AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 12:34   Link #801
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And how many actually do follow it, how many of them actually do enjoy it, rather than just following for the sake of finishing what they started.
I would rather be slapped on my face with a dead fish, than read knim again from the point I left it (Biker boy cooking to get your gf back).
I never said it was good, just that it was allowed to run for so long.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 12:50   Link #802
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I never said it was good, just that it was allowed to run for so long.
Its not as easy as you think it is. If the only thing that was important for running a series was how good it is, then we would have a lot more good mangas out there from new faces.
Imo Seo just run on his *backbone* he made over the years. Most likely his not so bad art and friends in higher places have him still in the run.
Same for medaka box, I couldn't get how that manga became so shitty yet it still in the run and even have had an anime. But the author that made it was quite popular so there you go, even when medaka was in the bottom rankings, editors still didn't axe it. On the other hand many good and promising mangas get axed just because authors don't have enough power to back it up.
Old 2012-10-06, 18:29   Link #803
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I dream of having the Harem situation solved soon with Chitoge winning and this turning out to be just the first arc of their adventure story in the yakuza/gangster world.

Remember,I said it's a dream

As for Medaka box Vol1 sold quite well,when something sells you keep running it regardless of how it ranks.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:07   Link #804
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, sleeping during that type of situation?

That's worthy of getting your dick using privileges revoked.

Fuck, that guy should just hand in his dick all together.

I stopped caring about this guy already, it's all about Chitoge.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 00:40   Link #805
II Maestro

Well Nisekoi's story is simple not complicated like other romance manga. The best about this manga is that the its simple story and great art specially their reaction on each chapters.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:36   Link #806
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Chapter 45 : well, Raku Ichijou.... you're so immature... hehehe
I feel bad for Onodera and Chitoge....
well, worst for Onodera, the author seems not in favor for her... although I really want to see Raku's reaction
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 18:25   Link #807
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, all these points that Raku built up over the manga were destroyed in a single moment. Seriously, falling asleep sitting up while having a serious conversation with the girl you supposedly love. I was hoping he'd prove to be better than most harem protagonists, but I guess the author had to fall back on the lame cliche to keep the manga going.

Raku lost a lot of respect in my eyes. It took a huge amount of courage from Onodera to speak up like that, given her personality, and he ruined it.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:35   Link #808
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
The adrenaline that the excitement creates from being near your crush in a situation like that should keep you awake 100% of the time. Srsly, his grin was so wide it made me wanna puke. Like hell somebody could fall asleep like that. Compare it to skydiving. HAS SOMEBODY EVER FALLEN ASLEEP WHILE SKYDIVINGG%?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:38   Link #809
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I see a lot of unfavourable reactions to the latest chapter. Well, I can empathise with those views but I personally do not see why that should be the case when all of us anticipated a "dodge the bullet" moment the instant Onodera's suddenly blurting out her inner thoughts without realising so.

He was being like a kid getting all excited the night before and he had been doing pretty much all the cooking; not surprised he'd be tired but I suppose he must have thought too much and dozed off (read the last few pages of chapter 44).

Nonetheless, perhaps from now on, hopefully we'll see a more progressive stance on the romance, especially with that moment from the next chapter on.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:55   Link #810
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I see a lot of unfavourable reactions to the latest chapter. Well, I can empathise with those views but I personally do not see why that should be the case when all of us anticipated a "dodge the bullet" moment the instant Onodera's suddenly blurting out her inner thoughts without realising so.

He was being like a kid getting all excited the night before and he had been doing pretty much all the cooking; not surprised he'd be tired but I suppose he must have thought too much and dozed off (read the last few pages of chapter 44).

Nonetheless, perhaps from now on, hopefully we'll see a more progressive stance on the romance, especially with that moment from the next chapter on.
We all expected a poor turn out and got one. However, expecting it doesn't make it any less poor.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:01   Link #811
RapidPotential

I see where you're coming from. However, expecting it makes whatever disappointment or anger less than what you would feel. At least, not enough for a more volatile reaction than it warrants.
Old 2012-10-07, 23:16   Link #812
Master Chibi

Quote:
I see where you're coming from. However, expecting it makes whatever disappointment or anger less than what you would feel. At least, not enough for a more volatile reaction than it warrants.
Uh no, it reaffirms our disappointment that we can predict that easily to begin with. That only makes us angrier and more disappointed. Why would anyone want to be right in being wrong?

Old 2012-10-07, 23:31   Link #813
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Uh no, it reaffirms our disappointment that we can predict that easily to begin with. That only makes us angrier and more disappointed. Why would anyone want to be right in being wrong?
I see it differently, so we'll just agree to disagree on this point. There's a reason why I don't put high expectations in general. I don't expect much so I'm always getting pleasant surprises and I do not end up angry and disappointed when clichés pop out. Yes, I understand that unpredictable plots and points are what most people look for but let's be realistic; this is a romantic comedy, a genre pretty much commonplace these days. Clichés are unavoidable.

And no, I do not feel let down when I expected something to come true. I would also like to be proven wrong sometimes too, but if it doesn't happen, then nothing will come of it anyway.
Old 2012-10-07, 23:49   Link #814
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Raku, meet my fist. Fist, meet Raku. What's that Fist? You can't see him clearly? No problem, let me help you get a closer look *punch to the face* This MC frustrates me so much. Sure, Onodera's no cherry blossom sweetheart either, but for crying out loud you don't say that to a girl, no matter how much she annoys you.
Old 2012-10-08, 00:21   Link #815
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

While in the end I agree he shouldn't said all those, I don't think Raku really meant it. They usually fights verbally and beside Chitoge tricked her with almost the same question (chapter.... 32, I think, before Marika appears) so maybe Raku just doesn't want to be fooled twice. He just couldn't see the real situation that Chitoge is actually asking him seriously now

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the make ou..... I mean make up chapter
Old 2012-10-08, 02:15   Link #816
Master Chibi

Quote:
I see it differently, so we'll just agree to disagree on this point. There's a reason why I don't put high expectations in general. I don't expect much so I'm always getting pleasant surprises and I do not end up angry and disappointed when clichés pop out. Yes, I understand that unpredictable plots and points are what most people look for but let's be realistic; this is a romantic comedy, a genre pretty much commonplace these days. Clichés are unavoidable.

And no, I do not feel let down when I expected something to come true. I would also like to be proven wrong sometimes too, but if it doesn't happen, then nothing will come of it anyway.
So it's ok for you because your expectations are low and you don't get disappointed but it's not ok for us because our expectations are also low but we choose to be disappointed and angry over it?

Uh, ok then?

Old 2012-10-08, 05:51   Link #817
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh cmon, this wasn't just predictable, it was bound to happen, the way the series has been all the time. Raku barely misses Onodera flags even though he wants them but unconsciously raises Chitoge flags... this is not the first time and won't be the last.
To get upset about it now is a little late.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:43   Link #818
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Raku, meet my fist. Fist, meet Raku. What's that Fist? You can't see him clearly? No problem, let me help you get a closer look *punch to the face* This MC frustrates me so much. Sure, Onodera's no cherry blossom sweetheart either, but for crying out loud you don't say that to a girl, no matter how much she annoys you.
Did you mean chitoge? Anyway, I was wondering why everyone is so mad..and then I read the latest chapter. Ugh, THIS is why I hate tsundere sometimes. You never know when the words that you speak will really hurt those around you eventhough they already know that you can`t be honest (Though in this case both party doesn't seem to understand it).

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 07:38   Link #819
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
So it's ok for you because your expectations are low and you don't get disappointed but it's not ok for us because our expectations are also low but we choose to be disappointed and angry over it?

Uh, ok then?
I never once said it was not all right to not feel disappointed and angry. How you manage to mince that out of my words is just perplexing. Look, my point here is that if you know what's coming, being upset is pointless. Don't get me wrong here - you're free to express disappointment - I'm just expressing my opinion that some of the reactions are a bit over the top, that's all.

We've seen numerous series take this turn before and I don't see how it'll be too much different with this series, with the route it has chosen to take, and not just now. Earlier chapters had a similar thing going on.
Old 2012-10-08, 09:51   Link #820
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Damnit. Why does Raku have to be so tsundere? Not that Chitoge is any better (though she is getting better lately).

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life