he said it.

But he needed an excuse to call off the attack to save face in front of his army, and the actual Salamander leader when he asked why he called off the attack.

Also found it funny when the Cait Sith and Sylerin Leader wanted to get Kirito into their army. Good stuff.

The last scene I was pretty tense with Asuna, I expected the douche to appear behind and go "just kidding" and throw her back into the cage. Couldn't believe she actually escaped. You go girl.
Old 2012-11-17, 20:23   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Just another mystery left unexplained in SAO.....

*looks at Yui-chan....
Old 2012-11-17, 20:24   Link #67
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think it's because of the currency from SAO being somehow compatible with ALO. Since Asuna and him are "married" (share everything), his fortune must be huge.
Old 2012-11-17, 20:27   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
I think is because the currency from SAO is compatible with ALO in some way. Since Asuna and him are "married" (share everything), his fortune must be huge.
Now Kirito, just gave he's and Asuna's conjugal property without her consent....
Old 2012-11-17, 20:37   Link #69
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Like his skills, I imagine the currency is stored as a single numerical value, while all the corrupted items refer to data that doesn't exist in ALO..

If the currency from SAO was inflated compared to the currency in ALO, then well.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:45   Link #70
Vsin
Aldracity

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-17 at 22:25. Reason: Added spoiler tag and removed future hint
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:05   Link #71
HandofFate

I'm fine with Kirito abusing his sword status and making it his MO, i guess they have to find a reason to still have Sword in the title.

Also, with his history that his family is actually a line of kendoist and he has a background in it is good enough to explain any 'divine sword skill' he may have inherited in his genes.

At least we get to see him throw out some magic attacks here and there to remain us of the games's unique system. The blackout illusion or other magic he used was smart and pretty.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:26   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
but basically he has "real" training in 1h.
Training would assume he manages to make his brain "respond" faster which is a dubious notion when you have everything on neuronal response in this given situation.
You can't train that kind of stuff, but your body can be more sensitive and more responsive to the moves you want to perform, which is absolutely not what you do in a VRMMORPG.

As for your second point, it is then definitely a huge missing point from the anime. It doesn't look like he is trying any sword skill there.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:34   Link #73
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
I think it's because of the currency from SAO being somehow compatible with ALO. Since Asuna and him are "married" (share everything), his fortune must be huge.
Spoiler for contains spoilers for end of previous arc (no future content):
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:37   Link #74
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Wouldn't he have gotten some money from defeating Eugene too?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:55   Link #75
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Wouldn't he have gotten some money from defeating Eugene too?
Not at the level the two race leaders were surprised at. It was almost enough to outfit everyone in both armies to take on the world tree.

That being said, i'm not surprised that either of the leaders would become willingly become kirito sex slave. Not only does he totally safe them both. He gives them an insane amount of money out of nowhere.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:57   Link #76
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I know it's an insane amount they were shocked by but Eugene was still referred to as the strongest player in ALO. So you'd imagine his personal wealth to at least leave a sizable drop upon his demise.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:01   Link #77
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Personally I liked the battle scene and the episode overall. It's better than the 5 minutes of action we usually get from the SAO arc...But damn the fanservice just got over the top lol. I know the economics of BD sales requires it but even I had to start facepalming at the high amount of it. Ass shots, upskirts, boob jiggle all three in about 3 seconds for Lyfa in that one scene! XDDD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:16   Link #78
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for contains spoilers for end of previous arc (no future content):
They were more or less broke after buying the house. Then they went through the dungeon to free Thinker, and were part of the floor 75 boss raid group.

They probably racked up a fair bit of cash between the two of them from those things.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:21   Link #79
Witheirate

^ and don't forget that Kirito is the one that clear SAO. The final boss battle would earn him a huge amount of money.
Old 2012-11-17, 22:44   Link #80
Clarste
Human

I think the best explanation is that SAO currency was greatly inflated. Kirito was never "poor" (how could he be?) but I doubt anything he did would give him enough money to equip two large guilds (technically they're not guilds, but close enough). Since money is just a number though, the precise value would carry over simply enough. Usually money isn't really treated the same as inventory items, so if you can accept him carrying over his skills, the money is more or less obvious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote