AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 02:19   Link #101
blewin

A one-sided disappointment from Nodame though. She didn't talk it through with Chiaki about getting angry over him doing a piano concerto without her. There're just sooo many issues between them. Not worked out. Not talked over (resulting in you know what in the manga if you've read it already). Frankly, despite the again, you know what ending, I'm sure more problems will come up if they don't talk to each other.

As expected from character interaction, the only way for them to reconcile is for Chiaki to step down and give in to her demands. I feel sorry for him.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:42   Link #102
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I think my main impression right now is... that's it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that in the "something is lacking" manner, but really with the thought of "that wasn't nearly enough I want MOAR!"

I dunno if its rushed or anything, but so far, I can't get enough of the show. And THAT is good enough for me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:55   Link #103
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

For me, I'm totally disappointed in Chiaki. So his backstory is the typical soap opera cliche after cliche. So he has daddy issues on top of all the past experiences.. and it seems he's in for another sappy reawakening, blah blah, the end.

I just hope the writing carries the show over to being very watchable, but I'm sort of saddened that the show keeps moving towards extreme cliche. Oh well, at least the journey was fun, more or less.

I actually think this show needs more Nodame going crazy. I just don't see a point to her being restrained by so many things upon coming to Paris..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:39   Link #104
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
What chapter does the first episode start on? There's no way I could remember
It's jumping all over the place, but covers material from the end of chapter 95.

I agree with Ascaloth...they've cut out a lot from the source material, making this first episode seem rather flat (the one exception being some development for Nodame). If they're rewriting the story, I hope they manage to rewrite it in a way that will make sense to viewers...

The curse of being a manga reader, I suppose. Happened to me with Death Note too.

But why is it that the live-action is still so much more enjoyable, even though they take even more liberties with the story?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:23   Link #105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Rant on Nodame the character:

the more I watch Nodame, the more I dislike Nodame. She's so childish and selfish. Does she expect Chiaki to just sit there and do nothing, waiting for her to study and "catch up" to him?? What's wrong with him playing the piano and conducting at the same time? He's managing an orchestra after all, and not just any normal orchestra, but one with a bad reputation. Of course he gotta do something "flashy" to capture the audience.

Nodame's doing well to study harder, but her accusing Chiaki is just not right. Does she ever try looking at things from his perspective?
I understand why some people might be a little upset with Nodame about this. However, these are very real emotions shes having envy and or Jealously and feeling like she is not progressing. Nodame is childish but that part of her personality translates into her playing which is why she is unique. Chiaki and Nodame truly do not understand each other yet and one can see why they dont spend a lot of time together for obvious reasons. I could understand if Nodame was not working hard and fell back into her old routine but she actually cares about her music now and wants to catch up with Chiaki in her own way. This dream of playing Piano while Chiaki conducts has been a dream for 2 seasons now its understandable why she is upset.

I think we need to give her more time to grow she is actually at a very delicate stage in her development. Now im hoping they dont continue to bounce around as much because of the development that happens in the future needs to be explained. For the first episode it was fine but anime only viewers will find plot holes if they do not proceed carefully with taking out material.
Old 2010-01-23, 01:40   Link #106
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 2.

So, at least this episode wasn't butchered too badly. In fact, it's a fairly well-crafted one compared to the one before, and captures Rui's disappointment and fatigue with her "new life" in Paris quite well.

I'd wish that future episodes could at least be as good as this one, but frankly, I don't have much hope of that happening. >_>
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:34   Link #107
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
watched episode 2 and they did not cut as much out as i thought they would concerning Rui. I was hoping they would really focus on her frustration not only with her Piano playing but with her life in general in Paris and they captured it quite nicely especially the scene with her mother. I believe Rui is finally starting to realize the difference between her playing and Nodame's. Nodame's playing is so full emotion you can feel it in the music. Rui superior technically plays as written but not with much emotion.

I was a little disappointed in Chiaki but he made up for it near the end i think we can all understand why he needs some quiet time. But his mother recognizes something that even Chiaki has not really noticed and tat is how big of part Nodame plays in his life (mothers can always tell cant they lol) Chiaki, Rui and Nodame are at a cross roads in their life where they are torn between regular life and a personal life. Its easy to see just how Nodame and Chiaki will grow apart.

decent episode im just worried about how they will do the rest.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:11   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've had nothing against the pacing in finale, and that especially goes for the third episode.
Spoiler for Episode 03:
Old 2010-01-31, 19:27   Link #109
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3 was nice with the summing up for Rui and her ongoing dilemma with music. I especially liked the parting scene with her mother which was very familiar to me My mom and I fight over clothes like that all the time. I am a bit wary of her vying for a performance with Chiaki, however, since she seems to have more than a friendly interest in him.

I was very relieved that Nodame was able to perform well despite Chiaki's absence. Let's just say I was very put out when he decided to not go, though I can understand his reasoning. He can hear Nodame perform again another day, and they're at a level of understanding with one another that music is the priority. His going to view his sensei's rehearsal is expected after their long separation from one another as well as helpful for his growth as a conductor both musically and socially.

The moment where Nodame tells the madams who her teacher is and why she doesn't perform in competitions was interesting, particularly in their reactions. I wonder what they meant with their sudden parting wishes. The interaction between Nodame and the butler was pretty funny though: the zipping up, the loss of the safety pin, and the parting hug. She finds supporters wherever she goes!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 00:45   Link #110
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've had nothing against the pacing in finale, and that especially goes for the third episode.
Spoiler for Episode 03:
yeah, I like that emotional moment too, but somehow, it doesn't feel as emotional as it is in the manga........

Anyway, looking at them hugging, I think Chiaki looks at his teacher as a father figure more than his real father. That really gives off this "pang" feeling. No wonder he got off the bus!

agreed. Nodame's performance jumps from one to another. So is this anime going to be 12 episodes?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 09:14   Link #111
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
agreed. Nodame's performance jumps from one to another. So is this anime going to be 12 episodes?
According to MAL (which could be wrong) it's only 11 episodes.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 15:17   Link #112
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ah! At last they've captured Paris' spirit! Surprise Subway Strike and no taxi!

(Kidding. We generally know about strikes in advance, and the bus drivers are in the same company, so they go on strike too.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 16:01   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 03:
Though i enjoyed episode 3 because of Rui and of course we get the see the many faces of Nodame while playing the piano (although too short like Shiroth stated) i was a extremely annoyed at Chiaki. Granted even i will admit i might be being a little too hard on the guys but screw that. I understand he finally gets to see her old teacher and is very happy to run into him yes it has been hinted at for a long time. But a promise is a promise and he should have showed of showed his support for Nodame by saying he had a previous appointment and went to Nodame's concert. Nodame has supported Chiaki through all his performances why not do the same. I know im ranting but these type of situations really piss me off.

Other than that it was a nice episode I agree with Shiroth on many of his point hence me quoting his post, and i look forward to Nodame's reaction when she finds out that Chiaki and Rui will be performing again. Not like he could turn it down its a great opportunity.
Old 2010-02-02, 17:46   Link #114
king12354

Shouldn't Chiaki missing her concert lead to a bigger surprise the next time he watches her play for real regarding on how much she has improved?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:58   Link #115
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Shouldn't Chiaki missing her concert lead to a bigger surprise the next time he watches her play for real regarding on how much she has improved?
Well that depends on how you look at it. Nodame was already disappointed that Chiaki didnt come and said oh well it cant be helped because of important business, but her face showed it all. Now Nodame was able to carry on and give a great concert even without her friends being there to support her. This is a sign of her maturing and come to terms with her own musical talent she is feeling more comfortable.

The question should be this. Since Chiaki missed her concert because he went to practice with his old teacher. How will Nodame react when she finds out that Chiaki and Rui will be a performing with one another again? Im expecting some drama when that bomb is dropped. Especially with Rui's interest in Chiaki becoming more apparent.

Like i said i know people will disagree with me but i believe a promise is a promise. I dont care if Chiaki ran into Jesus Christ on the train he still should have gone to Nodame concert. This is just my own view but my opinion of him went down a bit because it. If he could skip her concert this time how easy will it be for him to do it next time or the time after that. So in the end it doesnt matter how good shes gotten if Chiaki never hears it.
Old 2010-02-03, 08:02   Link #116
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So it took a little while since I was busy recently, but finally got around to Episode 3.

I'm surprised. I actually like the execution of this episode quite a bit more than I have come to expect from Kon's Nodame episodes. The pacing is actually....really nice and slow, really good. It almost felt like I was watching an S1 episode again. Rui, Chiaki, and Nodame all got a great deal of development this time round.

I'm actually pretty satisfied. I hope this keeps up.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:08   Link #117
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Nodame Cantabile Manga to Bundle Anime DVD, CD in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The upcoming original animation DVD will deal with a certain day when Nodame and Chiaki are in Paris. Nodame and another student named Lucas Bodley go on a date, to the consternation of Chiaki.
For an anime-only viewer like me, he has no grounds for complaint. Put up or shut up, Shin-kun.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 17:47   Link #118
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Though i enjoyed episode 3 because of Rui and of course we get the see the many faces of Nodame while playing the piano (although too short like Shiroth stated) i was a extremely annoyed at Chiaki. Granted even i will admit i might be being a little too hard on the guys but screw that. I understand he finally gets to see her old teacher and is very happy to run into him yes it has been hinted at for a long time. But a promise is a promise and he should have showed of showed his support for Nodame by saying he had a previous appointment and went to Nodame's concert. Nodame has supported Chiaki through all his performances why not do the same. I know im ranting but these type of situations really piss me off.
I think it's fairly normal, for them. Neither's all that attentive to what the other really wants. It's true Nodame has been making huge efforts (hypnotizing Chiaki's phobia out of him, getting more serious about music), but she's does her own thing as often as not. As for him... He does what he thinks is best for her music, but he really doesn't want to consider that maybe she doesn't want it to be such a huge part of her life. And he still puts his own music first - like his father, unsurprisingly. I also see him as rather... defeated by Nodame. He accepted her because it ended up being less trouble than keeping her from being a weirdo. And then he ended up getting used to it. Poor guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 23:29   Link #119
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Their priorities are different. The way I see it is before Chiaki, Nodame was about music. After Chiaki, Nodame was about Chiaki. Of course she doesn't need him by her side all the time but she will chose him over everything else. As for Chiaki, whether it was before or after Nodame it was always about music. Nodame just happened to force herself into his life and he went along with it. I don't have the impression that Chiaki prioritizes Nodame the way Nodame prioritizes him. I guess that's the difference between male and female, practical and romantic. (Anyhow, that's my impression so far after live action drama, 2 specials and 3 eps of NC finale.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 10:59   Link #120
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I guess that's the difference between male and female, practical and romantic. (Anyhow, that's my impression so far after live action drama, 2 specials and 3 eps of NC finale.)
Chiaki prioritising his music over Nodame has nothing to do with the different between male and female. This is all about Chiaki's father.

To put it simple, Chiaki was neglected by his father when he was a child, and now he's becoming the same. Why do you think Chiaki's mother told him Nodame was his angel? It has nothing to do with music; it's because she knows he needs Nodame. Without her, he could eventually become his father. The only one who doesn't get it yet, it's himself, but even that's going to change soon. (It should be noted I'm not talking specifically about his encounter with Viera-sensei. What's happened there is just that he was so happy to meet him that he couldn't help going with him.)

And it is even more complex than that (Nodame's side of things, for example, it's really complex), but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Tags
josei, noitamina