AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-06, 15:16   Link #261
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Okay that's cool, thanks guys.

I'll be playing this patch just as soon as I finish my current VN
Old 2010-10-08, 06:13   Link #262
JJDunn
The Basic One

Send a message via MSN to JJDunn
*waits for an update*

Bored at work atm, just spamming this so I can use my signature
Old 2010-10-12, 18:37   Link #263
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

This may be kind of a retarded question, and I'm not even sure what I want to ask, but... is there anything I should know about playing this game as I go into it? Play order wise?

With Clannad I just assumed I could go about my merrily little way and do the routes whatever order I want, but as it turns out there were lots of rules, and once I realized this I had to reinstall the game and skip my way through all the stuff I had already seen >.<

So what about this game? I have heard there is a casual arc, although the concept confuddles me, am I supposed to do that first?

Right now I'm attempting to get onto Kurugaya's route, so far she is my favorite, although surprisingly I seem to like all the characters! Even the boys (apart from Kengo is boring as dishwater).

Thanks a lot for the translation, I'm really enjoying this game I like the baseball, I'm sure I saw Kurugaya teleport at some point, although maybe I was just hallucinating.
Old 2010-10-12, 22:05   Link #264
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
This may be kind of a retarded question, and I'm not even sure what I want to ask, but... is there anything I should know about playing this game as I go into it? Play order wise?

With Clannad I just assumed I could go about my merrily little way and do the routes whatever order I want, but as it turns out there were lots of rules, and once I realized this I had to reinstall the game and skip my way through all the stuff I had already seen >.<

So what about this game? I have heard there is a casual arc, although the concept confuddles me, am I supposed to do that first?

Right now I'm attempting to get onto Kurugaya's route, so far she is my favorite, although surprisingly I seem to like all the characters! Even the boys (apart from Kengo is boring as dishwater).

Thanks a lot for the translation, I'm really enjoying this game I like the baseball, I'm sure I saw Kurugaya teleport at some point, although maybe I was just hallucinating.
There are "rules" in Little Busters, but you don't have a choice but to follow them. The rule is, you have to complete all of the girls' routes (including one girl whose first route is a bad end, then complete her better end), then you get access to a special part that neatly finishes all of the stories, Refrain. For the girl with two routes, you have to do the bad end version before you can do the better end version, and you can only do the better end version after you finish her bad end and the other five girls' stories.

Someone also said that if you want to have good chances of beating the baseball game, do it either before you beat the first route (not counting the bad end route) or while doing one of the last routes; supposedly the rival team is super easy before you beat the game for the first time, but after that their skills get kicked up a few notches and they're near impossible to beat unless you have stellar stats.

LB! doesn't have all those lights and stuff like Clannad does, so it's not as confusing. There's also an unofficial rule about what order to beat the routes in to get the most out of the game (basically do Rin 1 first, then whoever you want out of Komari, Kud, Yuiko, Haruka, and Mio, then Rin's better end, then Refrain). IMO if you have the original LB!, not EX, ME or Converted, you should play Rin 1, then Kud, then Haruka, since their routes weren't very good in the original game. They were revised for the new versions of the games, though, so in those any order would do IMHO).

Also, if you have EX, ME, or Converted, there's a special surprise after beating Refrain (hint: it comes in a pack of three with a fourth mini extra). Won't tell what to avoid spoilers. You don't have to pay any attention to the surprise, but it'll be worth your while!
Old 2010-10-13, 06:20   Link #265
JJDunn
The Basic One

I'm still looking forward to the translated Komari route. I've completed the Clannad VN, but to do it properly I used a guide for the choices. Got all lights, all unlocks for event screenshots and music.

Now that I completed the Kurugaya route (not sure if it's a bad end, it did play credits with "Song for friends"), I certainly unlocked some event screenshots that I didn't see while playing. Some will probably know what I mean so I don't have to spoil.

Does winning or losing the baseball match affect the story? Seeing "We lost..." just makes me laugh after all that effort.

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-10-13, 10:21   Link #266
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
There are "rules" in Little Busters, but you don't have a choice but to follow them. The rule is, you have to complete all of the girls' routes (including one girl whose first route is a bad end, then complete her better end), then you get access to a special part that neatly finishes all of the stories, Refrain. For the girl with two routes, you have to do the bad end version before you can do the better end version, and you can only do the better end version after you finish her bad end and the other five girls' stories.

Someone also said that if you want to have good chances of beating the baseball game, do it either before you beat the first route (not counting the bad end route) or while doing one of the last routes; supposedly the rival team is super easy before you beat the game for the first time, but after that their skills get kicked up a few notches and they're near impossible to beat unless you have stellar stats.

LB! doesn't have all those lights and stuff like Clannad does, so it's not as confusing. There's also an unofficial rule about what order to beat the routes in to get the most out of the game (basically do Rin 1 first, then whoever you want out of Komari, Kud, Yuiko, Haruka, and Mio, then Rin's better end, then Refrain). IMO if you have the original LB!, not EX, ME or Converted, you should play Rin 1, then Kud, then Haruka, since their routes weren't very good in the original game. They were revised for the new versions of the games, though, so in those any order would do IMHO).

Also, if you have EX, ME, or Converted, there's a special surprise after beating Refrain (hint: it comes in a pack of three with a fourth mini extra). Won't tell what to avoid spoilers. You don't have to pay any attention to the surprise, but it'll be worth your while!
Thanks, that info is gunna be a lot of help

I was kinda worried, but for now I'll probably continue to pursue Kurugaya, and maybe play the common route near the end? I'm assuming its Rin that you have to do all the routes to get the good end on, right?

Edit: and as for the suprise, I have no idea xD

I'm playing the translation btw, I can't read Japanese characters, but I can understand Romaji Currently learning, but its a pain in the bum.
Old 2010-10-18, 02:05   Link #267
SoulofSomfing

btw anyone know what the stats for each character does in rank fights and the baseball match?

I got a feeling i shouldnt be posting this here...

oh yea anyway to get Kengo to join the baseball team? Gettin hit in the centre field sucks

annnd one more thing...is there a way to transfer the stats that u gain to a new game to go a new route?

and for som reason, i cant get Rin strong enough to pwn sasawaza somfing girl, any tips?

EDIT: took out a question since i done Bad end rin route, and Komari u said that when u finish refrain for EX, ME u get the surprise. By converted did u mean english patched or its somfing else. I only got the normal Little buster game

Last edited by SoulofSomfing; 2010-10-18 at 09:20.
Old 2010-10-18, 15:03   Link #268
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
btw anyone know what the stats for each character does in rank fights and the baseball match?

I got a feeling i shouldnt be posting this here...

oh yea anyway to get Kengo to join the baseball team? Gettin hit in the centre field sucks

annnd one more thing...is there a way to transfer the stats that u gain to a new game to go a new route?

and for som reason, i cant get Rin strong enough to pwn sasawaza somfing girl, any tips?

EDIT: took out a question since i done Bad end rin route, and Komari u said that when u finish refrain for EX, ME u get the surprise. By converted did u mean english patched or its somfing else. I only got the normal Little buster game
Converted is the PS2 (and PSP, I think?) version; it's the exact same game as ME as far as I know.
Old 2010-10-18, 21:38   Link #269
SoulofSomfing

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Converted is the PS2 (and PSP, I think?) version; it's the exact same game as ME as far as I know.
wat psp? there is? Dam if there is im geting it. O wait but theres no patch for psp though rite? only pc?
anyyyways how to beat sasawazasomfing girl or get kengo into the team, i wanna beat her and win the baseball match.

So which routes are translated rite nao? Doesnt seem Komari is.
And is Refrain Translated as well?

Last edited by SoulofSomfing; 2010-10-19 at 06:05.
Old 2010-10-19, 06:14   Link #270
JJDunn
The Basic One

Rin's route has been translated until you reach the bad end, so has Kurugaya's but I'm not sure if her end is good or bad (Wont spoil, but if it played "song for friends" at the credits, I'm guessing that's good). The common route is basically until the baseball match. I think Refrain will be translated last after all other routes are translated. Komari's will be coming out this month, according to previous posts.

Phew... what else?

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-10-19, 06:27   Link #271
SoulofSomfing

oh snap im already in komari route. Shoulda went yui-chan route then wait for patch lol.
also i managed to win the baseball match, made me lol. And is the only way to beat sasagami is to trade Riki's accessories that he might get from other ppl to RIn?

Snap did Komari go nuts? after she speaks about her older bro she looks disoriented

EDIT: i tihnk i found out how to get Kengo into the team, Apparently u need 500 hits to get him in. But 500 hits? How the HELL ARE U SUPPOSED TO GET THAT!?I CAN BARELY MANAGE UP TO 7 HIT COMBO ARHHH Som1 HELP

EDIT 2" Great.. wiki says that Kengo will join in a 2nd playthrough (not counting RIn bad route) Im confused..

Btw is it Rin only have the bad ending when Riki collapses. Cause so far in Komari route im on it looks like one ending unless u choose the bbad choice where it later takes u bac to the title screen

Last edited by SoulofSomfing; 2010-10-19 at 08:51.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:49   Link #272
lightl

well 3.0 patch is up that translate komari route
Old 2010-10-19, 11:24   Link #273
JJDunn
The Basic One

Since when?!

Found it for anyone that needs it

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...Little_Busters!

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-10-19, 20:48   Link #274
SoulofSomfing

Omg i just did komari route untrans ahrhhh

Btw.. how does Masato's Hand Grip accessory do anything, i dont see my stat increase in any ways

Last edited by SoulofSomfing; 2010-10-19 at 21:48.
Old 2010-10-20, 13:39   Link #275
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Awesome that komari's route is up, can't wait to play

Also, I've just played Kurugaya's route and I have a question...

Spoiler for Kurugaya route:
Old 2010-10-20, 13:48   Link #276
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Spoiler for Kurugaya route:
Yes. Ten Characters.
Old 2010-10-20, 19:00   Link #277
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
IMO if you have the original LB!, not EX, ME or Converted, you should play Rin 1, then Kud, then Haruka, since their routes weren't very good in the original game. They were revised for the new versions of the games, though, so in those any order would do IMHO).
What are those two routes like in the original game then? (I finished those routes on EX)
Old 2010-10-20, 22:29   Link #278
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
What are those two routes like in the original game then? (I finished those routes on EX)
They weren't written as well as the others were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDunn View Post
I'm still looking forward to the translated Komari route. I've completed the Clannad VN, but to do it properly I used a guide for the choices. Got all lights, all unlocks for event screenshots and music.

Now that I completed the Kurugaya route (not sure if it's a bad end, it did play credits with "Song for friends"), I certainly unlocked some event screenshots that I didn't see while playing. Some will probably know what I mean so I don't have to spoil.

Does winning or losing the baseball match affect the story? Seeing "We lost..." just makes me laugh after all that effort.
The baseball game doesn't affect the story, but winning the game gets you a CG, so you'll have to win in order to get 100% completion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulofSomfing View Post
wat psp? there is? Dam if there is im geting it. O wait but theres no patch for psp though rite? only pc?
anyyyways how to beat sasawazasomfing girl or get kengo into the team, i wanna beat her and win the baseball match.

So which routes are translated rite nao? Doesnt seem Komari is.
And is Refrain Translated as well?
Yeah, there's no patch to translate Converted into English, and I doubt there ever will be by fluffy. Not that I know a lot about computers, but from what I've seen, hacking into the PC game is hard enough. You could manage to do it somehow though, maybe by making your own patch or reading the translated SEEN next to Converted.
Old 2010-10-20, 22:53   Link #279
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
They weren't written as well as the others were.
Did the plot change over the transition? Or was it the same plot just rewritten?
Old 2010-10-21, 05:01   Link #280
SoulofSomfing

Is the bad route for kurugaya is the ending where u see her playing the piano in summer clothing? IF so then the good route is also translated rite? Which i think its after u beat refrain?
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation