AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 9 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 31.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-13, 13:35   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Uhohohohaha you got me
Don't worry, UBW is coming .. Rin is enough for me, what about you?

Nah, I wasn't responding to you, it's all fine =p
I was worried about some users coming in and spreading some hate
Rin might satisfy me, especially since there won't be any dragonsex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I guess that what happens when you compare it to another arc, something i planned not to do before this show ended. Each arc is obviously going to be different from one another, so you shouldn't expect them to compare, especially each episodes. As we've already seen from Kaoru and Haruka's arc, they're both paced so differently.
They are definitely paced differently. Gotta remain objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Well this episode certainly didn't impress me. I was expecting something more given the rather dramatic title but instead we were given a rather flat piece of drama. It seems to me that drama clearly isn't part of this show's strenghts.
I'm glad they didn't go into Kaoru's family drama too much. They focused on how it impacted her and her developing relationship with Junichi. And while there wasn't any unpredictable (oxymoron sometimes, lol) drama, it was still good...at least that's what I thought.
Old 2010-08-13, 21:38   Link #42
feRfe

kaoru is an amazing girl not just for being honest to junichi but also to catch herself from going down the path of rage consistently even though she was shocked and really depressed at what happened, especially when junichi was a bit aggressive in his questioning. from what i've seen most girls would when confronted about problems just lie and when pressed flip, but kaoru did neither. The overhead throw was pain, but junichi took it like a man. When they went back to school I thought to myself several times just confess already lol... great ep amazing girl 10/10, ps junichi is so ecchi lol. goodness gracious. Also liked how he walked away thinking oh yea im so cool. just Lol greaaaaaat match

to those who said the drama was weak, well if Kaoru's dad wasn't dead I'd agree. But he is :/ so it's understandable.
Old 2010-08-14, 00:15   Link #43
wingman32x

An okay episode that had some pretty funny moments in it. I laughed when Junichi tried to get Kaoru's attention through the glass. He looked like a jackass lol. His "that was cool, wasn't it" line was funny. Other than that, not much development, just a few cute KaoruXJunichi moments. I can't really picture how they're going to wrap this up.

Looking into the future, we saw more of Sae and Ai. Sae's voice sounds really weird to me for some reason. I'll have to wait before I say anything else, though. She does seem like a cute character.

This episode gets a 7/10 from me.
Old 2010-08-14, 00:34   Link #44
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
An okay episode that had some pretty funny moments in it. I laughed when Junichi tried to get Kaoru's attention through the glass.
That was hilarious when he was just shoving his face in the glass then the two people near the window were like "What the???"

Quote:
His "that was cool, wasn't it" line was funny.
Hmm the fansub that I watched made him say "I was so cool" But there funny either way.
Old 2010-08-14, 03:46   Link #45
Itlandm
Porcupine

I don't think the two fansubs were meant to differ. Junichi was congratulating himself on his smooth move, basically. It wasn't Kaoru he thought was cool, it was himself, remembering her favorite chocolate. He may not be like a dog in this arc, but he sure is childish at times.

I hope Junichi keeps improving with each arc. At least in this episode he has some flashes of self-reflection and responsibility.

When Junichi put his hand on her shoulder and she took it, I was like AWW and then OWW! I hope the "good ending" does not show her beating up Junichi 10 years later...
Old 2010-08-14, 05:21   Link #46
Qikz

Juinichi's smug look as he walks away from Kaoru was fantastic when he realised how smooth he'd been. Pretty good episode, can't wait for the next!

Also, Kaoru is far, far too cute in that waitress outfit.
Old 2010-08-14, 08:07   Link #47
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Chocolate Solves Everything.

As he searches the city, he passes by places that brings back memories in their friendship. He almost instinctively goes through the places he thinks she could be, and at the same time he remembers the times they were together and how they really were “friends.” These are the times that prove that they aren’t the bad friends they both claim to be. Honestly would you take a bad friend shopping for clothes, playing pool with just the both of you and heck, buying chocolate? To a certain extent maybe, but they are much closer than both give themselves credit for. They’ve opened up to each other now and in the past much more than they previously realized.

Thus, seeing the way Junichi remembers their friendship helps the viewer delve into the possibilities of a friendship-turned-romance, as well as for him to put into perspective just how he really feels. He is confused as he searches for her, but as he slowly reminisces through the places of their shared memories, he slowly begins to understand that perhaps, they were much closer than they thought.

Perhaps the episode tried to downplay Junichi’s giving her chocolate by having him act like a complete dork in wondering if he was cool. Maybe for some viewers it would simply be Junichi being thoughtful of her and giving her something to cheer her up. For others it may simply be friends consoling friends, but for me this isn’t. For me, telling her it’s okay to cry and giving her chocolate is the proof that he deserves her, and she deserves him.

The mere fact that he could remember, out of everything the two of them have been through, that chocolate could be the one thing that would help put a smile on her face is much more than sympathetic understanding, but true empathy. He cares for her enough to do more than what is required of him than as “just” a friend. He could have simply listened to her sob story and given his advice, but he went the extra mile for her. Chocolate may come of as a simple gesture, but in times like this, it could easily mean the world to people.

And crying? As Junichi so aptly puts it, crying is okay when you need to, because crying isn’t a sign of weakness. It’s a sign that you’re human.

This for me is the best scene of her arc so far, as it is the sign that things have become mutual between the both of them. Maybe Junichi hasn’t figured it out consciously yet, but he is becoming aware. The entire city search for him was really a journey of self-awareness for him as he tries to figure out if there’s more to this friendship than meets the eye. On that short talk behind the cafe, I think he already knew. I think he knew that he loved her.
Old 2010-08-14, 09:47   Link #48
SnowSong

I can't help but notice the parallel -- during last Chrismas, Kaoru was the one supporting Junichi through his time of trials, and now Junichi is doing the same for Kaoru. It does put more meaning into the "just a friend, such a friend" lines in the ED.
Old 2010-08-14, 09:58   Link #49
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Well this episode certainly didn't impress me. I was expecting something more given the rather dramatic title but instead we were given a rather flat piece of drama. It seems to me that drama clearly isn't part of this show's strenghts.

While I can understand why Kaoru was upset with her mothers actions I felt that there was something lacking. I mean running away from home, that just felt weird. Kaoru's reputation (warhead thingie) clearly has some basis in reality. Junichi's reaction of running away from school to look for her also felt somewhat flat, especially when we were given the rather bland resolution scene at the restaurant. That was just anticlimactic.

All in all this episode felt like a rather slow build-up for the final where we will hopefully actually see some more emotion between Kaoru and Junichi. Right now they just feel like two old friends. Well, I still have my hopes for next week.
I also agree with this post and I would like to add: at times, it was meh. But this episode gets a 8/10 because it had some nice scenes also.
Old 2010-08-14, 13:35   Link #50
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Was kind of hoping Junichi might of had some interaction with Haruka :/ At least have them wonder why the guy was tailing them from behind :P

The chocolate part was cute, but I thought he said he had no money :? Also loved the kids teasing him at the beach. They sounded so mature and responsible :3
Old 2010-08-14, 13:38   Link #51
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist View Post
Was kind of hoping Junichi might of had some interaction with Haruka :/ At least have them wonder why the guy was tailing them from behind :P

The chocolate part was cute, but I thought he said he had no money :? Also loved the kids teasing him at the beach. They sounded so mature and responsible :3
Well that is mostly why the arcs are "entirely" different not just because Junichi goes after another girl, but due to the fact that the other girls besides the current arc are just completely left out to the fullest extent besides the supporting characters.

He lied :P

I kinda did like how the kids were sounding mature and responsible when they said "Hey, a guy that makes a girl cry is the worst."
Old 2010-08-14, 13:51   Link #52
Itlandm
Porcupine

He had no money because he had spent it all on her favorite chocolate. ^_^

Remembering someone's favorite things (and least favorite things) is a pretty good sign of love. Although it need not be romantic love, of course.
Old 2010-08-14, 15:03   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
also for some reason, I really hate the voice of Junichi's sister's friend. The soft-spoken one with the pigtails...
Not some reason, I also think it is horrible to the ears. Some people call that a cute voice, I call it nails on a chalkboard.

Anyway this sure is turning out to be a boring arc...I wasn't expecting this whole episode to be Kaoru emoness...It doesn't suit her character one bit >.>

Then again, I prefer this that being mind raped

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-08-14, 22:41   Link #54
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
His "that was cool, wasn't it" line was funny.
And manly. It was sure a great conclusion to this talk which's my favourite scene of this episode.
However it was strangely too perfect for me : I expected he'd stumble or bang against something (Junichi tends to remind me a little the clumsy Junpei Manaka of Ichigo 100%... )
Old 2010-08-14, 22:43   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
And manly. It was sure a great conclusion to this talk which's my favourite scene of this episode.
However it was strangely too perfect for me : I expected he'd stumble or bang against something (Junichi tends to remind me a little the clumsy Junpei Manaka of Ichigo 100%... )
I was expecting that also, it would have added a humor effect in with the coolness effect

Junichi: "that was cool, wasn't it" *accidentally hits a lamp post*
Old 2010-08-15, 17:36   Link #56
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Interesting episode, I'm definitely liking Kaoru more now that we're actually seeing her, rather than just going by all the praise she was getting in the generic thread xD. Also I think her action we reasonable given her mom wanted to marry someone she had never even meet, knew about until that day, and only find out about by chance, I mean if she hadn't saw it would her mom have planned to keep the wedding a secret from her until the day it actually happened?

Juuichi was also understandable to me, and I was glad to see that he managed to help and cheer Kaoru up some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^Sae's voice? Yeah, it's a little off for me too. Who knows, maybe she speaks like a yakuza lady boss when she gets pissed.
Odd that you mention that since her VA is the same as Akari Kogami from Lucky Star, an extremely bi-polar girl, so she could well pull off that kind of voice switch .
MAL
Old 2010-08-15, 17:39   Link #57
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Interesting episode, I'm definitely liking Kaoru more now that we're actually seeing her, rather than just going by all the praise she was getting in the generic thread xD. Also I think her action we reasonable given her mom wanted to marry someone she had never even meet, knew about until that day, and only find out about by chance, I mean if she hadn't saw it would her mom have planned to keep the wedding a secret from her until the day it actually happened?

Juuichi was also understandable to me, and I was glad to see that he managed to help and cheer Kaoru up some.
I wonder what would have happened if Kaoru never did find out that her mom was hanging around someone that she never knew, and held a secret wedding and forcing Kaoru to find out eventually.. I would expect major family tragedies to occur.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:53   Link #58
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

Odd that you mention that since her VA is the same as Akari Kogami from Lucky Star, an extremely bi-polar girl, so she could well pull off that kind of voice switch .

Yeah, I know
Old 2010-08-17, 14:17   Link #59
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

By default I was gonna make all of Kaoru's arc 10 simply cause it's Kaoru but this ep was somewhat uneventful, altho it does move along with the story, there really wasn't all that much to it.
Guess I was expecting something a little outrageous to happen given how the series has gone so far but still solid 9 here.

The little flashbacks of the times hanging out with each other were nice and Jun's pep talk was nice along with his "I was pretty cool" line

And oh god moar teenage years shenanigans, looking down a lass's top when playing pool, any lad thats played the game with girls will have done that

looking forward to and not looking forward to the end of this arc
Old 2010-08-21, 21:01   Link #60
Belmondo

I'm disappointed many people at the sites I frequent (before I joined here) didn't like this episode. Perhaps they weren't expecting deeper material from the "fetish fuel show"?

Granted the last episode showed the drama wasn't as well integrated as it could have been (there's a "my relationship = "mom's relationship" theme that's just passed over; as her mom needs a new man, so does Kaoru need Junichi), and Kaoru does admit she was too caught up in her own confusion to act normally (meaning it was wrong).

But when you look at the episode closely, she wasn't truly resisting the idea of a stepdad for her own sake ("I thought we would be fine by ourselves") but rather for the love of her biological dad. Who can fault one for that kind of love, even if one does wrong things because of it?

It's Tachibana, not her, who can directly state this, because he knows and understands her even better than she does herself at times. That shows how close they are even more than all their hanging out scenes. The heart-to-heart talk was their most intimate moment prior to their date and confessions.
Closed Thread