AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 65 64.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 23.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-09, 21:04   Link #141
Dark Wing

I like both the new OP and ED for their own reasons...

The OP gives me this warm surgery fluff feeling in my chest.

The ED it just plan rocks!

As far as the episode goes I think Mugi was way over due for her own episode so it's about time she got it.
Old 2010-07-09, 21:06   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I had been looking forward to this adaptation... it was very good but I have to admit that I was disappointed that some of the most pointed gags from the manga were muted slightly (as others have pointed out earlier) particularly the implications of Mio wailing on the phone call at the end (hint: no, it wasn't that she wanted to go because Mugi went).

Other than that, really nice animation of the skits and my, my, ... isn't Mugi's hair lovely.
Old 2010-07-09, 21:14   Link #143
kitten320

^So Mio wanted to go because of Ritsu? What chapter was it again?
Old 2010-07-09, 21:27   Link #144
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I had been looking forward to this adaptation... it was very good but I have to admit that I was disappointed that some of the most pointed gags from the manga were muted slightly (as others have pointed out earlier) particularly the implications of Mio wailing on the phone call at the end (hint: no, it wasn't that she wanted to go because Mugi went).

Other than that, really nice animation of the skits and my, my, ... isn't Mugi's hair lovely.
yea they missed out on a shakey Mugi-chan, I liked that part of the manga. They managed to expand very well in some areas but taking that wee step back in others.

Just remembered what the strawberry stealing reminded me of Yotsuba&! can't believe I forgot about that.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:14   Link #145
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
(hint: no, it wasn't that she wanted to go because Mugi went).
To be truthful that's how I had understood it myself. I think you are just using too much Mugivision here.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:26   Link #146
krko
The Movie is Coming

I just noticed how inexpressive Nodoka's voice is in this episode. Yui has her ehhhhh's, Mio has her annoyed cut-it out voice, Ritsu has those fabulously excited squeals, and Azusa has her sighs whenever Yui does something stupid. But Nodoka voice pretty much stayed level despite every thing Yui put her through.

Last edited by krko; 2010-07-09 at 22:45. Reason: spelling is cool
Old 2010-07-09, 22:41   Link #147
Proto

Isn't she normally like that though? So far she has snapped only one during the course of the series.

edit: after my 5398747598379 time through the op, I continue to be amazed at the amount of detail that the animators put in it: at the start of the video when they are presenting the characters, check the lens focus on Ritsu's drums through her sequence.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:56   Link #148
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Isn't she normally like that though? So far she has snapped only one during the course of the series.

edit: after my 5398747598379 time through the op, I continue to be amazed at the amount of detail that the animators put in it: at the start of the video when they are presenting the characters, check the lens focus on Ritsu's drums through her sequence.
Ritsu's drums have always been in sync with the tune. It's very obvious in Listen! and actually they put so much more detail on her drumming than the guitars.
Old 2010-07-09, 23:29   Link #149
Proto

Quote:
Ritsu's drums have always been in sync with the tune. It's very obvious in Listen! and actually they put so much more detail on her drumming than the guitars.
I meant the visual effect on the camera lens, rather than the music. (2:40-2:42 on the Coalguys release).
Old 2010-07-10, 00:20   Link #150
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

GACK !!! Even Jun isn't immune to the Yui hug attacks.
Old 2010-07-10, 00:53   Link #151
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I think people are reading too deep into this. I reread that chapter, and can't see any indication that Mio got upset because Ritsu was doing fun stuff or whatever, and not because of who the latter spent the time with. I'd say KyoAni picked up on that pretty well.
Old 2010-07-10, 01:07   Link #152
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Mio has her annoyed cut-it out voice
That shout she gave when Ritsu was teasing her about the uniform surprised me. I figure since they were in public her reaction would be more subdued but she shouts and has an expression like she's going in for the kill. GO GO MANIAC indeed. Borrowing words from Hank Hill:"Somethings just not right with that girl."

I just needed an excuse to post that.
Old 2010-07-10, 02:19   Link #153
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
^I think it's Yui's cellphone.
i think its her pencil box
Old 2010-07-10, 02:23   Link #154
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I meant the visual effect on the camera lens, rather than the music. (2:40-2:42 on the Coalguys release).
well, i like the screen focusing effect when they switch from Yui to Azusa.
Old 2010-07-10, 03:23   Link #155
Pikawai
Blabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
What chapter was it again?
It was chapter 10 from the third volume, here the exact quote from Mio: "Why didn't you invite me too?!" It is quite ambiguous and can be interpreted in many ways.

Also in the chapter Ritsu didn't blush at all, she was disconcerted and Mugi was a little worried about what she have said...

Anyway for me the highlight of the episode was the strawberries talk, Yui was hilarious as always, I understand why she have gone all the way to prove her point.

The new OP/ED are good but I don't like them as much as the OP/ED from the first season.

Last edited by Pikawai; 2010-07-10 at 03:34.
Old 2010-07-10, 04:49   Link #156
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikawai View Post

The new OP/ED are good but I don't like them as much as the OP/ED from the first season.
true.... cagayake and dont say lazy is still the best!
Old 2010-07-10, 09:40   Link #157
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
At the end when Ritsu was talking to Mio on the phone, I thought Mio was upset because Ritsu didn't tell her that she was hanging out with Mugi... the MUGI mind you! And Mio likes Mugi very much and it's a rare occasion for Mugi to be out like that, SOOOO I figured Mio was like "Mugi was there with you???? What the hell Ritsu you should of called me dammit! Then all 3 of US could of have FUN together!".

I believe in Mio's mind, when Mugi joins the party, things get interesting in a "Mugi" kind of way, so knowing that, just Mio hanging out with Ritsu is predictable, with Mugi in the mix it's not. That's why Mio didn't want to screw her studies and go out with only Ritsu, she's done it MANY times before. Overall, Mio and Mugi have this special connection as you see throughout the series and she just wanted to hangout with not only her childhood bestie but also someone she gets along with very well, is laid-back (unlike Ritsu) and have a serious, mature conversation with... hence why she was upset. She missed the opportunity to hang with Mugi dammit! The MUGI!
Old 2010-07-10, 09:55   Link #158
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
At the end when Ritsu was talking to Mio on the phone, I thought Mio was upset because Ritsu didn't tell her that she was hanging out with Mugi... the MUGI mind you! And Mio likes Mugi very much and it's a rare occasion for Mugi to be out like that, SOOOO I figured Mio was like "Mugi was there with you???? What the hell Ritsu you should of called me dammit! Then all 3 of US could of have FUN together!".

I believe in Mio's mind, when Mugi joins the party, things get interesting in a "Mugi" kind of way, so knowing that, just Mio hanging out with Ritsu is predictable, with Mugi in the mix it's not. That's why Mio didn't want to screw her studies and go out with only Ritsu, she's done it MANY times before. Overall, Mio and Mugi have this special connection as you see throughout the series and she just wanted to hangout with not only her childhood bestie but also someone she gets along with very well, is laid-back (unlike Ritsu) and have a serious, mature conversation with... hence why she was upset. She missed the opportunity to hang with Mugi dammit! The MUGI!
That's exactly how I pictured the meaning behind that scene.

Think about it, when has Mio ever had a chance to socialize with Mugi, apart from club activities?
Old 2010-07-10, 11:10   Link #159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I suppose that line at the end of the manga chapter *is* more ambiguous. Japanese tends to be pretty sparse and I read it purely as stated, I didn't get a "we could have gone as a threesome" out of her line. Only that Ritsu didn't try hard enough to get Mio to go with her.

I actually don't think much of the idea that any yuri is to be taken seriously (well, outside of Mugi's version of the world).
Old 2010-07-10, 11:43   Link #160
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I actually don't think much of the idea that any yuri is to be taken seriously (well, outside of Mugi's version of the world).
That is subtlety I guess. At its best that only a few can see what is actually coming.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread