AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-13, 05:55   Link #1521
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

XSEED managed to leave everything intact with the Senran Kagura games, even for that Dekomori ones, so I hope it won't be censored.
Old 2014-08-14, 17:02   Link #1522
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Megami gameplay videos

btw. I've been wondering why NIS and GUST were missing from the re;birth games, coupled with IFI becoming the publisher for the game. Has something happened?
Old 2014-08-22, 07:36   Link #1523
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

more character gameplay (CPU Candidates, Famitsu, and Dengekiko).
Old 2014-08-24, 20:53   Link #1524
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
btw. I've been wondering why NIS and GUST were missing from the re;birth games, coupled with IFI becoming the publisher for the game. Has something happened?
I've been wondering this for a little while myself, though I don't think we'll ever find out the exact reason.
Considering Nippon Ichi and Gust haven't been involved in the development of the Neptunia games since mk2, I'm not too surprised they're not in Re;Birth1 or Re;Birth2.
The change in publisher/localiser from NISA to IFI could simply be a desire by the heads of Idea Factory to bring the translation, localisation and distribution duties in-house (saving money/boosting profit?). Although, since Re;Birth1 won't be getting a retail version when it's released in the European region (and where I live, it's under the jurisdiction of SCE Europe), it's most likely annoyed some people.
One thing that is almost certain to happen is that the localisation of the script should be closer to the original than what NISA has done before (such as the reduction of Blanc's colourful cussing -e.g. "Miyamoto's razer-blade *******"- which I will miss a little).
Old 2014-08-26, 03:30   Link #1525
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I'm hoping, like Senran Kagura, it does get localised. I'm tad concerned they'll have to censor it though if it does happen. It also most likely won't happen until Re;Birth2 and Noire's game get localised first.

Also, quick addendum about Dengekiko's and Famitsu-chan's roles in Neptune U.
It's going to get localized, unlike Yakuza which is proof Japan hates the gamers who want a good game.
Old 2014-08-26, 15:42   Link #1526
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
It's going to get localized, unlike Yakuza which is proof Japan hates the gamers who want a good game.
Nope, it just shows how Sega has been pissing on it's fans for quite some time now
Old 2014-08-27, 22:15   Link #1527
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've been wondering this for a little while myself, though I don't think we'll ever find out the exact reason.
Considering Nippon Ichi and Gust haven't been involved in the development of the Neptunia games since mk2, I'm not too surprised they're not in Re;Birth1 or Re;Birth2.
The change in publisher/localiser from NISA to IFI could simply be a desire by the heads of Idea Factory to bring the translation, localisation and distribution duties in-house (saving money/boosting profit?). Although, since Re;Birth1 won't be getting a retail version when it's released in the European region (and where I live, it's under the jurisdiction of SCE Europe), it's most likely annoyed some people.
One thing that is almost certain to happen is that the localisation of the script should be closer to the original than what NISA has done before (such as the reduction of Blanc's colourful cussing -e.g. "Miyamoto's razer-blade *******"- which I will miss a little).
I see... I've never heard about them not involved since mk2. Probably this is related to "the series wasn't meant to continue since the first game" Hooves was talking about several pages back. I thought there are some company-related problems such as RED-chan's disappearance in mk2 (due to RED Entertainment was merged with another company, which I forgot... though I don't know why she could return again, lol )

Haha yeah. Personally I'm more of a fan of "direct" translations but I admit NISA's really know how to make people laugh. Now that I think about it, it's quite a contradictory because it seems that the series lean more into the comedy aspect since Victory so NISA's translation would be more fitting IMO.
--------------------

Meanwhile, H dimension trailer of Neptune VII:

Old 2014-08-27, 23:43   Link #1528
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

When I think about it, there's always that issue when you're using a company's name and personifying them, huh? I assume that the rights to character itself are owned by the company that the character is designed after, if NISA's (Nippon Ichi) appearance in the Disgaea games and Gust's minor appearance on the company's website is anything to go by...

On another note, there's been quite a bit of Nep-Nep related stuff in the past two days, huh?
- Neptunia Re;Birth1 released in NA and EU regions, along with DLC that boosts the maximum level, plus Plutia, Peashy and Histoire as playable characters.
- Neptune U released in Japan.
- HYPER DIMENSION NEPTUNE SHARE COMPLETE DISCS finally getting released after a few delays. I'll see if I can't get some pictures up when I get it, but I probably won't receive it until early next week.
- Then there's also Asami Imai's song for the opening of Neptune U, Venus no Harmonia that released. From what I know, the Neptune U collab edition contains a DLC code for the game.

A new issue of Dengeki PlayStation was released this morning as well:

NSFW
Contains panty shots, you have been warned!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-08-27, 23:58   Link #1529
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nope, it just shows how Sega has been pissing on it's fans for quite some time now
This series doesnt promote confidence int the western markets neither.
Old 2014-08-28, 09:43   Link #1530
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
When I think about it, there's always that issue when you're using a company's name and personifying them, huh? I assume that the rights to character itself are owned by the company that the character is designed after, if NISA's (Nippon Ichi) appearance in the Disgaea games and Gust's minor appearance on the company's website is anything to go by...
It is. Licensing issues and stuffs... that's why I thought something might happened with the partnership of CH and those two companies.

Quote:
On another note, there's been quite a bit of Nep-Nep related stuff in the past two days, huh?
Yup, and recently it's been confirmed that Re;birth2 is getting a western release as well. I guess it's safe to assume that Neptune U will follow suit too. Aw, now I wish I have a Vita *and still hoping for the PC release rumor to be true, lol *
Old 2014-08-28, 11:38   Link #1531
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Aw, now I wish I have a Vita *and still hoping for the PC release rumor to be true, lol *
It seems that all five Neptunia Vita games work on the PlayStation (Vita) TV, in Japan, at least. So that may be worth keeping an eye on once the PSTV launches in other territories later in the year.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-08-28 at 23:36.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 22:02   Link #1532
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Yup, and recently it's been confirmed that Re;birth2 is getting a western release as well. I guess it's safe to assume that Neptune U will follow suit too. Aw, now I wish I have a Vita *and still hoping for the PC release rumor to be true, lol *
That's good to hear! I also hear that Re;Birth2 is also getting a retail version in the EU this time around as well.
As Nerroth mentioned, it might be a good idea to have a look at the PlayStation TV (PS Vita TV) since it's relatively cheaper than the Vita itself, although you do sacrifice portability (and if you decide to buy more games digitally, then the cost of a Vita memory card will also factor in).
The other main caveat is that you can't use a PSN account from outside the regions where the PS Vita TV is available - which, as far as I'm aware, is currently Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines (so you can't use a US PSN account on a PS Vita TV... yet).
Old 2014-08-29, 02:51   Link #1533
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
That's good to hear! I also hear that Re;Birth2 is also getting a retail version in the EU this time around as well.
As Nerroth mentioned, it might be a good idea to have a look at the PlayStation TV (PS Vita TV) since it's relatively cheaper than the Vita itself, although you do sacrifice portability (and if you decide to buy more games digitally, then the cost of a Vita memory card will also factor in).
The other main caveat is that you can't use a PSN account from outside the regions where the PS Vita TV is available - which, as far as I'm aware, is currently Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines (so you can't use a US PSN account on a PS Vita TV... yet).
The Vita TV releases in Europe in October (and I think the US as well but not sure) so it's only a matter of waiting a few months.
Old 2014-08-30, 00:50   Link #1534
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
The Vita TV releases in Europe in October (and I think the US as well but not sure) so it's only a matter of waiting a few months.
Oh I'll be getting one, it'll be the perfect companion alongside the PS4...
Only problem is, the US is getting it October 14, and Europe (and where I live) a month later.

If any else has Re;Birth1 at the moment, what are your thoughts on it so far?
Old 2014-08-30, 12:13   Link #1535
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Oh I'll be getting one, it'll be the perfect companion alongside the PS4...
Only problem is, the US is getting it October 14, and Europe (and where I live) a month later.

If any else has Re;Birth1 at the moment, what are your thoughts on it so far?
I'm getting one as well. I was almost pulling the trigger on a Japanese version at release when the region-lock bombshell dropped so you can be damned sure I'm picking one up now.

As for Re:Birth1 I have it and it's been very enjoyable so far. I can't compare it to the original since I haven't played it but the turn based combat feels very satisfying and the game overall looks very polished. The VN-style plot development looks great, the humor and fourth-wall breaking is hilarious and overall looks an awful lot better than Producing Perfection

On the other hand I noticed quite a few differences between the japanese voices and the related text. Clearly the text is based on the dub which was heavily localized but I have to admit: some of the jokes added are great (which I something I hardly ever say).

Speaking of voices: so far every character in the main storyline has been fully voiced. No issues there.

PS: I'm playing with Japanese voices obviously.
Old 2014-08-30, 12:50   Link #1536
Cyprene

I'm in... chapter 6? 7?
It's a fun little game, but the difficulty spikes are irritating, there's a lot of level-grinding, and I'm honestly stuck. There's a part where Neptune gets stripped of her powers and you have to fight a tough boss, and I'm having a miserable time with it. I need to level, but I can't find a good spot to do it.

I don't know if I could recommend the game to anybody who wasn't a fan of the series already.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 08:39   Link #1537
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
I'm getting one as well. I was almost pulling the trigger on a Japanese version at release when the region-lock bombshell dropped so you can be damned sure I'm picking one up now.
The only lock on the vita TV was for the PSN account, so a US or EU account wouldn't have worked on the Japanese version (also there's only a game card slot on it, so you'll be stuck with the internal memory for storage).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 08:59   Link #1538
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
The only lock on the vita TV was for the PSN account, so a US or EU account wouldn't have worked on the Japanese version (also there's only a game card slot on it, so you'll be stuck with the internal memory for storage).
Considering most European releases have been digital only lately that's about as effective as region locked cards though

Back to Re:Birth1: I've been cracking up with the references but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't pull a Seyuu joke with Noire and the meeting with MAGES. It's probably the organization's fault!
Old 2014-08-31, 21:57   Link #1539
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Hang on, the Vita TV definitely has a slot for Vita Memory Cards. For reference, here's the manual.

I'm enjoying Re;Birth1 thus far, though I definitely agree that the game can be quite challenging (and downright annoying at times thanks to battling 2-3 bosses in a row at several instances). It does look as though the "Weaken Enemies" plan has a good effect, so I've kept it on for now.
When I think about it, the Remake System is essentially an expanded version of the item crafting system (with some elements of the scouting system from Victory) in the previous titles.
Old 2014-08-31, 22:06   Link #1540
Cyprene

I've been playing without weakened enemies... which I may change.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg