AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-07, 22:55   Link #1
munia

Question New Anime

Um hello i am new here and i would like to know if anyone knows an anime with a lot of action or just some good anime in general and could tell about it for me

please do not suggest:

Shojo Beat anime like Vampire Knight

overly romantic anime

any ecci (i hope that i spelled it right) or harem anime

depressing anime

Please do tell if it is

supernatural
fantasy
good plot
humor is appreciated too

thank you for yout time.
Old 2009-01-07, 23:02   Link #2
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Toradora and Kuroshitsuji is what i can think of right now
Old 2009-01-08, 00:43   Link #3
munia

thank you. and by the way i do not really want it to have a romance but undertones are fine...
i would also not mind if it had some kind of shonen-ai or shojo-ai undertones
Old 2009-01-08, 00:54   Link #4
munia

um also i like the drawing of the anime to be like um i don't know like Code Geass or something kind of like that...
Old 2009-01-08, 07:15   Link #5
zareba

Try these...

Black Cat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_cat

Aside from the obvious fact that both Code Geass and Black Cat use the same animation style, the story holds a number of similarities as well. Most noticeably the fact that both are about a small group of talented individuals going up against a larger, more powerful group (not exactly an uncommon sentiment in anime but both pull it off relatively well) and also the main characters possess unique abilities that, while not directly combat-oriented, do give them an advantage if used properly.

Utawarerumono

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utawarerumono

Now here's an awkward recommendation. Although they clearly stem from entirely different genres, both Code Geass and Utawarerumono follow their main character as he rebels against the ruling regime and becomes an influential leader in his own right, with all the strings attached. If you enjoyed the army-building aspect of one, with the recruiting, politics, managing and so on, you may likely enjoy the other as well.

Starship Operators

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Operators

It doesn't have the kind of depth that Code Geass does, but they still have quite a bit in common. For one, combat in both is largely tactics-oriented, with the focus being on outdoing the opponent more mentally than physically. In addition to that, both anime take a good look at politics, including the power of the media. If these are some of the things you liked about one of these shows, consider giving the other a try.
Old 2009-01-08, 17:07   Link #6
Niji

Not sure if Code Geass is only mentioned for the graphics, or for the story as well... If the later, could recommend some mecha shows too, if the former I guess you like modern graphics over older ones.

Samurai Champloo - fun, action, romance is really VERY not central, coolness factor 10/10.
Kenichi - fun, action, martial arts, romance is a bit more pronounced here.
Kekkaishi - fun, supernatural, romance as far as I got is not pronounced either. Not sure it has enough action, but it is a fun watch.

Last edited by Niji; 2009-01-08 at 17:18.
Old 2009-01-08, 18:58   Link #7
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by munia View Post
um also i like the drawing of the anime to be like um i don't know like Code Geass or something kind of like that...
If you like Code Geass's character design (string bean bodies), these shows may appeal to you..

xxxHolic (1st and 2nd season)- Supernatural, Comedy- An episodic show about a boy being able to see spirits.

Tsubasa Chronicle- (2 seasons and 1 OVA) Comedy, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance- Show is about a boy that is trying to return memories to his beloved. Romance without all the drama.

Cardcaptor Sakura- Magic, Drama, Comedy. I have not watched this show, but it is supposed to be a great series. Warning: Mahou Shojo (Magical Girl)

If the background and Mechas of Code Geass appeal to you...
You can try Gundam and Macross series (the newest releases have gorgeous animation). I'll only recommend the ones that have really good animation (the older series are great, but the animation is not that great)

Gundam 00 - (2 seasons)-Mecha, Action- A group called Celestial Beings is trying to end all warfare with their overpowered Gundams (mecha)

Macross Zero- (OVA)- Mecha, Action, Romance- Starts out with an Ace Pilot being shot down and lands in an island with Mayans. The Mayans are extremely behind in technology, but there is a certain creature in that island that appeal to other nations. Has some singing as well as romance. The action scenes are just awesome also.

Macross Frontier- (Series)- Mecha, Action, Romance- A city is attacked by these weird creatures. Because of that, the protagonist of the story, a student, meets with two girls, one famous singer, while the other is not. Like the above series, this show has some romance. (warning: Like Code Geass, the animation quality gets worse through out the season)

These are some series I believe have similar animatio when compared to Code Geass. These are all popular series as well (except Macross Zero).
Old 2009-01-08, 19:12   Link #8
munia

thank you all and um sorry for bothering you but um do you know any series with kind of like i don't know um... moe characters may be both girls and boys and something from CLAMP i like them... thank you for suggestions
and by the way today i read a new manga called Meister it is about soccer team and is very cute!

by the way do any of you know if there is a good Shounen series somewhere?

I am really sorry for bothering you all. thank you for the help!
Old 2009-01-08, 19:43   Link #9
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by munia View Post
thank you all and um sorry for bothering you but um do you know any series with kind of like i don't know um... moe characters may be both girls and boys and something from CLAMP i like them... thank you for suggestions
and by the way today i read a new manga called Meister it is about soccer team and is very cute!

by the way do any of you know if there is a good Shounen series somewhere?

I am really sorry for bothering you all. thank you for the help!
I have not seen any more CLAMP series than the ones that I posted but I'll mention Chobits and X since they seem like decent shows. If you want more of CLAMP, I would recommend you read some of their Mangas. I do not read a lot of Manga, but perhaps someone can recommend you some of CLAMP's mangas.

For shounen shows, I'll second what Niji posted. A few more shounen (I'm guessing action) are Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter, One Piece (a shit load of episodes though), and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Out of those, I'll say TTGL and Soul Eater have awesome music and awesome animation. Both are a great watch.
Old 2009-01-08, 23:48   Link #10
munia

thank you and i already watched all of the one piece that there is actually including the movies; specials and so on...
by the way anyone know something like LOVELESS maybe?

thank you.
Closed Thread