AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 18:46   Link #281
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Canon: Created by the author (or acknowledged as canon by the author) and fits into the canon plot.

Non-Canon: Created by someone other than the author and not acknowledged by him as canon (may or may not fit the canon plot)

Semi-Canon: Created by the author (or acknowledged by him) using canon characters, places, events but doesn't fit the main canon plot.

This is overly simplified but it's something like this...Z fits the Semi-Canon bill because it both doesn't fit the main plot (there is no place in the manga where it could have happened currently) and Oda himself said it's not canon, however Z is a canon character to the OP world (much like Shiki) as well as his backstory and such.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 17:59   Link #282
Dark_Ritual

Come on people there is no plot-holes, why would Z allow Ain to use her power on him? So when Zoro knocked out Ain then Z will suddenly return back to his old age in middle of a fight? If that Ain DF was permanent then yeah she would've used it on him but its not.

And can someone please show me where Oda stated himself the movie isn't cannon?
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 18:06   Link #283
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, I smell a possible long-ass debate just like in Strong World, time for a distraction. WHOA! looks like we can add M to Robin being S. She let out some moans when she was returning to normal.
Old 2013-05-14, 18:13   Link #284
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Robin's moans, easily the second best part of the movie.

Only behind Brook..........being Brook.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 01:48   Link #285
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Robin's moans, easily the second best part of the movie.

Only behind Brook..........being Brook.
You can't tell me Franky's looks didn't make this film ten times more awesome No no in all seriousness, Luffy V.S Z was one of the best fights in the anime, hope we get some thing like that soon

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:45   Link #286
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So what's the general consensus here: did Luffy outright beat Zephyr because he was simply stronger in the end, or was it Zephyr's deteriorating health that cost him the fight despite the fact that he was still much stronger than Luffy?
Old 2013-05-21, 00:54   Link #287
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So what's the general consensus here: did Luffy outright beat Zephyr because he was simply stronger in the end, or was it Zephyr's deteriorating health that cost him the fight despite the fact that he was still much stronger than Luffy?
For some reason I think it was a draw.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:25   Link #288
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Canon: Created by the author (or acknowledged as canon by the author) and fits into the canon plot.

Non-Canon: Created by someone other than the author and not acknowledged by him as canon (may or may not fit the canon plot)

Semi-Canon: Created by the author (or acknowledged by him) using canon characters, places, events but doesn't fit the main canon plot.

This is overly simplified but it's something like this...Z fits the Semi-Canon bill because it both doesn't fit the main plot (there is no place in the manga where it could have happened currently) and Oda himself said it's not canon, however Z is a canon character to the OP world (much like Shiki) as well as his backstory and such.
Zephyr mentioned that the guy who cut off his arm has become a shichibukai. I'm guessing that guy is semi-canon and we might get a movie that might take place after Dressrossa or further featuring this guy.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:10   Link #289
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Zephyr mentioned that the guy who cut off his arm has become a shichibukai. I'm guessing that guy is semi-canon and we might get a movie that might take place after Dressrossa or further featuring this guy.
Or he might be the new shichibukai not reavealed yet in the manga...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 09:40   Link #290
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Still waiting for Blu-ray release.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:33   Link #291
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Ok blu ray released and I watched it just now and have a few complaints.

Why do the characters in these movies never go all out from the beginning? I know it's just a way of making the movies longer but it feels retarded when Luffy isn't using any of his Haki attacks from the very beginning. Hell he didn't even use most of what he showcased on Fishman Island.

I felt that they could have explored the morality of pirates more but eh who cares one piece pirates are not the rape and pillage kind anyway.

I really wonder who was the Shichibukai who defeated Z and his crew is. Seems like Mihawk but is most likely the new Shichibukai.

All in all i felt the fights were just not that good as compared to the manga. In the movies they never are. It was a better film than Strong world but not by much.
Old 2013-08-17, 05:59   Link #292
DSDSSDWE
Blah

If they went all out in the beginning, the movie wouldn't last that long. Although, the first time they fought was on their own ship in the middle of the sea. There's no way they could go all out while on their own ship. There'd be little left of it after the fight.

I just think there are a number of chars in One Piece that are way OP. If they fought seriously and rationally, every fight would easily end in their favor. I mean, seriously, what's exactly stopping Kizaru from staying high and safe and blasting everything with lasers and basically stomp anyone and anything (except for the other overpowered chars)?

All he had to do in this movie at the beginning was spend the 10 seconds that would take him to sink all of Z's ships and it would have been over and done with right there. Instead, he wastes his time fighting Z one on one in melee range using a light saber and then takes a giant explosion to the face. I mean, wtf?

That stand-off with Aokiji was way over the top as well. Wtf was Z going to do against Aokiji? Can he unfreeze himself if Aokiji froze him? I doubt it.

Kizaru, Aokiji and Akainu could each have singlehandedly shit on everything Z and his army had to offer.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 14:27   Link #293
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The fight in the ship I could understand but afterward at the 2nd island it was the same. You have to look at the latest one piece chapter where Luffy went serious from the begginning. That's what I'm talking about.
Old 2013-08-26, 08:52   Link #294
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I really wonder who was the Shichibukai who defeated Z and his crew is. Seems like Mihawk but is most likely the new Shichibukai.
It was definitely the new one. Oda released a timeline of Zephyr's life which shows that the pirate who cut off his arm was brought into the Seven Warlords one year before the movie took place, so during the timeskip. And I seriously doubt Law would have been able to defeat an admiral seven years before this movie, when he was still a rookie before the timeskip. And Buggy... Yeah. That's obviously impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
I mean, seriously, what's exactly stopping Kizaru from staying high and safe and blasting everything with lasers and basically stomp anyone and anything (except for the other overpowered chars)?
You seem to be greatly underestimating the full potential of Kizaru's power. The man is LIGHT. By all accounts his attacks should be completely undodgeable because at full speed, you would literally never see him coming. Oh and escaping from him would also be impossible because, again, speed of light. Which of course also means that if he put his mind to it, he could kill every pirate in the entire world in a matter of minutes.
Old 2013-08-26, 15:04   Link #295
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
You seem to be greatly underestimating the full potential of Kizaru's power. The man is LIGHT. By all accounts his attacks should be completely undodgeable because at full speed, you would literally never see him coming. Oh and escaping from him would also be impossible because, again, speed of light. Which of course also means that if he put his mind to it, he could kill every pirate in the entire world in a matter of minutes.
...Aside from Enel maybe, but let us not restart that discussion

Luffy was more or less matching Z until Z used the seastone bullet, so it's not as if he was about to lose until that point.

Also this movie brings the power levels to question... Z was able to stand his ground against Kizaru.... and Luffy won against Z.... it is not like I want to say that Luffy is admiral level already, but... I don't think that he can be that far away, considering that Luffy has to be one of the strongest characters in about 500 chapters... (whitebeard level)
Old 2013-08-26, 17:32   Link #296
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Also this movie brings the power levels to question... Z was able to stand his ground against Kizaru.... and Luffy won against Z.... it is not like I want to say that Luffy is admiral level already, but... I don't think that he can be that far away, considering that Luffy has to be one of the strongest characters in about 500 chapters... (whitebeard level)
Kizaru definitely had the advantage over Z. It was obvious Z couldn't win against his former pupil, so out of desperation he opted to use the dyna stone in an attempt to blow Kizaru away. Old age and sickness hit Z pretty hard, and that's ultimately the reason why he lost to Luffy. By all accounts, Luffy still has a ways to go before he reaches admiral level.
Old 2013-08-29, 13:01   Link #297
Eleonora Viltaria
Vanadis

Yeah luffy needs some sort of crazy training before he faces an admiral.
Eleonora Viltaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 16:55   Link #298
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE

Well... as a plus, the film will debut Kizaru's Funimation VA too~
Old 2016-07-31, 21:44   Link #299
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Necro Thread Time!

So I FINALLY got around to watching this film, finishing it a short time ago... and overall, not bad. I'm not sure it's quite better than Strong world, though the final fights were a bit better than Strong World. Or at least the animation for Zoro and Sanji's fights were excellent. Luffy's pure slugfest against Z... I think i liked the animation more against Shiki, but that fight was BRUTAL (possibly more brutal than against Rob Lucci). And the transformations back to normal were... fun to watch.

Overall, it's definitely a good movie. Next up, of course, will be to see if GOLD can match this and Strong World.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote