AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 07:42   Link #1361
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The inmates are running the asylum at this school...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:00   Link #1362
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I'm getting the feeling Yuuta is really a jerk. Not only does he take the liberty to chop Rikka (and other forms of abuse stemming from his over-reactions), he waited til the end of the evening to drop the "no" bomb. He could have at least added his name for the sake of making up the requisite number of people to form the club. Now he'll probably join the club, since he has the hots for Shinka. That's just annoying, seeing as how Rikka asked him for help.

I would have thought Yuuta would be more sympathetic to Rikka's chunibyou, since he had been there before. I just can't understand why Rikka keeps sticking to him. Yes, she thought his chunibyou state was cool, but is there more she sees in him?
Part of the answer is that Yuuta sees too much of his recent 'former' self in Rikka, and as such cannot possibly be at peace with Rikka's antics as he isn't at peace with himself. His own mental self-berate would be no less than his revulsion towards Rikka. Such as human nature. Yuuta after all is only adolescent...

Rikka does find Yuuta amusing, and Yuuta is ever more so amusing by each passing moment. Although who really knows what she's looking for from Yuuta?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:03   Link #1363
Unknown Soldier
:D

I'm pretty sure what Rikka is looking for is already explained in the show's title.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:07   Link #1364
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love the sounds Rikka makes every time Yuuta hits her. Un~

Another very fun episode. One more chuunibyou joins the cast, and her delusions are second only to Rikka's. Yuuta is going to have a tough time handling those two. It's obvious Shinka is also a closet chuuni, I can't wait to see Yuuta's reaction when her powerlevel is finally unleashed. He's going to be traumatized
It seems like he just can't escape his fate. Chuunis flock to him.
Old 2012-10-18, 08:10   Link #1365
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I'm pretty sure what Rikka is looking for is already explained in the show's title.
Chuuni's are also lonely by nature of their actions, she probably want to share her world with someone.
Old 2012-10-18, 08:21   Link #1366
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You might not notice it but... Rikka actually has a nice bust size in that cheerleader outfit...

Oh god what have I done...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:28   Link #1367
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You might not notice it but... Rikka actually has a nice bust size in that cheerleader outfit...

Oh god what have I done...
Good observation dude.....
Old 2012-10-18, 08:34   Link #1368
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I just realized that Dekomori said "death" in quite flawless english instead of "desu".
Her seiyuu Uesaka Sumire is currently a student of Sophia University in Tokyo studying linguistics (majoring in Russian!), she also recently did the voice readings of an English study book for high school students so I'd expect her to be actually better than majority of the seiyuu out there when it comes to pronunciation that doesn't sound like she's reading off katakana.

EDIT: She's also probably what people would consider a real life chuunibou, so I'm sure she feels right at home (to the point of painful) with the character too.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:16   Link #1369
zigantz22

Great episode, but there are two things I really don't want to happen.

1. Yuuta joining the club because of Shinka, rather than joining it due to Rikka asking him to.

2. Shinka having feelings for Yuuta (I would hate if this happens, since it would likely interfere with the development of the main relationship).

I also want the story to begin focusing more on Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, since it's quite clear that's the direction it will eventually take, and I don't want those developments to feel rushed.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:28   Link #1370
Domonkazu

why did Yuuta call his homeroom teacher "Nana-chan" ??

did I miss something ??
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 09:48   Link #1371
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
why did Yuuta call his homeroom teacher "Nana-chan" ??

did I miss something ??
Someone mentioned before in the thread, about how she's young and pretty friendly/casual with her students, so all other students in class also called her Nana-chan...
Old 2012-10-18, 09:51   Link #1372
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Goddamn, KyoAni definitely knows how to make my heart melt. Didn't think that Shinka was gonna join the club at the end. Also excited about the recent intro of Sanae. She's adorable like the rest of the cast. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 10:20   Link #1373
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sanae's hammer can grow and it even has a cartridge system wwwww

I love the magic battles <3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 10:40   Link #1374
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Epic broomstick battle!

When the character poll goes up at the end of the series, I demand that Catherine be on the list. The 18th century Englishwoman who can only speak Japanese.

I really liked Kumin's earnest, engaged nature in episode two, so I was pretty disappointed this week when it looked as though her main schtick is going to be taking random naps. Her comic inability to be put off by all the weirdos around her is a far more endearing trait, and sets her up as a good foil to Yuuta within the group.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 11:00   Link #1375
Insane
Banned

Man, Dekomori was so epic. For someone who can't even beat her own sister, Rikka sure got an interesting counterpart. I had predicted that they'll eventually create or joining a club in order to increase their silliness.

About club, can someone explain to me differences between formal club and hobby club in Japan?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 11:26   Link #1376
EroKing

Old 2012-10-18, 11:37   Link #1377
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
KyoAni is infamous for abusing photoshop for background art, instead of creating anything of artistic value, like other studios... well, at least they are efficient at it
Actually, reproducing environnement and all is much harder, especially if you have to consider perspective, scale, color pallet and so forth (which involves consistency to be kept for the reproduction and animation in general). It is hardly a mere matter of "photoshop" especially if you consider that everything in anime is done with PC anyway, so even the "original backgrounds" have no better merits than reproduction.

And generally speaking, the vast majority of backgrounds in anime are oversimplified, and hardly "artistic". Everything is brought down to art direction and ambiant mood, instead of having any interesting background.

So having some studios doing actually their homework and doing a proper reconstruction of a RL place, instead of random and lacking sceneries is a plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I'm getting the feeling Yuuta is really a jerk. Not only does he take the liberty to chop Rikka (and other forms of abuse stemming from his over-reactions), he waited til the end of the evening to drop the "no" bomb. He could have at least added his name for the sake of making up the requisite number of people to form the club. Now he'll probably join the club, since he has the hots for Shinka. That's just annoying, seeing as how Rikka asked him for help.

I would have thought Yuuta would be more sympathetic to Rikka's chunibyou, since he had been there before. I just can't understand why Rikka keeps sticking to him. Yes, she thought his chunibyou state was cool, but is there more she sees in him?
Let's be honest: how do you actually drill some sense to Rikka without abuse? Really, it hardly looks like it is possible to make things clear with words alone with her, as her chuuni is borderline 100% permanent. And it isn't like Yuuta punches her or anything.

Also, the "no bomb" was more like the fact he was expecting their teacher to drop it, and he was just helping for the hell of it: clearly, he already addressed his unwilling attitude to join the club, yet Rikka still included him in the end, while he clearly didn't give his concent back with the club form.

Rikka is everything Yuuta wants to forget. Although he does help her as he can't leave her alone, I see no reason for him to sympathize with her chuunibyou, even though he did a bit in general (otherwise, I would rather expect a complete cold and ignoring shoulder instead).
Meanwhile, Yuuta represents the only "potential" comrade of the same age for her: she witnessed first hand a glimpse of Yuuta's chuunibyou, which is a "perfect match" to hers.
Old 2012-10-18, 11:43   Link #1378
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Man, Dekomori was so epic. For someone who can't even beat her own sister, Rikka sure got an interesting counterpart. I had predicted that they'll eventually create or joining a club in order to increase their silliness.

About club, can someone explain to me differences between formal club and hobby club in Japan?
Formal club can apply for funding by the school IIRC (hence the common plot of club vs student council for budget allocation), while hobby level ones only get to have a room to themselves.
Old 2012-10-18, 11:56   Link #1379
Skane
Anime Snark

That was a pretty WTF-moment when they revealed Shinka was "stalking" them. It was like, how long has she been observing them?

Old 2012-10-18, 12:00   Link #1380
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, reproducing environnement and all is much harder, especially if you have to consider perspective, scale, color pallet and so forth (which involves consistency to be kept for the reproduction and animation in general).
That would be true if the background was dynamic, but they this in static or short panning shots (mostly), so perspective, scale are not an issue. As for the pallet adjustment, it's not that hard. Now considering all the work it saves, and how good it looks, it's a viable and cheap alternative to creating an original background that detailed.

Quote:
It is hardly a mere matter of "photoshop" especially if you consider that everything in anime is done with PC anyway, so even the "original backgrounds" have no better merits than reproduction.
I am also sure that they are using some specialized software to make their work easier than blur->sharpen->ink->color adjust

Quote:
And generally speaking, the vast majority of backgrounds in anime are oversimplified, and hardly "artistic". Everything is brought down to art direction and ambiant mood, instead of having any interesting background.
True, but I was not referring to the majority of studios that have hardly a budget for model consistency, but the minority where their background art is both original and inspiring... unfortunately those two attributes are allergic to mass production.

Quote:
So having some studios doing actually their homework and doing a proper reconstruction of a RL place, instead of random and lacking sceneries is a plus.
I mentioned that already, and was not sarcastic. Personally, I care a lot more about other elements in anime than what usually KyoAni sells, but that does not mean that they can copy/paste RL-backgrounds almost perfectly.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen