AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

View Poll Results: Your opinion on a star wars tv series...?
IT WILL BE GREAT... I CANNOT WAIT, WOOHOO !!!! 4 13.33%
Will be okay... we will see when it comes out 17 56.67%
I have no interested in watching a tv series of star wars 4 13.33%
I love the movies but I think the series will be disappointing 3 10.00%
I dont like the star wars movies but I will give series a chance 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-08-16, 20:14   Link #1
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Star Wars The Live Action TV series

Thats right its in production now .

Will be airing late 2007 or early 2008.

George Lucas will write the first season.

It will be set between episode 3 and 4 and will span to 100 hours of episodes so it will last for several years. It will feature some of the main cast from star wars such as darth vadar and obi-wan however they will only make guest apparences and will not be the main characters.

Vos from the comics will be a one of the main characters from what I hear. He was the military commander during the movie (we did not see him but he was mentioned)... hes in the comics... here is a pic of his character

Spoiler:

heh the guy from stargate atlantis would be a good actor for him i reckon ...

Spoiler:

Taken from wiki:

According to official reports, the series will be set during the 19-year timespan between the films Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. It will focus primarily on minor characters of the Star Wars galaxy, rather than the main ones seen prominently in the films. These minor characters will be both from the films and the Expanded Universe. However, Lucas has stated that some of the main characters may make cameo appearances. Rick McCallum has commented that Lucas "envisions somewhere like 100 hours between Episode III and Episode IV", which implies that the hour-long series will run for several years.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 23:41   Link #2
Yakult

I always hate to admit it, but I love Star Wars ;D
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 00:47   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakult
I always hate to admit it, but I love Star Wars ;D
I have the opposite problem. I want to like it, but whenever I see a movie, I'm completely disappointed... I just hope the tv show is much better than the second trilogy.
Old 2006-08-17, 07:15   Link #4
Wavie
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I have the opposite problem. I want to like it, but whenever I see a movie, I'm completely disappointed... I just hope the tv show is much better than the second trilogy.
did you like the first trilogy?
My Anime List
Old 2006-08-17, 09:32   Link #5
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I'm interested, but I would have to admit, I wish Lucas would stay his hand out of this. We all admit his script writing prowness isn't up to snuff, and I half wish they would hire on board the many dozens of authors of their book series (which from friends, I have been told really elevated their love for Star Wars) and create a writing team to produce the episodes.

We'll have to see though (I just hope the special effects aren't cheesy as with most TV series or that the sets only provide 3 camera angles). Personally I think they should partner up with Josh Whedon for the series .
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 09:46   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I swear he needs to re-watch "Empire Strikes Back" though so he can revisit his storywriting and dialouge techniques that were phenomanal (Eps I and II severly lacked this, while episode III was much better in dialouge and character moments, but it's ending was just so anticlimatic--see Gundam SEED Destiny ep 50 for comparison)....Other than that if a new SW show comes down the pike I'll watch...Why not?? It'll probably be on SPIKETV or something though...I doubt a major network is gonna touch it if it ain't Fox (and Fox will ruin it like they do most their shows that don't have ridiculous ratings like "24" or "idol"....)
Old 2006-08-17, 09:54   Link #7
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I swear he needs to re-watch "Empire Strikes Back" though so he can revisit his storywriting and dialouge techniques that were phenomanal...

Actually Lucas did not write the screenplay to Empire Strikes Back. Leigh Brackett did.
Old 2006-08-17, 10:01   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well what I really meant is his overall mindset in his approach...After the first movie he had so many obligations from the movie studio that he delegated responsibilities, but the orginal story was always his..and he oversaw EVERY ASPECT of the production which he clearly states in multiple documentaries I've seen...So I'm basically saying he needs to recapture some of his own essence from those days and incorporate that into a new series...Special FX can't make a successful series by itself..You have to have a good story and good writing too...
Old 2006-08-17, 10:17   Link #9
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombrenuit
I'm interested, but I would have to admit, I wish Lucas would stay his hand out of this. We all admit his script writing prowness isn't up to snuff, and I half wish they would hire on board the many dozens of authors of their book series (which from friends, I have been told really elevated their love for Star Wars) and create a writing team to produce the episodes.
Was just discussing this with a friend; how GL seems to have a cast (I almost used the word Harem ) of established, nebula award-winning science fiction authors just within arm's reach.. As my friend put it, GL has illusions of grandeur about his own writing, and I feel the series would definitely benefit if he roped in professional authors for script.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 10:34   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Any word if C-3PO & R2-D2 would be regulars in the live TV show?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 14:24   Link #11
Wavie
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Any word if C-3PO & R2-D2 would be regulars in the live TV show?

C-3PO - i think he might be
My Anime List
Old 2006-08-17, 14:40   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
did you like the first trilogy?
Yes, but I was about 12 when I saw them, so I'm not sure if I like them because I think they were good, or for nostalga. Though they're clearly much better than the recent attempts.

Now, if there's an episode where we see jarjar executed, all complaints I have about it will be dismissed.
Old 2006-08-17, 19:31   Link #13
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I would like to watch if only it has the standard of Clone Wars, not only does that cartoon have excellent animation and action, it also had a smooth plot.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 20:04   Link #14
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
I would like to watch if only it has the standard of Clone Wars, not only does that cartoon have excellent animation and action, it also had a smooth plot.
Honestly, at least for me, the cartoons didn't even feel like star wars at all. It was just 5 minute breaks of random action resembling the star wars universe.
Old 2006-08-17, 21:19   Link #15
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Clone Wars were vastly superior to the prequels, to the point where General Grevious was only a threat in the cartoon, besides the superior storyline.

Of course, Droids was better
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 21:53   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Yes, but I was about 12 when I saw them, so I'm not sure if I like them because I think they were good, or for nostalga. Though they're clearly much better than the recent attempts.

Now, if there's an episode where we see jarjar executed, all complaints I have about it will be dismissed.
Well IMO Star Wars is a bit cheezy even today, but "Empire" is a gem that totally stands the test of time (Perhaps the best sequal in the history of movies)..."Jedi" also to a lesser extend it still pretty good today...

As for Jar-Jar he will always be the black-sheep of this franchise...When you do something just to do it, it seldomly works out...

Finally Clone Wars was a great prequal...Hell some aspects of it are better than the movies...You really need to watch it in it's entirety rather than 5 mins at a time...I watched it all in one 2hr installment and was severly impressed...The animation looks hokey at first, but it's actually pretty in-depth if you give it a chance...Too bad the creator had to sacrifice a pretty cool show like Samurai Jack to do it, but when George Lucas comes calling you stop everything because you know you are gonna get the biggest pay-day of your life^^...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-17 at 22:07.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 22:04   Link #17
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

I'm a bit suprised this is happening actually, and even more so that George Lucas decided to write the first season...interesting it was noted he'll only be doing the first season. If it's a huge success; he'll probobly continue with it until he dies...If it bombs? He'll be able to somewhat peacefully slip out of the scene. A very smart man, and on a number of different levels.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 17:48   Link #18
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Found this. Thought a few of you might get a rise out of it:

High Resolution Image of Naboo (1)

High Resolution Image of Naboo (2)
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 18:10   Link #19
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I heard that at one point Bobba Fette was going to be the main character.

It's something I heard ages ago, so I'm probably wrong. I guess Lucas ditched the idea.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 18:25   Link #20
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Found this. Thought a few of you might get a rise out of it:

High Resolution Image of Naboo (1)

High Resolution Image of Naboo (2)
It would be nice if they used actual sets and props from the movies and all the tricks from ILM for the show. I'm sure their 'larger than Pentagon' database would have lots of stuff to use in the show.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote