AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-14, 15:18   Link #21
rladls2121

Except Bellamy, I don't think Donflamingo cared about Bellamy as much as his family/crews.
And Bellamy still did not betray him even after one of his family members tried to assasinate him.
Old 2014-05-14, 15:44   Link #22
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Except Bellamy, I don't think Donflamingo cared about Bellamy as much as his family/crews.
And Bellamy still did not betray him even after one of his family members tried to assasinate him.
Didn't Doflamingo say that "Executives" and higher are considered family? I figure Law was considered that, but Bellamy back in Jaya no... And probably not here in the New World.
Old 2014-05-14, 15:53   Link #23
rladls2121

What is with that treatment? And Bellamy worked so hard.

At most Crocodile never cared about Baraque Works high ranking members.

But then it is strange, shouldn't Crocodile and Mr 1. or maybe Moria should be in Dressarosa? Cloaked? Waiting for the opening to take Donflamingo's life.
Old 2014-05-14, 17:02   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
At most Crocodile never cared about Baraque Works high ranking members.

He never cared about ANYONE. He clearly said that himself back in Alabasta. Dofla, on the other hand, HAS shown that he cares for his closest comrades. We've seen that since Punk Hazard with Monet and Vergo. It's definitely clear that he has a long history with his top officers....

Quote:
But then it is strange, shouldn't Crocodile and Mr 1. or maybe Moria should be in Dressarosa? Cloaked? Waiting for the opening to take Donflamingo's life.
None of those guys have any reason to be at Dressrosa, nor do they have any reason to take down Doflamingo. Hell, I think it's way more likely that Croc would be one of Dofla's customers, rather than an enemy. I mean, shady underground business is right up his alley!

---------

Anyways, I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but I'm glad Oda finally gave Pica a proper intro this chapter. Heh, I wonder how many people are disappointed about the biggest, most intimidating (at least appearance-wise) of the officers having such an odd quirk like a childlike voice? Personally, I have no problems with it (in fact, I'm highly amused at the thought that he might have a Mickey Mouse-style falsetto voice ), but I imagine there might've been some folks who were hoping for a badass, stoic, no-nonsense mofo in Pica who was totally devoid of quirks.....

As far as Fujitora goes, I think he sorta intends for the Dressrosans to sort out their own problems. At least, that's what I gather from his line about the WG not being almighty gods or whatever. It's not like he DOESN'T want to help (he already made it clear that he wants to limit the amount of civilian casualties after all), but it looks like he doesn't intend to let the marines hold the country's hands while on the road to recovery, either. So I really think he's staying true to what he told Dofla before and is closely observing the country's situation before he makes any major movements, regardless of the objections from his own men.

This once again brings to mind the Alabasta arc, IMO. There was only so much the marines and Straw-Hats could do about that country's civil war at that time, as it was ultimately up to the rulers to put everything to an end. I think Fujitora also intends for the (rightful) rulers to quell the citizens' hearts, as direct interference from the WG may not result in a satisfactory outcome in the citizens' view. A country should stand on its own two feet, not allow itself to be manipulated like a puppet (an even more fitting metaphor considering who the current ruler is, lol).
Old 2014-05-14, 19:57   Link #25
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Very epic chapter, but the fact that Pica has a child-like voice confuses me. How was that description put into the manga?
it says that he has a high pitched voice
Old 2014-05-15, 01:01   Link #26
noktown

Pica reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-E_MsNp0gE
Old 2014-05-15, 09:50   Link #27
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Reminds me of a certain dog that had a broken speaker.
Old 2014-05-15, 13:58   Link #28
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

chris tucker would be a perfect fit for voicing pica

japanese VA? none that I could think off the top of my head

female VA perhaps? Kugimiya Rie would be a great fit
Old 2014-05-15, 19:06   Link #29
Kioras

So who imagined Pica with the voice of Mike Tyson?
Old 2014-05-16, 00:17   Link #30
Rainbowman

I wonder if Pica will have the same voice actor as the armored protagonist in Full Metal Alchemist?
Old 2014-05-16, 01:56   Link #31
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Just for the lulz, get steven j blum to do his digimon voice for pica, that would be a funny one.
Old 2014-05-16, 11:30   Link #32
golgo13

Did anyone else feel like Zoro's hesitance to go after the crowd and harm ordinary citizens and Luffy's proposal to use haki hints that Zoro does not possess CoC? That's unfortunate and conflicts with what happened with Miss Monday in Whiskey Peak...
Old 2014-05-16, 12:16   Link #33
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Did anyone else feel like Zoro's hesitance to go after the crowd and harm ordinary citizens and Luffy's proposal to use haki hints that Zoro does not possess CoC? That's unfortunate and conflicts with what happened with Miss Monday in Whiskey Peak...
IIRC, whiskey peak was base of bounty hunter/BW henchmen...not just ordinary citizen getting caught in the middle of conflict

= EDIT =

yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opwiki
This city is inhabited entirely by bounty hunters working for Baroque Works, who capture any bounty heads that land here to help fund Baroque Works' missions
Old 2014-05-16, 14:42   Link #34
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
IIRC, whiskey peak was base of bounty hunter/BW henchmen...not just ordinary citizen getting caught in the middle of conflict

= EDIT =

yep
You are correct about the citizens. I'm talking about haki.

Check chapter 108 pg 18. Where Zoro holds Miss Monday by the head and she falls unconscious foaming at the mouth, the closest glimmer that Zoro may possess CoC.
Old 2014-05-16, 15:19   Link #35
mrSh4dy

Quote:
You are correct about the citizens. I'm talking about haki.

Check chapter 108 pg 18. Where Zoro holds Miss Monday by the head and she falls unconscious foaming at the mouth, the closest glimmer that Zoro may possess CoC.
Meh, I always thought his fear inducing powers (his fight vs Kaku (Ashura), at Sabaody those bounty/slave hunters (could be anime only can't remember) and of course his fight vs Monet) was him using a different version of CoC...

Miss monday foaming seemed to be out of sheer pain.
Old 2014-05-16, 18:11   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Though speaking of Miss Monday, Peeka having a high voice pretty much made me think back to her anime debut. Seems like something that is thrown in on occasion, voice very much not matching up to what you'd expect from the size and impression of the character.

Should be interesting to see how this situation shapes up. How much is Fujitora going to get in the Straw Hats way? He can't or won't act directly against Mingo right now, but taking them out would leave less people to stop that lunatic for him. Plus with Peeka dropping down things really get complicated.
Old 2014-05-17, 01:39   Link #37
marvelB

Quote:

Oda confirmed in one of the more recent volume's SBS columns that Zoro's forte lies in armament haki. Luffy is the only one who specializes in conqueror's haki (Sanji, BTW, is more skilled with observation haki). Whether or not Zoro is capable of using CoC is still up in the air...... personally, I doubt it, though.

Also, I dunno if anyone else mentioned it, but the fact that Diamante and Trebol returned to the palace should mean extra bosses for Luffy's group to take on, no? I still think Zoro has dibs on Pica, but what about the other two top officers? Maybe Luffy will take on Diamante since he missed out on fighting him in the tournament? Maybe Law will take on him or Trebol he's freed from those chains? Or perhaps if Sabo is on his way to the palace, he'll be the one to take one of them on? I wouldn't mind seeing him wrapping up things with Diamante now that the tournament's over, personally.....
Old 2014-05-17, 05:25   Link #38
noktown

Damn that would be fun to watch Zoro vs Pica in his giant form,hopefully Fujitora will find someone else to fight,we all know even if Zoro vs Fujitora happens,nothing decisive will come out of this battle(at least in this arc).
Old 2014-05-17, 12:51   Link #39
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

What Luffy and Pica reminds me of
Old 2014-05-17, 13:46   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Doflamingo getting rid of Fujitora........that's a good one. And as I anticipated, it looks like the birdman is going to turn out to be somewhat of a sympathetic villain. He lost his mother at the age of 8 and clearly values real "family". Should be interesting to learn about his past.