AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 12:35   Link #821
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

So.... this episode we have:

Spoiler:

And hey Asagi gets a level of character development, did not see that coming.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 12:39   Link #822
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler for 16:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 12:57   Link #823
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Rin did explicitly said "he" though, unless the subs took some liberties with that dialogue.
Old 2013-07-25, 13:51   Link #824
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Woah, when they get a upgrade so does their mech? Hurray for more epic battles!
Old 2013-07-25, 13:59   Link #825
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I wonder if they'll ever reveal Ange's gender. Getting a bit bored with that topic. Apart from that, yay for Asagi :3
Old 2013-07-25, 15:48   Link #826
Gundamx

Quote:
Rin did explicitly said "he" though, unless the subs took some liberties with that dialogue.
some Japanese word can mean he/she at same time
Old 2013-07-25, 21:14   Link #827
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For episode 16, they did a great job of packing in all sorts of interesting plot and character developments, while also effectively setting up the next battle. Every major protagonist cast member had at least a few good bits, and the overall storyline is chugging along nicely. And the added political intrigue was a nice touch.

The 2nd half of this show has been rock solid, and I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Old 2013-07-25, 23:58   Link #828
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Spoiler:

Instead of Gundam 00 factions, the factions of GDF is more similar to the Earth Alliance military from Gundam Seed. They are part of the same organization but at the same time the member states are highly independent--retaining command over their own troops and are each competing for influence. Earth Federation forces from Gundam 00 at the very least all answer to a single leader and a single parliament.

It's no wonder the humans are losing, considering how divided they are internally.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:28   Link #829
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They do have their constitutional rights you know. They were illegally conscripted. It's surprising to know that no one protested when the kids first made their debut. The way I see it they are way TOO content about fighting and they don't seem to have any pflans about what happens after the fighting's over. I know fighting's necessary for the safety of mankind but they are simply WAY TOO CONTENT.
Not really, in some country, teenagers can be conscripted at early at 16.You must be some first world citizen because for most part of the world such well trained teenagers won't make any stir in military.
All the time in MJP academy doesn't count since it is just training. After being mind wpied, it is certain that they will get some indoctrination to build up loyalty.It is not really illegal when you come right down to it either.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 00:00   Link #830
Irenesharda

So...we are finally getting into the real dramatic stuff now. This is what I am used to in my mecha: political underplay, teens beginning to go emo because of their skills (or lack thereof), enemies with ulterior motives, bland damsels who are completely "perfect" and the boys who declare that they will save them.

Ahhh....it took MJP a while to get to this point. But like most war mecha shows, it was all bound to show up sooner or later.

However, this all seems to be the calm before the storm, and I can't really tell what's going on with Ange. Izuru could really be with Kei or Teoria, however I continue to lean towards the Lacus clone. Asagi is clearly falling for Kei, but she hasn't noticed.

It seems that the GDP aren't as global as we thought and we actually do have them split up into national groups. "Japan" has the newest tech and wants to keep a monopoly on it. All the other groups follow suit and we now have a small petty cold war going on amongst the actual war against the Wulgaru.

Speaking of the Wulgaru, Orange Leader, my favorite of them, has a plan of action and we're not sure what he aim is. Red Leader is distracting the armed forces so that Orange Leader's team can have enough time to do what he needs to do. However, Purple Leader is on the move, and he seems to have his own ideas.

With drama continuing, I give this a 7.8/10.

Also, did anyone else notice the "Red Comet" restaurant in joke? Cute.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 08:52   Link #831
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Hurray, the stream was stable (no intempestive buffering and hangups) this time around! (well, sorta) My life is now fulfilled!

Spoiler for ep.17 first half:

Spoiler for ep.17 second half:

Next ep preview:

Spoiler:

EDIT: btw, for those who have an interest in the Majestic Prince manga, the latest chapter (ch.23) shows the ASHMB demonstration (the event where Tamaki almost breaks the sound barrier above the Academy) from the students' point of view and ends with the bus salute scene.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-08-01 at 10:18.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:05   Link #832
bastek66

Manga's Izuru got cameo
Old 2013-08-01, 12:47   Link #833
Gundamx

it look like Llein is really angry + stop underestimated lamata even though he still don't like them but he was going all out from the beginning with his upgrade mech

I guess his fight against black 6 let him learn it's not game in park (fight against weak enemy) but kill or be killed situation ( fight against strong enemy)

I guess he deserved /clap since character like in anime mostly end up annoying
e.g: don't believe that they are weak because they are from noble line but have no power to back that arrogance

+
Tamaki..... really? how the hell did you though of your self as Team Fail ace?

+
too bad they don't sell the manga in Amazon kindle...
Old 2013-08-01, 14:01   Link #834
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Since I don't read manga I would have never known. As for this episode it returns to the good parts although how did GDF know Klein's name? At the very least how did they know he was the one piloting his machine? It also seems like Teoria was considered simply MIA until the hacking a couple episodes back.
Old 2013-08-01, 14:10   Link #835
molitar

Question: Lamata as the Wulgara call the humans. Are Lamata body parts for them or what? They cultivated these Lamata and when they get to certain level of Civilization they cultivate them.. But is this like Vandread and they use them for body parts or something else?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 14:12   Link #836
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Question: Lamata as the Wulgara call the humans. Are Lamata body parts for them or what? They cultivated these Lamata and when they get to certain level of Civilization they cultivate them.
They never said so nobody really knows at this point. Reproduction is implied to a minute level since they talk about genes, but that is about it.
Quote:
like Vandread
Majestic Prince proved it is better than series, unless they end it badly or screw up the last seven episodes (both of which seem unlikely at this point).
Old 2013-08-01, 14:18   Link #837
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Op enemy is op..... Guess hes even more pissed off now.
Old 2013-08-01, 15:20   Link #838
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Question: Lamata as the Wulgara call the humans. Are Lamata body parts for them or what? They cultivated these Lamata and when they get to certain level of Civilization they cultivate them.. But is this like Vandread and they use them for body parts or something else?
In Vandread, the Earthlings
Spoiler:

The Wulgaru, OTOH, are faced with a different quandary: basically their own species' evolution has reached an impasse and they seek to significantly lengthen their own lifespans. So they devised a VERY long plan wherein they'd seed other worlds with basic Wulgaru DNA, wait for Wulgar-oids to show up and reach a certain level of biological maturity, before swooping down on them to collect the forked/mutated DNA, which will have evolved differently due to the different environment and might have new/unknown gene combinations that could hypothetically allow the Wulgaru harvesters to reach their goals: kickstart their own species' evolution back to life and get a better shot at immortality (or close to it).

Or get power-ups - maybe they want to gain greater muscle volume, faster reaction times or even ESP abilities, who knows.

Basically their philosophy is this: "we didn't find a way to modify our own DNA, in order to get our natural evolution back on tracks, so we're going to let Mother Nature figure it out for us. And when the time is right, we're going to steal her work and claim it as our own."

As for "lamata", well, it might mean something like "cattle" or "guinea pigs" for all we care. Or "genetic treasure chest". Or "designated prey".

@DuelGundam2099: it's possible Klein's been using the same, customized mech (maybe it has a unique neon lining pattern or anatomy) for years/decades, so Theoria could have recognized it from reconnaissance photos/readings provided by Simon.
Old 2013-08-01, 15:45   Link #839
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Haha, Patrick's eagerness went down since Tamaki never came. Ah the power of love, it has it's downs for sure. So what will happen now? Team fight or will Izuru go Seed mode again?
Amway, another nice episode.
Old 2013-08-01, 16:30   Link #840
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I was kind of hoping Asagi would engage Klein, and go seed mode, maybe next week. Izuru really shouldn't be the only person with an upgrade. Hopefully Kei's comment about Asagi's Harmonic levels being his highest ever is a clue that he'll step up to the plate more.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction