AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-05, 17:02   Link #1041
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Please don't pollute our fanclub with pointless debates. Please.

Old 2009-01-05, 17:06   Link #1042
justavisitor

@father hentai
doesn't matter, as most threads in here only serves one purpose which is to say "something" about Ranka, tho in my opinion, Sheryl fanclub will be a better place, I am sure many inactive ppl will wake up and take the debate to the whole new level, pages will go so fast before ppl even notice it XD (I kid...)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-01-05, 17:20   Link #1043
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol you guys started it...
Really?

The last post from our camp was made on the 26th regarding this very subject. Dex was the one who revived it on the 4th, which was yesterday. Who started what now?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-05, 17:28   Link #1044
justavisitor

Exactly, Tak, Dex commented once and then four non-Ranka fans jumped on it..I am not saying it's not allowed for comment, but when non-Sheryl fans commented back after all the jumping from non-Ranka fans, non-Ranka fans says it's all over again, now who really starts it??

That's why I said move the discussion to Sheryl thread or Sheryl fansclub, at least then non-Ranka fans can jump at comments more easily because it's "closer" to their homebase XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-01-05, 18:11   Link #1045
Tak

Quote:
Dex commented once and then four non-Ranka fans jumped on it
Yes, exactly, he lit the fuse.

Quote:
That's why I said move the discussion to Sheryl thread or Sheryl fansclub, at least then non-Ranka fans can jump at comments more easily because it's "closer" to their homebase XD
Why? None of us are specifically talking about Sheryl. This is a Ranka thread, and so far we are on topic, analyzing the characteristics and actions of our favorite green-haired kitty-cat PUPPY!! (changed per Zalem's request ).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-01-05 at 18:34.
Old 2009-01-05, 18:25   Link #1046
zalem

Do not insult cats. She is a puppy! A green haired puppy!

I kid, I kid. But really, Tak is right. Look as the latest comments...they are mainly Ranka based comments. It doesn't make any sense to put them in the Sheryl thread or Sheryl fanclub.
Old 2009-01-05, 18:40   Link #1047
justavisitor

i know you are kiding, zalem, but really I see that phrase "green haired puppy" in every thread lol....i don't really have a problem with that, but considering that this is a Ranka thread, please be mroe considerate?? I know you are kidding....

As i said in the post responded to Father Hentai, since the purpose of every thread in here is to discuss about Ranka, perhaps moving it to Sheryl fansclub will have a refreshing start?? If you want, I can change the topic easily and make sure the ensuring discussion will have Sheryl involved...
Old 2009-01-05, 19:33   Link #1048
wisteria233

justavisitor I can't help but ask this. but why is it that every time the other members of the forum criticize Ranka and you can't answer them you immediately try to discredit them because they are Sheryl fans? I've seen you do all the time even when others are not talking about her. It doesn't discredit the opposition instead it discredits you who cannot respond to constructive criticism.
Old 2009-01-05, 19:36   Link #1049
zalem

So you basically want people to get out of this thread and chat in another thread about something else, even though their previous comments were totally on topic for this thread?

I suppose people can. But there's not much to talk about there either since there's no news on this movie or anything else Macross related out at the moment. So it'll end up being the same old discussions there too.
Old 2009-01-05, 19:47   Link #1050
justavisitor

@wisteria233

well my first post after 26th in here is discussing why Ranka cares others and assume responsibility at the end, and that responded to others who suggested otherwise....well i didn't discredit others in that post right? And actually how did I discredit others??

@zalem
I have no intention to ask others get out of here, I simply feel weird when ppl jumped at one's comment immediately...
Old 2009-01-05, 19:57   Link #1051
Tak

Quote:
@wisteria233
well my first post after 26th in here is discussing why Ranka cares others and assume responsibility at the end, and that responded to others who suggested otherwise....well i didn't discredit others in that post right? And actually how did I discredit others??
But you are:

As i said in the post responded to Father Hentai, since the purpose of every thread in here is to discuss about Ranka, perhaps moving it to Sheryl fansclub will have a refreshing start??

If not, why ask us to leave this thread?

Quote:
@zalem
I have no intention to ask others get out of here, I simply feel weird when ppl jumped at one's comment immediately...
Buddy, this is an internet forum. Worse, this is an internet discussions forum. Post anything, and you will be scrutinized, no matter which side you are on. Come on, Its a take it or leave it situation.

- Tak

Old 2009-01-05, 19:58   Link #1052
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

The fervor and speed in the replies is due to us having nothing better to do, and still wanting to talk about the series and the characters pertaining to it. I mean, really, is that so hard to understand?
And, honestly, I'd much prefer the Ranka-centric conversation to stay in the Ranka thread, just as the movie conversation in the movie thread, the Sheryl conversation in the Sheryl thread, and so on and so forth. Get it? It's called "stay on topic".

Don't like the conversation? Don't reply to it. But don't presume to know what we should or shouldn't do in a public forum. We can read the rules, you know? Don't want to read replies to your post? Don't post. You're not gonna agree with everything everyone posts, anyway... be prepared for it.

And if you must neg-rep me for this, be forewarned that I just don't really care anymore.

Old 2009-01-05, 20:18   Link #1053
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But you are:

As i said in the post responded to Father Hentai, since the purpose of every thread in here is to discuss about Ranka, perhaps moving it to Sheryl fansclub will have a refreshing start??

If not, why ask us to leave this thread?

- Tak
Well I already chose the nicest word I could find to write that sentence...I used the term "discuss" which is a neutral word...and I see ppl talking ranka in movie thread, episode thread, romance thread etc...

Actually, compare my sentence to your "a lot of R-fans giving neg-rep" accusation, which you claimed later that it was a "sarcasm", my sentence is much more mild than your comment, right?

Well, the more I say, the more misunderstanding will occur, bascially, do whatever you want, just behave in a civilised manner and everything will be ok

Well, BetoJR, I already receive a neg-rep this afternoon lol, I am a victim of this system and I won't neg-rep any ppl...don't worry XD
Old 2009-01-05, 20:27   Link #1054
Tak

Quote:
Well I already chose the nicest word I could find to write that sentence...I used the term "discuss" which is a neutral word...and I see ppl talking ranka in movie thread, episode thread, romance thread etc...
What the hell do you want then. We are discussing Ranka. What form of discussing are you looking for? Really? This is a Ranka thread, and we are talking about her, what more do you want? We are not even talking about the romance or Sheryl. The heck?

Quote:
Actually, compare my sentence to your "a lot of R-fans giving neg-rep" accusation, which you claimed later that it was a "sarcasm", my sentence is much more mild than your comment, right?
Not my fault you missed the little wink.

Quote:
Well, the more I say, the more misunderstanding will occur, bascially, do whatever you want, just behave in a civilised manner and everything will be ok
So you would prefer to have us sit around a camp fire and sing then? What?

Hell, I've so far refrained from getting personal, and I am not sure what more I can do.

- Tak (And don't jump on the gun regarding Ranka being a puppy. Yoko Kanno made that up, go blame her)

Old 2009-01-05, 20:32   Link #1055
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
The movie can't come soon enough... All talking points in these threads have been used, re-used, and over-used 10x over.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:34   Link #1056
wisteria233

Quote:

Well, BetoJR, I already receive a neg-rep this afternoon lol, I am a victim of this system and I won't neg-rep any ppl...don't worry XD
The problem is that you did tell Tak and the others who were disagreeing with you to leave the Ranka forum not because they were being trolls, not because they were starting trouble, but because they were Sheryl fans. This is not the first time you have done this, I should know I've lurked this forum for some time now. The fact that they're Sheryl fans doesn't matter not only because they haven't brought her up but also because right now the subject matter is Ranka not Sheryl. You're the one who made that comment not Tak, and in a conversation that did not include Sheryl too. This is also not the first time that you've used the excuse that they're Sheryl fans to try and discredit them. Don't try to spread the blame when you're the one in the wrong. That's just immature.

So to avoid any misunderstanding in the future why don't you just respond to the replies, instead of clinging to the fact that another person likes a different character.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:37   Link #1057
justavisitor

lol, I agree movie should come faster...

All I want, is to behave more rationally...that's it...ppl said they can read the rule...I trust them, so I said do whatever you want....and then you pulled it to camp fire...sigh

I am glad you keep it from personal, thank you

@wisteria233
Tak really made that comment...he just said it was a wink...that post is just ahead of you..and I am replying your replies XD
Old 2009-01-05, 20:41   Link #1058
wisteria233

Quote:
lol, I agree movie should come faster...

All I want, is to behave more rationally...that's it...ppl said they can read the rule...I trust them, so I said do whatever you want....and then you pulled it to camp fire...sigh

I am glad you keep it from personal, thank you
I also hope that the movie comes out soon so they can fix Ranka's character like they did Minmei. Hopefully this time they won't totally coddle her like they did in the series. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, don't let me down Kawamori.

Stop trying to be the victim, you're the one who made it personal.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:45   Link #1059
Tak

Quote:
*Slap forehead*

Look, we are on-topic, we are behaving rationally, we are abiding by the forum rules, what the hell exactly, do you want, then? First you asked us to leave, then you ask us to behave rationally. Instead of replying to what is being discussed, you have so far been the only person to drag this shit off-topic. Perhaps you should first take your own advice and concentrate on the topic being discussed, instead of asking the people who disagrees with you to leave or behave otherwise.

As of right now, I am utterly confused to what you are trying to state, and I am fairly certain I am not the only one.

- Tak

Old 2009-01-05, 20:45   Link #1060
justavisitor

@wisteria233

Victim of what? I only say I am a victim of neg-rep system, which I am lol

@Tak, and others
Perhaps you want to pm me instead? it's getting off topic, and I don't wanna answer anymore off-topic stuff in this thread
Closed Thread