AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 01:29   Link #1381
00Coyote

And girls und panzer is back! Yay!

However, I can't shake the feeling that there were still chunks missing, especially towards the end. For lack of a better term, there was too much dead space in the last 1/3 of the show. I'm going to assume it's a result of the production screw up that caused the delay, so they had to really stretch some scenes out to cover up the missing parts.

Beyond the clunky wrap up at the end, the fight itself had a high tension and satisfying end, like a last second desperate Hail Mary in American football.

Edit: After rewatching it, I need to clarify my post. There were two good examples of dramatic pause and silence. When the volley ball team found the flag, and the silence after Hana took out the flag, both were used to good effect. Where it got clunky was toward the end. They broke their pacing, and they started to extend out shots not for reasons of being dramatic, but to eat up time.

Last edited by 00Coyote; 2012-11-20 at 02:40. Reason: things
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:05   Link #1382
4Tran

Episode 6

Wow. What a good episode. What I especially like was how the direction used space and gave a good sense of what was going on at all times. The action in Girls und Panzer has been very good, but this episode might take the cake - lots of tasty tension everywhere. I also really liked how many good interior shots were in this episode. Just lots of great direction to go around.

The song of the day today is The Army Goes Rolling Along. It might be an even better choice than Battle Hymn of the Republic. The music direction for Girls und Panzer has been exceptional as well.
Old 2012-11-20, 02:28   Link #1383
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, if the end-credit silhouette serves as an indication, the IV might finally be getting the upgrade we've been waiting for.

That being said... I can only wonder about the rest of the tanks, considering nothing can improve the 89, 38t or Lee...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:39   Link #1384
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, if the end-credit silhouette serves as an indication, the IV might finally be getting the upgrade we've been waiting for.
The black end-credit silhouette is a Commie addition.

In any case, from the next episode preview pic looks like we'll get the events of manga chapter 6 next week, which should include the UPGRADES, right before they jump into the fight against Anzio. They have been consistent with starting battles at the 2nd half of an episode afterall

Also, looks like we got a major clue into the situation with Oarai from Arisa's ramblings this episode.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:40   Link #1385
gaiar31

Next Team is Anzio = Italy Team . They win France.

http://www.mediafire.com/?esfccx7ey48849q

.v
v
v
I want to know to what kind of italy's tank?

Last edited by gaiar31; 2012-11-20 at 03:10.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:42   Link #1386
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The black end-credit silhouette is a Commie addition.
You know... if they weren't the first one with a .mkv release... grumble...

I guess I have to be more cautious with Commie releases, my first time obviously ended in confusion

That being said, I wonder what the Italians got...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-20, 02:48   Link #1387
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Who are they?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Girl from OP
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Are they the new member that using Renault B1 BIS?
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:51   Link #1388
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Who are they?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Girl from OP

Are they the new member that using Renault B1 BIS?
We have no idea who they are, but that's the most likely expectation for them. Even though the Char B1 Bis was operated by 4 crewmen, it can operate with just 3.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-20, 04:45   Link #1389
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 6:

- Why didn't the volleyball club sneak a shot at the flag panzer the moment they spotted them? I mean, that was a long period of speechlessness.

- Why doesn't Maho talk?

- Why is this show so good?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 04:50   Link #1390
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Why didn't the volleyball club sneak a shot at the flag panzer the moment they spotted them? I mean, that was a long period of speechlessness.
The Type 90 57 mm gun could penetrate of 20 mm of armor at 500 meters, meaning it would not be able to penetrate the minimum of 38 mm of armor that the Sherman had. On the other hand, the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 of Miho's Pz IV could penetrate 43 mm inclined at 30 degrees (effectively 49.65 mm) at ranges of up to 700 meters.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 06:38   Link #1391
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The Type 90 57 mm gun could penetrate of 20 mm of armor at 500 meters, meaning it would not be able to penetrate the minimum of 38 mm of armor that the Sherman had. On the other hand, the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 of Miho's Pz IV could penetrate 43 mm inclined at 30 degrees (effectively 49.65 mm) at ranges of up to 700 meters.
They need to at least upgrade to the Chi Ha and the 47mm, not that "World War I tank trapped in World War II"... thing, they drive at present.

If nothing else, if you wanna keep them special, have them use a Panzerkampfwagen 765 KV-I (r), or an M6 Heavy.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 06:51   Link #1392
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6
so now after blasting one of the sherman tank cue radio sherman spy person going on why yet oh awkward meet with one of the oarai tanks cue the chase.

radio sherman running from all 5 oarai tank with radio spy female going panic-breakdown-WHY they going to get ya mode til here more sherman tanks to chase in.

with shooting & tank down cue one snipe shot down goes all the sherman hurray they win but reizei's family member got ill til miho's sister gve reizei ride to her grandparents.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 07:01   Link #1393
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Cucumber Sandwiches
Images
Brilliant Onee-sama
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 08:53   Link #1394
tsunade666

Onee-sama turn into cosplayer?

Episode 06. Its a nice thing for Miho's sister to help Mako. So she is not bad person. Just a quite one.
Old 2012-11-20, 10:51   Link #1395
Marina2

Alisa is so LOL when she is in panic.

She goes from "Fire! Fire! Kill them!" to "My sherman is the best" to "F.ck you Oarai" and to "My love interest went for another girl" LOL

She will get a lot of parody fanart for sure.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:09   Link #1396
tsunade666

^Here expression was also priceless. Liked the different set of expressions scene on her.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:39   Link #1397
Tak

Maho is a tsundere!!

Somehow I feel, if Miho is to face her inner demons, she would temporarily return to Black Forest, team-up with Maho again and face Pravda.

That would be... fun...

- Tak

Old 2012-11-20, 11:58   Link #1398
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Maho is a tsundere!!
My shoujo-infested brain concocts the scenario of a stone-faced Maho outside her room cooly dismissing Erika. Then Maho goes inside, and hugs her Miho dakimakura while going kyaa~ on how awesome her little sister is and how she's planning on getting revenge on Kay for touching her precious imouto.

Old 2012-11-20, 12:13   Link #1399
Tak

Move away from the pill LoweGear... move away from the pill...

- Tak

Old 2012-11-20, 12:19   Link #1400
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Move away from the pill LoweGear... move away from the pill...

- Tak
MAKE ME!!!!!!

*caresses his precious pills... my precious.....*

Speaking of pills...

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks