AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-14, 01:09   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 747 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time of week again! Credit goes to Redon and Aohige from AP forums for the initial spoiler summaries:

-Chapter title is "Executive Officer Pica". Splash page features Mihawk and Perona.

-At the coliseum, various pirates and warriors freed from the toy curse escape. Among them is the VA Maynard, who gets chewed out by VA Bastille. He gives his report, concluding that the world's balance will shift upon the arrest of Doflamingo. Meanwhile, Koala is investigating the underground harbor, and notices that some of the present pirate ships are disguised as merchant ships for the purpose of doing illegal trades. Back to the marines, Maynard asks Fujitora why he has yet to make a move in arresting Doflamingo, as he naturally wouldn't be able to remain a warlord anymore thanks to the current situation. The admiral tells him to listen to the cries of the citizens, which are not full of sadness...... but rage. He then says that the WG are not gods, and that his subordinates WILL obey his orders.

-Back to Dofla's group, Trebol asks him why it's no longer necessary to protect the factory. The warlord gives two answers: First, it's already protected with sea stone. Second, he already has the factory's keys on him, which he proceeds to destroy. Diamante then asks about Fujitora, and Dofla replies that the admiral won't touch him for now due to the deal they made. However, once this situation is dealt with, they'll have no choice but to kill him, though it will not be an easy job.....

-Pica says he'll take on both marines and pirates alike. Apparently, he has a high-pitched, childlike voice. Dofla tells him to leave them be, as they now have no choice but to choose who is the true king between him and Riku. At this point, a grunt bursts out laughing at Pica's voice. The officer is ready to kill him, but Baby 5 finishes him off instead, saying that at least this way there will be a body to return to his loved ones. Doflamingo then says that he lost his mother when he was 8 years old, and murdered his own father at age 10. He considers his officers to be the only true family he has, and will NOT forgive anyone who ridicules them.....

-Back outside, Sr. Pink, Machvise, and Dellinger are searching for Franky. It turns out our cyborg friend had to use the cola he reserved for the factory's destruction to replenish his energy. He then spots the factory (which is risen high up now due to Pica), and decides to destroy it with his beams. Suddenly, Luffy's group lands near the three officers! Not only that, but they're surrounded by enemies all around them! The three officers team up in an attempt to take out Luffy, but Zoro interrupts their attack. Luffy then prepares to knock out all of the surrounding enemies with conqueror's haki, but..... now Fujitora has appeared to join in on the fun. Back underground, Usopp's group are still busy escaping from the enemy pirates, while Sabo split away from them. Back outside, Zoro clashes with Fujitora once more, but yet another enemy appears..... Pica, who is now absolutely massive due to merging himself with the entire town! He says he'll take on any and all enemies of the Family, but Luffy just cracks up at the sound of his voice. Naturally, the officer is is very displeased by this....!!!!

My goodness, there's a LOT of info this chapter! Fujitora's reasons for not targeting Dofla right away are addressed (though I doubt some people here will be satisfied with his vague answer, lol), we finally start getting some more insight to Dofla's past, and finally we finally get a little more focus on Pica's character (should be amusing to hear his voice in the anime, heh). Personally, I'm kinda more amused at the idea of Dofla thinking he can take down an admiral, though he at least admits it would be a very difficult task.....
Old 2014-05-14, 03:37   Link #2
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Am I the only one who is loving the fuck out this arc?? Pardon the language, but damn this is way better than the fishman arc IMO. The scale of the whole thing just keeps getting bigger and more and more things that were 'swept under the rug' keep getting revealed to the world and it's just orgasmic.
Old 2014-05-14, 05:49   Link #3
Casshern

Luffy laughing it Peeka's voice in the end was the best ending
Old 2014-05-14, 05:54   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Luffy just made more and more enemies

Doflamingo is another nakama-minded character, eh...

anyway, Sabo is disappeared...
Old 2014-05-14, 06:48   Link #5
noktown

I assume Pica is going to go into rage mode but unexpectedly Fujitora will actually take him down,with his ability it should be easy I think.
Old 2014-05-14, 07:47   Link #6
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I assume Pica is going to go into rage mode but unexpectedly Fujitora will actually take him down,with his ability it should be easy I think.
It may too easy for Fuji to take him down. I'm thinking it maybe Luffy who knocks him down in his giant form or Zoro cutting him.
Old 2014-05-14, 08:45   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so can someone please explain to me why fuji don't capture dofla?? did they make a deal?
Old 2014-05-14, 09:03   Link #8
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Don is and ex world noble and pretty much has connections with them as well as the government in his pocket. So fuji was told to 'look the other way'.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:06   Link #9
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Luffy just made more and more enemies

Doflamingo is another nakama-minded character, eh...

anyway, Sabo is disappeared...

Yes I'm getting so damn impatient trying to find out what the hell Sabo is doing. Especially when he just showed up at the colosseum and just wrecked everyone's shit like that. I can't wait to see his full potential.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:22   Link #10
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oh man, Can't wait for the anime episode and who they chose as VA for Pica.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:25   Link #11
ri0

Awesome chapter in an awesome arc... I'm totally with you, DreGon!
I like that Zoro and Fujitora are crossing swords again - hopefully we see more action this time.

Luffy's reaction to Pica's voice was so characteristic This scene reminded me of a spoof video that has gone viral a couple of years ago, where the moderator Erik Hartman couldn't stop laughing as a reaction to one of his guest's voices. The issue of the episode was "operations gone wrong" and the guest's voice was high pitched because the operators damaged his vocal cords or something like this. If some of you like black humor, you should definitely youtube it!

What I found most interesting was the fact, that Doflamingo thinks, he can take down an admiral. Well, we'll see how that plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Meanwhile, Koala is investigating the underground harbor, and notices that some of the present pirate ships are disguised as merchant ships for the purpose of doing illegal trades.
Isn't it the other way round? The normal trading ships from "peaceful" countries are disguised as pirate ships, so those nations can participate in the underground actions undetected? That's why Koala was shown removing the fake pirate symbol.

Last edited by ri0; 2014-05-14 at 09:41.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:35   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh no, Sabo vanished! That must mean all those theories of him being Dofla were true!
Old 2014-05-14, 10:43   Link #13
coded321
He Who Games

Did anyone understand Fujitora's reasoning?
Old 2014-05-14, 10:50   Link #14
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Did anyone understand Fujitora's reasoning?
Nope. That was confusing.
Old 2014-05-14, 11:02   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Apparently, he has orders which he considers absolute. That is all...for now.
Old 2014-05-14, 11:27   Link #16
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Apparently, he has orders which he considers absolute. That is all...for now.
He's getting old and senile.
Old 2014-05-14, 11:43   Link #17
imza

I thought Fuji made it clear he is going to take out Mingo, he just wants to protect the people first.

I'm actually curious to see how much of Zoro vs Fuji we will get right now.
Old 2014-05-14, 12:03   Link #18
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... With Doflamingo considering his crew as his family... I guess it just really shows how much Law's betrayal affected him...
Old 2014-05-14, 12:50   Link #19
mrSh4dy

This arc is insane though, just look at the size of Pica and the strength of Dofla!!!
And this is just the early stages of the newworld just imagine the epicness of straw hats vs the Yonkou...
Old 2014-05-14, 14:31   Link #20
Rainbowman

Very epic chapter, but the fact that Pica has a child-like voice confuses me. How was that description put into the manga?
Closed Thread