AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 22:30   Link #261
Vena
Carpe Diem

Wings of Glory... were pretty useless despite their name.

What happened to Amata's Wings of Detachment?
Old 2012-05-30, 23:08   Link #262
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Suggested rape.

You can give it a try, at least to watch some fanatical grannies get gunned down. It's kinda clumsy (boooring first ep then it jumps from good to average every once in a while, plus main lead is lacking) but it didn't get as crappy as EVOL.
Now that I remember Fractale's lead was also little annoyingly similar to Amata.
Old 2012-05-31, 01:49   Link #263
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Wings of Glory... were pretty useless despite their name.

What happened to Amata's Wings of Detachment?
Someone posted his obssession on Mikono is what prevented him from using the detachment wing. Fudou said he needed to let go of all boundaries (if I remember well) to use it, so he couldn't use it this time because he was all about preventing Kagura from taking Mikono away from him, while the other time it was much 'oh shit ! I don't want to die'.

Anyway both the Amata/Kagura fights left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like watching a squirrel trying to fight a pitbull.
Old 2012-05-31, 05:21   Link #264
Destined_Fate

You forgot that said squirrel just learns that the pitbull is really himself but still takes to tme to try and argue with said pibull anyway over something completely irrelevant because they're the same person.
Old 2012-05-31, 07:48   Link #265
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Detachment Wings seemed like they were more useful in episode 15

Detachment Wings = Wings of IDGAF
Old 2012-05-31, 08:55   Link #266
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Someone posted his obssession on Mikono is what prevented him from using the detachment wing. Fudou said he needed to let go of all boundaries (if I remember well) to use it, so he couldn't use it this time because he was all about preventing Kagura from taking Mikono away from him, while the other time it was much 'oh shit ! I don't want to die'.

Anyway both the Amata/Kagura fights left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like watching a squirrel trying to fight a pitbull.
With the recent spoilers. I would say Chihuahua vs pitbull.
Old 2012-05-31, 09:13   Link #267
crayven

Yeah, Amata was going to win each time until Kagura got bailed out by something unexpected. And that's just Amata, not Shrade.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:20   Link #268
kuromitsu

Also there's Kagura's power of Ultimate Hax.

I still don't know what he was supposed to be reversing when he blasted Amata into that wall.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:32   Link #269
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

I still don't know what he was supposed to be reversing when he blasted Amata into that wall.
The rotational momentum of the planet. Coriolis. Deal with it.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:40   Link #270
kuromitsu

At this point I'm kind of wondering why no-one at Altair has ever thought of using Kagura's power to either turn those poor kidnapped guys back to women, or just reverse the curse altogether... ^^;;
Old 2012-05-31, 10:44   Link #271
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I'd personally pay for a KaguraXAmata end cause that would truly be the ultimate troll ending.
Ultimate troll ending would be the operator boy and handbag girl is the incarnation of Apollonius and Celiane.
Or both original Aquarion and EVOL suddenly move on their own and destroying everything and make love to each other..........

Okay, Rika from Haganai corrupts me @_@
I just want Andy and MIX(without y) have their good ending X3
Old 2012-06-01, 00:47   Link #272
teelatsuki

Quote:

I wondered about that and decided that the closest thing to make sense about that is that he reversed their proximity, after all they were near at the time so he reversed that and send Amata far away.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:31   Link #273
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Quote:
At this point I'm kind of wondering why no-one at Altair has ever thought of using Kagura's power to either turn those poor kidnapped guys back to women, or just reverse the curse altogether... ^^;;
In before you just figured out how they save the world in the next few episodes lol
Old 2012-06-01, 09:37   Link #274
Destined_Fate

Not everyone knows Kagura has the reverse power? Remember that he didn't start with it at the start of the series and he kept running away than got stashed to the side by Mykage.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:40   Link #275
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
You can give it a try, at least to watch some fanatical grannies get gunned down. It's kinda clumsy (boooring first ep then it jumps from good to average every once in a while, plus main lead is lacking) but it didn't get as crappy as EVOL.
You don't want to know my thoughts on Fractale Episode 10 then. At least, not when everyone else has already explained why it sucks.

Now that I've caught up with the series, I'll say that aside from the drama (big shock, it sucks), which seems to be increasing a lot in the recent episodes, I really like this show. It's stupid cheesy fun and whilst the main characters kind of suck, thankfully, the show doesn't focus on them all that much. Plus, those sex metaphors will never stop being funny.

Some people will say that giving screen time to the side characters was a bad move because the mains couldn't be developed properly. I seriously doubt any time focused on them would have made me like them more. What was that other mecha anime where the side characters were thrown away for the horrible main characters? Guilty Crown, was it?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-06-01, 10:10   Link #276
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Oh, Fractale. I watched Fractale all the way through, but I didn't ever enjoy it as much as EVOL. The series never lived up to the promise it had in its first few eps, and the hero became annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Ultimate troll ending would be the operator boy and handbag girl is the incarnation of Apollonius and Celiane.
Or both original Aquarion and EVOL suddenly move on their own and destroying everything and make love to each other..........
I couldn't argue with troll endings like those!

The Aquarions might be bitter that much of the cast has forgotten it's a giant mecha series.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:47   Link #277
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
The Aquarions might be bitter that much of the cast has forgotten it's a giant mecha series.
Seriously, the poor mechs. There are 3 of them already and yet no-one seems to care about them, except for Mykage.
Old 2012-06-01, 15:38   Link #278
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
-
One annoying thing about this ep is how mikono managed to do absolutely nothing. She literally just watched as amata and kagura fought one another, she didn't resist when kagura held her and abducted her, nothing at all. Which is strange because she got in the line of gunfire when kagura was about to bite it the last time amata and kagura fought. One would think if she didn't want to get kidnapped she'd bite or resist physically in some way. edit: this also annoys me because mikono will not be forced to choose one or another in the end, she can do her connection magic in the end and have both amata and kagura, or that's how I think things will go.
What do you expected from a character that blushes at very person who abducts her .

So yeah, I'm on the boat of those who used to like her character at the first episodes and now find her beyond annoying and pities Zessica btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
Zessica always knew Amata never loved her, didn't see anything wrong with him to apologize, it was honest of her, finally Zessica seemed to understand and comply.
He didn't reject her in a proper way like a real man would do.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-06-01 at 16:22.
Old 2012-06-01, 17:16   Link #279
Destined_Fate

Indeed, Amata is keeping Zessica on stand by and arms length just incase his obsession with Mikono somehow doesn't pay off.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:07   Link #280
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He didn't reject her in a proper way like a real man would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Indeed, Amata is keeping Zessica on stand by and arms length just incase his obsession with Mikono somehow doesn't pay off.
In ep 16 he starts saying the classic rejection line of "I'm flattered, but..." and then gets interrupted by Mikono and the Aquarion giving them a blast to the past.

And in ep 17 he says "What you said before Aquarion went out of control...I...I can't..." then pauses and says "Right now, Mikono-" and then Zessica interrupts him with "Okay! Fine! It's all right. I knew it would turn out like this anyway. Bye!" and starts to leave. Then Amata goes after her, but Mikono suddenly showing up means we don't know what he would have said. (IDK, maybe it would have been something about how she's a great girl but he likes Mikono/doesn't feel that way about Zessica).

He could have said it more firmly, but on the other hand, the combo of Aquarion/Zessica/Mikono keeps stopping him from finishing his sentences in a way that isn't his fault. After that scene on the stairs, there was no way he could or should have tried to go up to her and repeat himself. "Hi Zessica! We both know you already got rejected, but I'm here to tell you again about how I can't be with you and love someone else. Please listen again to the full version of the sentences you deliberately interrupted earlier because you didn't want to hear them as they were too painful." Just what Zessica wants.

After all, Zessica communicated to him on the stairs that she understood she was rejected. And in the scene with her on her own afterwards, says "Yep, I got rejected". She knew she was rejected, he knew she knew she was rejected. So Amata made himself clear and wasn't cruel about it. His obligation there was discharged. What would a "real man" have said? "I don't love you and I never will" or something?

Keeping her on standby would have been if he said "If things don't work out with Mikono, maybe we can get together". But he didn't.
Closed Thread