AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 21:35   Link #721
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
A new Aigis version, Aigis EXO is supposedly going to be debuting the arcades?

Edit: False alarm, it's for a different game, but here's a neat image of Aigis

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kurosu; 2012-08-27 at 21:58.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:37   Link #722
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So a possible upcoming Persona 4 Arena Extend edition...?

Looks interesting though, I wonder if there will be other characters or features added on later.
Old 2012-08-27, 21:42   Link #723
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
So a possible upcoming Persona 4 Arena Extend edition...?

Looks interesting though, I wonder if there will be other characters or features added on later.
Never mind, false alarm, seems she's going to cameo in Lords of Vermillion
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:02   Link #724
EmagEvil

The European release for middle october now?! Hope they will keep their word this time...

BTW an artist made this pic by waiting for the game!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 22:21   Link #725
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08...playstation-3/

Does digital version have region lock? If it's not, I think this could help those in Europe.
Old 2012-11-09, 01:28   Link #726
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It wouldn't make sense whatsoever for them not to region lock this content.
So I wouldn't expect any opportunity to play it before 2013, which is by itself enough to lost interest completely. I can't believe how badly Zen United messed up this.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:02   Link #727
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It wouldn't make sense whatsoever for them not to region lock this content.
So I wouldn't expect any opportunity to play it before 2013, which is by itself enough to lost interest completely. I can't believe how badly Zen United messed up this.
Zen have repeatedly said it's because they've yet to receive the EU-ready build from Atlus.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:21   Link #728
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
That's bull, what's different on EU ver.?

I feel bad for EU guys, too much wasted potential
Old 2012-11-09, 20:27   Link #729
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
That's bull, what's different on EU ver.?
Different region lock. Region lock is a coding thing, coding is Atlus's job technically since Zen United, as a localiser and publisher, don't actually directly touch the code. If Zen says a proper build for EU has not been received from Atlus, I'm inclined to believe that excuse.

SCEE requires all PS3 games released in EU work on all "EU Regions". For the purposes of region-lock, Australia/NZ, UK/Ireland, Mainland Europe and Russia are all seperate regions. Yes, Europe is 4 regions. Yes, Australia and New Zealand count as Europe for console gaming purposes for whatever reason.
Old 2012-11-09, 20:47   Link #730
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What I actually blame on ZU is the fact they barely give any information what was going on, having silly FB comments regarding random trivia and tournaments that hardly anyone would care about unless you live nextdoor to these (as, let's face it, there are hardly any EU events for P4U, aside in Uk and that's still scarce over there).

It isn't like ZU can do anything in term of technical aspect of it, yet they are the only ones that are in touch with Atlus for this matter, so having barely 2 announcements (1 for the "faq" after the shitstorm, and 1 for the "nope for 2012) doesn't really equal to anything but mess.

And I still don't get what stop atlus to have a proper coding: regular blu ray already have the "proper" region lock for EU, UK, Australia etc, so it is hardly anything new in term of coding. In fact, even coded movie blu ray already count Australia and NZ.
Old 2012-11-09, 20:53   Link #731
Tokkan

Quote:
And I still don't get what stop atlus to have a proper coding: regular blu ray already have the "proper" region lock for EU, UK, Australia etc, so it is hardly anything new in term of coding. In fact, even coded movie blu ray already count Australia and NZ.
Region locking on PS3 for games is not based on what Blu-ray region, it's instead based on what data center the PS3 is set to authenticate with when connecting to PSN. It's a backend system setting that cannot be changed.
Old 2012-11-09, 20:58   Link #732
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Region locking on PS3 for games is not based on what Blu-ray region, it's instead based on what data center the PS3 is set to authenticate with when connecting to PSN.
Not applicable here: P4U has a similar region locking than usual locked blu ray, as in: code that would prevent a device to play the said disc, if not of the same region.
And that's the primary objective for atlus: to prevent the game to be playable on a console that isn't of the same region, which means it shouldn't rely on the PSN whatsoever (which isn't a real region lock to begin with).

If you imply that it solely relies on the datacenter used for the PSN connection, that basically means you would just need an access to US PSN to play a US disc of P4U, regardless of the PS3, which is not the case.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:00   Link #733
Tokkan

Quote:
Not applicable here: P4U has a similar region locking than usual locked blu ray, as in: code that would prevent a device to play the said disc, if not of the same region.
And that's the primary objective for atlus: to prevent the game to be playable on a console that isn't of the same region, which means it shouldn't rely on the PSN whatsoever (which isn't a real region lock to begin with).
You're missing what I meant, it doesn't connect to PSN, it simply relies on the same code that determines what data centre to connect to.

It doesn't rely on the data centre, it's just determined by the same internal backend setting of the PS3 that sets the data centre it will connect to.

For starters there are 13 PS3 regions (2 are unused). To see which one your PS3 is, check the SKU number. CECHxXX, where x is a letter and XX is a number.

For example: CECHA00 = Japan, which has a target ID of 0x83 and therefore must connect to data centre 00 for authentication before connecting to any region of PSN.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2012-11-09 at 21:18.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:12   Link #734
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If you mean the code in the disc that force "the PS3 to access to a certain shop, and if not possible, burst" (as in, EU account forced to access to US PSN for instance), I'm not even sure if it is the same, considering that code is actually affecting what the PS3 will try to reach, and absolutely not related to its hardware (since any PS3 can reach any PSN, the issue with the datacenter is more like how an account is the "lock").
I would be either way curious of the details, if you have the source of this.

Regardless what kind of code it is, it doesn't exactly justify how long it takes them for this, where they planned this stunt for a while and still didn't have the US version delayed.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:21   Link #735
Tokkan

Quote:
If you mean the code in the disc
It's not a code in the disc, it's a code in the backend of the PS3's firmware.

Ok, so here's the rundown.

Every PS3 region has a different target ID. The target ID is a hexadecimal code that determines what kind of system it is (there's also target IDs for non-retail PS3-based systems such as arcade boards)

For a list of regions and target IDs, see http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Regions

Before log in to any region of PSN is complete on your PS3, it must authenticate with a "local" server, determinate by the the target ID.

In previous generations, region lock was done by matching a code in the software to one in the consoles firmware, locking to 1 code. PS3's region locking doesn't work like that. It's more accurate to call it "region denying". Instead of setting a single code to lock to, games can deny PS3s with certain target IDs from loading up the software.

And there you have it.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2012-11-09 at 21:50.
Old 2012-12-07, 23:34   Link #736
Nerroth
NePoi!

Persona 4 Arena won the Best Fighting Game award at this year's Video Game Awards.
Old 2012-12-08, 11:14   Link #737
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's certainly a nice thing to know. Was a pretty good game after all. Probably the only fighting game I ended up getting this year.
Old 2012-12-08, 12:56   Link #738
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Persona 4 Arena won the Best Fighting Game award at this year's Video Game Awards.
Did they show this award on TV though?
Old 2012-12-08, 15:20   Link #739
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I always tell this to my fellow newbie players. If you can't learn playing P4U, you won't learn how to play a fgame in any other game.

It's the easiest and with good fundamentals. Anyone seriously considering to steup on fgames, should not leave this game alone;
Old 2012-12-08, 23:55   Link #740
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Did they show this award on TV though?
Not that I noticed; I think it was an online update only.

Tags
fighting game, ps3