AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-17, 02:04   Link #1
Chuongfantasy

Why can't a guy be an Otome???

You knows, it would be cool if males can become a otome. So what do you think?
Old 2006-02-17, 02:05   Link #2
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuongfantasy
You knows, it would be cool if males can become a otome. So what do you think?
Episode 20 may change that....
Old 2006-02-17, 02:23   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The nature of the question is pointless and, whoever posted this thread may forgive me, stupid.

Rewatch again episode four when Arika receives her Coral GEM.

Otome are forbidden to commit sexual intercourse with men because the Y-chromosome in the male's semen will corrode the nanomachines and trigger the body to develop anti-bodies, therefore, closing any chances for a girl to becoming Otome again.

It has already been thoroughly discussed countless times in another Mai-Otome thread.

Besides, I would explain the meaning of Otome in title context.

'Otome' in Japanese in a generic sense refers to a virgin mostly applied to females.

'Otome' in a formal context refers to a young girl or maiden.

Guys cannot be Otome, because a) they are not girls.

b) They possess a Y chromosome that will instantly decimate the nanomachines once injecting them into their bodies.

For the title context would be the same as if someone asks why guys cannot be miko?

'Miko' in Japanese refers to female priests or priestesses.

The only out of the world way that comes to my mind for a guy to become an Otome is that genetists and molecular engineers develop a new breed of nanomachines that possess mutagenic functions to modify or alter the human DNA and the genome. Genetically operating on the Y chromosome to transform it into an artificial X chromosome.

At the same time following a physiological treatment that requires a complete transfusion of bodily fluids, hormone treatment, and surgery.

To change through bioengineering and endocrinological means a guy into a girl.

Of course the operation will follow a highly extreme and limited selection of individuals. More specifically androgynous males and/or bishounen males with feminine characteristics.

Bluntly obvious.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-02-17 at 02:37.
Old 2006-02-17, 02:41   Link #4
Chuongfantasy

But science are pretty advance right, I mean if they spend a little more time of researching, they could creat a new nanomachines that won't be reacted to Y chromosome.
Old 2006-02-17, 02:46   Link #5
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
I made a joke that depending on how it works, maybe a eunuch could be an otome. I picture the scenario as this.

Mashiro: *to Nagi* I want to try an experiment?
Nagi: What?
Mashiro: Weather eunuchs can be an otome?
Nagi: How will you do that? What guy would subject himself to that?
Mashiro: *evil glint* Well you are going to be the test subject. *pulls out rusty garden shears*
Old 2006-02-17, 02:53   Link #6
Lost

Hahaha... this thread is a no-brainer.. but yeah it'll be cool to have males.. just that i dun think they'll be called otome... someone come up with an japanese equivalent of otome but for males?

Maybe Sunrise will buy the idea =P

edit: actually, giving serious thought to this subject, IMO females are still best suited for this protecting roles.. i dun know why, but the idea of having a male as such a personal and intimate bodyguard is a lil' bit weird... especially since most of the heads-of-state in MO are male. I guess a female is more suited to playing the sort of supporting role that Otomes traditionally are used for.
Old 2006-02-17, 05:33   Link #7
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The only difference would be in actual fights. We'd get more FFVII:AC 'Cloud vs Sephiroth'-like battles, which would be cool...but male Otome would get real bored real fast if there were no fights. ^^; That and tell them no 'horizontal boogie' for as long as you have this power?

Forget it.
To find a guy willing to do that is almost too rare to make the tech valid, sad to say...
Old 2006-02-17, 07:17   Link #8
Gaiarth

Quote:
But science are pretty advance right, I mean if they spend a little more time of researching, they could creat a new nanomachines that won't be reacted to Y chromosome.
But the technology is Mai-Otome is all 'hand-me-down'. They are actually operating at a lower technological base than the original colonisers of the planet. They may still have the means to create the nano-machines, but that doesn't necassarily mean they understand the technology well enough to adapt it. Especially if they only have the one source; they wouldn't start playing with that and possibly cut off the supply.
Old 2006-02-17, 09:56   Link #9
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
The only difference would be in actual fights. We'd get more FFVII:AC 'Cloud vs Sephiroth'-like battles, which would be cool...
Why oh why does this shound like a horrible idea?
Seriously, we would wind up with people who are far more likely to go off and start wars. That's the problem with us men, very poor impulse controll.

SERGE
Old 2006-02-17, 10:43   Link #10
Ghostring

i was...wondering...could guys use the one that midori use?the one with duration...?
Old 2006-02-17, 11:01   Link #11
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostring
i was...wondering...could guys use the one that midori use?the one with duration...?
Unlikely. The technology that Midori uses is supposely stolen from Garderobe? If so, then it would have the same reaction to that Y-chromosome (or something)... Also, with the time duration, it really wouldnt be of much use. Very unreliable piece of equipment. I think guys are better off with Slaves.
Old 2006-02-17, 11:56   Link #12
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

thats make me revolt if that happen........
and i definately wont watch it if that happen in the first place...
since from speculation of esp 20 , sergey are going to become the guniea pig of the otome testing.. and i sincerely hope he died for that ....-_-
otome tachi=shoujo and onna...pray hardly for it that none of the guys would mess around wif that..
Old 2006-02-17, 12:36   Link #13
Anime Adoru

Most guys would fail the makeup class. We'll see how Sergey will do.
Old 2006-02-17, 15:12   Link #14
zeiva

Huh? Since when Sergay is going to become otome? LOL!
Sergay just colunteered to gather girls who willing to test the new gems.

We haven't been told whether the new gems can be used for guys. We just been told that even girls that can't be otome can be one too. Where did people get idea guys can become one too? @__@''
Old 2006-02-17, 15:17   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The nanos were design that way. It is not a accidental design flaw. When they design the nanos for Otome all those hundred of years ago. Some smartass wanted only cutes girls to Otomes.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-02-17 at 16:36.
Old 2006-02-17, 16:32   Link #16
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Some smart only wanted cutes girls to Otomes.
Hn... I guess that means Fumi's master was Roy Mustang, it would all make sense...

Mustang: "There will only be women in my army, and I shall make them all wear short skirts!"
Fumi: "Hai, Master!"
...then, later...
Mustang: "What do you mean, I can't sleep with them?! NOOOOOO~~~!"

And btw, you realize there's a LOT of missing words in your last post, xellos?
Old 2006-02-17, 16:38   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Hn... I guess that means Fumi's master was Roy Mustang, it would all make sense...

Mustang: "There will only be women in my army, and I shall make them all wear short skirts!"
Fumi: "Hai, Master!"
...then, later...
Mustang: "What do you mean, I can't sleep with them?! NOOOOOO~~~!"

And btw, you realize there's a LOT of missing words in your last post, xellos?
Thats what you get for posting while working Unlike the majority of you i actually have to work for a living, no more handouts form parents
Old 2006-02-17, 17:22   Link #18
philip72

"Why can't a guy be an Otome???"

Because the show would become 99.9% less sexy.
Old 2006-02-17, 17:27   Link #19
Rasqual Twilight
~Walking on the Milkyway~

"Why can't a guy be an Otome???"

Because you need to be hit by a UFO to become a fully-fledged girl.
Old 2006-02-17, 17:36   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Why can't a guy be an Otome???

Because as I already explained it in my first post 'Otome' refers to young girls or maidens.

Only two out of the world ways for a guy to become an Otome:

1. Like Rasqual Twilight posted, getting crashed by a UFO and in their deepest apology the aliens reconstruct the whole body into a female one.

2. Molecular engineers and genetists in the Mai-Otome world develop a new breed of nano-machines that are capable of mutating/modifying the human genotype on a molecular-gene level.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-02-17 at 17:49.
Closed Thread