AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-09, 12:13   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 330 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

ナルト330:悲しきしらせ・・・
Spoiler for Illustration:

Short summary:
A the Hokage's office, Shikamaru, Koketsu and Izumo announced the tragic new to Tsunade Sama.
She's upset by this looks down at her desk.

Koketsu asks Tsunada about Kurenai and she replies she'll tell her while they're going to gather the village for Asuma's funeral.
Shikamaru objects and tells Tsunada that he'll talk to Kurenai, as Asuma whished that he said something to her.

In the meantime, Naruto's working with 2 bunshins trying to add Wind chakra to the Rasengan. It looks like he's getting closer, as the Rasengan's shape changed and now has small extentions sticking out of it, rotating with the flow inside.

Naruto thinks he's getting close now. He just needed a second clone to handle the nature manipulation. Since he can't do this by himself, one clone can look at left and another one at right. It's just a matter of splitting into smaller pieces.
Kakashi's little joke seemed to have worked. While looking at Naruto he thinks that only Naruto has the chakra and jutsu to be able to do this. Even if he was the Fourth, he wouldn't be able to.

He tells Naruto didn't expect anything else from the number one surprising ninja and add that he really like Naruto now.
Naruto and his bunshins didn't expect their sensei saying such thing and they lose their concentration, releasing the uncomplete new rasengan, blowing them away.
Naruto yells at Kakashi not to say weird things like that! Because of him he missed The Jutsu! Kakashi didn't mean it like 'that', but Naruto snaps back telling him to back off.

While Yamato is busy keeping the kyuubi chakra under control, Izumo interrupts him, telling he has a report. Naruto looks up and when Yamato calls shouts that Kakashi has to stop the training and return to the village right away, he's totally surprised and not too happy about it. Kakashi asks what happened...

Izumo tells him about Asuma. They both stare in front of them, shocked by this tragic news.
In the meantime, Shikamaru told Kurenai about it. Shocked as she's, she has loses her strenght in her lengs and falls to the ground... crying, with Shikamaru comforting her.

At the graveyard, everyone is gathering at Asuma's tomb, watching Kurenai putting down a bouquet on his tombstone.

Konahamaru is crying at the loss of his uncle, with Naruto squeezing his shoulder. Kakashi remains silents, thinking about his friend...
Ino asks Chouji were Shikamaru is. When he went to his house, Shikamaru's mother told Chouji he left a while ago...

Shikamaru is lying on the ground in a grassfield nearby the village watching the clouds while smoking a cigarette.

Later that night, Shikamaru is home, sitting in front of the Shougo game he started with Asuma, when he told him about the King that had to be protected before making his move...
Shikamaru's dad observes his son silently from a distance.

The next day(s) Shikamaru spends time studying at the library, training ... and manages to add chakra to Asuma's knives.

Silently Shikamaru prepares his gear and checks his lighter... Then Ino and Chouji ask him if he's all set and ready to go.

Yeah.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-11-09 at 16:33. Reason: Illustration Added
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:20   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It seems Shika, Ino, Chouji are going after Akatsuki (hope, that is the reason for their departure). Now, that is something worth waiting for. We will see one more time a fully concentrated Shika.

And, if someone around Kishi accidentally reads this post, please tell him "think of anything other than using another clone to help with Naruto's job". Two clones to complete Rasengan?!?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:26   Link #3
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Seeing Kurenai's reaction was the first time I actually felt something about Asuma's death! I dunno why seeing as we never knew anything much about their relationship. I guess it's what it could have been thats sad...
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:39   Link #4
cani
That´s my way of ninja

oh well ...2 clones..i wonder why yondi cudnt master it :S
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:42   Link #5
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Pretty sad chapter. But I love the way Shikamaru has taken up smoking.
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:44   Link #6
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post
oh well ...2 clones..i wonder why yondi cudnt master it :S
It's an idea I think, but not the way to do it imo.
Naruto's not gonna use 3 bunshins in battle.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:45   Link #7
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't really see how a Rasengan that requires two clones to use is going to be useful to Naruto. He'll give himself away so far in advance that he'll have an even harder time hitting anyone than he did before.

And damn, Shikamaru is turning into a real badass, complete with the attitude, brass knuckles(I wonder what his element is) and chain-smoking. Still, if they're going after Akatsuki it's going to take some powerful plot no jutsu for them to pull it off. I can see them maybe beating Hidan if they were to fight him 3v1 with no interruptions, but I'm not sure how they're going to separate him from Kakuzu.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:52   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Still, if they're going after Akatsuki it's going to take some powerful plot no jutsu for them to pull it off. I can see them maybe beating Hidan if they were to fight him 3v1 with no interruptions, but I'm not sure how they're going to separate him from Kakuzu.
Ino's mind control can help in stopping Kakuzu, in addition to making him attack Hidan.

But, I also guess, some reinforcements will arrive to help them finish their job, but it is possible that those reinforcements will be also somewhat related to Asuma, for instance, Kurenai and her team. Achieving multi-level success with a single mission (observing Ino, Chouji, and if possible a few other familiar new chuunins, in addition to getting revenge and getting rid of two Akatsuki), we are entering a good arc.

Anyway, even without reinforcements, Shika had enough time to think of strategies, to beat them even with the three of them alone. So, with a good plan, those two Akatsuki members should be beatable even by only three of them. Otherwise, what is the point of taking action, to only become KIA?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 12:58   Link #9
vietpimp

Awesome chapt. It answered some question like Asuma's relationship w/ Konoharmu and the Third. Can't believe they threw in the funny scene w/ Kakashi and Naruto in the middle of this sad chapter. LOL can't wait for next week to see them fight.

And also the way Naruto come up w/ his "new" technique is LAME. How the hell did he not think of that when he already used a clone to create the original Rasengan WTF. Stupid thats all.
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:04   Link #10
rman0099
On my nut

I always liked Shika and I think he is going to take over the role/personality of Asuma now. We already begin to see it with the smoking and weapon. Can't wait to see what he comes up with to defeat Hidan.

On Naruto....I hope that now with this "new" jutsu he is developing he isn't all of a sudden so ridiculously powerful that he pwns everyone. Kakashi wants him to develope this to counter Sasuke but what he really needs to do is work on some taijutsu and speed. In the brief encounter Sasuke showed he had much more speed than naruto and would obviously pwn him like Itachi pwned Sasuke back in the hotel. I just dont want to see this turn into an "I learned this jutsu so you can't beat me." Then a "well I just learned that and I pwn you now!"....Then wash, rinse, repeat.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:05   Link #11
Blaine

Good chapter, and we know now that asuma was konohamarus uncle
Old 2006-11-09, 13:22   Link #12
tritoch

So that makes Shika wind type if he's using Asuma's blades ?
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:34   Link #13
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Can someone post the link to where they are reading this scan?
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:36   Link #14
tritoch

there's no scanlations yet. raw just started popping a while ago but I can't give you that too. forum rules.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:42   Link #15
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I like Naruto's looks more and more (kinda wrong idea huh )

Ok, I added a summary again \(^ ^)/
So we know 2 things:
  • Konohamaru is not Asuma's son, but his nephew
  • Even though Yondaime was a genius, he wouldn't be able to complete his jutsu, because he didn't have enough chakra to keep using kage bunshin until done with Rasengan

Do you think Shikamaru went on a revenge expedition?
By the way, I wonder if this smoking thing will have an effect on Shikamaru fans in Japan

'that' way Kakashi likes Naruto that made him lose all his concentration will certainly be a source for shounen-ai & SasuNaru discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
Can someone post the link to where they are reading this scan?
Read my summary
Old 2006-11-09, 13:45   Link #16
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Nothing really happened, but I liked the chapter... guess I've been watching naruto for way too long now to like an emotional chapter based on fake people haha

Anyways, Ino looked (actually everyone) looked fat at the funeral in the frame where kurenai is squatting on the grave.

I'm looking foward to how shika will use Asuma's knives.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:48   Link #17
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Could Shikamaru actually have wind chakra? He'd strike me the type to blow everyones minds and have fire chakra or something. I can imagine his really cool calm voice echoing as he says KATON! And the knives ignite... *Enter jutsu*
Old 2006-11-09, 13:49   Link #18
tritoch

Yeah, I was wondering about those blades. Asuma said that it specifically was used in conjunction with his wind affinity type.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:50   Link #19
Mists

This must be settled. Asuma is Konohamaru's uncle...I believe his father is looming about somewhere, either he is this 'king,' a demon sealed within him (Konoha's secret weapon perhaps) or someone part of Akatsuki...Dunno what it is, it's just a feeling he's alive somewhere (could even me AL perhaps!)

I have a feeling we'll see more of Naruto's clones competing a jutsu, like maybe 3 won't work vs Sasuke and then we see a super powered up techinique that involves 6 or something.

I'm still disappointed in what's happening and the direction Kishi is taking this...Really? Kakashi or Yamato can't duplicate themselves and have each individual work on a separate aspect of a technique? Plus we could see this a mile away, don't know why kakazhi couldn't see it...he always saw Naruto doing Rasengan with a clone!

Jiayara, where are you...maybe he was disappointed that he didn't teach Naruto anything...maybe he is Sarutobi's son and is wearing a wig because he doesn't believe in any of this stuff.

I also don't like how Shika is picking up chain smoking now......

so much to dislike currently....

and now the anime is probably the biggest waste of time ever (even in those few seconds I scan through it to see if we're at the manga part yet, or even if the ending shows any sort of hint). The manga isn't too great now either.......

The Zabuza arc showed something special in both places........what is this now?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:53   Link #20
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

True but Shikamaru is a genius. He could find a way to apply his chakra to it. I don't think it would be wind.. It'd sorta take the light off Naruto cos he has wind chakra. I just have a feeling it'll be another chakra type. Like Fire or Lightning. It can't exactly be earth, get the knives dirty from a sharp soil jutsu or something.. lol. And water will rust them! :P