AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 138 42.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 18.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 52 15.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 8.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-03, 11:17   Link #1001
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Cornelia wants to expose geass to the world though, something that Charles and V.V don't seem to be too keen on doing. If anything they are on a similar boat as Lelouch if Geass does get revealed, at the very least their interest in those ruins would be exposed.
If Cornelia succeeds, and the world finds out about Geass, and that Zero has one, I wonder if he'd lose control of the OotBK due to mistrust? There'd probably have to be a season 3 then, since this season would end up being an "Empire strikes back" kind of season.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:08   Link #1002
m1thril

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
If Cornelia succeeds, and the world finds out about Geass, and that Zero has one, I wonder if he'd lose control of the OotBK due to mistrust? There'd probably have to be a season 3 then, since this season would end up being an "Empire strikes back" kind of season.
no i don't think they would care. it's already been implied that the OotBK will blindly follow Zero as long as they can get japan back.
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:40   Link #1003
Dyllani

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
I highly doubt he'd lose the trust of his Blackknights (Not any of the important ones). Zero has saved them a thousand times over, he gave them hope. They've come to far to abandon him. Geass wouldn't change anything. Their resolve to create an independent Japan is too strong. Zero having "Super Powers" would only make the dream seem all the more possible...
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 14:38   Link #1004
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
no i don't think they would care. it's already been implied that the OotBK will blindly follow Zero as long as they can get japan back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
I highly doubt he'd lose the trust of his Blackknights (Not any of the important ones). Zero has saved them a thousand times over, he gave them hope. They've come to far to abandon him. Geass wouldn't change anything. Their resolve to create an independent Japan is too strong. Zero having "Super Powers" would only make the dream seem all the more possible...
I guess what I mean is that they might question their loyalty. Whether it is real, or if Zero forced their allegiance. Of course that isn't the case, but it would be natural to ponder after hearing about such a huge secret your leader has been keeping from you.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 16:26   Link #1005
iBeast

So when is 13 coming out?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 16:51   Link #1006
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Every episode comes out on a Sunday. Do you really need to ask?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 17:46   Link #1007
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
Yeah but the whole purpose of Cornelia revealing geass is to clear Euphie's name.

Which obviously means that Zero "geassed" Euphie into massacring the Japanese in order to protect his plans. How'd you think they handle that?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 19:22   Link #1008
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yeah but the whole purpose of Cornelia revealing geass is to clear Euphie's name.

Which obviously means that Zero "geassed" Euphie into massacring the Japanese in order to protect his plans. How'd you think they handle that?
That would require Cornelia to directly oppose both the Britannian faction responsible for covering up the person who killed Euphie, AND oppose the faction who wanted Geass to remain a secret. The two factions are likely separate.

Thus this would be too much for Cornelia to fight against on her own. And it's not like the 11s would want to hear what the sister of Euphie would say.

Worse, make enough fuss about Geass, and even the Emperor might get involved. That would be VERY nasty for her.

Cornelia might have more enemies than Zero at this point, which is no mean feat.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:42   Link #1009
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That would require Cornelia to directly oppose both the Britannian faction responsible for covering up the person who killed Euphie, AND oppose the faction who wanted Geass to remain a secret. The two factions are likely separate.

Thus this would be too much for Cornelia to fight against on her own. And it's not like the 11s would want to hear what the sister of Euphie would say.

Worse, make enough fuss about Geass, and even the Emperor might get involved. That would be VERY nasty for her.

Cornelia might have more enemies than Zero at this point, which is no mean feat.
Hence, I believe that broken and exhausted, she'll accept V.V./Charles's offer of a Geass.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:56   Link #1010
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Hence, I believe that broken and exhausted, she'll accept V.V./Charles's offer of a Geass.
Why would Cornelia accept a geass from V.V, or better yet why should V.V offer a geass to someone that is working actively to expose his secret?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 21:12   Link #1011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Not possible. As I pointed out, currently Cornelia is charging headlong into the Britannian elite with her sword drawn. Her attempts at exposing the Geass to the public is perhaps the most dangerous threat Charles would currently face. She is directly fighting against the government here; there wouldn't be any help from V.V. on that front.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:14   Link #1012
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To get Cornelia over to their side. If they throw in a promise (could be empty) to clear Euphie's name, it will be attractive.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:35   Link #1013
rpgman1

Looks like to me that Cornelia will either have to side with the Emperor or Zero. There won't be a third faction, as that will already make the series a complete mess as chaos reigns and confusion reigns over them. Prince Schneizel already has plans to take over the Chinese Federation (with help from Nina). All the Emperor does is watch from the shadows to see the events unfolding, then he tricks or brainwashes those people with his Geass (like the manipulator he is).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 21:41   Link #1014
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Looks like to me that Cornelia will either have to side with the Emperor or Zero. There won't be a third faction, as that will already make the series a complete mess as chaos reigns and confusion reigns over them.
Actullay, there could well be a third faction (which could solve many problems in itself), though exactly who it's key players would be is difficult to say (Silver Soul's bet is that the third faction will consist of Cornelia and Suzaku, mainly ).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 21:46   Link #1015
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Actullay, there could well be a third faction (which could solve many problems in itself), though exactly who it's key players would be is difficult to say (Silver Soul's bet is that the third faction will consist of Cornelia and Suzaku, mainly ).
Now, these two together is more probable than anything.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:50   Link #1016
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
To get Cornelia over to their side. If they throw in a promise (could be empty) to clear Euphie's name, it will be attractive.
Cornelia is not the type to take the Emperor at his word. Charles don't make promises; he either do what he wants or do nothing.

It is the Britannian government who helped framed Euphie; they did it because they wanted to. And they could clear her name anytime they wanted to too. Cornelia isn't so stupid as to think something as empty as a "promise" would work in Britannian High Society.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:51   Link #1017
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Now, these two together is more probable than anything.
Well, it isn't like they don't have any ties to each other - and their purposes might go arm in arm, sorta, hence why a third faction created by them might not be entirely impossible as such (though that would require Suzaku to betray his superiors as such, which is hard to believe that he would do as things stand now)
Old 2008-07-03, 21:55   Link #1018
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

If Charles clears Euphie's name, Cornelia will most likely join. Of course, I don't know if Cornelia is more useful to him, or the need to cover up the Geass is more pressing.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:57   Link #1019
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
If Charles clears Euphie's name there and then, Cornelia will most likely join. Of course, I don't know if Cornelia is more useful to him, or the need to cover up the Geass is more pressing.
Charles has made a point of keeping Geass a secret though. Cornelia would have to be VERY useful (or too dangerous as an enemy) for him to break that policy. And Cornelia'd be smart enough to, as one might say, demand payment in advance
Old 2008-07-03, 21:59   Link #1020
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Charles (smiling): You are indeed my daughter, Cornelia.
Cornelia (thin smile): You've taught me well, my lord.