AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-23, 17:29   Link #661
Bombo
TSF Fans

I started to watch this series now and I couldn't stop laughing from ep3 with Sakai and stalker Ï DON'T ....MONEY " XD
I love tari tari <3 and thanks to Triple R
to tell me about it .

Last edited by Bombo; 2012-07-23 at 17:58.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 19:47   Link #662
Somnus
Eh?

Only 4 episodes in and Sawa is about to dominate my list of favourite female characters. She's bloody fantastic. That bit at the beginning? Priceless. I must have an avatar of that soon.

Another strong showing by Tari Tari, with too many enjoyable moments throughout. More memorable ones include:

- The Condor Queen's tribute to Wakana's Mother

- Konatsu's admiration of the band (and wanting to stay in their camper, haha)

- Butt-slap festival

- Everything involving Sawa

And lastly, Wakana in a bikini! When she was first shown on screen I literally said, "Who is THIS??", only to be surprised at the answer a second later. Bravo, Wakana. I was not expecting such a treat.

So many shows I enjoy this season. Bring on next week!
Old 2012-07-24, 00:15   Link #663
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Wein continues to steal the show for me with his antics, but I can't help but feel there's going to be a rough culmination soon on his character. He's still completely out of place in every respect and acts like a do-anything superhero. Just following his character, he's never turned down anything and tries his best at whatever he's given but the cast seems to... still be ignoring him.
Well, as you say, Wein's issue is that there's nothing in particular that he wants. This, combined with how he is the newcomer of the group by sheer virtue of how he was out of Japan for 12 years, means that he's just kind of there.

Taichi's love of badminton, for example, forced Konatsu to focus a bit on him and arrive at an acceptable compromise. If not for that, there would have been hardly any significant interaction whatsoever between the male and female sides of this five-person group.

Basically, Wein needs to be given a goal/purpose aside from simply being a helpful friend.

All of that being said, I'm with you - I think that Wein has been great. I certainly hope that the group won't take him for granted forever, and will eventually start to at least show thanks to him for being such a helpful friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I started to watch this series now and I couldn't stop laughing from ep3 with Sakai and stalker Ï DON'T ....MONEY " XD
I love tari tari <3 and thanks to Triple R
to tell me about it .
You're welcome! Good to have more viewers onboard. This show deserves the love.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:38   Link #664
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
...Has the cover for the OP single been revealed yet? I feel like buying this one.

On the "goods" page of the official site, they have gone so far as to offer a T-shirt (from COSPA) for 3000 Yen:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-24 at 02:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:12   Link #665
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So that's what the OP song pic looks like. I just saw that not to long ago and thought that was some promotional art for the anime, well it is in its own way... Looks neat, and does the shirt say: Cheer up, Cry, and sometimes Song, Sony or Sing, I don't know. Ugh, my eyes suck. Either way I want one of those, better start saving up!
Old 2012-07-24, 02:37   Link #666
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Nice cover! I think I'll get single soon.

EP 4 was great though. It's nice that the story is not lagging. The pacing is fine though.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 06:28   Link #667
Arya

This episode was gorgeous. First I have to agree that Sawa rules the show. She is out of anyone else league. Waiting for Wakana that I guess will shine soon enough. And I have to say, don't hate me, that I keep not liking Konatsu for her being annoying and shallow with her issues, sort of a reverse version of Ohana. I'm really glad Sawa scolded her. In the meanwhile Wakana had to take care of the rest. But in her defense the butt-slap moments were awesome, but not as much as the dancing chibi Konatsu.
Anyways the girl movement animations in this show are awesome, dancing, chibi-dancing, butt slapping, dodging butt-slaps etc etc. As expected from P.A. Works.
Taichi seems starting to be aware of Sawa, we can't say the same for Wakana to Wein. But so far he needs to be shaped more as a character to be noted I guess. And I need to shake off my first (and second) impression of him
Anyways I don't think this show will rise heavy romance complications, but hints of it, or straight romance sub sub stories at best.
For that reason I'm not comparing it to Kokoro Connect, a series that seems to be romance/drama oriented. Nor to Hyouka because, well, let say that I don't find it interesting, except for Irisu.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 06:54   Link #668
wontaek

While I have many issues with the Vice Principal's handling of the choir, I do like the singing of the lead heroines. They sound as if they received some classical vocal training. Anyway to confirm this? ( Please note that there exist some notable difference in classical music's vocal training and popular music's vocal training )
Old 2012-07-24, 07:14   Link #669
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
While I have many issues with the Vice Principal's handling of the choir, I do like the singing of the lead heroines. They sound as if they received some classical vocal training. Anyway to confirm this? ( Please note that there exist some notable difference in classical music's vocal training and popular music's vocal training )
When Ayahi (Wakana) finally decides to sing, I'm half expecting her to whip out something like this.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:31   Link #670
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Official site updated today to mention that there will be an album released on September 26 compiling the insert songs sung in the series. (Yes, that includes the True Tears chorus). It'll also have the not-complete ED versions and the Condor Queens's hit Amigo! Amigo!.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 09:17   Link #671
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
While I have many issues with the Vice Principal's handling of the choir, I do like the singing of the lead heroines. They sound as if they received some classical vocal training. Anyway to confirm this?
Don't think Seto or Hayami have but they both have a reputation for being good singers, Takagaki comes from a music school and majored in opera singing so she's got training (as pocari sweat's link shows even if the song's a bit out there lol),I'm really fustrated we havn't heard her yet because Wakana hasn't sung yet.

Here's something more conventional

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by totoum; 2012-07-24 at 09:34.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 14:49   Link #672
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well here is something I quickly made:

Images
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 15:44   Link #673
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Well here is something I quickly made:

Images
The amount of moe is too damn high!
Old 2012-07-24, 21:08   Link #674
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Don't think Seto or Hayami have but they both have a reputation for being good singers, Takagaki comes from a music school and majored in opera singing so she's got training (as pocari sweat's link shows even if the song's a bit out there lol),I'm really fustrated we havn't heard her yet because Wakana hasn't sung yet.
Hayamin went to a famous Catholic girls' school called White Lily Academy (Shirayuri Gakuen) from kindergarten into high school. The school could have been the model for the school in Marimite. I suspect she was involved in choir, even though her main focus was piano. In high school, she sometimes went to jazz singing classes her mother was taking. In my opinion, she has one of the most beautiful -- or at least sweetest -- voices in the world, when she gets a chance to show it without it being drowned out by the arrangement.

I'm looking forward to hearing Ayahime, too. She has a college degree in vocal music, apparently specializing in opera. She did theme music for Requiem for the Phantom, singing songs written by Kokia almost as well as Kokia herself. I prefer those to the full-on opera-like style you posted (for which, thanks). Here are Ayahi and Hayamin singing an ED from Sora no Otoshimono. Ayahi hits the high notes, Hayamin has the intimate sweetness.

And this is off-topic, but I'm going to link to my blog post that shows the animated music video of Yuuki Aoi singing one of the songs on DECO*27's new album. I was totally amazed. I thought her album in March was good, but this is great. Maybe she has been going to karaoke with her radio partner Hayami Saori. Although "sweet" would not be my description of Ao-chan's singing voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-07-24, 21:51   Link #675
Somnus
Eh?

After re-watching the latest episode, I have to say that mismatched cheer is one of the greatest moments of all time.
Old 2012-07-24, 22:14   Link #676
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Official site updated today to mention that there will be an album released on September 26 compiling the insert songs sung in the series. (Yes, that includes the True Tears chorus). It'll also have the not-complete ED versions and the Condor Queens's hit Amigo! Amigo!.
September 26th huh... I've got that marked on my calendar! I can't wait to hear the full True Tears insert from episode 1, it still gives me the chills just hearing it.

Oh yes, didn't you know there's a manga currently released about this series already? Neat! This series is getting so much love, I like this!
Old 2012-07-24, 22:49   Link #677
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks to a Japanese fan, NicoNico, Crunchyroll, and Cowboy Bibimbop, here is a video of said fan making a pilgrimage to Tari Tari's sacred places, at Enoshima.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:06   Link #678
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The OST is worth getting even for the Reflectia choral version alone, and the rest of the BGM hasn't disappointed so far.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-07-25 at 00:11.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:11   Link #679
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Really awesome! Specially the part in episode 3 at 1:47 to 1:51, that was ironically brilliant. Thanks for sharing, it's already been 4 episodes and people are showing their love and appreciation for this series in unique and creative ways. It's such an amazing feeling.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:42   Link #680
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

Here's something more conventional

NicoNico
That's very impressive. Not only her singing voice (which is impressive itself), but the fact she sung the entire song in English without even a touch of Engrish, really. Thanks for sharing!

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works