AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-22, 10:25   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Usually they would flatten the mountain with incendiary and penetrator rounds before storming it. If not, they would storm it at night and clear out the bunkers one-by-one after identifying it with drones and FLIR binoculars/rangefinders - it is almost impossible to expect an enemy dropping a satchel charge into your pothole and blowing you to bits at 2am in the morning.

Usually QRF squadrons have a Mountain Warfare division devoted entirely to rooting out the defenders of a mountain, scaling up unexpected cliff edges or simply crawling on their bellies up the slope, then calling in artillery on the bunkers.
... and we don't have anything close to being classified as a bunker buster, let alone anything that can penetrate a tin roof. We don't even have enough M67's (at least I think we use M67's, hell we're probably using MkII's for fuck's sake) to go around.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:36   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
... and we don't have anything close to being classified as a bunker buster, let alone anything that can penetrate a tin roof. We don't even have enough M67's (at least I think we use M67's, hell we're probably using MkII's for fuck's sake) to go around.
You guys probably won't be facing double-hardened concrete bunkers if fighting insurgents.....the material required is too couspicious to be smuggled into the mountains, so regular HE shells would do.

Besides, with 10 infantry divisions and an entire battalion devoted to quick-reaction and counter insurgency, there will be plenty of men to overrun an entire mountain. Plus, most of these men had plenty of experience dealing with MILF.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:52   Link #23
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
...right, for there own benefit. That point doesn't resolve anything. It only proves how China is so greedy for more resources to take.
Of course. But I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was right, I'm just talking about why they would not invade the Philippines (or any other country), because it would not be beneficial for them to have to deal with the angry locals as well as massive decrease in international opinion and likely intervention on the part of the US.
Old 2012-04-22, 15:33   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Isn't mountain warfare much suited for defensive warfare ? You should expect a good deal of casualty on your soldiers's side if this scenario would happen.
I mean is that, we hope this communist just go up the mountains and fight the government squarely, but I doubt they (communist) have the guts to do so.

To tell the reality, most rebels here (NPA, MILF and ASG) fight for greed and wealth using ideals and religion just for as covering their true intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm just talking about why they would not invade the Philippines .
Claiming the Spratly's and Scarborough then sending surveillance ships is consider by some as "invading one's property".
Old 2012-04-22, 16:02   Link #25
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Claiming the Spratly's and Scarborough then sending surveillance ships is consider by some as "invading one's property".
Sorry, my meaning was that they (the Chinese) would not invade the main populated areas of the country, instead just those small islands that it can get away with.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:17   Link #26
Sides

So this dispute is going on for years and years think the Philippines join the party sometime in the late 90's. What changed? Rise of nationalism and fascism around the world, seeing some reaction here, the world can only become a more shitty place tomorrow. Correction a more shitty place than it already is.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:48   Link #27
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Jeez. And to think I'm of Chinese origin when I raise an eyebrow at PLAN intrusions.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-22, 20:07   Link #28
sa547
*Author

Checked the maps. Too easy to figure that my country is nearer to those disputed isles in proximity compared to Hainan.

The Chinese claims reminds me all too well of the annexation of Tibet.
Old 2012-04-22, 20:52   Link #29
PzIVf3

Same happened from Japan
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83G0I320120417
Old 2012-04-22, 21:00   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I've studied about the Senkaku disputes before. Very familiar.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-22, 21:09   Link #31
NoemiChan
Banned

This picture of China's island claims is also ridiculous
Old 2012-04-22, 21:55   Link #32
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Jeez. And to think I'm of Chinese origin when I raise an eyebrow at PLAN intrusions.
It's pretty blatantly wrong, but not much unlike the actions of the US in the 1800s. Look at Hawaii for instance.
Old 2012-04-22, 22:09   Link #33
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

China just want to get more natural resources i bet, but if this thing gets serious the Philippines is helpless, our military technology are just a joke lol
Old 2012-04-22, 22:15   Link #34
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
China just want to get more natural resources i bet, but if this thing gets serious the Philippines is helpless, our military technology are just a joke lol
I pity the Chinese residing here in the Philippines if hatred arises....
Old 2012-04-22, 22:19   Link #35
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I pity the Chinese residing here in the Philippines if hatred arises....
Sacrificial Lamb....
Old 2012-04-22, 23:21   Link #36
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Now I'm reminded of the Indonesia events that happened in 1998...

If that happens, than the anti-Chinese crowd'll have to take down the president since he's got Chinese roots.

Old 2012-04-22, 23:25   Link #37
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

China don't really want to escalate this though. If this goes out of hand, US navy will get involved.
Old 2012-04-22, 23:28   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They'll also have to take me down to. Should I have to start looking for assassins out my window?
Old 2012-04-22, 23:29   Link #39
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
If that happens, than the anti-Chinese crowd'll have to take down the president since he's got Chinese roots.
Sorry, I meant the "pure bloods" and the Chinese drug syndicates. Half Chinese might be in the exception, unless they can't speak the "right tongue". "KABABAYAN KA BA?
Old 2012-04-22, 23:49   Link #40
NoemiChan
Banned

Greed is the real enemy here... Greedy people must die.
Closed Thread