Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 17:20   Link #861
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
My main issue with using it to scout is the excruciatingly slow travel speed of its turret which make it difficult to defend yourself especially from other scouts or even just in close range where as at least in the wolverine its armour is a little more substantial.
Main tactic of of T49 is Peek-a-boo. you hit. then run and hide. then hit again . it also smaller so hiding is easier

Quote:
While on the subject of the ELC one managed to one hit kill my churchill-I the other night which promptly made me flip out and I just sold it out of frustration...
Well i manage to destroy tier IX with my ELC today so.... (well it already half of his health. but still)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:19   Link #862
willx
Nyaaan~~

Whee! Such a satisfying game! No Top Gun, no famous medals..

2 enemy heavies left vs. Me (Pz4), low 3001H and low JagPanth ..

We set off from our base, find them in the middle, try to encircle them but the JagPanth gets picked off .. we think about what to do .. and make a run for it! We start capping their base and they're too slow to get back to stop us!
Old 2012-12-20, 18:36   Link #863
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Thats pretty much the my main tactic for all TD's, speed to a good position take a few shots and retreat back to safer position and repeat (or advance depending on how the games going).

I've found that in the turreted TD's your just as screwed if some one manages to get behind you as you would be in a fixed gun TD.

Also the ELC's are insane, they are like the sports car of the tank world.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 19:28   Link #864
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

When I first saw the ELC speeding willy-nilly left and right, my first thought was "crap what the heck was that, a French T-50-2?!"

Interesting to see how the opinions of the ELC on this thread mirrors that of the T-50-2 I've seen all too often in the official WoT forums.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 19:38   Link #865
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm getting pretty good at nailing reckless T-50-2 (and BT-7) drivers with deflection shots.

The ELC AMX is a pain because it's only about three feet high.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:02   Link #866
LeoXiao
思想工作

The ELC is a pain to play because it's pretty much a TD with amazing speed. In order to kill something you have to dive bomb it. There's no way to just do anti-arty drive-bys the way the T-50-2 can.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:04   Link #867
Sumeragi
Banned

ELC is basically an overpowered assault gun.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:08   Link #868
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ELC is the ultimate flanker. with your amazing speed, you go to behind the enemy line. dodging every bullet. make sure there is teamates behind you so it can keep enemy busy. shot on the back. BAM!

thought this startegy only work if you manage to isolate your enemy

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:31   Link #869
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

That is how I see it used a lot of the time, they will charge in and usually attempt to cap or such to draw attention while the SPG's rain down shells and the rest of the team roll in.

I've been taken out quite a few times in my TD's when an ELC would simply speed past me and parks itself in my blind spot with plenty of time to take me down before I can turn.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:35   Link #870
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The height is also what make it hard to deal with on some maps, where only the wall is enough to cover the whole tank.

Also, I don't know why people prefer to play the KV-1. Even with the M4 I could circle around and kill it.

Btw, last night, I got one shot in my Churchill III by a freaking PzIV from the front at 100m or more. I don't even know how could that possible.
Old 2012-12-20, 21:38   Link #871
Marina2

I moved from Panzer 38(t) (Tier3) to PzKpfw 38 nA (Tier 4) yesterday.....

Man, this game start to be painful for me now, being a tier 4 light tank and has to face up to tier 7 heavy tank........Look like scouting, detracking, and destroying SPG are only 3 things I can do for my team right now.

I'm also thinking to change my aim from a Tiger to a Panther.
Old 2012-12-20, 21:48   Link #872
Gravitas Free Zone

Yeah, the matchmaking with the Pz38nA can make you sad.

But I enjoy the thing. At the very least, it doesn't catch as much air driving at full speed as my M3 Stuart does.
Old 2012-12-20, 21:52   Link #873
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The grinding for M6's gun is way too painful....I almost lost the will to play it other than getting the 1st win everyday. It reminds me how much I suffered through this child in the past.

On the other hand, finally got the 90mm for the Hellcat, and this thing is absolutely terrifying with its speed. I'd love it more if the accelerate speed is better. Currently it's kinda slow to be actively gun and run.

By the way, what makes the Easy 8 better than an M4? It has almost the same gun, with increased armor but it also moves up a tier which render the extra armor pointlessly. Its speed feel the same, as the maneuver. I'm not saying it's a bad tank. I just wonder is there anything make it's a better tank than an M4 in WoT.
Old 2012-12-20, 22:19   Link #874
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
By the way, what makes the Easy 8 better than an M4? It has almost the same gun, with increased armor but it also moves up a tier which render the extra armor pointlessly. Its speed feel the same, as the maneuver. I'm not saying it's a bad tank. I just wonder is there anything make it's a better tank than an M4 in WoT.
The advantage is mainly in the improved handling and mobility: fully upgraded, an Easy 8 has better power-to-weight ratio than a fully upgraded M4, resulting in better ability to accelerate and maintain speed when travelling. Also, the Easy 8 has a faster turning rate than the M4, which combined with above makes it a more nimble tank.

It's the gun that I find to be the best reason to have the Easy 8 over the M4. The 76mm M1A2 gun, while no different penetration and damage-wise from the 76mm M1A1, has a much faster rate of fire, making it more adept at on-the-move shots. It's easier to accept misses when running & gunning when you can fire off lost of shells within a shorter amount of time.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 22:53   Link #875
Sumeragi
Banned

Waiting to upgrade the turret and suspension before leading the Königstiger out of its cage.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 22:55   Link #876
willx
Nyaaan~~

The winter celebration is coming!

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1872-wi...-announcement/

30% credit and gold discount on Emblems
50% gold discount on Barracks for your crewmen
90% gold discount on Crew Renaming
25% credit and gold discount on Camouflage

Discount on the following Premium Account packages:
One year (360 days) for 21,600
Six months (180 days) for 12,150

Credit income boost: +70%
V Churchill I
V T1 Heavy Tank
V StuG III
V S-35 CA
V T-34

Credit income boost: +30%
VII Black Prince
VII T29
VII Jagdpanther
VII AMX AC Mle. 1946
VII T-43
Old 2012-12-20, 23:01   Link #877
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
**Experience bonus for the first victory of the day: 5x
This is what I am looking forward the most. Finally I could advance quickly on those painful grinds. Gotta work toward the Churchill I fast.
Old 2012-12-20, 23:16   Link #878
Gravitas Free Zone

Yay, I have tanks that can benefit from the income boost. And 5x first win bonus XP, yay!

Meanwhile... saw a Reddit post calling the TOG an "XP pińata." I'm inclined to agree, having just shot one in the side five times, in a battle that saw me do nearly 3000 damage across seven tanks (five kills, 31 shots, 28 hits, 26 penetrations).

Then I saw THREE TOGs in Himmelsdorf. Oyyyyy.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2012-12-20 at 23:41. Reason: But wait, there's more!
Old 2012-12-21, 02:46   Link #879
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The advantage is mainly in the improved handling and mobility: fully upgraded, an Easy 8 has better power-to-weight ratio than a fully upgraded M4, resulting in better ability to accelerate and maintain speed when travelling. Also, the Easy 8 has a faster turning rate than the M4, which combined with above makes it a more nimble tank.

It's the gun that I find to be the best reason to have the Easy 8 over the M4. The 76mm M1A2 gun, while no different penetration and damage-wise from the 76mm M1A1, has a much faster rate of fire, making it more adept at on-the-move shots. It's easier to accept misses when running & gunning when you can fire off lost of shells within a shorter amount of time.
This, pretty much.

When I was playing the E8, it was the one tank I would actually use the autoaim function on regularly. I needed to watch where I was going while I'm circlejerking an enemy tank to make sure I don't hit a rock and come to a stop, and the M1A2 with vertical stabilizer attached is accurate enough on the move to make its many shots hit home.

Of course, I tend to be reckless with the E8, which accounts for my not-great win rate on it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 03:00   Link #880
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
TOG battles are fun to watch. We had a platoon earlier where we got into this battle with THREE TOGs per side.

On other news, been using the extra exp to research some of the other National lines. I near-instantly got a B1, but I was thinking of going through the French light line too for the ELC AMX. :P

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks