AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 18 45.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-09, 13:42   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-03-09, 14:37   Link #2
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Man the Chiara, Saale, Dantalion, and Mammon battle was intense and awesome. But DANTALION IS GONE, I will miss this crazy bastard.
Also poor Kamshin is not looking good, he might not make it out of this battle.

Xanadu's creation has climaxed, and the Flame Haze's hidden trump card has now been activated, the last inning starts now, only 2 episodes till the finale.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-03-09, 20:12   Link #3
syke123

I usually watch Shana on saturday mornings, but a single reply in 6 hours? What happened?
Old 2012-03-09, 20:44   Link #4
Swimming

It might be because it havn't be subbed yet...
Old 2012-03-09, 20:50   Link #5
Senshigeia

No subs yet, this is very unusual indeed...
I tried to watch it without subs, but failed to understand most of it. I'll vote and comment this episode when the subs are up.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-09, 21:29   Link #6
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Best episode in the whole series.

Simply because of Chiara

They should make a spin-off with XV....
Old 2012-03-09, 23:02   Link #7
syke123

If the blurays sell well and they get the funding from geneon I want to see toten glocke.
Old 2012-03-10, 01:00   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Damn, the Professor was awesome. Provided entertainment for this surprisingly dull season and died in an entertaining way. R.I.P.(?), Prof.
Awesome eyecatch too. Actually made the 3rd season kind of worth it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-10, 08:51   Link #9
Elf song

Dantalion : "Oya?" *caught in the blast*
Lamest but funniest death in SnS.

Farewell, Mammon... taking the all damage from the robots' explosion to himself.

And the first and only time Tiamat talks longer than four kanji. This episode reveals that Wilhelmina's habit of saying "~de arimasu" is actually copied from her contracted lord.
Old 2012-03-10, 09:25   Link #10
Deathscyther

Great episode. Once again the episode focused on the side characters mostly, but I didn't mind at all this time. Shana and Yuji can have the final two episodes.

The Chiara/Seere vs Mammon/Dantalion battle was pretty great. Nice and simple plan by Seere. In the end he used the nutty professor's creations against him. Just when one of the robots was about to selfdestruct, Seere launched him at Dantalion. Somehow Dantalion's escape plan failed (because of Hyakki Yakou?) and he could do nothing but wait for the explosion. Your new invention was strong enough to kill even yourself, professor. Be happy.

Mammon, who was caught off guard because of the professor's demise, was struck down by Chiara. Pirsoyn tried to save him, but Mammon decided to sacrifice himself to save the tower, which was about to be destroyed by the robots that were going on a rampage because their controller has died. A noble end for the vampire.

Things aren't looking too good for Khamsin. I don't think he'll survive this battle. I don't think he's gone just yet, but I'm expecting him to die protecting Kazumi in the end.

It seems that Yuji's 'dragon hair' won't work anymore now that Dantalion is gone. So this hair was some kind of machine that was being controlled by the professor? This 'dragon hair' was pretty handy, since he could use it for attacking and defending. I wonder if he can still use his silver powers. These powers seem to be connected to the tyrant, which was being controlled by Dantalion as well. He could have gotten these silver powers from his connection with SnH as well though.

I have a feeling that Yuji's being set up to be able to fight on his own. First Johan left him. Because of that he'll have to sense the flow of PoE for himself. Now he seems to be losing his powers that he got from the tomogara (dragon hair, maybe the silver). On top of that, he just learned 'Sakai Yuji's' own spell during this battle. Could this be hinting towards Yuji surviving and splitting from SnH in the end? It would be logical, since I think that SnH will disappear once Xanadu is created. I guess that this could mean that Yuji will continue to fight as 'Sakai Yuji' (together with Shana) in Xanadu this way, since I don't think that all problems will be solved because of the creation of Xanadu. It is Yuji's goal to make the humans and tomogara coexist with each other in that world after all. This won't be something that can be achieved easily. The tomogara will have to be kept in check as well, especially since it seems that there will be unlimited PoE in Xanadu.

So the reason why Margery sneaked into the tower earlier was because she was putting the alteration of the Taimei Shihen in the back-up system as well. The flame haze were prepared for this back-up plan.

Shana seemed content that her plan worked, but at the same time surprised when she saw that Yuji was smiling at her. I was kind of surprised by this as well. He lost some of his powers and the 'code' of the Taimei Shihen was altered, so why would he be smiling? Could it be that Yuji accepted the new rule and acknowledged Shana's actions? Or could it be that this new rule was already in SnH's/Yuji's Taimei Shihen from the beginning?

I can't wait for the next episode. I'm expecting the creation of Xanadu to start any moment now.
Old 2012-03-10, 09:59   Link #11
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ugh... the series turned pay only suddenly on niconico. Dick move.

edit: oh, nvm, 22 isn't available there yet. Those are the 1 week old episodes.
Old 2012-03-10, 11:00   Link #12
syke123

Gotta hand it to J.C for ruining Mammon's character.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:44   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chiara and Sale vs Mammon and Dantalion fight was actually pretty tense for me, there were a few of times each of them were really close to death, only to escape, but then somehow find themselves in another death trap situation

Can't believe there's only two episodes left...
Old 2012-03-11, 10:01   Link #14
Kakkou
Tch.

Well, I like Mammon for at least saving the tower and asking Pirsoyn to get away. Can't have one of the cutest Denizens in the series die. I kinda chuckled at the way Dantalion got offed. I never really liked him but his last moment was kind of entertaining.

Things are really not looking good for Khamsin though. =( His last scene and the preview feels like his death flag is up in the air. Why couldn't it have been someone else, like Sale or Chiara since they were (sort of) nearby? Not that I have anything against them, just that I could never find a reason why I should care about them over someone like Khamsin.

... I'm not sure at what point did I start watching Shana with hopes certain characters would get killed instead of just enjoying the setting. Somehow this season's been doing a fine job at making me want most of the cast removed, mainly on the Flame Haze side.
Old 2012-03-11, 10:37   Link #15
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Somehow this season's been doing a fine job at making me want most of the cast removed, mainly on the Flame Haze side.
I feel the exact same way, I thought J.C would take advantage and do things a little their way like they always had, and maybe kill that damned nun.

Flame haze that should die, because I hate them.
Sophie
Ernest
Francois
Southvalley
Old 2012-03-11, 11:49   Link #16
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Dantalion : "Oya?" *caught in the blast*
Lamest but funniest death in SnS.

Farewell, Mammon... taking the all damage from the robots' explosion to himself.

And the first and only time Tiamat talks longer than four kanji. This episode reveals that Wilhelmina's habit of saying "~de arimasu" is actually copied from her contracted lord.
I was like "what puppet dude you can't be serious with that trick are you guys going to forever plan this batt- "

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I feel the exact same way, I thought J.C would take advantage and do things a little their way like they always had, and maybe kill that damned nun.

Flame haze that should die, because I hate them.
Sophie
Ernest
Francois
Southvalley
Indeed the lengths they went to preserve such a chaotic status quo cannot go unnoticed, if it went their way it wouldn't be long until the rest of the world got caught up in the war at this rate.

Shana: Just as plan-
Sakai Yuji: Smirk
Shana: O_O

Best scene to date.
Old 2012-03-11, 12:14   Link #17
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Such a mess in this last battle This episode was much better thought. I hope it's so for last episodes, because I'm sick of all that talking
I'll just go read the novel now, that should be more understandable
Old 2012-03-11, 13:43   Link #18
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad Wilhelmina was able to help Pheles and Johann. Oh man the Professor finally bit the bullet. So did Khamshin also bight the dust? Still don't get what the spell Shana and Margery used did to Yuji's plan?
Old 2012-03-11, 14:11   Link #19
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

A good 10/10

For once, Mammon got more screen time and a little more dialog and action (with half the time it's only him raising his arms and attacking Sale & Chiara). What an epic way to die too for Mammon.

Love Dantallion's line before he died: "Oh. My."

Feel bad for Khamsin but he went down like a champ. :l

Still confused what Shana & Margery did to Yuji's Xanadu creation.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:54   Link #20
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Still don't get what the spell Shana and Margery used did to Yuji's plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1ge View Post
A good 10/10
Still confused what Shana & Margery did to Yuji's Xanadu creation.
Basically they changed the Taimei Shihen, the unrestricted method which will create Xanadu. Shana and co used a piece of the Taimei Shihen that they had in their possession to change one of the rules of Xanadu. In this piece they inserted the rule that humans can't be changed into power of existence.

Shana put this altered piece of Taimei Shihen in the chorde (the rings) and threw these chorde at the egg of the world, in which the original spell insignia of the Taimei Shihen is located. The altered piece of Taimei Shihen combined with the original and the 'code' of the original was rewritten this way.

At the same time Margery put the altered piece of Taimei Shihen in the back-up system. So nothing changed when Bel Peol activated the back-up system this episode, because the back-up system had been infected with the altered Taimei Shihen as well.