AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-06, 13:48   Link #3521
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Question about vol 20....

Is Misaka's last appearance here her joining the Russia invasion force to link up with Touma and presumably fight Fiamma?
Old 2010-07-06, 14:57   Link #3522
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Question about vol 20....

Is Misaka's last appearance here her joining the Russia invasion force to link up with Touma and presumably fight Fiamma?
She didn't "join" the force so much as beat up the soldiers on one of the carriers and forced the pilot to take her to Elizernia. But yes, that is the last we see of her since that occurs in the epilogue of the volume.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:37   Link #3523
tsunade666

Mikoto doesn't even know Elizernia if I remember it right. She just know that the directors ordered Touma's retrieval in Russia. She doesn't know much anything that's been happening. She just jump into it like a girl in love when his guy is in trouble

I bet she would be shock on the scene in Russia.

btw @cosmic eagle: from what anime does your avatar come from? the girl interest me.
Old 2010-07-06, 21:30   Link #3524
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto doesn't even know Elizernia if I remember it right. She just know that the directors ordered Touma's retrieval in Russia. She doesn't know much anything that's been happening. She just jump into it like a girl in love when his guy is in trouble

btw @cosmic eagle: from what anime does your avatar come from? the girl interest me.
How very typical of her.....looks like everything is converging in Russia, The main plotline with Fiamma, Acclerator and Last Order, the remnants of ITEM, the French etc...

@ tsnade666: that's Iriya Kana from Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Old 2010-07-06, 22:00   Link #3525
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
looks like everything is converging in Russia, The main plotline with Fiamma, Acclerator and Last Order, the remnants of ITEM, the French etc...
Don't forget the two biggest factors (imo), Fuse=KAZAKIRI and the Pope.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:22   Link #3526
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:

When she looked through the information that Academy City had on Touma she learned that his current location was around Elizernia IIRC.
Old 2010-07-07, 05:42   Link #3527
tsunade666

Check wiki and yeh, it said when she hacked it she apparently saw the name country Elizernia.
But still all she know is Touma's location and touma's ability being extremely rare just like redirection and dark matter. It has high value for the academy city and the order is too bring it back. No further info. I think she doesn't even know much on the magic side but she is going on a major battle field concerning the magic side.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:13   Link #3528
Shadow5YA

Aside from her book smarts, all Mikoto knows is that Academy City's government has a dark, corrupt side to it and that they have some use for Touma.

Which does bring up the question: why doesn't Mikoto use her hacking abilities to surf the database and bring her up to date?
Old 2010-07-07, 09:09   Link #3529
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Aside from her book smarts, all Mikoto knows is that Academy City's government has a dark, corrupt side to it and that they have some use for Touma.

Which does bring up the question: why doesn't Mikoto use her hacking abilities to surf the database and bring her up to date?
Pretty sure there are a lot of security measures in place for their databases. I mean, she couldn't even out-hack Uiharu. If there's something that AC really wants hidden, Mikoto wouldn't be able to even get near it. The information about Imagine Breaker being in Elizerina is most likely just something for the regular AC "military" to know. The deeper information is even more well-hidden.
Old 2010-07-07, 09:49   Link #3530
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Check wiki and yeh, it said when she hacked it she apparently saw the name country Elizernia.
But still all she know is Touma's location and touma's ability being extremely rare just like redirection and dark matter. It has high value for the academy city and the order is too bring it back. No further info. I think she doesn't even know much on the magic side but she is going on a major battle field concerning the magic side.
Hell she's been absent for damned long and is suddenly just dropping in on the party like that...then again, she is Academy's no.3.....
Old 2010-07-07, 12:26   Link #3531
tsunade666

For me it looks like Aleister deliberately lure Mikoto into it. Because even him, he will never order to kill imagine breaker. That's why when I read that part. It's an obvious lie.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:12   Link #3532
Miraluka
Banned

Vol.8 Chapter 1 part1: service, service, service.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:52   Link #3533
Satehi

The order wasn't to kill, it was more around bringing back Touma and in case he doesn't co-operate they'll stuff him into a fridge like Dark Matter.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:52   Link #3534
tsunade666

............ This would take a while. Well it's Teh_Pings choice. Thanks for the translation. And waiting for vol 11
Old 2010-07-07, 21:40   Link #3535
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I love Teh_Ping, it's so awesome he's almost single-handedly translating the volumes. I'll take w/e he does lol. Can't wait until he gets up to volume 15 though.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:09   Link #3536
Shadow5YA

... a kick? Why can't Mikoto just Shoryuken Kuroko to counter and preserve her supposed decency as a female?
Old 2010-07-07, 23:51   Link #3537
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
... a kick? Why can't Mikoto just Shoryuken Kuroko to counter and preserve her supposed decency as a female?
she's didn't wear Karate-Gi at that times
And the cadboard used in the bath as door isn't sufficient enough to cover her private part if she does it

Kuroko Yuri-ness some times feel inappropriate and isn't funny like usual dunno why she didn't try to hit on her male peers at Judgement even for once. Does somewhere in the novel, describe the cause why this Pigtail Teleporter take a liking to her Onee-sama? or why she become Lesbo? did she experienced some trauma in the past about male or relationship with one?
Old 2010-07-08, 15:32   Link #3538
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
she's didn't wear Karate-Gi at that times
And the cadboard used in the bath as door isn't sufficient enough to cover her private part if she does it
That's what I'm saying. If she lifts her leg up to kick, she will expose her genitals, just as the novel stated. If she did an uppercut, she could keep her legs together.
Old 2010-07-09, 04:36   Link #3539
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. If she lifts her leg up to kick, she will expose her genitals, just as the novel stated. If she did an uppercut, she could keep her legs together.
Force of habit, when you're suddenly ambushed you don't always have time to think things through. Mikoto just did what comes naturally, in this case she's a kicker.

Just ask the vending machine.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-07-09 at 05:46.
Old 2010-07-09, 05:15   Link #3540
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Sorry to break your bubble guys, but it's Kuroko who kicked her onee-sama... Later evidence proves this.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen