Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 19:22   Link #8001
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
There doesn't seem to be much of a point in installing a Trial System anymore; what would be the point? I don't think any group operates using Veda other than Tieria.
Okay. Thank you. REALLY looking forward to pics of this black Seravee.

Over and out. I'll be back after I see the movie, probably after the AFA 2010 screening in November.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:34   Link #8002
Tenken_501

Hey quick question on Harute gundam...what are the scissor bits?

Thanks to everyone who posted spoilers on the movie and answered questions and stuff it was great reading it all!
Tenken_501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:41   Link #8003
vbann

Seems a lot of people are disappointed with the new spoilers, But 00q total action time 5 mins??? thats a bit of a letdown not to mention lack of closure for the rest of the crew, but I think the concept of aliens is a interesting new change to the world of gundam.

and setsuna now looks like the terminator and he's returned after 50 years to get some sweet old marina lovin' lol jk jk, but i think thats a sweet ending, although a bit bitter marina is old and blind (and with grand kids?) Somewhat meh on the whole shipping thing, because setsuna ending up romantically with anyone would be a bit out of character I think. Now how long is the wait for screenshots

I hope that they add a little more scenes/closure to the dvd/blu ray release (hopufully more 00Q action too because that seems like the BIGGEST let down.)

Since Gundam Unicorn is doing well as a worldwide release by bandai visual, any chances for the Gundam 00 movie to receive the same treatment?
vbann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:46   Link #8004
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Will there be a 00q riser???
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:47   Link #8005
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
The whole Setsuna and Marina thing reminds me of Peter and Wendy in the movie Hook.
Spoiler for Setsuna:
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:49   Link #8006
BurningChaos

Stop the fucking debate about the movie and anime thingy, Who cares anyways? Gundam 00 is not even real after all =.="

Anyways, Where did the ELS got their GN Technology? It seems that the guy that summarized it in hongfire said that the ELS have a GN technology before they encountered the ESF...So where did it came from?
Also, What happened to the ELS? Are they quietly living on their planetoid and allowing humans (Innovators in particular) to set a footstep to their planet and use it as a ship?

---------
Based from the summaries we've been given, I will rate the movie 6/10.
What I didn't liked from the movie (Based from the summaries) is that, Meena doesn't get much screening time and not explaining her origins, Quanta have a very short fight scene (Similar to that of S2 ending; Exia R2 vs. 0 Gundam), They didn't showed what happened to the ELS and the Ptolemaios crew, The CBS is not even used? The CBS is not mentioned in the summaries so I think it's not even used, The explanation of where Ian got the Quantum System data. So far these is the only bad things I've ever seen, worst case that I can even think of is that...Why Setsuna turned into a hybrid of ELS? We know that the peace talks succeeded but why the ELS would fucking integrate with Setsuna's body?
I could say that the Gundam 00 Movie have one of the worst ending, Not showing up what happened to the main characters and instead they focused on others and worst is that, they doomed the protagonist of the series =.=" ; We do know that the main characters usually have the better scenario at ending but in this movie it's not implemented, Mizushima focused on humanity's recovery and understanding concept, too focused that he forgot the main characters and he doomed up the protagonist just to put an end into the whole series =.=" .
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 19:59   Link #8007
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
it's part of real life as can be seen by the United States of America, a British colony that rebelled and has been fighting a ton of wars ever since.
Except that we fought one war for independence. The other wars that we've fought in had nothing to do with our independence directly. You may wanna go back and re-read history.

@BurningChaos,

I'd um... ya know watch the movie instead of going by grossly summarized plot points to the movie where people hardly described scenes and what not. You may change your mind in the end.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:07   Link #8008
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
Stop the fucking debate about the movie and anime thingy, Who cares anyways? Gundam 00 is not even real after all =.="

Anyways, Where did the ELS got their GN Technology? It seems that the guy that summarized it in hongfire said that the ELS have a GN technology before they encountered the ESF...So where did it came from?
Also, What happened to the ELS? Are they quietly living on their planetoid and allowing humans (Innovators in particular) to set a footstep to their planet and use it as a ship?

---------
Based from the summaries we've been given, I will rate the movie 6/10.
What I didn't liked from the movie (Based from the summaries) is that, Meena doesn't get much screening time and not explaining her origins, Quanta have a very short fight scene (Similar to that of S2 ending; Exia R2 vs. 0 Gundam), They didn't showed what happened to the ELS and the Ptolemaios crew, The CBS is not even used? The CBS is not mentioned in the summaries so I think it's not even used, The explanation of where Ian got the Quantum System data. So far these is the only bad things I've ever seen, worst case that I can even think of is that...Why Setsuna turned into a hybrid of ELS? We know that the peace talks succeeded but why the ELS would fucking integrate with Setsuna's body?
I could say that the Gundam 00 Movie have one of the worst ending, Not showing up what happened to the main characters and instead they focused on others and worst is that, they doomed the protagonist of the series =.=" ; We do know that the main characters usually have the better scenario at ending but in this movie it's not implemented, Mizushima focused on humanity's recovery and understanding concept, too focused that he forgot the main characters and he doomed up the protagonist just to put an end into the whole series =.=" .
Since ELS have the ability to consume and learn the mechanism behind the building of those stuffs they consumed, it is likely that they learnt the mechanism behind GN technology instantly, then applying it in battle. And they got all the sample from the expedition ship, I guess.

Hello, 2 hours is already constrained enough to accommodate Meena and explaining her origins. Yeah, a flashback may suffice but that's not even important in the context of the movie.

Like what others have said here, 00 Qan[T] is a suit not enthused to destroy. Setsuna probably knew that 00 Qan[T] wouldn't last long enough to see battle. If the sacrifice of 1 suit and 2 GN drives saved humanity, then I reckon Setsuna wouldn't mind.

Quantum System -> Tieria!Veda with Setsuna's inputs? Or vice versa.

You see, if the ELS understood Setsuna, then how did they do so? They probably decided to consume him, then realise after his quantum brainwaves that they actually did the wrong thing.

This movie is different, get it? Acknowledge flaws in the movie, not criticise and then demonstrate complete retardation of demeanor and behaviour.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:09   Link #8009
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Since ELS have the ability to consume and learn the mechanism behind the building of those stuffs they consumed, it is likely that they learnt the mechanism behind GN technology instantly, then applying it in battle. And they got all the sample from the expedition ship, I guess.

Hello, 2 hours is already constrained enough to accommodate Meena and explaining her origins. Yeah, a flashback may suffice but that's not even important in the context of the movie.

Like what others have said here, 00 Qan[T] is a suit not enthused to destroy. Setsuna probably knew that 00 Qan[T] wouldn't last long enough to see battle. If the sacrifice of 1 suit and 2 GN drives saved humanity, then I reckon Setsuna wouldn't mind.

Quantum System -> Tieria!Veda with Setsuna's inputs? Or vice versa.

You see, if the ELS understood Setsuna, then how did they do so? They probably decided to consume him, then realise after his quantum brainwaves that they actually did the wrong thing.

This movie is different, get it? Acknowledge flaws in the movie, not criticise and then demonstrate complete retardation of demeanor and behaviour.
Very different from what I imagined indeed. So, the movie is open-ended? It's not even an end to the series in my opinion. :|
Old 2010-09-18, 20:10   Link #8010
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Very different from what I imagined indeed. So, the movie is open-ended? It's not even an end to the series in my opinion. :|

The director said that it ended the series for him. So I guess he was hinting that the movie is open-ended.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:12   Link #8011
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
There is always more room for stories. There is 50 years between the ELS attack and the end of the movie, that's a lot of free room.

Even if they don't make a sequel to the movie or make a story centered during the 50 years, they could make a 00P OVA.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 20:19   Link #8012
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
There is always more room for stories. There is 50 years between the ELS attack and the end of the movie, that's a lot of free room.

Even if they don't make a sequel to the movie or make a story centered during the 50 years, they could make a 00P OVA.
Hmm...A pretty good idea =D. But i will rejoice if there will be a sequel to the movie, The movie being open-ended is not an ending to the series in my opinion.
Anyways, I have a version of what the S3 would be like. Codegeass style =D
Old 2010-09-18, 20:21   Link #8013
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

As much as I'd like more 00 media the success of the movies is paramount to any more spinoffs or sequels.

Anyone know how much money the movie brought in on day one?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 21:49   Link #8014
velocity7

Just gave the Hongfire summary a read. Great stuff, looking forward to watching the movie myself whenever I can get the chance to.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-18, 21:53   Link #8015
bio9205
Reborn

Hallelujah action much, by any chance?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 22:28   Link #8016
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The movie has opened the gundam multiverse to even more possibilities, I think that this could lead to other AU's that feature extraterrestrial lifeforms.This is a welcome change, but I don't think that it will bode well with the common UC eletist.
Old 2010-09-18, 22:33   Link #8017
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The movie has opened the gundam multiverse to even more possibilities, I think that this could lead to other AU's that feature extraterrestrial lifeforms.This is a welcome change, but I don't think that it will bode well with the common UC eletist.
Nothing bodes well with the common UC Elitist. Though I like the idea of aliens in Gundam, especially in 00, I don't like the idea of every new AU having them.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 22:42   Link #8018
MasterX25
Celestial Beings No.1 Fan
*Author

After reading the new lot. I have a lot better understanding of the movie, now I will rate it 70% for personal. Just cause that lack of background introduction of characters and dialog.
MasterX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 22:52   Link #8019
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
To be fair, it's pretty difficult to believe it'd be that easy. But hey whatever, just go with it I guess.

Though I can see why some people might have trouble believing it.
What's so easy about it? I mean we're talking about racial segregation and then deportation 50 years later.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 23:00   Link #8020
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Nothing bodes well with the common UC Elitist. Though I like the idea of aliens in Gundam, especially in 00, I don't like the idea of every new AU having them.
I like UC, and I like the AUs too. The movie attempted to Innovate, but it is after all, merely A Wakening, and I will give props to the makers for their guts in trying to put something new in a franchise with such a big and broad foundation.

Yes, there were some narrative failures and it was an overall clumsy attempt IMO, but I think that it can be forgiven in the face of helping the overall franchise break new ground.

Dare I say, those who don't think so have their souls chained by the Earth's gravity.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie