Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-09, 21:32   Link #921
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Propaganda can go both ways.
Old 2013-04-09, 22:26   Link #922
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

North Korea prepares to test medium-range ballistic missile as it closes border with China

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/n-...#ixzz2Q1V57tYO

Another middle finger to China... for their own sake, Beijing should just explicit tell Pyongyang to kiss some @$$ because that's all little fatso and his army of runts are worth after several decades of efforts to help that wretched regime survive.
Old 2013-04-09, 22:36   Link #923
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
NK seeks attention from her Onee-sama... the wrong way....
Old 2013-04-09, 22:43   Link #924
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Eh, North Korea probably doesn't even know we exist.
True but the DPRK and the Philippines have non-resident ambassadors.

And as an FYI, some of the DPRK ICBMs could hit most of PH.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-04-09, 22:55   Link #925
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Another middle finger to China... for their own sake, Beijing should just explicit tell Pyongyang to kiss some @$$ because that's all little fatso and his army of runts are worth after several decades of efforts to help that wretched regime survive.
Except..... you know..... PRC owes its very existence to DPRK. How do you think PLA won the Civil War after being almost completely pushed back within Manchuria?
Old 2013-04-09, 23:12   Link #926
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Except..... you know..... PRC owes its very existence to DPRK. How do you think PLA won the Civil War after being almost completely pushed back within Manchuria?
Let me stop you right there. The PLA won the Civil War with the help of the Soviets who occupied Manchuria (I watched The Last Emperor too, you know), not with the DPRK's help. What are you talking about?

The following extract goes with that too.

Quote:
By the end of the Second Sino-Japanese War, the balance of power in China's civil war had shifted in favor of the Communists. Their main force grew to 1.2 million troops, with a Militia of 2 million. Their "Liberated Zone" contained 19 base areas, including 1/4 of the country's territory and 1/3 of its population; this included many important towns and cities. Moreover, the Soviet Union turned over all of their captured Japanese weapons and a substantial amount of their own supplies to the Communists, who received Northeastern China from the Soviets as well.

In March 1946, despite repeated requests from Chiang (kai-Shek), the Soviet Red Army under the command of general Malinovsky continued to delay pulling out of Manchuria while he secretly told the CPC forces to move in behind them, because Stalin wanted Mao to have firm control of at least the northern part of Manchuria before the complete withdrawal of the Soviets, which led to full-scale war for the control of the Northeast. These favourable conditions also facilitated many changes inside the Communist leaders: the more hard-line and firmer force finally gained the upper hand and defeated the opportunists
Old 2013-04-09, 23:15   Link #927
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
(I watched The Last Emperor too, you know)
I just love your choice for argument back ups. Though frankly, this is the first time I've heard about it as well.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:19   Link #928
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
I just love your choice for argument back ups. Though frankly, this is the first time I've heard about it as well.
How can I forget this movie as well as Empire of the Sun (based on a memoir) when looking anything describing the political/social situation in that part of the world beyond all the battles?

Anyway, let's not drop too far off-topic now. GenjiChan said it right: they are doing it wrong when it comes to seek attention.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:21   Link #929
NoemiChan
Banned

Something will blow up any moment.... good luck KiraYamatoFan
Old 2013-04-09, 23:21   Link #930
Ridwan

Hollywood movies are more reliable then books and actual experts. Thumbs up I agree.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:22   Link #931
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Movies are more reliable then books and actual experts. Thumbs up I agree.
Depends on the research and the production company..remember Hollywood

Sorry for being off topic... bye,
Old 2013-04-09, 23:27   Link #932
Sumeragi
Banned

Yeah, except between 50,000 to 70,000 Korean served in the PLA during the last stands in Manchuria and went all the way down to Hainan, 2,000 railway cars worth of matériel was donated, a safe refuge for non-combatants and communications with the rest of China were provided. Nope, Northern Korea did nothing.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:29   Link #933
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Right now, all eyes are on the Kaesong complex. There has been some movement in and out at the gate in the last hour and everything can be seen live on the Reuters live stream.

edit: Great! Now the feed is dead.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-04-09 at 23:42.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:31   Link #934
Ridwan

I already knew North Koreans did assisted Chinese Communists that time but I didn't know it was to that extent.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:33   Link #935
Sumeragi
Banned

It's partly why Mao had to promise Kim that PRC will help DPRK with reunification. Basically a debt of honor that turned the Korean War into one of the bloodiest in history on a relative scale.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:33   Link #936
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Hollywood movies are more reliable then books and actual experts. Thumbs up I agree.
I heard that William Wallace consumed the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I learned that from Braveheart.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:46   Link #937
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah, but that was only the least thing William Wallace did. That was barely worthy of story with such a low showing with only the fireballs and lightning.....

Are the North Koreans trying to get someone to start a war with them? That seems to be the way this is going. With the Americans or South Koreans find something to justify going in their instead? Or try to brush the Kims off again?
Old 2013-04-09, 23:52   Link #938
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Are the North Koreans trying to get someone to start a war with them? That seems to be the way this is going. With the Americans or South Koreans find something to justify going in their instead? Or try to brush the Kims off again?
By the way things are going, the Norks are looking to pick a fight with almost everyone around (except the Russians so far). By playing with fire like that, the Kims and his friends will end up getting burned.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:54   Link #939
NoemiChan
Banned

Like I always say.. NK wants to play the victim of war... even though its totally obvious that its the opposite....
Old 2013-04-10, 00:02   Link #940
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not to their own people, if that article about what they think is correct. They feel everything is the Americans fault, even South Korea's attitude towards the North.