Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-10, 11:33   Link #1
mintyfresh
Altoid

Question Who SHOULD get Naruto?

Like it or not, Naruto WILL be licensed one day. And just out of curiosity, I was wondering what anime licensing company you people think deserve to obtain the rights to Naruto. In other words, who should get it?

Granted, the company who you'd like to see get Naruto may not be the one you think will get Naruto.... so you can answer twice if you like.. ^^;

Guess away.
Old 2004-08-10, 11:40   Link #2
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

I'd like to see Media Blasters or Bandai (actually, I have no idea how good they are at what they do, but I heard they are pretty ok) get Naruto, but most likely VIZ gets it... So yay, we can have discs with two episodes. Yay, indeed.
Old 2004-08-10, 11:54   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
ADV is god.
Old 2004-08-10, 12:08   Link #4
SurferX

I want ADV to get it, since their boxsets are almost always very affordable and cost way less than buying the DVD's separately. Other companies rip you off and make you buy the box along with the first DVD for a higher price and then make you pay for each individual DVD. For a series this long there's no way I'll be able to buy it if it's release like that.
Old 2004-08-10, 12:11   Link #5
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
What does it take to License a Series? It'd be nice if a new up-and-comer would license the series and release a subtitled in japanese Anime series, with 7 Episode DVDs or something..

Most of the ones out there (like VIZ) completely rip off the fans by only offering horribly dubbed version, with 2 eps per DVD (a la DBZ).. Its horrid, the prices of the DVD are outrageous, and not being able to watch the Anime the way it was meant to be watched is the reason why I download most of my anime, licensed or not. I watched DBZ on Cartoon Network, and (in my opinion) they destroyed what it was. They changed the music, cut things out, the voice overs were horrible (including how they sounded and the timings).. Maybe I am just overly critical, but I watched DBZ in Japanese w/ Subtitles, and was a huge fan.. saw it dubbed, and I have never wanted to watch it again....

I hope that doesnt happen w/ Naruto. Its such a great series.. Im hoping someone new steps up and hey, sure, do a dubbed version.. But still offer (and include on your DVDs) the original Japanese w/ English Subtitled (and french/german/whatever subtitles) episodes. If someone were to release that, I would give them my full monetary support by buying every single DVD they released. (I did this w/ Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.. I THINK that was Bandai? The subtitles were pretty crappy, but the original anime in Japanese was worth it.)
Old 2004-08-10, 12:13   Link #6
NL|MegaMika

The company who plans to license the series when it's completely fansubbed. Selected by dub quality: I think funimation did a good job on DBZ, so maybe them. Not that I'm planning to watch the dubs...
Old 2004-08-10, 16:10   Link #7
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
I hope that doesnt happen w/ Naruto. Its such a great series.. Im hoping someone new steps up and hey, sure, do a dubbed version.. But still offer (and include on your DVDs) the original Japanese w/ English Subtitled (and french/german/whatever subtitles) episodes. If someone were to release that, I would give them my full monetary support by buying every single DVD they released. (I did this w/ Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.. I THINK that was Bandai? The subtitles were pretty crappy, but the original anime in Japanese was worth it.)
I wouldn't like that, since it only heightens the price of the DVD. And now I *cough*hacked*cough* my DVD-player so it's region free I can buy region 1 DVDs since they are a lot cheaper than region 2 pal ones. Other languages doesn't matter to me, only bothers me since like I said, it only heightens the price.

I forgot all about ADV, their DVD boxes are pretty cheap. I have Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 DVD-box and I'm very happy with the quality and most of all with the price. So yeah, my first choice to license Naruto would be ADV since it is quite a long series.
Old 2004-08-10, 16:21   Link #8
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
if it gets licensed it will probably not be any worse subs than anbu's.
But man...i have to buy regionfree DVD player and lay ot alot of money on naruto but I guess it's worth it
Old 2004-08-10, 16:23   Link #9
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Thanks for registering to make another one of these.

If I could I'd get it so people would stop talking about who should get Naruto.

Episode 1: which fansub is the best?
Episode 2: who will license Naruto?

For the love of god someone licencse this quick so we can finally move to episode 3: bitch about the licensing.
Old 2004-08-10, 16:26   Link #10
eLstar
(^_^)v

I prerfer we NOT talk about anything to do with Naruto licensed until it actually does get licensed. But then I'll have to deal with Naruto complaints....
Closed Thread