AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 12:15   Link #1
strikeX105

New fansub group looking for translators and typesetters

#animechounin is looking for japanese to english translators and typesetters , if interested contact myself, KiRaX105 or any op in our channel . #animechounin is located on irc.mircx.com

Last edited by strikeX105; 2004-01-25 at 15:13.
strikeX105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 16:59   Link #2
Lucier
Lunar Translator

If you're new... how can you expect a "skilled" translator to join?

Skilled translators want to join "skilled" groups, not new groups...
no offence or anything, but it just sounds bad to say "I'm new, and I want skilled ppl".......
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:27   Link #3
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

It's best to have planned the group beforehand. You can't expect to start a group and say, "join me" because no one knows about you and don't know what to expect. Also, the fansubbing talent is diluted enough already. If you're alone without enough staff, it's best to join a new group that will take someone without any previous experience but still has a trans to do a project.

Just out of curiousity, what project do you have in mind?
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:47   Link #4
strikeX105

Well im not alone, other than a trans where pretty much ready to go. some of the series where thinking about are diamond dust, daphne in brillant blue, angel rabbie, ChouHenshinCosplayer, Marimite, Monkey Turn and D-eve Misaki Chronicle (whatever the translator want to do). if you want stop by the channel sometime, will talk.
Old 2004-01-26, 05:05   Link #5
scotty81
DSL addict

Send a message via AIM to scotty81 Send a message via MSN to scotty81
I would say that if you have no translator , it's like you have nothing, there is nothing to time, typeset or distribute if you have to translation !
Maybe you should offer your services to a known team, to get a few contacts, and then you will probably find a translator much easier.
scotty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 13:01   Link #6
xGenocide

Supporter

Even if #animechounin is a new fansub group i was just at the channel. They have a great selection of staff members. Any of the projects the decide to rls ill be backing their group.
xGenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 17:02   Link #7
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Strange, if they just started how could they get so many high quality staff members? If they're skilled why didn't they do fansubbing before? Or is it that they're recruited from other groups?
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 17:10   Link #8
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
What's even more stange is the fact that this guy only has 1 post, a little suspicious wouldn't you say?
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 17:15   Link #9
strikeX105

some of the staff have been recruited from other groups and some have have did fansubbing in the past for groups there no longer with, if u really want to find out, come by the channel #animechounin @mircx.com and find out for yourself
Old 2004-01-26, 21:58   Link #10
SoumaAyame

Send a message via MSN to SoumaAyame
Ahem, let's see... I lurked in #animechounin for a bit, an' it does seem they have somewhat, if not really, experienced people already.

Hrm, just because a new group suddenly comes out, doesn't necessarily mean the staff is inexperienced, so no one should assume that...

*Thinks...* Also, it will forever be hard to find a translator, so good luck to you on that, #animechounin.

*Thinks some more...* If anything, everyone should have more confidence in new fansubbing groups. As more groups die out, less groups begin, if you know what I mean... If we all help each other out in some little way, then this would be an even happier fansub community (yay). Ah, well... jus' try your hardest, an' I'm sure a translator shall come an' help you all some time...

~ Ayame
SoumaAyame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 17:11   Link #11
xGenocide

Support Them

awww... AK u are soo sweet.... now i lurk in #animechounin too... and like i said before... their staff ain't bad... so come to the channel and support them
xGenocide is offline   Reply With Quote