AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 14:05   Link #41
changeup

If only all the other series can learn from this one, so that we can save hours or even days in watching meaningless filler scenes and still pictures!!!
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:29   Link #42
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Hmm, let me see.

First of all, I have a chance to read some of the manga, that I really like. So I have high hopes about this series and so far, it has. The relationship between Rahzel and Alzeid is pretty solid and you have to love Rahzel personally. I hope that someone subbed this.
Old 2008-01-08, 04:17   Link #43
arkxkra
全力全開

finish watching first episode, not bad, story look interesting, drawing and quality good as well, Rahzel look cute
Old 2008-01-10, 06:46   Link #44
masama
use the fōrks ~

is this anime based on a shoujo manga? this anime certainly gives me that vibe, not exactly a fan of shoujo and lovey dovey stuff myself. But the comedy certainly makes up for it, hopefully we'll see more throughout.

The 1st episode is very good.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 12:01   Link #45
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
is this anime based on a shoujo manga? this anime certainly gives me that vibe, not exactly a fan of shoujo and lovey dovey stuff myself.
Hatenkou Yuugi, the manga, is shoujo-ish but is definitely not a lovey-dovey shoujo manga. It's an action adventure shoujo manga. At times, it can get surprisingly graphic and violent. (Tokyopop was caught off-guard by the series. It originally rated the series as Teen, but upped it to Older Teen after some rather disturbing crime scenes in later volumes.) In Japan, the manga runs in the same magazine that publishes Saiyuki and Loveless. It's aimed at a similar reading market if that gives you any insight into the kind of audience this is geared towards.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 12:45   Link #46
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Hatenkou Yuugi, the manga, is shoujo-ish but is definitely not a lovey-dovey shoujo manga. It's an action adventure shoujo manga. At times, it can get surprisingly graphic and violent. (Tokyopop was caught off-guard by the series. It originally rated the series as Teen, but upped it to Older Teen after some rather disturbing crime scenes in later volumes.) In Japan, the manga runs in the same magazine that publishes Saiyuki and Loveless. It's aimed at a similar reading market if that gives you any insight into the kind of audience this is geared towards.
Action Shoujo!

Providing they keep up with what they delivery in ep1 then I'm happy with it. Not that I hate a good love story, just I don't think too far into it. So I usually switch focus to something else when that sort of things pop up.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:07   Link #47
Ookla The Mok

The more violent and disturbing content started in volume 2, but it took until volume 5 before the rating caught up with it.

The volume 4 chapter that the 2nd episode is based on has one of the highest body counts in the series, at least until volume 6. Eh heh heh.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:03   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Rahzel is a fascinating character. And Kobayashi Sanae is outstanding as her voice. I liked the comic suddenness and offhandedness of some things.

The concept of action shoujo certainly appeals, even to someone like me who likes romance shoujo.

As for subs, LolitaDecay, the fansub wiki says that three groups are planning to sub it: Shinsen, Ijimeko, and possibly Generation neXt.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:25   Link #49
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for subs, LolitaDecay, the fansub wiki says that three groups are planning to sub it: Shinsen, Ijimeko, and possibly Generation neXt.
Thank you for the info ^^
Old 2008-01-11, 11:19   Link #50
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

w3g Fansubbing journal entry #01

Since I have nothing better to do this weekend, I have decided to fansub this series. By myself. And thus, my journey into the unknown world of fansubbing started today.

Step 1: Secure a raw.
Completed in 1 hour, piece of cake.

Step 2: Translate everything into english on notepad.
Completed in 4 hours, time flies when you are having fun.

Step 3: Learn to time with SSA.
Learnt so much doing this. SSA program requires a wav file for effective timing, and the wav file is created from avi with VirtualDub program. Open both translation text and wav file in SSA, and this step becomes easy as cake.

Step 4: Create container file for raw + subs
To preserve raw quality, use mkv format. And creating mkv is so much faster than other methods. The whole process, including downloading, installing mkvtoolnix, figuring out the program and getting mkv created, took less than 15 minutes.

Last step: Distro
Just when the finish line seems so close at hand, the unstoppable force sets in. My ISP hates bittorrent, and blocks every single port and connection it can. This simply means I can't seed the file at home. That just leaves 2 options: Use http direct download, or find someone who can do distro for me.

Last edited by w3g; 2008-01-12 at 05:21.
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 03:29   Link #51
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Sigh, I wish the subs for english is out soon so that more people can be exposed to this great series. I really fell in love with it, especially after the second episode came out. That said, I also blogged on the summary + screenshots of Episode 2.

Hope that it will quench the thirst for those who wants a glimpse of what happened, and leave a comment on the blog if you want ^_^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 04:29   Link #52
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Edit 2-
Finally have BT running smoothly, many thanks to Deathkillz for the help!

Download Episode One

Comments if possible ^^ This is my first sub after all.

Last edited by w3g; 2008-01-12 at 13:26.
Old 2008-01-12, 04:37   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow w3g gambare!!

ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 13:36   Link #54
Ookla The Mok

w3g, you should announce your torrent in this forum: http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
so they can add it to the front page of animesuki.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:32   Link #55
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Thanks w3g!
Downloading now
Old 2008-01-12, 17:18   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks for subbing this. My daughter reads the manga, and I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

My only concern is that the torrent is hosted at thepiratebay. Many of us would prefer that our IP addresses not show up on their trackers since they're just too visible and host too much illegal material. (Yes, I know fansubs are strictly illegal, too, but there's a big difference in visibility between an episode of this show and a full-length Hollywood movie ripped from DVDs or captured with a camera in a theater.) So if someone could help you relocate this, and more importantly future, torrents to a tracker like scarywater, I think that would be a good idea. (I also don't know whether AS will list torrents hosted at thepiratebay, either.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:16   Link #57
Pikaru

ok i keep getting error

when i click the torrent it says error not a file. I don't know what is going on. Could anyone tell me why?
Pikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:30   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It works for me
And sorry about the dodgy tracker...this is my first time uploading anything so I pretty much picked it are random ie the first one on the list.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:52   Link #59
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Both the link above and the one on AnimeSuki torrent page works fine for me, on both IE and FF. But just in case, here is the direct download. Use torrent if possible, ddl and seeder server already tore through 25g of transfer in last 10 hours.

@ SeijiSensei, sorry the scarywater tracker is too much trouble right now. There is no automated registration, and I probably don't have the energy to install+figure out IRC and contact their admin to set things up. (hates IRC from long time ago) The pirate torrent will have to do for now since every single major torrent site uses them. Unless someone do the scarywater registration for me...

Am 1/2 way through the script for episode 2, ssa file will be ready soon, but still can't find decent raw to go along with it.

The OP and ED proves quite tedious to translate. Can't figure out a few lines for the life of me. If only the lyrics are available somewhere...
Old 2008-01-12, 19:16   Link #60
inthemirror

I PMd you, but I have the opening romaji and Kanji, and I am currently working on the ending. ^_^
inthemirror is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy