AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-12, 08:30   Link #101
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay, what's up with the complaints for the character art? I'm not seeing it.
The characters don't look as good in this episode... From the preview, they look nicer in the next episode though. (though that probably doesn't answer your question... but I don't know how to put it =P)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-12, 09:15   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So we finally got some progress with the girls and some adult advice from non other than MAgery Daw? WTF but at least it helped and even Shana has calmed down a bit and accepted things as they are and even went back to training.

So they actually gave Ike his own episode called Ike Glorious Day. Sigh we all know hes going to fail. Hoenstly Ike is the only one left out of all the events from Season 1. Kazumi has shown no interest in Ike in a romantic fashion at all she is still head over for Yuji, even if he confesses im sure she will turn him down now and only look at him later on if Yuji is clear he likes Shana and that opens a path for Ike to try again and her being more receptive because the Yuji option is not there anymore. So even if something were to happen it would feel rushed and not realistic. I dont put faith in episode titles but Slice of Life SHana is honestly starting to drag on me a bit. I still love the show but i really want to get back on track theres only so much of Days of our Shana i think we all can take.
Old 2007-11-12, 10:08   Link #103
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I still love the show but i really want to get back on track theres only so much of Days of our Shana i think we all can take.
Shouldn't that be Days of Konoe?
Old 2007-11-12, 10:23   Link #104
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Shouldn't that be Days of Konoe?
More like The Young and the Restless
Old 2007-11-12, 10:28   Link #105
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I still don't understand the absurd nature of just walking Konoe to school and the 400 things Yuji (the man with a pile of rocks for a brain) does for her. If I see her tug on his shirt one more time I'm going to backhand the both of them. Instead of saying "She needs help," he should be asking, "WHY DOES SHE NEED HELP?" She's a human being, not a fucking puppy, the next thing you know Yuji's going to be cleaning up her 'little accidents' and taking her out for walks. Even with anime being as crazy as it is, I just can't suspend my belief, or sense of realism into accepting that Konoe needs this much god damn help to get around during the day. It's an absolutely horrible plot device if you ask me.

And this emo jealousy crap is done with thanks to the character who's had the least amount of time thus far, and has literally spent the entireity of said screen time on a couch, drunk of her ass? Oooookkkkkk.

Marg: Yeah, so you have to accept the feelings of the one you're in love with, then you won't have your ugly ass side leaking out.

Shana: Aight.

Yoshida. Word up.

Shana & Yoshida: Let's both accept the fact that Yuji is a fucking moron!

END EPISODE

Bah.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-12, 10:52   Link #106
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
More like The Young and the Restless
Hell why not The Young and the Dumb or Guiding Konoe
Old 2007-11-12, 11:09   Link #107
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So we finally got some progress with the girls and some adult advice from non other than MAgery Daw? WTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
And this emo jealousy crap is done with thanks to the character who's had the least amount of time thus far, and has literally spent the entireity of said screen time on a couch, drunk of her ass? Oooookkkkkk.
This isn't the first time Margery's given love advice to Omega-chan. Remember the hot springs OVA? This shouldn't come as a surprise.
Old 2007-11-12, 13:42   Link #108
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Master Chibi - I bow down before you. That post was masterful

The whole thing about SnS in general that gets me is these sudden changes to how a character is built up. For example you will always hear me go on about the S1 Yuji at festival scene. Now here we have 2 girls who spent *beep* knows how much time angsting and being jealous and suddenly at a drop of a hat they are fine again.... What the wise drunken bum said made sense, but it wasn't that inspiring.
Old 2007-11-12, 14:08   Link #109
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Could Margery be considered what Yoda would be like if he had large breasts a talking book and couldnt stay off the sauce?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-12 at 16:05.
Old 2007-11-12, 14:57   Link #110
Simplistic

if there is even a third season.
Old 2007-11-12, 17:33   Link #111
Kisuke06
I see...

Shakugan no Shana is just turning into a generic romance show... I'm loosing my interest.
Old 2007-11-12, 17:49   Link #112
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sinclair View Post
Hmm. Where in the series do they show that Yuuji is "unsure" about anything regarding his feelings? There hasn't been any indication of what he is consciously thinking in regards to Yoshida, and he has just been blandly nice to her as always. Right now it appears as if he is totally ignoring that the confession happened. But I never got the impression from the writers that they're making him act that way as part of the plot...more like they're just being lazy. Not just about Yoshida but to the other haremettes, too: we don't get much conscious thought from Yuuji at all concerning any potential love interest. And not that he's incapable of romance; again the writers are shafting him.

Maybe I'm just frustrated that Yuuji isn't a more dynamic character. I would like SnS much more if Yuuji weren't so generic and airheaded. Seriously, make him a Kyon or something for all I care just to spice things up. Why must the humans in this show be so uninteresting??
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Uh, okay. So Kazumi confessed to Yuji. I know Yuji cares about Kazumi to some extent, but knowing this, he's still unsure about his feelings to anyone, so how is he supposed to act toward Kazumi?
I actually think Yuuji, even with his abnormal denseness the last couple of eps., is still one of the more interesting anime leads out there. He figures out the dream sequences pretty quick early in this season, and there's an interesting conflict between him and Shana about how far she should go in testing Konoe. Him not picking up on why Shana and Kazumi were upset in ep. 4-6 was a bit lame, but I'll forgive the writers for this slip-up. And in 6, Yuuji was doing better; he was trying to disengage from Konoe, only to be sabotaged by his own congenital niceness. His reaction to Shana coming back to training was also spot-on; I think Yuuji sorta unconsciously knows that for Shana, training in a strange way is her best way of expressing affection, and instead of getting sappy on her return, he got ready to train. And in his defense, everyone has been dense the last couple of eps except Ike--you'd think Ogata would have figured out what was going on also, while Shana and Yoshida were in my view acting even more lamely than was Yuuji.

I also don't mind Yuuji's lack of action regarding Kazumi. I think Yuuji appreciates her confession, and he *does* care about her to some extent, but I think his own feelings for Shana are so unresolved that he's generally confused. I think he realizes the difficulty of the situation; remember the time in ep. 2 I think where he tried to refuse Kazumi's Bento; Ike made him accept it, which in my view was actually a mistake for all parties concerned (including the knucklehead Ike), but here again is an example of Yuuji's congenital niceness causing problems.

And I think we've gotten enough of an insight into Yuuji's head to know where his heart really lies. He accepts Shana's bento enthusiastically, right after trying to refuse Yoshida's; he's obviously disappointed when she denies the confession from season 1, which feeds into his feeling that it's "obvious" Shana doesn't see him as anything more than an esteemed comrade; and he nearly glows when Shana praises him for detecting the lame wheelie tomogara.
Old 2007-11-12, 17:51   Link #113
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sinclair View Post
They definitely skipped out on the "oh no confession awkward" scenes that should have followed, or I totally missed something in S1. It's like it never happened....
But you know, it`s kinda obvious.

First, it`s like this in RL too. I know from autopsy that if you confess to someone and get turned down, you HAVE to foget about it and act like it never happened to not break the bonds between you and that other person.

Second, if there were "zOMG awkward" moments, communication between Kazumi and Yuuji (and Shana, and other people) would be almost impossible. As I stated above, their bond would totally be broken. I know, he hasn`t even answered her. But the lack of answer is the worst kind of refusal.

Besides, he loves Shana (or so we all think), so it`s kinda obvious he hasn`t answered her.
Old 2007-11-12, 19:26   Link #114
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I also don't mind Yuuji's lack of action regarding Kazumi. I think Yuuji appreciates her confession, and he *does* care about her to some extent, but I think his own feelings for Shana are so unresolved that he's generally confused. I think he realizes the difficulty of the situation; remember the time in ep. 2 I think where he tried to refuse Kazumi's Bento; Ike made him accept it, which in my view was actually a mistake for all parties concerned (including the knucklehead Ike), but here again is an example of Yuuji's congenital niceness causing problems.
Well Ike was trying to exhibit some sense of pride and competition.. He probably didn't want to win over Yoshida's heart by yuji feeling sorry for him...... i would tend to agree....

Quote:
And I think we've gotten enough of an insight into Yuuji's head to know where his heart really lies. He accepts Shana's bento enthusiastically, right after trying to refuse Yoshida's; he's obviously disappointed when she denies the confession from season 1, which feeds into his feeling that it's "obvious" Shana doesn't see him as anything more than an esteemed comrade; and he nearly glows when Shana praises him for detecting the lame wheelie tomogara.
Yuji indeed leans more towards shana but that's probably because of the fact that having a normal relationship with a human is near impossible now..... He becomes closer to Shana realising that he may have to leave the city one day when people start to notice he doesn't age at all... That doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for Shana, it just makes me feel that he really doesn't have alot of options, it was obviously Shana or nothing...
Old 2007-11-12, 20:38   Link #115
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
You know, if only there was one episode in Shakugan no Shana that reminds me of Dancing with the Stars...
Old 2007-11-12, 22:02   Link #116
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
we should stop discussing the last 3 episodes and the next lets sayyy 7 I don't see a point anymore
Old 2007-11-12, 22:12   Link #117
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well Ike was trying to exhibit some sense of pride and competition.. He probably didn't want to win over Yoshida's heart by yuji feeling sorry for him...... i would tend to agree....

Yuji indeed leans more towards shana but that's probably because of the fact that having a normal relationship with a human is near impossible now..... He becomes closer to Shana realising that he may have to leave the city one day when people start to notice he doesn't age at all... That doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for Shana, it just makes me feel that he really doesn't have alot of options, it was obviously Shana or nothing...
Well, I think Yuuji should stop accepting the bento, because it strikes me as inappropriate, unless he were actually dating Kazumi. Maybe making lunches for non-family members is ordinary in Japanese high schools, but it strikes me as way too loaded a form of interaction, and it gives Yoshida false hope. That was, after all, Ike's point in season 1. Now that I think about it, though Yoshida would probably be really upset by this, and it's not like she has any other way of showing her affection for Yuuji--unlike Shana who always has training and fighting to fall back on.

Anyhow, regardless, what needs to happen eventually is Shana needs to be honest about her feelings, and Yuuji just needs to choose her over Kazumi. Presumably that'll happen at the end of the series.

I think you're understating Yuuji's affections for Shana. It's clear he finds her attractive as early as ep. 4 in season 1, and before he finds out about the reiji maigo, there's all the business about meeting a girl who would always remember him. And then there was the kiss he clearly wanted, but didn't get during the twins arc. All of this is well before he decided to leave the city.
Old 2007-11-12, 22:33   Link #118
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I think you're understating Yuuji's affections for Shana. It's clear he finds her attractive as early as ep. 4 in season 1, and before he finds out about the reiji maigo, there's all the business about meeting a girl who would always remember him. And then there was the kiss he clearly wanted, but didn't get during the twins arc. All of this is well before he decided to leave the city.
Haha... sweet memory. I maranthoned Shana season 1 at the end of winter this year and was watching that arc wondering the whole time what she would do when that arc ended XD ... although I was pretty sure that wouldn't happen =/

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-11-12, 23:21   Link #119
DeotoxSlayer

We'll at least episode 7 will end the Konoe Fumina Arc, the next Arc is supposed to be about Margery Daw wonder wats gunna happen in tht ARc, though wat I'm really wonderin is when they're actually gunna include more stuff from the novels, and Pheles in season 2.
Old 2007-11-13, 00:39   Link #120
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
We'll at least episode 7 will end the Konoe Fumina Arc, the next Arc is supposed to be about Margery Daw wonder wats gunna happen in tht ARc, though wat I'm really wonderin is when they're actually gunna include more stuff from the novels, and Pheles in season 2.
Nothing is said to end her arc, but there will be different focuses.

And from what it seems:

Spoiler for The Margery Daw episode:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread