AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-04, 11:21   Link #201
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
So I'm not the only one to think this plus he was the one to see Shu breakdown after Hare die.
honestly, I don't want to think about this.... at least, if it's true, please let Shu to know and solve it in next episode and get rid of his mindbreak...
this anime is getting darker and darker.... we need Gai
Old 2012-02-04, 11:32   Link #202
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
So did you mean Hare death was Yahiro plan? or he just merely want to get rid of F rank but Hare becomes the collateral damage...?
I cant be sure his plan was for Hare to die.But that's probably he wanted some accident ..then yes. He probally want ....1 Shu to be more responsive a leader 2 break him down.I mean you see his face when he see Shu in that state.Plus why he was the only one to see the whole scene and the one to said the whole thing to Ayase and the other when Shu was annihilating the enemy? Another thing,we not heard what Yahiro said to Ayase and the other..we think he said about hare (and I'm sure he said about her) but not with what word or if he said all the true.It's a little suspects this.at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
High chance that Yashiro will backstab Shuu during a mission outside the red border, then go and kill Inori, because as far as he is concerned she is the sole cause of this epidemic.
Yeah. I agree here.Hell for him the true cause are Shu,Mana(and I'm sure everyone know about her now) and Inori. So ,yeah the chance are High for something like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
honestly, I don't want to think about this.... at least, if it's true, please let Shu to know and solve it in next episode and get rid of his mindbreak...
I don't want either. But I dont think he found out (if true) about this in the next ep.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:42   Link #203
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
The darker - the better. Let dead people remain dead.

Burn them, Shu! And bravo Yahiro, if it was you who made this happen. Simple, cliched, but useful trick.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:44   Link #204
Crontica

And i believe that Shuu and Inori's plot armour may be in danger, that chess discussion scene indicates that Gai and perhaps Mana may be still alive, the moment that is confirmed all bets are off.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:45   Link #205
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Interesting, liked this episode. But i have the feel that Shu will become normal again when all his friends will suffer in a terrible pain.

8/10
Old 2012-02-04, 13:27   Link #206
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
9/10

A good yet sad episode and as much as i feel for the students and the situation they are in i cant help but to be kind of pissed off at how things went down.

Hare's death flag was waving violently so that was expected but the manner is what i could not have guessed. Shu's indecision on how to take charge and make decisions based on what he thinks the best course of actions should be and Souta's vanity and high and mighty attitude about proving themselves lead to Hare's death. Iv never liked Souta and this sad incident cemented in my head exactly why i dont like him. At the age these characters are at ideology about fairness can run high hell i was the same at the age but i learned quickly that things are not always so black and white. If Souta had stopped to think about what the consequences might be he might have come to a different decision. This whole incident could have be avoided with minimal effort. When he said they wanted their Voids to practice i was actually proud of them learning to control your power is very note worthy but it was a lie and this is result. Souta and the rest have never seen real combat real bullets real bombs being blown up around them. Did they think they would never encounter any enemies if they left? In the end none of them even used their Voids they were too scared and this is why rushing into these kinds of situations is dangerous you can have all the power in the world but if you are not prepared for the horrors of war then you are useless. Souta sat down and started crying just like Shu had when he first encounter real combat. But Shu has had experience fighting his mind is adjusted to the chaos of combat and so are the rest of the survivors of Funeral Parlor.

I knew Shu was going to go mental but i had no idea he would break this hard. This is the kind of tragedy forces a person to shed their innocence. However, it can take a darker turn like in Shu's case. Where there is no longer room for a grey area. To Shu there is strong and weak, Useful and Useless and he has no removed all his emotions from the equation. Honestly, the person that was able to pull Shu back from the brink several times was Hare and now shes gone. I dont even think Inori has what Hare had to give Shu confidence to do what he must. If he starts acting like a tyrant the rest of the school is going to pay his eyes were empty except that of angry and pain and im sure he will seek revenge whenever possible. It will take a combined effort of everyones part to keep Shu from becoming a monster but honestly i feel bad for Shu and this breakdown was a long time coming.

Not only have they lost a friend but in the grand scheme of things they have also lost a very useful void that could repair equipment and heal the sick. If word gets out that Hare died because of Souta im pretty sure the rest of the student body wont take it well. Either way Souta deserved that beating he got from Shu i could care less what happens to him from now on. You can say you are sorry all you want it wont change the fact that someone died because of you selfishness. Souta is going to have live with that for the rest of his life assuming he even survives to the end of the series.

Im glad the series is taking a darker role because im finally getting emotional invested in it. The kind circumstances surrounding the main characters are not happy ones and should not be portrayed as so. Shu's emotions are a volatile which would be the case with any teenager who has gone through what he has. He has overcome many hurtles but this one is a HUGE one and something he has not experienced for. Everyone has a darkside some choose to fight it and some just loose to it hopefully Shu can fight those inner demons and become the leader that everyone needs to survive.
Old 2012-02-04, 20:03   Link #207
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I dunno if Shu's gonna be a king, but the way things are going, he'd make a great lord of the flies.
Old 2012-02-04, 20:16   Link #208
Arya

Ahi, ahi, Winter is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Also, Shu, wtf man, any good RPG teaches you not to only bring your healer along.
This is the key!! The void ranking is b.s. They have to split people in groups sorted by void types. Healers, long ranged voids, short ranged voids, melee etc etc, and then party them as in any good RPG as you said
In fact they did so back to the episodes when Gai "died".

Anyways this has really been the biggest error Shu did in this episode. Obviously from a real king's perspective he had to leave the F-rank alone, why risk the king's life for few people, knowing that a quite possible consequence would be sure death for all? But at least bring Inori with you man.

Anyways I got the idea that this has been a bigger turning point, more than it ended up to seem. I mean, before the F-rank group rush, Shu was embracing Hare both physically and metaphorically. The former is obvious, the latter means that he would have remained what he was, an irresolute leader, the looser King Hare was talking about. So even if now we will have a tyrannical Shu, it was the only option. Even if I guess it won't last long.

Ah, the reason the helicopter failed shooting Hare is obvious. Do you know how big the bullets of an helicopter's artillery are? Who would have endured looking at the soft, tiny and already bleeding Hare's body being spryed with 100mm bullets? When I saw the machine gun I thought, ok men, don't dare!!

Last, and most obvious, thing and it is the second time I say this. Souta have to die!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-04, 20:38   Link #209
n120cky

Quote:
I cant be sure his plan was for Hare to die.But that's probably he wanted some accident ..then yes. He probally want ....1 Shu to be more responsive a leader 2 break him down.I mean you see his face when he see Shu in that state.Plus why he was the only one to see the whole scene and the one to said the whole thing to Ayase and the other when Shu was annihilating the enemy? Another thing,we not heard what Yahiro said to Ayase and the other..we think he said about hare (and I'm sure he said about her) but not with what word or if he said all the true.It's a little suspects this.at least for me
Oh I see, but the irony is Hare want Shu to be the kind king, but in contras I think Yahiro want him to be a tyrant king. Come to think of it Yahiro was the one who recommend Shu to be the president, this guy does have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
This is the key!! The void ranking is b.s. They have to split people in groups sorted by void types. Healers, long ranged voids, short ranged voids, melee etc etc, and then party them as in any good RPG as you said
Yeah, Shu should have a private team (named Q1 sorry can't help it ) of voids, that have a good tactical advantage over many situation, not just going to battlefield with single healer . . .
Old 2012-02-04, 22:08   Link #210
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Oh man. This is exactly what I wanted. Ever since the episode where Shu had to kill Jun I was hoping they'd tear Shu apart into a shell of a person and that's apparently just what they have done! Now I hope they don't wimp out and have some kind of "healing" arc and undo all the beautiful insanity that is to come. It really are the "breaking" Shu episodes that I enjoy the most because they seem to bring the most interesting/delicious character development out of an otherwise boring character. Honestly, I'm hoping for Shu to become a real monster. That will definitely supplant whatever terrible plot trifles/devices (lol at finding the ranking system from cleaning; lrn2lock file cabinet) there are in this story.

Old 2012-02-05, 01:29   Link #211
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
And i believe that Shuu and Inori's plot armour may be in danger, that chess discussion scene indicates that Gai and perhaps Mana may be still alive
To be honest, when Shibungi mentioned of 'meeting someone,' I was thinking, "Gai?" But then I thought, "nah, he's dead (and he should be)..."

But knowing Guilty Crown, anything can happen...

No, seriously, don't bring him back, let the dead remain dead...
Old 2012-02-05, 06:51   Link #212
Soji

Guys I re watch the whole ep and I found out something big. Yahiro really kill Hare >_>
Let me explain ...I really don’t know if this was done on purpose but the scene showing after the helicopter shoots shows the helicopter rounds hitting everything but the healing “cord” it then shows a scene with Yahiro holding a gun from above. So I think he did it. It makes sense as he was really pushing the ranking system, and might of thought that Hares death might of made Shu use the system.>_> If I'm right(and I'm think I am) I want Yahiro die.
Old 2012-02-05, 07:28   Link #213
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Guys I re watch the whole ep and I found out something big. Yahiro really kill Hare >_>
Let me explain ...I really don’t know if this was done on purpose but the scene showing after the helicopter shoots shows the helicopter rounds hitting everything but the healing “cord” it then shows a scene with Yahiro holding a gun from above. So I think he did it. It makes sense as he was really pushing the ranking system, and might of thought that Hares death might of made Shu use the system.>_> If I'm right(and I'm think I am) I want Yahiro die.
If you watch the episode better, then you can see that the helicopter shot Hare's void with it's chain or gattling gun. Also her void was shot from higher angle, which means if Yahiro was stupid enough to stand from a higher position he would have been spotted by the patrolling helicopter and he would have been shot by that copter before he could shoot Hare.
Yahiro was the whole time near Ayase and Tsugumi holding their ground against the forces, so it makes no sense that he could run off without either Ayayse, Tsugumi noticing
Old 2012-02-05, 07:34   Link #214
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If you watch the episode better, then you can see that the helicopter shot Hare's void with it's chain or gattling gun. Also her void was shot from higher angle, which means if Yahiro was stupid enough to stand from a higher position he would have been spotted by the patrolling helicopter and he would have been shot by that copter before he could shoot Hare.
This, not to mention that what hit her Void definitely wasn't a small bullet. Plus, the look on Yahiro's face when he watches Hare's death isn't the look of a guy who killed or even planned to kill her. If he has any ulterior motives at all (and he may, though I don't really think so), Hare definitely wasn't a part of them.
Old 2012-02-05, 07:38   Link #215
Soji

Yeah now that you mention you right. but then why he was alone there when shu break down?.
Old 2012-02-05, 07:46   Link #216
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Yeah now that you mention you right. but then why he was alone there when shu break down?.
Maybe because the helicopter has left that area, so that means it's safer to move around there.
Also because of Ayayse needing a wheelchair and that slows the group down a little, it's harder to move around with her. But leaving her alone in such a dangerious place, doesn't seem to be an option to me. So Tsugumi (who is also the closest to ayayse)had to stay behnd with her.
Old 2012-02-05, 10:27   Link #217
konart

Quote:
Because he was looking for the king to retrive him.
Old 2012-02-05, 18:16   Link #218
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Arrrgh what the ... not again! Damn ... I hoped that ... FFFFFFFFFFFF

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, must post something coherent.

As sad as Hare's death was, it was also extremely annoying and frustrating. No, not because I dislike her character. In fact, it has nothing to do with her at all, but rather the situation or concept she represented.

Thing is I'm seriously fed up with the crap I've seen in other Animes. What I'm talking about is...

So you have the main male character and a female character who will become his girlfriend (it may not happen in the first episodes, but we all know that they're both destined to be together). They are the big couple, the main couple.

However, in the middle of the show, there is another girl who has romantic feelings towards the main hero. And just as she is about to confess her feelings (or shortly afterwards), she gets offed. The writers of the show kill her off.... Just to make sure that there is no competition and the main couple can remain intact, they take the easy way, the half-assed way out.

I mean, god forbid they took a different approach and developed this unique situation further. Yes, there are Anime's where the lead hero has two girls who are in love with him, and that is something I like, especially when we don't see his decision. It gives us something to hope for, something to think about.

Instead, they just killed Hare off, so that she wouldn't get in the way of Shu and Inori ... wow, how original ... lazy bastards.

Anyway, this is more of a rant than an actual opinion of the episode. The again, even a rant is an opinion, in a way.
Old 2012-02-05, 21:26   Link #219
djmaca
My Girl ↓

My final remarks after discussing this episode with the net:

*raises hand and arm*

HEIL MEIN FUHRER! HEIL SHU!
Old 2012-02-05, 22:04   Link #220
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Arrrgh what the ... not again! Damn ... I hoped that ... FFFFFFFFFFFF

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, must post something coherent.

As sad as Hare's death was, it was also extremely annoying and frustrating. No, not because I dislike her character. In fact, it has nothing to do with her at all, but rather the situation or concept she represented.

Thing is I'm seriously fed up with the crap I've seen in other Animes. What I'm talking about is...

So you have the main male character and a female character who will become his girlfriend (it may not happen in the first episodes, but we all know that they're both destined to be together). They are the big couple, the main couple.

However, in the middle of the show, there is another girl who has romantic feelings towards the main hero. And just as she is about to confess her feelings (or shortly afterwards), she gets offed. The writers of the show kill her off.... Just to make sure that there is no competition and the main couple can remain intact, they take the easy way, the half-assed way out.

I mean, god forbid they took a different approach and developed this unique situation further. Yes, there are Anime's where the lead hero has two girls who are in love with him, and that is something I like, especially when we don't see his decision. It gives us something to hope for, something to think about.

Instead, they just killed Hare off, so that she wouldn't get in the way of Shu and Inori ... wow, how original ... lazy bastards.

Anyway, this is more of a rant than an actual opinion of the episode. The again, even a rant is an opinion, in a way.
Hare still had a mighty high death flag, if she didn't die by bad luck it would be by heroic sacrifice due to Shuu's stupidity, still a murder the hypotenuse event would have been interesting to see.