Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-06-30, 21:29   Link #21
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
in addition, i never really liked the Trigun or Hellsing EDs, and engrish songs are really hit or miss when sung by japanese vocalists (yet they STILL turn out better than most american pop songs...)
Actually the end theme for hellsing is by Mr. Big who is most definetly NOT a a japanese band. You might remember their songs "To Be With You" or "Wild World" from back around 1992.

After that they disappeared from the north american music scene but have never really lost popularity in japan from wheat i can tell.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 08:39   Link #22
Smudo
BAFU!!

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot STAND the music from Monster! The opening theme sounds like the Temple of Time music from Zelda: Ocarina of time....and that ending theme.....I can't stand to listen to it....too slow....too english...
Smudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:58   Link #23
koyaanisqatsi
Πρεσβύτερος Πεσιμιστής

I like Sobasaku(in a strange way...) and both the Ending and Opening of Wolf's Rain...!!!
by the way I am a bit of fan of Yoko Kanno's music, so...
Hm...3rd Naruto opening makes my ears bleed...!! In fact the 1st opening was not good either...I wish they have better music for Naruto...
Patlabor TV themes are not good, but the OVAs/movie soundtrack is very nice.
I don't like the opening of the Mars Daybreak that much...
Mansion Ikkou is an 'old' anime, so the music has the feel of 90s Japanese pop...kind of make you feel nostalgic listening to some of the songs...
Hm..I don't like the Tenjou Tengo opening theme that much...however many times I try to listen to it...
I can just about stand it listening to Samurai Champloo's opening...I don't think rap as Anime themes is right...
As to sounding 'English' (sorry I am half English...), has anyone listened to the opening theme for Gunslinger Girl? I like it and I am interested to see if anyone hates it....
koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 15:43   Link #24
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Full Moon wo Sagashite...y'know maybe it would be better on the audience's ears if they came up with an ED that was different from the song you hear REPEATEDLY throughout the episode...it's not a bad song but when you hear it 50+ times...
You don't know how long I've waited for someone to say that.

I can't stand the first Naruto opening, but it's better than the English opening of DBZ. (Not by much, but still btter.)

I also hate Sobasaku Freakles. It could be in Japanes, English, Hindu, Latin, :insert every other language in the world that never translated Freakles: and I would still hate it. If I hear that song one more time, just once more there will be a bloodly corpse on the floor......
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 01:08   Link #25
wao
OK.

Hm, I never minded Sobakasu so much - I suppose because it's one of the very first anime I watched, the song is very nostalgic. Me and my friend loved singing along to it and because we were still 12 and also had no idea what the lyrics were, we just sang them as what we heard them as, adding all sorts of things here and there. We were also watching "Flame of Recca", so we heard something that sounded like "Fuuko" and threw that in, the last melody became "ooooorororoooorororooo" to imitate Kenshin, and so on... I remember eagerly waiting for each episode and when I heard the opening song (I'd leave the tv on a few minutes before it started) I'd drop what I was doing and go watch. ^^;

I didn't like one of the ED songs to Rurouni Kenshin (Dame!), what else... I don't like the Aishiteruze Baby OP that much (The ED grows on you :|), oh, I COULDN'T STAND the 2nd OP to Violinist of Hameln. It was so stupid and ridiculous I just wanted to laugh - it was to me, a very unoriginal sounding and trite version of a supposedly inspiring opera piece... The instrumental version of it was nice, but noo, I just can't stand the OP version T__T

Oh, and the ED + OP of the 2nd and 1st seasons of Vandread. Please save my ears. Techno can only go so far, I have to be honest when I say I hate those goddamn ear-piercing synthetics in "Justice" and the disgusting sluttiness of "Himegoto". And the 2nd ED, even forgot what it was. "Trust" was okay... "Spacy Spicy Love" (OVA version OP) was pretty dang cute though

The Spiral OP is actually pretty good, if only... IF ONLY THE SINGING WASN'T SO ANNOYING *SCREECH*

Ah, what else. I didn't really like the Melody of Oblivion ED but it grew on me. If you forget the somewhat offpitch singing, tis actually a rather nice song (to me.)

I also can't stand some of the BGC OP/EDs. Though "Bye Bye My Crisis" was nice for some reason or the other.

It's mostly becoming a post about what I don't like and not what are the worst anime music of all time so... :|
Old 2004-07-05, 07:56   Link #26
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudo
Maybe it's just me, but I cannot STAND the music from Monster! The opening theme sounds like the Temple of Time music from Zelda: Ocarina of time....and that ending theme.....I can't stand to listen to it....too slow....too english...
OMG, I totally agree! Well, the general music in Monster is great, it's just the OP and ED that is kind of awful. Especially the OP. It starts off pretty cool, but then deteriorates to something worse, a monster! Anyway, the song sounds off-tempo/beat and I don't like it. I only like the beginning of the song, which had a lot of potential, when I heard it. And what's with having an American guy singing the ED song?
(sorry for writing OMG, but I just had to ^^)

I also seriously dislike the Naruto ED called Telepathy (or Terepashii or whatever, the main point is that I hate it) and the recent FMA ED called Motherland. I don't think it's because of the songs, it's more of both being mood-breakers. Like if there's a really climactic scene in the end of an FMA-episode, the ED ruins it all, because it totally changes the mood. Bad ED! Well, I guess FMA 38 will provide us with a new ED, so it's not that bad. Also, the FMA OP (Cool Joke - UNDO) is AWESOME!
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 08:33   Link #27
koyaanisqatsi
Πρεσβύτερος Πεσιμιστής

Err....I have just heard GO!! - Naruto Opening on Kawaii-radio...Jesus, did I mentioned how much I dislike that song...?
The Cardcaptor Sakura songs have bad vocals...*screeeeetch*...
koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 09:08   Link #28
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
CCS song's aren't as bad as they are cranked out to be...but i really hate the OP of Beyblade(as i hate the anime)-fighting spirit...what the hell are they actually SHOUTING(instead of singing) about.....
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 12:31   Link #29
7thMethuselah

Rurouni kenshin is an awesome anime but the opening song is ... a mental and physical torture, I absolutely hate it.

And the rap opening song of Tenjou Tnege is just about my definition of bad music, so damn ugly
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 07:51   Link #30
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
u mean sobakasu?.....er.....it some times really annoys me....
Old 2004-07-07, 08:09   Link #31
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

sobakasu is not only bad, it's inappropriate!
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 22:29   Link #32
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

What about love Hina's opening song? It is so bad that since the first time I watched the show I had to skip the opening *shivers* As a matter of fact, I have never watched the first opening enterely due to that horrible song.
Old 2004-07-12, 14:30   Link #33
maxthelostboy

Gantz opeing song and Naruto first ending song are both hilarious its that bad in my opinon
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 16:07   Link #34
whyrph

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai
peace maker kurogane one was pretty bad the ending and opening.
Oh, c'mon. Who couldn't love those lyrics?

"You got to fight for your money how you feeling Jimmy!"

whyrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 16:36   Link #35
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Gasp! I had no idea people existed that didn't like insane amounts of Engrish or the Moster OP/ED... hmmm... I simply find Engrish very very funny and love it in large doses

As for Monster... I just can't comprehend pepole not liking either of those songs, because I love them so much.

Wolf's Rain OP and ED are great, especially the OP. I think Steve Conte is awesome.

And I like Megumi Hayashibara, but I admit the Love Hina OP wasn't her greatest. It wasn't THAT bad, though.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 18:20   Link #36
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I actually liked the avenger op and the wolfs rain op...

Legend of Galactic Heroes has crappy themes imho -.-"

I also sort of disliked the .hack//Legend of Twilights Bracelet ending theme .. i never got around to listening to it completly because it gets just too annoying for me to handle... meh..
And yeah i also cant stand the Samurai Deeper Kyo ending ( the opening is good thou ) ... ^^
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 08:22   Link #37
Casius
Second Summer of Love

I dont like AzuManga Daioh's Opening and Ending song......
Casius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:05   Link #38
aliensquare

i like everything from Nobuo Uematsu.
he's a god.
aliensquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 11:18   Link #39
Mitsuomi

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuomi
I think 'Monster' has horrible music, but the anime is quite good.
Mitsuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 08:36   Link #40
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

love hina op?? sakura saku?