AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 51 48.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-17, 14:35   Link #81
deadite

I wonder if that dream Jinta had in the second episode with Menma and the flower field meant anything?
Old 2011-06-17, 15:36   Link #82
CWW
Lurker

MANTEARS.JPG

Spoiler:

And to those of you who find it a bit too melodramatic, you haven't watched asian dramas, have you? I shed mantears watching those when I was a teen.
Old 2011-06-17, 15:50   Link #83
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
no anime has ever made me cry.
Unless you just started watching anime, I don't believe this...

True Tears, Saikano, Clannad after story, Elfen Lied, Angel beats, ... a few that I remember without looking anything up.
Old 2011-06-17, 16:25   Link #84
CWW
Lurker

I just don't cry easily. Dunno why. Weird considering I'm a romance junkie.

Also, that is some sig you got there.
Old 2011-06-17, 16:53   Link #85
cyth
Banned

So here's a possible scenario:

1. Menma actually went to heaven, but Jinta now sees her as a hallucination! \plot_twist/
2. Jinta eventually realizes that he's crazy and kills himself.
3. HAPPY END
Old 2011-06-17, 17:08   Link #86
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
So here's a possible scenario:

1. Menma actually went to heaven, but Jinta now sees her as a hallucination! \plot_twist/
2. Jinta eventually realizes that he's crazy and kills himself.
3. HAPPY END
haha i like this "sixth sense" sort of route

JINTA IS ACTUALLY THE GHOST

lol
Old 2011-06-17, 18:19   Link #87
TrippedUp

I know people say that Anaru has been getting over dramatic, but I almost bawled when she called Jintan irreplaceable. I'm been there with unrequited love, and it f****** sucks.

Right now, Jintan is really pissing me off. He refuses to let Menma go, not caring that she actually WANTS to go, and being completely oblivious to how the others feel.

I just really hope Yukiatsu doesn't go all MANma again...
Old 2011-06-17, 18:52   Link #88
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

At this point, they aren't even suggesting that Menma remaining would be a good end. It's tragic for Jintan, and it's hard to blame him for being unwilling to let her go, but he has to, and it seems she won't leave until he's ready to let her. Jinta needs to grow up and accept what has happened, because the longer he dallies, the harder it is on everyone. Menma's brought them all together again, but these floating diaries, half-measures, and cobbled-together rituals are in some ways driving them all even further apart.

As a lot of us expected, Tsuruko holds the key, possibly in more ways than one. Her haircut suggests that she's no longer trying to replace Menma, and while it might make her more homely, it's very true to who she is. I also would like to double check something with all of you: Is Tsuruko the only member of the Super Peace Busters who has not been shown wrestling with the nagging feeling that she is responsible for the chain of events that lead to the accident? I hate to say it, but if so, the rules of drama suggests that there could be something to the theory that she may have (accidentally) been involved in the tragedy.

The brief check-in with Anaru confirms to me that she's now truly stuck in time. There can be no further development without a major seismic shift; something has to give before she can move forward. It's like a much more immediate and acute analogy to what Jinta has been going through since Menma's death.

I'm convinced - though I'm sure many will disagree - that Anaru and Yukiatsu would be poison for one another at this stage in their lives. Maybe they could each use a good whirlwind romance to clear their heads, but not with each other. Their baggage is too entangled, and there's too much history smoldering between them.

They are going to great pains to show Menma speaking regularly to Jinta's mother. The climax, and the secret almost certainly involve her, or something she said to Menma before she died. Also, like a lot of people said a few episodes ago, Menma's unfinished business is apparently for Jintan, not for herself.

Fine episode. The series is moving at an exhausting pace by necessity, and we could really use a breather now and then so that we don't become weary to the WHAM moments. But hey, el oh el, one cour, and you can't say they aren't making the most of what they have.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:54   Link #89
LittleLamb

I think the next episode will be based around jintan having to let go of Menma. As for the reincarnation thing; I think what Menma was going to tell Jintan was that even if his mother's gone. She may be reincarnated as a flower, something pretty... etc. A comforting gesture of surprise for him I think.

My perspective on this episode? Honestly; I couldn't help but not cry. The emotions that the characters all portrayed was absolutely heartbreaking. Anaru for instance crying on her way home from the secret base after Jintan had finally confessed his feelings. Tsuruko actually confessing her love for Yukiatsu. Aaah; as for Yukiatsu, poor thing; even he can't let go of Menma, the whole wig caressing was a bit much though.

Jintan actually admitting his feelings for Menma aloud was good; except for the whole marrying her ghost... wtf? o.O I'm glad Menma said she wanted to go Heaven, it gives a sense that she's content with everything.

And Poppo! Gaaah! Poppo; my favourite character, the cheerful, outgoing and energetic one of the bunch; when he was constantly saying 'say it...say it...say it...' I couldn't help but be frightened in some sense. Maybe he was there at the incident of Menma's death, no?

Also; Menma's mother decided to come after all. Aaaw; poor Yukiatsu, did you see the reaction on his face when Jintan turned to see Menma? His face just said it all. Argh! Why does it have to end in the next episode :'( WHY?

A perfect 10. Nicely executed and had me on the edge of my seat ;]
Old 2011-06-17, 19:02   Link #90
Finiraldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
how does this confirms that Menma reincarnates? LHS looks like the older Menma the one only Jinta sees, and the RHS looks like the old Menma the one that looks EXACTLY like the one in the little shrine thing in Menma's house. In episode 1 where Menma's mother is praying for Menma. In the picture Menma is wearing exactly the same yukata. Unless the bottom left hand side the japanese says that it's not Menma it doesn't prove that Menma reincarnates
Read his whole post. He said she'll reincarnate into forget-me-nots, which are the flowers and petals both Menmas are surrounded by in that picture.

Still praying they won't go in that direction and do something new. Yeah, it works given the themes of this story, but... XP
Old 2011-06-17, 19:26   Link #91
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Jintan went and said it after all. Hard to find good dramas like this nowadays, kinda glad Menma did not disappear, or not the show would have ended after the next episode.

Whats up with Yukiatsu anyway? his obsession is kind of... interesting?
Old 2011-06-17, 20:30   Link #92
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
This episode was really moving, especially towards the end. I was ready to bawl until I saw Menma and I was like DUDE WHAT THE.
As she's my least favorite character, I was annoyed by Anjou throughout the episode. I honestly think Tsuruko has had it tougher, yet she's the one who's remained strong. All Anjou does is whine and constantly compare herself to Menma and her hate-jealousy is so ugh. I can't stand her sometimes.
Poppo creeped me out when he wouldn't stop to say "say it", the scene was a bit odd because of that. It was touching though, and the scene after that about Menma and Jintan getting married. I'm the only one who's rooted for this pair around here. I'm so excited for next week, I have no idea what to expect but I know it won't be a let down.
Old 2011-06-18, 00:05   Link #93
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sand in my eyes. Tsk.

I gave this episode another 8. Really high praise for me. Damn this show and its drama.
Old 2011-06-18, 00:15   Link #94
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
As she's my least favorite character, I was annoyed by Anjou throughout the episode. I honestly think Tsuruko has had it tougher, yet she's the one who's remained strong. All Anjou does is whine and constantly compare herself to Menma and her hate-jealousy is so ugh. I can't stand her sometimes.
Yeah, she really annoyed me with her whole "You don't know what it's like" bull.
She needs to move on from Jinta.
Her relationship with him only hurts her and brings out her bad side.
Old 2011-06-18, 01:33   Link #95
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

What better way to recover from my team losing the stanley cup, and my city getting subsumed with rioting than a new episode of AnoHana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I'm convinced - though I'm sure many will disagree - that Anaru and Yukiatsu would be poison for one another at this stage in their lives.
I definitely agree. Their entanglement seems more to do with the strangeness of this situation than any real spark. They both need a reason or an excuse to forget about their problems with now with Jintan and Memna, but that wouldn't be the way to do it.

I found this episode dealt more with the peace busters reflecting on who they are to each other as much as they are to Memna. Anjou said that after all this time it was Memna who's kept the group close, and her close to Jinta. To which Yukiatsu said "it's something to be grateful for." I read sincerity in the way he said that. I don't think he's entirely self motivated in this, even though he's carrying a lot of weight over what happened.

Near the start of the series Tsuruko was dismissive of Anjou, but in this episode they shared their mutual feelings of unrequited love. I'm equally interested in how the group will move on after Memna is gone, than in what will actually happen in order to get her to rest in peace.

Their group was shattered when she died, and they've come to realize how many of those pieces never got picked back up. A big theme in this series has been facing those feelings. Memna seemed happiest and also most concerned with them being friends and having fun like old times. When (if) Memna is gone again I'm really wondering if they'll be able to stay friends as they were before or whether life will pull them away from each other again.
Old 2011-06-18, 02:13   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
Their group was shattered when she died, and they've come to realize how many of those pieces never got picked back up. A big theme in this series has been facing those feelings. Memna seemed happiest and also most concerned with them being friends and having fun like old times. When (if) Memna is gone again I'm really wondering if they'll be able to stay friends as they were before or whether life will pull them away from each other again.
The problem is -- were they ever truly friends? It seems like each of them saved for Poppo and Jinta resented another member of the gang to some extent. The worst case being Yukatsu of course. He's always hated Jinta's guts and only hang around with the gang to be with Menma. He's not the type of guy I could call a friend if I were in Jinta's place. The only true bro in this series is Poppo.

I'm not starting to think it might be better for everybody if they moved on and went their seperate ways. Right now, they are only hurting each other.
Old 2011-06-18, 02:38   Link #97
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that bastard yukiatsu!!!! How can he set up that kind of setting again..... Even Poppo supports that??!!!
but thanks to that scene, finally we can understand many things about Tsuruko....
*ah damn! my tears*

yeah! it looks like that no one actually can't change Menma's will to go to heaven... I feel sorry for Jinta but he must think about Menma's feelings
looks like Saa-kun becomes one of my favourite character too

everyone already knows that firework actually isn't Menma's true will
I'm curious about the next episode
hopefully they will give us a happy and good ending

10/10 for this episode.... they have successfully distorted my feelings and emotions
Old 2011-06-18, 03:15   Link #98
Longiy

Talking

This show is ridiculous, yet entertaining especially Yukiatsu's constant anti-Jintan attitude . Well but that's the price for being idiot Only sane char is Tsuruko and she should just dump that crazy bunch of stuckedinpast group
Old 2011-06-18, 03:18   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
that bastard yukiatsu!!!! How can he set up that kind of setting again..... Even Poppo supports that??!!!
Yes, because matters have to be settled for a ghost to pass on. That's all it is.
Old 2011-06-18, 03:48   Link #100
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longiy View Post
Well but that's the price for being idiot Only sane char is Tsuruko and she should just dump that crazy bunch of stuckedinpast group
She's just the same. Dude, the short hair!
Closed Thread