AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-14, 18:48   Link #61
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Trailer looks disappointing and dull. A bunch of geezers in suits and guys talking.. :yawn: (Yeah, I'm so excited now. -.-)

The music is also a bit dull and doesn't conform to the standards of the game.

Seems to me like this is an amateur animation company. (Judging by the logo.) However I really do hope they do a better job in the actual anime. Persona is a great series.. and I wouldn't like to see it trashed.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 00:19   Link #62
Jesus Christnekoff

Quote:
A bunch of geezers in suits and guys talking..
That's... pretty much what the Persona series has always been like.
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 11:38   Link #63
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Look on the bright side: at least it's good-looking CG and not GONZO-quality. -__-
impossible (ĭm-pŏs'ə-bəl)

1. Incapable of having existence or of occurring.
2. Not capable of being accomplished: an impossible goal.
3. Unacceptable; intolerable: impossible behavior.
4. Extremely difficult to deal with or tolerate: an impossible child; an impossible situation.

7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 11:55   Link #64
rimaa

cant wait for this one, persona 3 was a pretty great game
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 12:08   Link #65
Sciel
Etoilé

Played P3 recently and it was really a breath of fresh air compared to recent RPG's . Its a shame then ending had to be like that though .

Anyways , i'm really excited about this series and can't wait till it airs . Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Last edited by Sciel; 2007-12-15 at 12:26.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:54   Link #66
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I saw the trailer.While it looked a little cliche, I liked what I saw.The two guys talking while watching the sky caught my interest.
Old 2007-12-22, 13:06   Link #67
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

this caught my attention and i think it could be intense, coming from the director and writer of blood+. will definitely watch it.
hachihachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 11:50   Link #68
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Spoilers from 2ch.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Site's also been updated with a desktop widget so that you can stream the latest TS news, make memos and have the Kanzato brothers sitting around in their SD form.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 04:24   Link #69
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Could someone give a decent plot description of the games?

Reading some of the posts (90 hours O_O) I'm afraid to say that I probably wouldn't have time to play them all, and am semi-kinda interested in picking this up when it airs next month.

Or could one probably get by without knowing anything about the games?
Old 2007-12-26, 04:50   Link #70
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp
Spoilers from 2ch.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Spoiler:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 10:17   Link #71
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

It turns out...

Spoiler for More on episode 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
Could someone give a decent plot description of the games?

Reading some of the posts (90 hours O_O) I'm afraid to say that I probably wouldn't have time to play them all, and am semi-kinda interested in picking this up when it airs next month.

Or could one probably get by without knowing anything about the games?
Well, Wiki has a brief description. Persona 3 has a great story with a number of twists. Since they decided to set this 10 years after it, I doubt you'll really need to know the games to sub it. I'm sure they'll have some scenes where they'll run through things such as what Apathy Syndrome and Personas are so I doubt you'll have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Spoiler:
Well, Doujishin is Doujishin. What are you doing reading ones about Akihiko anyway?
Old 2007-12-27, 02:58   Link #72
meh

Meh, I liked Persona 3, but I'm not sure if this looks promising. Has there actually been a successful video game-turned-anime before? And I'm not talking about visual novels or dating games that are story-centric. But rather just a regular video game.

Had this been any other megaton game, I would've skipped it. Persona 3 was the only megaton game that didn't have a random encounter every 5 seconds to bore the crap out of me.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:36   Link #73
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

More spoilers

Spoiler for Scenes from episode 1 with P3 touch:
Ah, that's the details I wanted to hear!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Meh, I liked Persona 3, but I'm not sure if this looks promising. Has there actually been a successful video game-turned-anime before? And I'm not talking about visual novels or dating games that are story-centric. But rather just a regular video game.

Had this been any other megaton game, I would've skipped it. Persona 3 was the only megaton game that didn't have a random encounter every 5 seconds to bore the crap out of me.
Well, lets see... I think the "Tales of" series did well, heard Disgaea was disappointing, Star Ocean and FFVII Last Order was pretty good. Pokemon and Digimon continues through the years but, I guess they don't count

And yes, the avoidable encounters is certainly one of the aspects I like about P3.
Old 2007-12-27, 16:52   Link #74
ZODDGUTS

Well the .hack anime was pretty good. Heard the Wildarms and Arc the Lad anime were pretty decent as well.

Anyways for the first episode of Persona how was the animation same goes for the CG if it had any.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 21:21   Link #75
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well the .hack anime was pretty good. Heard the Wildarms and Arc the Lad anime were pretty decent as well.

Anyways for the first episode of Persona how was the animation same goes for the CG if it had any.
Ah yes, how can I forget .hack. It was a great show with great music. I lost interest after the Twilight Bracelet series, though.

According to one person who went to the première the animation was smooth, battle scenes were cool and the artwork in the ending was extremely surreal. As a Persona fan however, he thought the Persona that appeared was not very good design wise. P3 fans should get a smile out of the soundtrack even though it's by GetBackers' Iwasaki and not Shoji Meguro.

So just like you mentioned a few posts back, A-1 Pictures seem to have done a good job here too.

There weren't many comments about the animation quality. That was the only poster in fact... Everyone's been talking more about the story itself ^^;
Old 2007-12-27, 21:46   Link #76
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Well, lets see... I think the "Tales of" series did well, heard Disgaea was disappointing, Star Ocean and FFVII Last Order was pretty good. Pokemon and Digimon continues through the years but, I guess they don't count
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post

So those did pretty well? I've actually never even heard of the FFVII Last Order, Arc the Lad, and Wild Arms animes until now. While the few episodes of 'Tales of' and Star Ocean didn't seem interesting.

I did forget about .Hack though.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:08   Link #77
cyth
Banned

I've also written a short impression on my blog (new anime series are inbound, so kind of lazy to retype).
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 11:58   Link #78
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I have seen the Op and the Ed
The Ending is KINDA STRANGE O_O
But the opening is pretty good...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 12:35   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 13:49   Link #80
ThoHell

I was quite impressed with he first episode. Well done, well done indeed. Looking forward to this series, hope the characters don't become emo (I just felt some of the characters gave off that vibe).
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural