AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 14:48   Link #8801
trenton_dawn
Silt

It's already been established that 'Vintage' is defeated, but that they were just a pawn for a more powerful and mysterious group, 'Satyr' who apparently has influence all throughout New Hell. Although this person wears the generic uniform of soldiers from Hell, there's every reason to suspect that she is watching the Goddesses (whether spying for Satyr, the government of Hell, or some other reason, I don't know).

I suppose they could be searching for Keima as well; we have to assume that they know everything about Keima's relationship with the goddesses (thanks to Lune?).
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 07:33   Link #8802
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

The vests are equal to the Department of Health, the ones that had imprisoned Haqua.
Old 2013-08-31, 01:15   Link #8803
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Since TWGOK is full of foreshadowing, I have doubts that the Vintage spy was spying on the 2 goddess hosts. Spying on target who is alone like Kanon, Yui, or Tenri will be more acceptable if we're going by your assumption. Theres no point to stalk 2 hosts when you actually already know you have no chance of capturing unlike the hosts who are alone. Besides, at the start of the arc it is made known that the goddess are protecting Keima for the duration he's in the "past", so it makes more sense to think that Vintage is after Keima.
What? Made known to whom? Show me the place in the manga where Vintage even knows Keima exists.

Or are you assuming that the Vintage member knows everything you do as the reader?

By your logic, it also makes even less sense to stalk Keima since he is clearly not alone and now has not one, but two goddesses guarding him. Conversely, if the goddesses are the targets themselves, young Keima can't protect them in return.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 04:30   Link #8804
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What? Made known to whom? Show me the place in the manga where Vintage even knows Keima exists.

Or are you assuming that the Vintage member knows everything you do as the reader?

By your logic, it also makes even less sense to stalk Keima since he is clearly not alone and now has not one, but two goddesses guarding him. Conversely, if the goddesses are the targets themselves, young Keima can't protect them in return.
Vintage does know Keima exists since Dokuro's message at the start of the arc tells Haqua and Nora that the Runaway Spirit Squad is the true mastermind, so of course Keima's existence as Elsie's buddy is known to them and that he had a huge contribution for reviving the goddess.

Also I'll be correcting myself, instead of "Vintage" I should say it as "Satyr" as trenton_dawn said. And additionally since Satyr has many influence(RSS included), they can easily know of Keima's existence through Runaway Spirit Squad's record.
Old 2013-08-31, 05:06   Link #8805
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c241:
Old 2013-08-31, 07:19   Link #8806
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 241:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 07:34   Link #8807
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

well, at least we know Tenri always stand in Keima's side even if he kissed another girl
suitable partner for him... Marry her already!
QFT. After this arc started I began to like Tenri so so much more and I can now say she's easy at least the 2nd best girl, counting the goddesses. (First best being either Minerva, Apollo or Yui's goddess, I forget her name atm. Can't really decide. ) Not counting them, she's still second only to Yui.
Old 2013-08-31, 07:49   Link #8808
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Vintage does know Keima exists since Dokuro's message at the start of the arc tells Haqua and Nora that the Runaway Spirit Squad is the true mastermind, so of course Keima's existence as Elsie's buddy is known to them and that he had a huge contribution for reviving the goddess.

Also I'll be correcting myself, instead of "Vintage" I should say it as "Satyr" as trenton_dawn said. And additionally since Satyr has many influence(RSS included), they can easily know of Keima's existence through Runaway Spirit Squad's record.
Are you really telling me that Satyr is able to tell how important Keima is based on the Runaway Spirit Squad's reports?

Because if that's all they have to go on, you're only proving that they wouldn't know a thing about Keima.

The reports were largely falsified. Elsie is an idiot, while both Haqua and Nora explicity state that they lied and hid a majority of the truth from their superiors. Dokurou only knows because she is directly involved and had contact with Keima in the past.

Even Lune who was sharper than most in the organization was unable to directly pinpoint the goddess hosts, much less the fact that a human is the mastermind behind their revival.
Old 2013-08-31, 08:00   Link #8809
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

My memory blanked for a second, but who was the girl at the beginning of the chapter with the orb? Nice job by Tenri to be sticking up for Keima. Though Keima is in a big pinch now with Vintage showing up, he really needs to stop moping around, feels so out of character for him.
Old 2013-08-31, 08:04   Link #8810
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
My memory blanked for a second, but who was the girl at the beginning of the chapter with the orb? Nice job by Tenri to be sticking up for Keima. Though Keima is in a big pinch now with Vintage showing up, he really needs to stop moping around, feels so out of character for him.
Dokurou's flesh body.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:31   Link #8811
ChampDream
Alive

Tenri go to rescue Keima from Kaori and it look like Vintage is coming, I can't wait for next chapter
Old 2013-08-31, 19:33   Link #8812
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are you really telling me that Satyr is able to tell how important Keima is based on the Runaway Spirit Squad's reports?

Because if that's all they have to go on, you're only proving that they wouldn't know a thing about Keima.

The reports were largely falsified. Elsie is an idiot, while both Haqua and Nora explicity state that they lied and hid a majority of the truth from their superiors. Dokurou only knows because she is directly involved and had contact with Keima in the past.

Even Lune who was sharper than most in the organization was unable to directly pinpoint the goddess hosts, much less the fact that a human is the mastermind behind their revival.
To this point, we haven't see an actual move from Satyr so it can be assumed that they are still observing the current situation(the one spying on Keima could be Satyr's spy or whoever's spy). Besides Lune isn't Satyr, she's only an executive from Vintage proving that she's only a pawn of Satyr.

Last edited by NoirX; 2013-09-01 at 04:54.
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 00:05   Link #8813
Shadow5YA

Quote:
To this point, we haven't see an actual move from Satyr so it can be assumed that they are still observing the current situation(the one spying on Tsukiyo and Shiori could be Satyr's spy or whoever's spy). Besides Lune isn't Satyr, she's only an executive from Vintage proving that she's only a pawn of Satyr.
Of course. Even then, you admit that it's more likely that they're spying on Tsukiyo and Shiori than they are spying on Keima.
Old 2013-09-01, 03:45   Link #8814
trenton_dawn
Silt

At the end of the Goddess arc, Vintage already moved on all of Keima's former capture targets. This is because Vintage deciphered Haqua's true robe records from when they were rechecking the conquest targets and Lune had them. From there, they concluded that the Goddess hosts were potentially in those girls. We can tell this is true because they planned to attack Sumire, who Keima and Haqua did not recheck and whom Haqua was never originally involved with. Therefore the only reason they would suspect her is if they were already suspecting Keima's former conquest targets, as that is the only thing she has in common with the other girls. So Lune, who was responsible for ordering the capture of all the girls, is aware of Keima's existence and has some idea of his importance. Presumably she informed her superiors in Vintage (who would have informed their superiors in Satyr).

I'm inclined to think they would want to observe both goddess hosts and Keima. Also, whether or not they have the ability to apprehend Keima/goddesses doesn't really matter, they would still want to keep tabs on them.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 04:54   Link #8815
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
At the end of the Goddess arc, Vintage already moved on all of Keima's former capture targets. This is because Vintage deciphered Haqua's true robe records from when they were rechecking the conquest targets and Lune had them. From there, they concluded that the Goddess hosts were potentially in those girls. We can tell this is true because they planned to attack Sumire, who Keima and Haqua did not recheck and whom Haqua was never originally involved with. Therefore the only reason they would suspect her is if they were already suspecting Keima's former conquest targets, as that is the only thing she has in common with the other girls. So Lune, who was responsible for ordering the capture of all the girls, is aware of Keima's existence and has some idea of his importance. Presumably she informed her superiors in Vintage (who would have informed their superiors in Satyr).

I'm inclined to think they would want to observe both goddess hosts and Keima. Also, whether or not they have the ability to apprehend Keima/goddesses doesn't really matter, they would still want to keep tabs on them.
Adding to that, Lune also met Keima several times already when she is hunting for Ayumi and Chihiro so she should realize by then that Keima has a big role on saving the goddesses.

Also Shadow, I edited the post you're responding to. Made a mistake there when I said the observer was spying on Tsukiyo and Shiori, should've type Keima instead but for some reason I typed the girls name instead(might want to edit yours).
Old 2013-09-04, 05:28   Link #8816
Seiryuu

One thing didn't surprise me one bit a couple chaps earlier: the events that are currently being depicted in the anime have continued to haunt him, and it looks like it's reached a point where he's truly given up. He said at first that he was pretending to give up as part of his conquest plot, but once he saw Chihiro and Ayumi, and remembered the pain he'd caused there, he's truly decided that he quits. The collapse right now I suspect is specifically because he's given up on his mission. The question is, will he get back on his feet and get things going the right way again? Or perhaps might he actually try to defy time itself and create a new "ending"?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 14:09   Link #8817
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
One thing didn't surprise me one bit a couple chaps earlier: the events that are currently being depicted in the anime have continued to haunt him, and it looks like it's reached a point where he's truly given up. He said at first that he was pretending to give up as part of his conquest plot, but once he saw Chihiro and Ayumi, and remembered the pain he'd caused there, he's truly decided that he quits. The collapse right now I suspect is specifically because he's given up on his mission. The question is, will he get back on his feet and get things going the right way again? Or perhaps might he actually try to defy time itself and create a new "ending"?
Creating a new "ending" seems impossible since any route other than the one that doesn't connect the "past" to the present are being reset to starting point as evidenced by the previous resets. His sole mission is to connect the two separate version of worlds into one, so he can alter the "past" as he wants as long as it doesn't stray away from the present version of the world but might be impossible to make a new present.
Old 2013-09-06, 06:13   Link #8818
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Great, another week of nothing.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:08   Link #8819
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Tenri ending for the win

Tenri will steal Keima's heart in this arc... then Keima will confess for real to Tenri when he came back to the future

nothing significant happen in this episode... but it's little enjoyable because of seeing Keima's surprised face
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:31   Link #8820
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Tenri is a brave little girl.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen