AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 12:35   Link #2001
KillerYandere
Yandere Overlord

First off I actually get why you are all harsh on Episode 11. Quite frankly it deserved it. While it did make sense once you watch it a few times, it was all over the place and felt like Michael Bay was involved somehow (I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Bay found out about this series and decided to make it into a movie in the coming years. This is basically Transformers with Gender-Bending and high school girls fighting one another) This won't make a lot of sense to most people however, unless they have ADHD, which I actually have.

On the other hand, this is a gender-bending fanservice anime that also happens to have talking stuffed animals. Did you all HONESTLY THINK they were going to take it seriously in the end. Truth be told, it would have been interesting to see it taken a darker route, but it was never going to happen in the first place. Besides, this is the one episode in the entire season that had an action sequence that lasted over 3 minutes. Granted it didn't make sense but at the end of the day, the group did defeat Kaede and the White kampfers, though they did retreat all alive and intact, which pretty much signifies to me that there will be a second season down the road. I mean seriously, Kaede pretty much mutters something along the lines of "This isn't over" and then flies off Superman style with the white kampfers.

Pros:
Natsuru finally knocked some sense into him and chose Shizuku, Mikoto, and Akane over Kaede. Sure it's a harem ending, but he did what most of us were hoping he would do.

This is the most fighting we've had in any episode, regardless of how stupid and random it is.

It's possible there will be a second season down the road the way it ends. There are some things left unanswered, most notably the moderators and not to mention the fact the white kampfers and Kaede get away.

Speaking of white-bracelet Kampfers...where the hell were the black-bracelet kampfers? Lol! Yes, I laughed at my lame joke.

Cons:
Anyone else notice how useless the White Kampfers were? They got their asses handed to them twice. For all this going on earlier about saying they were these big, bad dangerous Kampfers, they were beaten faster than the Fallen was by Optimus in the last Transformers movie, and I stress twice.

The stuffed animal messengers singing. That was a Jump the Shark moment. It was an awful idea and just another reason why they really don't need the stuffed animals at all.

Anyone else notice that Natsuru didn't even join in one the fight when he broke from Kaede's grasp? For someone who is technically the main character, shouldn't he have at least fought in the battle to some degree.

A crazy and wrong way to end an anime the ending was. But damn was it funny as hell.

Also, in the eyecatch, why the hell were the messengers possessing the characters? O_o Do we need the Exorcist now or something?

With that being said, I like Evil Kaede. She's like a low-key lesbian Bond Villain and what makes it all the more hilarious is that her minions are so damn useless that the other group, which was never organized beat them to a torn clothing fanservice pulp. Now if only the multiple abridgers out there trying to abridge this series (myself included) would take advantage of Evil Kaede and make her as a Bond Villain spoof instead of ripping off better abridged series. . .

And another thing. I know I'm abridging the series for various reasons, but why did the other abridgers jump in on the bandwagon? Especially someone from Team Four Star who shouldn't waste his time abridging this in my opinion and go on and do better series? I mean, I understand 3 to 4 people doing it at first and it picking up more as the years pass, but as the series airs and 8-10 people decide to abridge it? Well, all the better to compete with them I guess lol. I always liked competition.

Overall, the series gets a 7.5/10 from me. The singing messengers and the messengers in particular are the only reason this didn't get an 8/10 from me.

Last edited by KillerYandere; 2009-12-11 at 12:53. Reason: Extending
KillerYandere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 12:35   Link #2002
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Honest Opinion.

Kampfer has been a lesbian booby fest.
The last 2 episodes showed that Kampfer has a story.
The last 10 mins (Starting when the girls powered up) went back to being a booby fest (Minus the lesbian).

So people got disappointed.

I LIKED Kampfer. It was exactly what I needed for a good laugh with a fairly nice Harem (minus one) ending.

The dolls singing was pretty dumb. The girls powering up was just to show off their underwear. But Evil Kaede? WOOHOO. But as someone said in their Post.
Kaede is not dead = -5 Hahahaha.

Ok honestly, Nyan koi is smarter than Kampfer. But I like both of them.
Kampfer's ending isn't as powerful as Seto No Hanayome.

But saying Kampfer is worse than Princess Lover? Gah. In PL they introduce a bad guy that is REALLY bad, yet at the end the hero just lets him go. In PL they introduce a 4 episode arc that concluded the series but did NOTHING about the overall story.

Yah, Kampfer isn't that great, but it's still GREAT!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 12:55   Link #2003
GDB

I think the crowning moment of stupidity had to be when Kaede moved in to persuade Natsuru one last time, and he turned back into a guy. She then got grossed out and slapped him silly.

This is the same girl who was basically groping him at the beginning of episode 10 in order to brainwash him, right? Why would it suddenly be so disgusting now, but wasn't then?

This isn't even looking at all of the other stupid/silly instances, but this one really capped it off for me.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:09   Link #2004
X207
Gamyūsa

the ep was good until they faced the white kampher. they underestimated them so much. i didnt pay much attention to the fighting after. i glad they told most of the story behind the fights but it was not the worst ending ive ever seen. that prestigious award got to boobynauts: the animation aka dragonauts. did they even have a show down likr that in the novels?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:13   Link #2005
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
>>childish

Uhm, no gramps, the entire gg staff thinks Kampfer is terrible. We had a poll to see what we thought was the best and worst anime we were subbing, Sacred Blacksmith and Kampfer were the bottom 2.

"Common consensus" doesn't apply to us. And frankly, my comment is extremely positive and compliments Kampfer for doing something consistently.
If you prefer to extend my "childish" label to the entire gg staff, please be my guest. No problem.

The common consensus of the anime viewers (as also reflected in anime board comments, DB ratings, blogs etc) is as I wrote. Decent start, very strong middle, and a terrible WTF episode 11. It's not been "consistently bad" for the vast majority of anime fans. And pretending otherwise - particularly in the typical broad-brush-hits-all style which you/gg repeatedly exhibit when you're on your latest trolling spree - is, in my most humble opinion, indeed far away from mature.

But since when would that bother you? ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:32   Link #2006
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
But saying Kampfer is worse than Princess Lover? Gah. In PL they introduce a bad guy that is REALLY bad, yet at the end the hero just lets him go. In PL they introduce a 4 episode arc that concluded the series but did NOTHING about the overall story.

Yah, Kampfer isn't that great, but it's still GREAT!
Both shows are terrible, IMO. But Kampfer is still a lot better than Princess Lover. At least Kampfer knows what is its selling points and it concentrates on those elements (fanservice, comedy, yuri, harem etc etc...) But big problem in Princess Lover is that the plot suddenly starts to get serious involving political and it fails miserably. Also, a character like Shizuku is more lovable than the entire Princess Lover series.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:35   Link #2007
hinakatbklyn

Episodes 1 through 10, I see nothing wrong there. If there was a second season, it's possible the series could be saved. If Episode 11 alone caused the whole series to tank its reputation (if there was any to being with) they may decide not to continue on.

(Can't decide whether to continue past Ep 8 given the reviews)
(One thing's for sure. Now I need to check out the manga to see if it's any better.)
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:44   Link #2008
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Manga is scantilated up to Mikoto arc if I remember right.

But I will say this. Kampfer comes from the same staff as Tsukihime and Hayate, but it's OBVIOUS they used the Eiken director for it :P
Edit : Sorry got it wrong, Kampfer is drawn by JC Staff but the story is from NOMAD

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2009-12-11 at 14:25.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:47   Link #2009
KillerYandere
Yandere Overlord

I don't know why, but I'm suspecting this anime might at some point be licensed in the United States. With that being said, God only knows what they'll call it. With our luck it will either be called Warrior or Fighter or........Camper.....

Old 2009-12-11, 13:48   Link #2010
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
If you prefer to extend my "childish" label to the entire gg staff, please be my guest. No problem.

The common consensus of the anime viewers (as also reflected in anime board comments, DB ratings, blogs etc) is as I wrote. Decent start, very strong middle, and a terrible WTF episode 11. It's not been "consistently bad" for the vast majority of anime fans. And pretending otherwise - particularly in the typical broad-brush-hits-all style which you/gg repeatedly exhibit when you're on your latest trolling spree - is, in my most humble opinion, indeed far away from mature.

But since when would that bother you? ^_^;
If you go looking for positive comments, all you will find is positive comments and thus narrow your world to what you want it to be.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:48   Link #2011
KillerYandere
Yandere Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Episodes 1 through 10, I see nothing wrong there. If there was a second season, it's possible the series could be saved. If Episode 11 alone caused the whole series to tank its reputation (if there was any to being with) they may decide not to continue on.

(Can't decide whether to continue past Ep 8 given the reviews)
(One thing's for sure. Now I need to check out the manga to see if it's any better.)
The manga actually is better really. It's a tad darker and more plot oriented. Though it has fanservice too. . .

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the end of the manga and the end of the light novel series find themselves similar to the anime's ending minus the Jar Jar like stuffed animals singing some spoof of another song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
If you go looking for positive comments, all you will find is positive comments and thus narrow your world to what you want it to be.
Some people find it tiresome to read negative criticism and reviews of things they like to watch. So people go and look for the more positive criticisms. Sorry, but it's a fact of life.

Then again, most people don't care about bad reviews. It's only opinions of professionals or etc and they're almost always....IGNORED!

Last edited by KillerYandere; 2009-12-11 at 13:58.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:12   Link #2012
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So because more people say it's not bad means people who say the show is bad don't know what they're talking about?
Old 2009-12-11, 14:14   Link #2013
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Basically the entire storyline is too rushed, but great fanservice!

P.S Akane is the most perverted of all the girls to let him touch *there*. Wow.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:15   Link #2014
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Needs a Season II
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:18   Link #2015
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Akane is the most perverted of all the girls to let him touch *there*. Wow.
I wouldn't say most perverted because of that. It's just that the other girls beat her to the other places first.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:20   Link #2016
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So because more people say it's not bad means people who say the show is bad don't know what they're talking about?
that's just matter of opinion. i found most of kampfer's episode to be entertaining. it's mainly episode 11's second half that sucked a lot, but that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Basically the entire storyline is too rushed, but great fanservice!
kampfer wasn't really rushed from an anime only viewer's perspective. it's only episode 11 that's rushed.

this show should have been 24 episodes instead of 12.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:21   Link #2017
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
that's just matter of opinion. i found most of kampfer's episode to be entertaining. it's mainly episode 11's second half that sucked a lot, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah i know it's a matter of opinion, though i was just pointing out what Mentar was saying wasn't really fare.

& yeah would have been nice if it was 24 episodes. A lot more time for more fun fluff.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:04   Link #2018
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I think Kampfer could had been made into a awesome long series, there was a lot of story line to tell and so many plots and paths that it could had followed but it got pissed upon with a rushed ending, I loved the art work and the colours and the whole feel of the show.

The fight with the white kampfers ended too fast.

I don't understand it, how can great shows like this end so fast but kiddy crap like Bleach and One Piece go on for 100s of episodes.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 15:11   Link #2019
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
So what is the best to say about this "final" epsiode? It's open-ended and so you can hope for a better second season!

I still can't believe it. They ruined almost the entire show in 15 minutes.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:27   Link #2020
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
*shrug*

It's more like those people that insist that it has consistently been crap all time while the majority of people disagree with it should be contradicted. Otherwise they give bad advice to people who might want to know.

Besides, an anime is for those people who LIKE to watch it. Those who don't should get their kicks elsewhere. For example, I certainly wouldn't diss Koda's warm BL fringe shows, because they're certainly interesting for those who like the genre

Now, gg did the show, so they deserve some thanks for that, and if they want to dump on it, be my guest. I did enjoy the run, except for few select parts.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen