AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 07:44   Link #61
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It will be a slap in the face for Oricon if this song manage to reach No.1.
Old 2007-05-15, 08:00   Link #62
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
PV of Lucky Star OP:
Recently I've found this:

The post starter claimed that it is the PV version--can anyone verify it for me? Is it the real one, or is it just a re-mix?

link deleted--sorry forgot to read the rules first--we'll see in the future, I'll hold on to the file until it's been officially released.
PV version would make sense. It has new lyrics, but it doesn't sound fluid at all. (There are various changes in the audio that can be heard.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Oh that's not going to be good for what is destined to be a chart topper (I mean in the Popularity Sense the "Oh My God It's From Lucky Star BUY IT! BUY IT!, not the "Oh My God, This Song Is Very Well Composed And Sung Beautifully, Therefore I Will Buy It" sense).
This is much better than HHY where the full version was absolute crap. I seriously doubt being a week early will hurt the sales that much, if not help the sales because people aren't worried about a repeat of HHY. (Then again, it seemed the Japanese weren't too put off by the full version.) Heck, its bizzareness should boost sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
I'm sure enough people will still want to buy it, if only to get the lyric sheet. (And how many will be disappointed to discover it's not a song about sausages?)
I would think by now everyone knows it is not about sausage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
How? Oricon is just a measure of how many cds are sold. That is all it is. It doesn't determine quality or popularity.
Old 2007-05-15, 08:06   Link #63
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
How? Oricon is just a measure of how many cds are sold. That is all it is. It doesn't determine quality or popularity.
I was thinking along the lines of the entire song being a cesspool of random uncohrent nonsense to the ears of the commoners....

If the sales figures generated is high enough, the commoners will like get to hear parts of it and wonder just how it manage to be ranked highly compare to other more....likeable composition.
Old 2007-05-15, 08:12   Link #64
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
After the debacle with episode 3 versus episode 5's ending I've decided that if Kyoto Animation is going to play favourites with their series music I will do the same in kind. For that reason I'm putting the following songs on a protection list from the characters of Lucky Star:

Spoiler:

So if any of these songs are sung and butchered the show gets a Game Penalty from me unless they do one of their own series songs in an off-key fashion, in which case I'm dropping my protection ring around these songs. This is about the only way I can square things regarding the inconsistencies in the shows ending bits.

Screw that protection list BS, I actually want them to sing City Hunter songs, You WA Shock or Heart of Madness, or Saint Seiya songs, or Space Adventure Cobra.

I don't care if you get a heart attack from it, but as a big time nostalgic I have the right to enjoy how they gonna sing it.

Hell, if they pull any Queen's songs, I'd die, of happiness. Not because they are LS or KyoAni characters but because someone in the anime world remembered how awesome were these songs.

I have rl friends who are as much of Hokuto no Ken fanboys as I am, who never heard or saw what is moé and want Konata to sing You WA Shock after hearing DBZ's OP.
Old 2007-05-15, 11:20   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post

Then there are the uber-otaku who will buy multiple copies just to boost the rankings.

And I'm expecting next week's episode will be filled with subliminal and superliminal advertisements for the single.
Hahaha very funny, paranoia and what not....

@Sheba: It's called Ai Wo Tormodose, You Wa Shock is just something they scream during the song.

@MakubeX2: Why would it be a slap in the face, it has people's "goddess" singing the opening theme from a relatively (?) popular show. It's meant to sell mostly on the back of name recognition (because if I weren't told who was singing it I would have assumed it was chattering monkey's), in fact I'd be surprised if it wasn't a chart topper. All they need is to have her name plastered on it, let people know its in stores and watch a flood of dreary eyed folk storm through the store, maybe a few ritual killings for the last disc and then count their money.

Personally I'm interested in hearing what the off vocal version of the song sounds like (actually no I'm not and if they have any musical taste they'll never ever subject us to it on a single disc).
Old 2007-05-15, 17:59   Link #66
krln99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Why?! a) Oricon is reportedly under investigation for being "rigged" and b) it's not like other anime theme songs haven't done well the chart before. For example, the No. 2 last week was the theme for "Kirarin Revolution."

I personally like the "surprises" in the Oricon chart. It's usually predictable to the point where I just need to look at the release dates and I can pencil in the Top 5. But once in a while you'll just get something out of the blue that does well on the charts for whatever reason.

BTW, does anyone have the lyrics (or an approximation thereof) for the full OP, yet? Japanese link is fine. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by krln99; 2007-05-15 at 20:20.
Old 2007-05-17, 23:55   Link #67
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
BTW, does anyone have the lyrics (or an approximation thereof) for the full OP, yet? Japanese link is fine. Thanks in advance!

Spoiler for English lyrics:

Spoiler for Japanese lyrics:
Old 2007-05-18, 00:18   Link #68
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Sorry for being picky, but there are no English lyrics... that's romanized Japanese.

Thanks for posting the lyrics. (Now I can REALLY annoy the roommates!)
Old 2007-05-18, 08:31   Link #69
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Anyone know what's the song that was played at the end of ep 4? when miyuki/kagumi was singing?

Last edited by Mizuno; 2007-05-18 at 09:00.
Old 2007-05-18, 08:45   Link #70
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Something's been bothering me for a while now....just what exactly is the song used in the Ep06 Initial D parody? It has a sound characteristic of M.O.V.E. , the band which does the Initial D OPs and EDs, but this one isn't one of theirs, as far as I could see...
Old 2007-05-18, 10:00   Link #71
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Kenta
Been said before, but its Sera Fuku to Kikanjuu (Sailor Suit and Machine Gun), from the show of the same name. You can find the latest remake of it with English subs somewhere around the net, though I wouldn't bother since its one of the crappiest j-dramas I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. I can hazard a guess that the 80's movie is better, since the pacing was just horribly slow; thank God it was only 7 eps.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-18, 10:44   Link #72
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Sorry for being picky, but there are no English lyrics... that's romanized Japanese.

Thanks for posting the lyrics. (Now I can REALLY annoy the roommates!)
......meanie
Old 2007-05-18, 11:03   Link #73
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Spoiler for Japanese lyrics:
Thanks for the Lyrics...It really helps to memorise when you read it rather than follow it on tv.
Old 2007-05-18, 12:49   Link #74
Angel Wings
Anime Adict

Send a message via MSN to Angel Wings
AAAAARRRRG!
the intro is so adicting, my darling, darling please! ~______~
Old 2007-05-18, 13:14   Link #75
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Wings View Post
AAAAARRRRG!
the intro is so adicting, my darling, darling please! ~______~
Try isolating the vocals from the instrumental part and you'll see why I don't think there will ever be a Karaoke version. Don't say I didn't warn you though.
Old 2007-05-18, 22:36   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. You can't isolate the vocals from the music, since the vocals are the music. It's candy-pop rap.

2. Bought for name recognition? How about every second #1 hit anywhere in the world?

3. As poetry, the words are better than most pop songs. Just complex and bizarre, both in meaning and in syntax.

4. I just listened to the full version, sans images, and there is no reason except anti-otaku prejudice for Oricon to be embarrassed about this song becoming #1, when I think of other songs that have hit that spot. This isn't like them, but it isn't worse, just totally different.

There are quite a few photos from the shops of Akihabara in this post on Akiba Blog about the campaign (click photos to enlarge). And here are photos (left) of a poster of the words, and (right) of a display saying the aim is to get the OP to #1 on Oricon and for this store (Toranoana main store) to sell more copies than any store in Japan. It also says they're taking orders for the first DVD:

I don't think the proponents of the campaign are thinking of profits for KyoAni (of course the shops are thinking of profits for themselves), I think it's more like supporting a sports team: you want the team you support to win, and this is an aspect of winning. I have to say, however, that I will be amazed if they get anywhere near #1. The SHnY OP only got to #5, and my sense is that that was a much bigger hit than this show. But we'll see by next Thursday.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-19, 00:03   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. You can't isolate the vocals from the music, since the vocals are the music. It's candy-pop rap.

2. Bought for name recognition? How about every second #1 hit anywhere in the world?

3. As poetry, the words are better than most pop songs. Just complex and bizarre, both in meaning and in syntax.

4. I just listened to the full version, sans images, and there is no reason except anti-otaku prejudice for Oricon to be embarrassed about this song becoming #1, when I think of other songs that have hit that spot. This isn't like them, but it isn't worse, just totally different.

There are quite a few photos from the shops of Akihabara in this post on Akiba Blog about the campaign (click photos to enlarge). And here are photos (left) of a poster of the words, and (right) of a display saying the aim is to get the OP to #1 on Oricon and for this store (Toranoana main store) to sell more copies than any store in Japan. It also says they're taking orders for the first DVD:

I don't think the proponents of the campaign are thinking of profits for KyoAni (of course the shops are thinking of profits for themselves), I think it's more like supporting a sports team: you want the team you support to win, and this is an aspect of winning. I have to say, however, that I will be amazed if they get anywhere near #1. The SHnY OP only got to #5, and my sense is that that was a much bigger hit than this show. But we'll see by next Thursday.
I guess it's the same as campaigning for Oscar's. I'm going to be honest and say I'm not entirely sure what kind of standards Oricon has though, but actively campaigning somewhat cheapens things in my opinion, just like with the Oscars (Where it does have an impact). All I can say is I have no idea why Lucky Star is Akihabara's pick, I can understand the drive for profit, but I don't understand the reasoning behind picking a specific song to push. I don't think there's anything to be embarassed about at all other then perhaps an overly aggressive market approach. I would think the girls who sang the song would vastly prefer their song to achieve success on its own and land where it lands on the charts rather than have their song lifted by a massive campaigning effort. I would feel a bit guilty and unsure of myself if I were the artist. I wonder if people truly enjoyed my music or only bought it because they were told its what everybody else is doing. Then again I guess that #2 point is the answer again. This is one of the reasons I never paid attention to music all throughout middle school and high school, the popularity always trumped the musical effort itself and I just tended to avoid any and all conversations about music for that reason. I listened to what I liked, I didn't buy based on the artist or any industry push, but on my enjoyment of the song, and I stayed out of the loop. Still do.

Also the words are hysterical and unusual, but the tune is actually the key to a song for me. Tune and Beat are most important and they are only augmented by the lyrics. A song with a good tune will always be popular with me and even more so with good lyrics, but a song with good lyrics and an awful tune will never be a favourite. I think this song lands somewhere in the middle, funny lyrics and decent tune, but not playlist material. A lot of J-Pop falters in this regard be it both a crappy tune/beat and cliche lyrics or an alright tune/beat and crappy lyrics. Lucky Star is a probably but one step above in each category in my view.

Oh and popularity pushs have always been a huge huge turnoff for me. Having the same product advertised to me constantly from all directions is one of my pet peeves, so I tend to come on a little strong when one of these types of campaigns emerges. I just don't like that style of aggresive advertising at all. Sometimes I also wonder if those Lightspeed Brief ads from Futurama that advertise to you in your dreams are even a decade away let alone a millenium. That last sentence was a joke by the way (I hope).
Old 2007-05-19, 00:05   Link #78
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have to say, however, that I will be amazed if they get anywhere near #1. The SHnY OP only got to #5, and my sense is that that was a much bigger hit than this show. But we'll see by next Thursday.
I thought that was because there simply weren't enough copies made for it reach number one. It was sold out within hours, If I recall correctly.
Old 2007-05-19, 00:07   Link #79
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I thought that was because there simply weren't enough copies made for it reach number one. It was sold out within hours, If I recall correctly.
I wonder if there was any trampling. Somehow I imagine fistfights breaking out and a grab fest with one guy triumphantly grabbing the CD with a ripped shirt and pants and taking off out of the store with a police officer and several others chasing after him, because he forgot to pay in his attempt to get away from the other buyers.
Old 2007-05-19, 02:52   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I wonder if there was any trampling. Somehow I imagine fistfights breaking out and a grab fest with one guy triumphantly grabbing the CD with a ripped shirt and pants and taking off out of the store with a police officer and several others chasing after him, because he forgot to pay in his attempt to get away from the other buyers.
kj1980 or someone will have to confirm this, but I believe Japanese public restraint even extends to otaku, so I don't expect there are many such scenes, which might be more common in North America. Japanese otaku may save their aggression for 2channel, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread