AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 04:11   Link #41
neshru

fun how everyone is bitching and moaning when the special was actually good...
And maybe people here are too stupid to realize that sooner or later, fillers would be needed. They are not going to make it to the end without fillers, no matter how slow the pace is. And unlike bleach, they are adding filler where it actually makes sense.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 04:52   Link #42
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
fun how everyone is bitching and moaning when the special was actually good...
And maybe people here are too stupid to realize that sooner or later, fillers would be needed. They are not going to make it to the end without fillers, no matter how slow the pace is. And unlike bleach, they are adding filler where it actually makes sense.
Yep oddly enough, they are. They added them during the time leep, and even now there's a somewhat small time leep that they are adding them in, so they all fit within the timespan. Bleach's filler never really fit in with the timeline, though some of them were better, but then Naruto had it's fair share of good fillers (nekid Hinata anyone?)

And the special really was good for whoever watched it.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 05:24   Link #43
filthydani

are the fillers going to stay for 2 years like before?
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 06:08   Link #44
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Actually having fillers at this point might be a good thing. Maybe anime team realized that their naruto popularity has dropped due to many fillerish scenes in the regular episodes. So Who knows. Maybe they are adding filler arcs, so that they can release the regular episodes with less anoying staring contests.

Lets be optimistic .
Old 2008-04-04, 06:29   Link #45
filthydani

i dont think that will happen, the more the story gets closer to the end the worse it will get, even if they put alot of fillers, they will stretch the story as much as possible, i think the best thing to do is wait 6-7 years till the anime is finished and then start downloading all the episodes at once
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 06:36   Link #46
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Surprisingly, I thought this episode was really nice. Nothing spectacular but comparatively to the shippuuden eps of late, it was decent.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:01   Link #47
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
are the fillers going to stay for 2 years like before?
Probably not, in fact I expect the next arc to be only "half-fillerish".
The part with Kakashi talking about a new form of training comes from the manga as well as the preview for the next episode.
My guess is they will be milking out the training and gave a little side story with Asuma, Kurenai, Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji while showing the cannon new training of Naruto and then resume with the manga storyline that isn't Naruto's training.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:23   Link #48
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Looking forward to the filler to be honest. If they can make up their own material then they can pace the show however they want, and hopefully that will be at the descent pace that the original series managed to keep (well, at least some of the time).

So maybe just maybe, it'll actually be worth a watch again, even if only for these damned filler arcs. I'll be looking forward to a fight scene with more than 1 punch per episode.
Formely_anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:33   Link #49
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think the purpose of the filler is to give the other team more screen time in comparison to the manga, thats the only reason I can think of. They might do the same with Hinata's team as well.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 07:40   Link #50
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I am not watching Naruto ever again....
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 08:08   Link #51
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Probably not, in fact I expect the next arc to be only "half-fillerish".
The part with Kakashi talking about a new form of training comes from the manga as well as the preview for the next episode.
My guess is they will be milking out the training and gave a little side story with Asuma, Kurenai, Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji while showing the cannon new training of Naruto and then resume with the manga storyline that isn't Naruto's training.
wouldnt that be what they had already been doing *_*? well at least instead of staring contest, we will see Naruto/sakura train. Better than nothing.

But any ways, Does it start from episode 54 or 55?

That said, Today's episode was actually good. Few funny moments, and On top of that The COOOL Sasuke talked few more words. Man, why wouldnt they just show Sasuke's training as fillers instead of naruto. Naruto is too boring.
Old 2008-04-04, 08:09   Link #52
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
I am not watching Naruto ever again....
Then why do you still have an emo sasuke sig?

I wouldn't mind fillers if they provide good action anime. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen since it's going to make the action of the non-filler episodes less exciting.

Although the story in shippuuden is very slow, the action isn't bad. The scene where Sakura and the Old lady took on a lot of puppets was great. I kept saying "Oh Shet Oh crap! No way! OMG!" Pure Awesomeness.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 08:23   Link #53
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Then why do you still have an emo sasuke sig?
do you need to ask? He is just hot

change the sig to Hitsugaya .... its better :P
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 09:09   Link #54
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
But any ways, Does it start from episode 54 or 55?
The filler story starts in episode 54, even though most of the episode is canon. Also, judging from the preview, episode 55 will cover at least 2 manga chapters.
Old 2008-04-04, 09:22   Link #55
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

hmm...wonder why they only have Ep53 up and not 54...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 10:18   Link #56
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
I would remove that if I were you.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-04 at 12:57.
Mangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 10:28   Link #57
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
I would remove that if I were you.
then why did you quote me, genius?

Well, I modified it. Now I would remove your link, if I were you.
Old 2008-04-04, 13:01   Link #58
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

One would think that if they badly needed material they could have animated Kakashi Gaiden. Or have they addressed the reason as to why they chose not to animate it yet?

On the other hand Quashoko made a good point about the possible reason for these coming fillers.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 13:28   Link #59
FuzzyWuzzy

Blah, Naruto got owned again by Sasuke. Well I haven't read the manga but it looks like it will be the same plot or same thing will happen in the Naruto vs Sasuke rivalry which is in the near future Sasuke will be defeated by a powerful opponent then he watches Naruto pwn that opponent while Sasuke is powerless to do anything just like the Gaara fight.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 14:01   Link #60
mrsticky005
Banned

wait a minute if the next Shippuden episodes are suppose to be fillers does that mean we're going to have to wait for the Shikamaru v. Hidan arc?
Please don't tell me we will because that was one of the best darn story arc of the entire series! The manga is already way ahead of the anime they don't need any more time to catch up.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote