AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 08:29   Link #41
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Er, actually former spoilers are from forums where Japanese fans talk about their predictions and thoughts. Today's are from "产业"(Sorry, I don't know its Japanese name or English name). Spoilers from it are usually correct because someone in Japan there can always see the chapter before the others. However, chances are that the spoilers are still false.
Old 2010-09-01, 08:30   Link #42
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Alstreim View Post
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clealy. What Miria see is a fake Hilda that NO.10 puts in Miria's head.Accoring to the spoiler, NO.10 is good at playing tricks on one's mind.
Oh yes. It just skipped me. Thank God. Either way, I am fine with the whole ghost team dying (except Clare) + Galatea because they are boring. No more introduction of new interesting characters. Where are the days of Teresa, Ophelia and Jean? Where is Clarice and Miata?

Is it because I've been following this series from too long ago or did it really lose momentum?
Old 2010-09-01, 09:05   Link #43
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clealy. What Miria see is a fake Hilda that NO.10 puts in Miria's head.Accoring to the spoiler, NO.10 is good at playing tricks on one's mind.
Well, unless you have other sources, that's quite a liberal interpretation of the spoiler.

ナンバー10のラフテラに感覚支配されて敌のことがヒルダに见えるようになる

Maria's senses are controlled by No. 10 Rafudera and she sees Hilda in place of her enemy.

I can't quite translate the following sentence but its meaning is close to one of the ones below.

10は必ず対戦士用の训练を受けた戦士がなるらしい

(1) It seems that No. 10 is a trained Warrior that (specializes ) at countering other Claymores.
(2) it seems that No. 10 is a warrior that received trainings that will certainly counter other Claymores.

ミリアは幻のヒルダに会いたかったとかまた一绪に戦おうとか泣いて言いながら斩られていってお わり
煽り
ミリア坠つ…

As Maria cries and said to the Hilda illusion how she had missed her and that she'd like to fight together with her again, she was cut down.

Once again, one should treat these rookie translation with a big grain of salt.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-09-01 at 10:25.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:06   Link #44
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

perhaps if miria did die, the org would just bring her back and let her fight clare. it would be a guud fight to see~
Old 2010-09-01, 09:09   Link #45
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Well, unless you have other sources, that's quite a liberal interpretation of the spoiler.

Maria's senses are controlled by No. 10 Rafudera and she sees Hilda in place of her enemy.

I can't quite translate the following sentence but its meaning is close to one of the ones below.

10は必ず対戦士用の训练を受けた戦士がなるらしい

(1) It seems that No. 10 is a trained Warrior that (specializes ) at countering other Claymores.
(2) it seems that No. 10 is a warrior that received trainings that will certainly counter other Claymores.

煽り
ミリア坠つ…

As Maria cries and said to the Hilda illusion how she had missed her and that she'd like to fight together with her again, she was cut down.

Once again, one should treat these rookie translation with a large grain of salt.
Yeah, that's it. My problem lies in how to express them in English. My English is not that good after all.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:14   Link #46
haegar
mangaviking

hm. thx for the additional opinion on translation.

I hope that's correct and "being cut down" doesn't mean dying, yet .. i hope ...

btw if this spoiler should be true we might rly see galatea coming to the rescue next chap, such a mind manipulator might be something only she could fight - assuming that whatever that number ten does works via yoki manipulation ... so if indeed yagi is getting down to killing characters ... either way, this suckz.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:34   Link #47
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I hope that's correct and "being cut down" doesn't mean dying, yet .. i hope ...
Lol, I wasn't expecting to get caught so soon.

....斩られていってお わり
煽り
ミリア坠つ…

I wasn't certain about the details of this part actually, the liberal guessing was
"her words was cut short by an attack. She took a blow and fell down. "

But should one take "坠つ" as "to fall down" or "to drop dead"? I don't know. The dictionary (search 墜つ) seems to indicate there is some ambiguity, which might be intentional. But that's just my personal opinion.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:39   Link #48
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Which won't really make sense. Why and how would someone be able to control someone else's mind? Controlling yoki - ok, reading the finest details to predict a move - that's fine but manipulating ones' mind? That has nothing to do with yoki in the first place. If that was possible that No10 would own everyone by confusing them and making them actually kill themselves.
To me this seems as likely as Zombie Flora using the Wind Cutter and tearing her stitches that sawed her two halfs together

Also I'm still quite positive Miria would have to release her yoki even before she sees the trump card to win against the shrimp twins. Why aren't they even mentioned in these spoilers anyway? It's not like they would simply go poof right?
If it was just hallucinating it wouldn't be that much of a stretch IMO. Almost 3 years ago I've had an idea about how Galatea could power-up and that was by improving her manipulation technique. Even in Middle Ages people punctured/pressed their skulls to experience similar feeling when on drugs (when someone has cancer or aneurysm strange things are happening). All she had to do was to concentrate youki in that area, increase blood pressure there (all veins would be pumping at that moment) and 'voila'.
As for owning everyone, turtle guy in Pieta could do amazing things, even make Claymores his puppets so if they had youki manipulator even better than him it could be even better than hallucinations.

Edit:
Plus Galatea could sense emotions, what if she could transfer them or manipulate them? It suggests that youki is emotion carrier.

Last edited by Gooral; 2010-09-01 at 10:09.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:44   Link #49
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:
But should one take "坠つ" as "to fall down" or "to drop dead"? I don't know. The dictionary (search 墜つ) seems to indicate there is some ambiguity, which might be intentional. But that's just my personal opinion.
Quite agree. As far as I know, "坠つ" does have quite a few meanings. So, there's still hope.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:44   Link #50
Arturro

So Miria was killed not by a "zombie" but because no.10 "hacked" her mind? Considering that since Pieta Yagi introduced a lots of new forms of yoki manipulation and a lots of characters who specialize in yoki manipulation it's not that surprising. Even Yuma learned how to synchronize her yoki recently. Ghost have now 5 characters with yoki sensin/manipulation ability: Galatea, Tabitha, Clare, Yuma, Cynthia. It looks like Yagi is preparing Ghost for some kind of "yoki wars".

Old 2010-09-01, 09:50   Link #51
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I hope that's correct and "being cut down" doesn't mean dying, yet .. i hope ....
That's what I hope so as well. Miria dying... is intolerable. She hasn't appeared in Claymore chapters for a year or so and now killing her off? Just...no.

Anyway I've had enough with people wanting a Teresa zombie, etc. Let the dead stay dead.
Old 2010-09-01, 10:14   Link #52
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

However if that happened no 10 probably wouldn't be a very good matchup against Galetea or Claire. Both of them would be able to sense the Yoki manipulation, and possibly counter it.
Old 2010-09-01, 10:15   Link #53
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

The idea of illusion would be nice.
I have written some times ago a fan fiction story in which rafaella fought against twins and used her own memories of luciella's awakening to disrupt their soul link.
That yagi seems to use something like that now just shows me that it wasn't that bad at all
Clare with rafaella's knowledge and her mental strength would probably mindfuck her really hard.
Old 2010-09-01, 10:44   Link #54
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Quote:

10は必ず対戦士用の训练を受けた戦士がなるらしい

煽り
ミリア坠つ…

Before this there's another sentence:ミリアは戦士を杀す気になれないことで苦戦しながら戦ってたら
Miria's fighting with the twins. Definitely, she will not always stand on the ground when fighting.
Thus, the understanding of the last:ミリアは幻のヒルダに会いたかったとかまた一绪に戦おうとか泣いて言いながら斩られていってお わり
煽り
ミリア坠つ
Can we say that when she sees "Hilda",she is cut down by the twins and fall down from the air?
Old 2010-09-01, 10:53   Link #55
dantyx

Miria escaped from death only Because Of the help of Clare (the first Awakened Being -Rigardo )

she is alone now shes dead... or she will be a test subject for experiment like raki
Old 2010-09-01, 11:07   Link #56
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I want to know how a number 10 has enough yoki to manipulate Miria into seeing Hilda. If it's based on yoki manipulation it's already been stated that those with weaker yokis can't manipulate those with stronger yokis. After all it shouldn't be based on soul-linking because Galatea/Rubel already explained perfect soul-linking requires someone to be made from the same yoma and be stripped of any individuality. I will admit Clare linking with Raphaela is still unexplained but she was inside Raphaela's mind and immobile, yet this #10 can create illusions in the real world...

If this is true Yagi better explain it really well...

Quote:
Er, actually former spoilers are from forums where Japanese fans talk about their predictions and thoughts. Today's are from "产业"(Sorry, I don't know its Japanese name or English name). Spoilers from it are usually correct because someone in Japan there can always see the chapter before the others. However, chances are that the spoilers are still false.
Damn-it the reliable source of spoilers seems to be pumping out fakes this month... what the hell. Either way the zombie spoiler is fake or this one is... they're just too different to be the same spoiler written & posted from two different sources.
Old 2010-09-01, 11:11   Link #57
Irene

Quote:
Originally Posted by king lycan View Post
maybe raphael took irene's dead body back to make zombie irene
braaaaaaiiiiinssssssssss
Old 2010-09-01, 11:12   Link #58
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Lightbulb

This is too much for me, on one side we have Zombie Floras and Undines coming back! Then on the other side we have a #10 who can hack the minds of other claymores and forced them 2 kill themselfs.

These spoilers have 2 be fake!!
Old 2010-09-01, 11:24   Link #59
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene View Post
braaaaaaiiiiinssssssssss
Spoiler for You know me...:
Old 2010-09-01, 11:26   Link #60
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

I hope so, too.
If Miria's dead, I really don't know whether I can continue with this manga. After all, all my favourite characters are all dead. Also, what I can never stand is that the characters I like become zombies.
If they are true, then there's only place for DoDs and stories about the mainland

Tags
claymore, manga