AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 22 13.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 8.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 11.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 23.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 9.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 8.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 8.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 11.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 20:19   Link #201
Arkwright

On the subject of changes between the events in this episode and the novel:

Spoiler for VN version of this ep's events:
Old 2009-12-11, 20:42   Link #202
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
On the subject of changes between the events in this episode and the novel:

Spoiler for VN version of this ep's events:
Actually that's not true. She says both in the VN. She had not yet 'materialized' 6 years ago, and she and Battler only first met when the game began. She says they had no connection prior to that. Of course, it's not in red (just that the sin is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice), but I'm pretty sure what she says in the VN is essentially the same, the Anime just cuts to the chase more with the whole exchange.

Or the whole episode, for that matter...
Old 2009-12-11, 20:45   Link #203
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I just finished the episode, and I just have to say:
... WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?
They just keep adding new demons, and powers, and other stuff... My brain... =.=
Old 2009-12-11, 20:49   Link #204
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Actually that's not true. She says both in the VN. She had not yet 'materialized' 6 years ago, and she and Battler only first met when the game began. She says they had no connection prior to that. Of course, it's not in red (just that the sin is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice), but I'm pretty sure what she says in the VN is essentially the same, the Anime just cuts to the chase more with the whole exchange.

Or the whole episode, for that matter...
Well, I read through that part of the VN after I watched it, and I didn't see it. I'm not saying it's impossible I missed something, but I was looking for that specifically.

Spoiler for specifics:
Old 2009-12-11, 20:52   Link #205
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I just finished the episode, and I just have to say:
... WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?
They just keep adding new demons, and powers, and other stuff... My brain... =.=
There were no new demons or powers in this episode, though.
Old 2009-12-11, 20:54   Link #206
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

I meant that they can now 'delay' deaths. Convenient huh??
Old 2009-12-11, 20:57   Link #207
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
Well, I read through that part of the VN after I watched it, and I didn't see it. I'm not saying it's impossible I missed something, but I was looking for that specifically.
Huh...well, I just played through that scene again earlier today when I posted the screenshots a few pages back, and I swore that was one of the few points of the episode I felt had pretty much the same meaning. Maybe I was just jumbling them together mentally because to me what she said seemed the same in both versions? Now I'm unsure, but I'm also too lazy to double-check it. In the event that the phrasing was changed, however, it might be significant. Then again, looking at how the rest of the episode played out, I can't say I find it likely Ryukishi had a lot of influence over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear
Only if you're Anti-Mystery, though. Otherwise it only has as much significance as the other demons and stakes and goats and everything else magical.
Old 2009-12-11, 20:59   Link #208
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Remember at the beginning of the third game when Virgilia repaired the broken vase, but it was only temporary until a cat came and broke it again?

Jessica's case is like that.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:02   Link #209
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

I'm anti-fantasy, so for me, all the demons and magical stuff are just distractions.
Even though Jessica 'died' outside the house, she was teleported back to the room, so her and George will both end up being found dead where they were asked to go, so to me the teleportation was just a distraction, since they both ended up where they started anyways.
I'm not sure if that made sense...

Huh, I completely forgot about the vase thing
Old 2009-12-11, 23:33   Link #210
Rei-Tenshi

Ok, I just finished watching this episode.

I have to agree that this is definitely a strong candidate for worst adapted episode of the series.
Old 2009-12-12, 03:04   Link #211
Crontica

Ugh. the pole numbers for 10 and 1 are TIED. Pretty sad indeed.
Old 2009-12-12, 03:11   Link #212
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

As an anime only viewer, I didn't really mind it, but I guess the VN readers had a reason to dislike it.
Old 2009-12-12, 05:47   Link #213
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Ugh. the pole numbers for 10 and 1 are TIED. Pretty sad indeed.
I know, it should be filled with 1s only.
Old 2009-12-12, 06:19   Link #214
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
I know, it should be filled with 1s only.
Okay, I laughed.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:31   Link #215
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

is it me or did George actually looked cool in this ep. xD
2bad they let so much out T^T
Old 2009-12-12, 11:56   Link #216
Alair

They left out Goat-kun. Meh, no biggie. I do mind a bit more that they left out most of the interaction with the parents' group, doubly so since a lot of them have hardly had any real scenes over the course of the series. I don't really blame the animators since the books are fairly large and even without pacing considerations there's no real way you could fit even half of them into a 26 episode series... but it really could have used a lot more space.

For the episode we got, it's decent enough. If anything I'm rather appreciative they cut George and Jessica's fight scenes as briefly as they did - given the animators seem to love their fight scenes I was worried they were going to lavish them and shortchange everything else. The only thing that really has me puzzled is why they didn't have Beatrice make her statements to Battler in red. When the only thing you really trust is a statement in red "Because of your sin, people here and now are dying" is something that really gives you pause and make you wonder what a twelve year old could possibly to do that might lead to this without even remembering it.
Old 2009-12-12, 16:25   Link #217
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

i'm glad they didnt shorten the fights of Jessica and George like the fight of Beato vs. Virgillia
....poor Battler T^T...
Old 2009-12-12, 16:32   Link #218
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The conclusion to the fights... ouch! They were just being played around all along. What a devious combo of Gaap and Ronove! I thought it ended a bit too abruptly but that was ok. Jessica's phone call was pretty disturbing.

The escape scene had a nice little dialogue with Kanon and Shannon, and they seem to have a lot of determination this time around, probably fueled by their lovers' fights. Virgilla losing her cool was pretty funny. But then they run out and suddenly instantly all got splatted. I guess it's adequate, but all feels too fast. And Kyrie surviving long enough to give Battler a call seemed like a stretch. But perhaps if we ignore the magic part... And what's the music during the Siesta killing scene? Sounds pretty good.

The congruatltions part cracked me up. Sounds like Beatrice has been drinking too much.

I don't get the denial part. Even if he's not born of Asumu, he can still be Rudolf's son and thus Kinzo's grandson. In any case, Beatrice seems legitimately sad over this. I'd expect Ange to be a bit more emotional about this-- after all if Battler disappears and it's game over, nothing matters anymore.

Eh... I can't really comment anything else of substance about this episode; so I'm gonna stamp this episode with a 4, somewhere between a 4 and a 5. It's somewhat obvious there's big holes that are cut out in this story, and they seemed to have gone back to the early episode tendency of just listing events A, B, C, D which causes everything to go too fast and lack emotional impact. Basically, they are doing the bare minimum of a narrative which doesn't totally repulse me but just comes off as very lazy and that deserves some points taken off. I certainly hope to see more effort in the next two episodes, because the second season will be at stake here...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-12-12, 16:37   Link #219
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Spoiler for battler's mother:
Old 2009-12-12, 22:06   Link #220
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
Spoiler for battler's mother:
That isn't really a bad theory, it seems entirely possible if you really think about it. It could even have some sort of wierd conection between Battler's "Horrible sin." The fact that he talked to her last before she died, and that she was the last to die may actually have some significance later on...

Closed Thread